Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would this get broadcast in the US?

We currently have an advert for Flo tampons being broadcast in the UK. It is being shown at any time of day and gets pretty directly to the point.

Not sure you'd see it anywhere outside of Northern Europe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2023 1:17 PM

That wouldn't raise much of an eyebrow in Australia. I think people would find it funny. The shock jocks might carry on about it, but they carry relatively little weight, especially when talking about women.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2023 11:26 AM

It might get broadcast as an internet or streaming commercial in the U.S., we’ve had Poopourri and Lume commercials. Perhaps not on OG network prime time.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2023 4:54 PM

That was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2023 5:16 PM

I think it would be fine. No one in America freaked out about the Camp Gyno or Red Moon Party commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2023 5:28 PM

.First Moon party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2023 5:32 PM

Probably not. This would be considered too “woke” 🙄

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2023 5:51 AM

Not on broadcast tv, but streamers, yes. I remember being shocked by some advert on Peacock or Hulu for some feminine hygiene product, featuring a Bridgestone era set replete with a Queen. It was quasi-posh but ended with, “because you put it in your VAGINA.” It had some weird name, like Fexxy.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2023 6:47 AM

I once saw a great ad for heavy duty absorbing tampons where a woman dives into the swimming pool on her property and when she gets out of it the swimming pool is completely empty. I think it was a Swedish commercial.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2023 7:21 AM

We have a greater need for adverts featuring nude men.

Nude men are more satisfying than female cotton..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2023 8:30 AM

There’s a commercial for pads here in the US that includes a (non-binary ?) person who appears male. I really couldn’t know whether that person is just a butch woman or a trans or what. It’s only logical to acknowledge all women, though. Not all are skinny pretty teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2023 11:06 AM

R9. GET YO HAIRY ASS OUT MY WIFE’S KITCHEN!

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2023 1:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!