Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KY governor vetoes "don't say gay"/antitrans bill

The dueling banjos have been silenced, if only for a moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2023 7:12 AM

He's a Democrat, so it makes sense.

Amazingly, Kentucky elected a Democrat to be their Governor.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2023 6:43 PM

[quote]The dueling banjos have been silenced, if only for a moment.

Well done, OP. Seriously very well done!

Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2023 6:48 PM

R2 *tips hat*

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2023 6:50 PM

Andy Beshear is a treasure. Sadly, our state congress is overwhelmingly Republican so he can barely get anything done. The only reason he got elected was the previous Republican governor was so heinous even the conservatives couldn't stand him. Andy's up for reelection this November so please send us hope and good wishes here in Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2023 7:14 PM

I’m sure that the Repukes in the Kentucky state legislature will be more than happy to override Andy’s veto. One of their colleagues, a Democrat, lost her trans son to suicide. She begged them to not pass this law, asserting that the legislation could lead to more suicides among already vulnerable populations. They ignored her pleas, and passed it anyway.

Soulless monsters, the whole lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2023 7:48 PM

Do they have enough votes to override the veto?

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2023 8:02 PM

He should be the Dem nominee for President.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2023 10:41 PM

That gov will be gone next election cycle, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2023 10:42 PM

The decision appears to have caused him to break out in a rash.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2023 10:49 PM

We'll see. The more the Rethugs "double down" on their hatred for so many American citizens, the less support they have across the country and in individual states.

And they're not going to have Mitch/Yertle any longer.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2023 10:54 PM

[quote] And they're not going to have Mitch/Yertle any longer.

True, they'll have Marjorie - even worse

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2023 11:15 PM

Marge is just another congressional rep. and she's not that bright. Mitch was a senator and the Senate Leader for many years and exercised real power. His influence will be missed by the hicks in KY and by the GOP.

I'm not saying Marge isn't dangerous, she's dangerous all right. She just doesn't have the intelligence and experience of Yertle. He's going to be a huge loss to Republicans, so that's nice.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2023 11:21 PM

[quote]The repackaged measure would ban gender-affirming care for transgender minors. [bold]It would outlaw gender reassignment surgery for anyone under 18, as well as the use of puberty blockers and hormones, and inpatient and outpatient gender-affirming hospital services.[/bold]

[quote]Doctors would have to set a timeline to “detransition” children already taking puberty blockers or undergoing hormone therapy. They could continue offering care as they taper a youngster’s treatments, if removing them from the treatment immediately could harm the child.

Ok? What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2023 11:48 PM

I so want him inside me deeply.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2023 11:50 PM

His only flaw is that he’s a nepo baby.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2023 11:50 PM

R13, that bill is totally unacceptable to decent people.

What's the problem, R13? Are you fucking retarded?

For the Trans Hate political wedge crew, I'm sure it looks fine. To the rest of us it looks like hatred, discrimination, deliberately going against the vast majority of medical recommendations for care, includes forced detransitioning which causes so much mental, physical and emotional pain I don't even know where to start.

If you are too stupid to see and understand what's wrong with this bill, I feel so sorry for you. I also really dislike and distrust you. Stay out of Trans lives, Trans families lives and go stir up your stupid political wedge issue hatred about something else. You are damaging people.

And of course, as we see in Florida, if you give these fascists an inch they'll try to take a mile and they'll kill everyone but straight white right wing assholes before they're through. You pretend not to know this but you do know it. This is why you are an obvious political shit-stirrer and not a real Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2023 11:58 PM

That's a slobbering trans-hate troll cunt you're talking to R16. Of course they would love and support this bill. They want every letter of LGBT dead and eradicated from existence - not just the trans people but all the rest of us LGB too.

Good for Andy Beshear. He's held it off for a while longer but I have the feeling this will be back in the future.

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2023 12:04 AM

r16 These are children, though. Surgeries and puberty blockers have irreversible consequences on the human body. What is the problem with restricting that for minors?

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2023 12:53 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2023 5:47 AM

His wife is trans. His kids are both trans. Rumors are his dog thinking about becoming trans!!!!

Stop this madness now!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2023 6:25 AM

The man has shaving issues

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2023 7:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!