Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry Slams the Royal Family in Court!

Speaking out against the royal family once more. Prince Harry accused The Firm of withholding information during this lawsuit against a British publishing company.

The Duke of Sussex, 38, is one of the several high-profile stars involved in the lawsuit against Associated Newspapers Limited over the unlawful alleged gathering of information, including invasion of privacy and phone-tapping. Elton John, David Furnish, Elizabeth Hurley, Sadie Frost and Baroness Doreen Lawrence are also plaintiffs in the case against the media giant, which also owns the Daily Mail, Mail Online and the Mail on Sunday.

Harry, for his part, claimed he was made aware of phone-tapping by the now-defunct News of the World tabloid — which was part of Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers (NGN) — in 2005 but was allegedly told by his relatives to not pursue legal action.

“The Institution made it clear that we did not need to know anything about phone hacking and it was made clear to me that the royal family did not sit in the witness box because that could open up a can of worms,” the Archewell cofounder said in a witness statement on Tuesday, March 28.

He continued: “The Institution was without a doubt withholding information from me for a long time about NGN’s phone hacking and that has only become clear in recent years as I have pursued my own claim with different legal advice and representation.”

The Spare author went on to say it was “not an exaggeration to say the bubble burst” based on what he was made aware of prior to him leaving the United Kingdom with wife Meghan Markle. The couple stepped down as working members of the royal family in January 2020 and subsequently moved to California with son Archie, now 3 years old. (The pair, who wed in 2018, later welcomed daughter Lilibet, 21 months old.)

In October 2022, the Invictus Games founder decided to take legal action against Associated Newspapers Limited after learning of “compelling and highly distressing evidence that they have been the victims of abhorrent criminal activity and gross breaches of privacy,” per a statement released by the U.K. law firm Hamlins, who is representing the group of A-listers.

Harry, for his part, has frequently spoken out against his family in recent years. In the past several months, the prince released his tell-all memoir, Spare, was extensively interviewed for Harry & Meghan, Netflix’s docuseries with the Duchess of Sussex, 41.

In his tell-all, Harry detailed his many ups and downs with his father, King Charles III, and brother Prince William. Among the accusations against Charles, 74, and William, 40, Harry revealed in the memoir that he and his brother got into a physical altercation after an argument over the Suits alum. He also accused William of discouraging him from pursuing a relationship with Meghan. As for his relationship with his father, Harry alleged that his father’s team leaked his plans to leave his royal duties which also led to an argument with the monarch and his brother over his decision to step down.

While promoting his book, the retired military pilot did several sit-down interviews to tell his side of the story and where he stands with his brood.

“I don’t think that we can ever have peace with my family unless the truth is out there,” he said during a Good Morning America segment in January. “There’s a lot that I can forgive, but there needs to be conversations in order for reconciliation, and part of that has to be accountability. … I just hope that there’s a way that we can have a conversation that is trusted within that conversation that isn’t then spilled to the British press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2023 6:08 AM

FF

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2023 11:02 AM

R1 = Men in Gray trying to shut down criticism of the BRF.

FF R1 into oblivion, if you agree.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2023 11:08 AM

Why is nothing ever Harry's fault? Is he unable to read newspapers? Can't he make a decision for himself? Does he have any independent thoughts? If someone told him to jump off a cliff, would he do it? Don't answer the last question, we all know he would, and it would definitely not be his fault... poor, little dumb Harry.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2023 11:21 AM

[quote]Elton John, David Furnish, Elizabeth Hurley, Sadie Frost

God, those have to be some tedious conversations. "ME, ME, ME..and then what about ME??"

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2023 11:22 AM

Is that the whole truth, Harry? Be careful what you wish for.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2023 11:48 AM

What'd he say? OP is grayed out.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2023 12:14 PM

Harry being in London for the case is a distraction. His main reason for being here is the Coronation. To sort out his attendance or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2023 12:23 PM

R7 Charles is in Berlin. William isn't in London. He's not meeting either of them.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2023 12:29 PM

The coronation is over a month away.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2023 12:29 PM

Haz flew over for the case on Monday.

Chas didn't start his state visit to Germany until today. There was plenty of time to timetable a meeting if not with Chas, then his flunkies.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2023 9:25 PM

[quote]Prince Harry Slams the Royal Family

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2023 9:29 PM

R6 He said, "Please get me out of this awful marriage to that bitch! I was tricked into marrying her! Truly, I was !"

