Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I watched Lief Garret in PARTY LINE last night

Watched Lief Garret in PARTY LINE (1988) last night.

What an awkward performance. His face is so resigned and emotionless while doing such bizarre things. Especially compared to the rest of the hammy/bad cast. His character goes from yuppie serial killer, to “transvestite” psycho, to Michael Cane in DRESSED TO KILL, and at the end looks like Adam Ant (underwater). All while having the facial expression of someone under anesthesia. And that hairline!

Did someone make the film to punish him? The film is almost so bad it’s good. Almost. Shades of I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I SAW WHAT YOU DID. What a clunker. We were laughing all the way through it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2023 1:15 PM

Hmm, I was almost certain I saw you OP last night at William Christie's Dido and Aeneas at Versailles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2023 11:52 AM

OP is Garret himself

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2023 12:03 PM

It stars Richard Hatch from Battlestar Galactica

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2023 12:10 PM

Leif.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2023 12:19 PM

Garrett

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 12:44 PM

How embarrassing for him.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2023 12:53 PM

I could never understand why my sister plastered her bedroom walls with dozens of pictures of this guy, circa 1978.

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2023 12:57 PM

I recently saw him in an episode of Wonder Woman

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2023 12:58 PM

Were there still party lines in 1988?

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 1:07 PM

According to the timeline of Leif Garrett’s downfall from teen idol status, 1988 was during his heroin addiction years.

This would explain his bland, unaffected expression as he’s going through the motions of a humiliating B-movie role. Anything for heroin.

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2023 1:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!