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2023 9:43 PM

[quote] Prince Harry Reportedly 'Torpedoed Any Remaining Bridges' With the Royal Family After His Bombshell Court Statement

Prince Harry’s fight against the U.K. media was always going to have consequences, but his surprise appearance in the London court hearings this week may have sped things along with the royal family. One of King Charles III’s close pals assessed the situation after the Duke of Sussex’s blistering witness statement and it doesn’t sound like a reconciliation will happen — like, ever.

The source bluntly shared with the Daily Beast that “the trust is gone” between Harry and the palace. That doesn’t come as a surprise after exiting his senior role, writing his memoir, Spare, and exposing the hypocrisy within the royal family in the Netflix docuseries, Harry & Meghan. “Harry has torpedoed any remaining bridges with this statement. It is just six weeks until the coronation and the last thing Charles needs,” the insider added.

The pal also noted that King Charles’ “too busy” excuse, even though he was in London after a canceled France tour, was the writing on the wall. “The trust is gone and I think that’s been made quite clear by the king refusing to meet him,” they said. It seems that Prince William feels the same way about his younger brother and can’t be bothered to communicate with him while he’s in town (He, Kate Middleton, and the kids are on holiday for spring break.)

“William is over it at this stage,” a second source remarked. “If this was about his vendetta with the Mail that would be one thing. But Harry keeps doing everything in his power to try and embarrass the family. How can you have a relationship with someone who is doing that?” However, no one within palace circles wants to acknowledge the conflict of interest that exists with having the Royal Rota in the first place. The media holds a lot of power, and over the years, has pitted royal family members against each other. The walls are now crumbling down and it’s leaving everyone exposed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2023 10:53 PM

Human blood is set to "drench" one of the UK's most famous landmarks in a protest over Prince Harry's controversial remarks about the number of people he killed in Afghanistan.

Russian artist Andrei Molodkin says he will project a sculpture featuring blood donated by Afghans on to St Paul's Cathedral in the coming days, along with footage of the Duke of Sussex.

It comes after Harry faced criticism for revealing in his memoir that he killed 25 Taliban fighters while serving in Afghanistan. He wrote that it "wasn't a number that gave me any satisfaction... but neither was it a number that made me feel ashamed".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2023 11:06 PM

The only one with balls to defend his wife and family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2023 11:09 PM

Suck it up loons.😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2023 1:03 AM

Now the British tabloid rags are blaming Harry (and Meghan) for "upstaging" King Charles' European tour.

This week was supposed to be all about King Charles III and his goodwill tour with Queen Consort Camilla in France, but a workers’ strike and ongoing protests halted those plans. Instead, the media is focused on Prince Harry and his unexpected appearance in London for his legal case against Associated Newspapers.

Perhaps this would be a time for the royal family to hash things out before the coronation? Nope. Charles is reportedly “busy” and doesn’t have time for his youngest son even though his scheduled plans were just wiped out. But it’s the U.K. media that seems to be even more pressed because Harry’s presence is a disruption to their King Charles coronation coverage. The Telegraph is ranting over the idea that Harry would have garnered more headlines in London than his dad’s trip to France if the visit had happened.

Meghan Markle isn’t even in the country, but she’s getting blamed, along with her husband, for planning the court appearance to “upstage the King’s European charm offensive.” That just doesn’t make sense since Harry isn’t the only A-list name involved in the invasion of privacy case. Shouldn’t they also be mad at Elton John for showing up? But the issue goes much deeper than a family feud or paying insiders for celebrity secrets — it’s that blurred line the royal family walks with the media.

Prince Harry’s dispute against Associated Newspapers includes the Daily Mail, the tabloid he and Meghan sued and won for libel and invasion of privacy before. And remember, Charles hired former Daily Mail deputy editor Tobyn Andreae to be his communications secretary last summer, so the palace is essentially sleeping with the enemy. Oh, what a tangled web the royal family weaves, and Harry’s presence in London certainly was a plot twist they weren’t expecting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2023 1:42 AM

[quote] Instead, the media is focused on Prince Harry and...

And so it is and will be. Harry will always grab national attention more than Charles or Will. He's the star.

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2023 2:01 AM

[quote] Harry’s presence in London certainly was a plot twist they weren’t expecting

Can I have him banned from entering the country?

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2023 2:03 AM

Regardless of what one feels about Prince Harry, the Daily Mail is a bane on British democracy. The UK would be better off by running it to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2023 2:07 AM

That ginger cunt.

by Anonymousreply 21March 30, 2023 2:27 AM

R21 They're called bullocks Dee. Long time since ya see them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2023 2:42 AM

Der Biergarten das Queen Drunksort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2023 2:46 AM

Damn, Harry's looking good at R22.

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2023 2:46 AM

Charles looks very handsome too, on his trip to Germany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2023 2:47 AM

This was totally predictable. A blind person could see it coming.

The tabloids in the UK are awful. At one point one of them hacked into the phone of a family whose child was kidnapped, listened to their voicemails, and then reset them as if they were new. Then the family heard an old message thinking it was new, and mistakenly believed their kidnapped child was still alive. The child was found dead later. Imagine how they felt.

H&M aren’t the only ones affected by this. Other celebrities are too, as well as poor unfortunates like that family. Harry knows his mother was stalked by the tabloids and had her privacy invaded, of course he doesn’t want them doing this to his family as an adult. And they’re even worse now than they were then. They’ve been allowed to get away with too much because people don’t want to go to court and publicize scandals about themselves further. It’s like blackmail in a way. Let the tabloid get away with it even more, or they’ll bring up your darkest secrets in court. Good for Harry & Co. for calling their bluff.

And the palace’s normal way of dealing with such things is to do nothing. Probably in part because they’re in bed with them. What’s best for the palace leakers is not necessarily best for every individual in the family, or any of them in the long run.

In the long run, if these people prevail, it will benefit the privacy of the entire royal family. Not everyone wants their individual personal business in a tabloid, just because it gets publicity for the BRF as a whole. That’s a very corporate way of looking at it. And “The Firm” is made up of humans, at least some of them don’t want every petty thing they’ve ever done in print.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2023 3:04 AM

Their Majesties are the personification of British beauty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2023 3:42 AM

This f'kin' balless wonder needs to flex, to try to imagine he has some. Look in wifee's handbag, Harry that's where your balls have gone.

He better not start his shit in the US. He said free speech is crazy. Maybe you can muzzle people in the UK. Try it here bub, there will be a petition to get your visa pulled. People are already questioning why a bragging drug user was granted a visa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2023 3:45 AM

^

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2023 3:55 AM

^ Trolls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2023 3:56 AM

R28 must work for the Daily Mail. Bugging people’s phones isn’t free speech.

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2023 3:57 AM

r1 directly asked for us to FF him, so i complied!

by Anonymousreply 32March 30, 2023 3:58 AM

The press hacked William and Kate's phones too, multiple times. How does Harry make the phone hacking the Royal family’s fault?

by Anonymousreply 33March 30, 2023 4:05 AM

"How does Harry make the phone hacking the Royal family’s fault?"

For R33 who clearly can't read:

[quote] Harry, for his part, claimed he was made aware of phone-tapping by the now-defunct News of the World tabloid — which was part of Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers (NGN) — in 2005 but was allegedly told by his relatives to not pursue legal action.

[quote] “The Institution made it clear that we did not need to know anything about phone hacking and it was made clear to me that the royal family did not sit in the witness box because that could open up a can of worms,” the Archewell cofounder said in a witness statement on Tuesday, March 28.

[quote] He continued: “The Institution was without a doubt withholding information from me for a long time about NGN’s phone hacking and that has only become clear in recent years as I have pursued my own claim with different legal advice and representation.”

by Anonymousreply 34March 30, 2023 4:06 AM

[quote] the Daily Mail is a bane on British democracy. The UK would be better off by running it to the ground.

But they have the best photographs.

by Anonymousreply 35March 30, 2023 4:44 AM

Harry is nothing in the UK, r18. Charles is the king and William is the heir. The tabloid focus on Harry is nothing to do with him being a "star", which he is not, but because his ludicrous antics provide them with endless material for their stupid stories.

by Anonymousreply 36March 30, 2023 12:46 PM

^ 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 30, 2023 3:27 PM
by Anonymousreply 38March 30, 2023 4:45 PM

He's the next adult in the line of succession, twerp at r37, it's simply respecting convention.

And, William = 47.5%, Harry = 8.8%.

Also, "The survey was carried out by Betfair Bingo and involved 2,006 UK adults."

Harry is nothing but a joke in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 39March 30, 2023 5:49 PM

[quote] Prince Harry Slams the Royal Family in Court!

In other news: it’s Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 40March 30, 2023 5:52 PM

Transylvanian Royalty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 30, 2023 6:11 PM

Nice to see the picture of Their Majesties doing their duties during their state visit to Germany. Far more appropriate than squabbling with the gutter press in court in pursuit of yet another payday.

by Anonymousreply 42March 30, 2023 6:44 PM

R41 Bitch stole my act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 30, 2023 6:55 PM

Harry, who could have done many useful things with his position, has turned himself into Emily Ratface.

He has become nothing more than a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 44March 30, 2023 8:14 PM

[quote]Damn, Harry's looking good at [R22].

I’d take what you see with a huge grain of salt…you might want to zoom in on his face…either he has a weird spotted disease or someone did a bad photoshop job. Looks like they added hair too.

by Anonymousreply 45March 30, 2023 8:26 PM

R45 Beats nothing more than a clown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2023 1:20 AM

This silly little boy is simply lost. Nothing the family can do. Let him know he is loved but that his behavior is not acceptable.

He can come home when he apologizes.

by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2023 2:54 AM

The idiot Harry stans aren't going to know what to do when he makes up with his family, William above all, and proves his loyalty to the monarchy. Surely Harry talking about how wonderful Lady Susan Hussey is was a first hint for them that things aren't quite as they perceived they were, but they chose to ignore that.

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2023 5:10 AM

Like the porkies the Harkles tell, r48, inconvenient comments such as those Dimbo madeabout Lady Hussey are just ignored by the Sussex Squad.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2023 10:58 PM

Klan Grannies get more deranged the warmer it gets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2023 11:04 PM

Ultimately the Harry&Megan defenders are just elderly Dianafraus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2023 12:44 AM

So funny that Harry will expose the Firm's complicity in selling him down the river.

Chuck sold his son out to lift the Queen Correspondent's profile with British commoners.

Happy Coronation, Chuckie.

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2023 12:51 AM

He's not a "star"; he's a train wreck. Both attract attention, but don't mistake one for the other.

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2023 12:58 AM

Probably because he was back in Britain and Meghan wasn't around, r24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 26, 2023 8:10 AM

R2, I already have shit for brains R1 blocked. He's a famous troll

by Anonymousreply 55April 26, 2023 8:41 AM

So this proves the royals have colluded with the tabloids

by Anonymousreply 56April 26, 2023 8:41 AM

R52, william or charles just got caught leaking a letter between Meghan and Charles to the tabloids. The tabloids lied and said she leaked it. Her lawyers made them take it down. And the shitty so called journalist valentine low had to apologize for lying. But he didn't say who leaked it to him. Said he forgot who gave it to him and he was mistaken.

I wish Harry would drop the hammer on his piece of shit family and spill all their secrets.

by Anonymousreply 57April 26, 2023 8:44 AM

In what way is a private settlement for phone hacking "colluding with the tabloids", r56? What it proves is that the other royals have had way more shit from the tabloids than Harry has but they don't make a song and dance about it.

by Anonymousreply 58April 26, 2023 9:22 AM

Neither William nor Charles was caught leaking anything, r57.

The reason Harry hasn't "dropped the hammer" to "spill all their secrets" is that there are no secrets to spill, at least nothing beyond normal family issues that every family has. Harry will forever be disappointing his dim, naive fans, who are desperate for him to leak the juicy gossip and don't understand why he doesn't, despite the umpteen opportunities of the book, court cases, Netflix series, Oprah and Anderson interviews, etc., etc. The reason he doesn't is because there's nothing to reveal. This "zinger" about William sensibly reaching a settlement will end up being as big a dud as William allegedly shoving him and his necklace being torn off.

by Anonymousreply 59April 26, 2023 9:30 AM

Harry is like a turd that won't flush.

by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2023 9:52 AM

r58, no.

by Anonymousreply 61April 26, 2023 4:50 PM

The warmer it gets the more deranged you Klan Grannies become.😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2023 5:24 PM

The Duke of Sussex appears to have “factual inconsistencies” in his legal claim about being a victim of hacking, a senior judge said.

Mr Justice Fancourt said he has concerns about Harry’s account of an alleged secret deal by the royal family, which he says prevented him bringing legal action earlier.

Harry, 38, has accused the late Queen of being involved in an agreement with the publisher of The Sun and the News of the World. He says his brother secretly accepted a “very large sum” in compensation from the publisher in 2020.

The judge questioned why details of Harry’s legal claim filed in 2020 failed to include the alleged secret deal which the duke now says means the publisher accepted it would not try to block his compensation claim because it was too old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2023 9:06 PM

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Expect to see lots of false stories and blatant lies spread about Harry and Meghan, from the Men in Gray, the Palace, and the BRF, along with Murdoch and the British Tabloid "journalist" media.

They all have a vested interest in discrediting Harry and THE TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 64April 26, 2023 10:36 PM

Lol, r64. Mr Justice Fancourt is the judge overseeing Harry's hacking case.

by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2023 5:55 AM

Harry and Meghan is the Prancing fucking Ponies of the 2020s

JUST DIE ALREADY MEGHEADS

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2023 6:02 AM

Just shut up you little ginger cunt.

by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2023 6:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!