Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

No libido

I'm looking for advice. I'm on anti depressants..and I've no interest in sex. My partner is frustrated to the point that he's started passing comments when we're around close friends...comments like " I forget what sex is like its been so long since I've had any". That doesn't bother me, but the message is clear, he's begrudgingly accepting no sex for a stable partner..on meds. We have a somewhat open relationship so I hope he gets it elsewhere, but I just shared a cab from a club with the cutest 23 year old, and I loved kissing him..but it wasn't sexual...it was sweet and tender and lovely...but the idea of sex wud be draining. What did You do in this scenario....do I come off the mens...alter them...fake sex time with my bf...I've let it go on too long without taking some action. Some of u have to have been in this same scenario. X

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 4:44 AM

Have you looked into adding Wellbutrin to your arsenal? That seems to help a lot of people mitigate some of the libido deadening that SSRI's cause.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2023 4:06 AM

X.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2023 4:08 AM

Shreds OP. That's what I'm hoping for.

🍿

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2023 4:10 AM

“do I come off the mens...alter them...” Perfect Freudian slip!

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2023 4:14 AM

Maybe your testosterone levels are low, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 4:18 AM

It's very tough when you have the desire but can't get up for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2023 4:18 AM

[quote] We have a somewhat open relationship so I hope he gets it elsewhere, but I just shared a cab from a club with the cutest 23 year old, and I loved kissing him

"Somwhat" open relationship? It sounds like full blown open.

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2023 4:18 AM

Wellbutrin is supposed to help (but it didn't help me). 15 years of Lexapro weight gain and no interest in sex and then switched to Trintellix which was like a magic bullet. Depression and anxiety eased, sex drive returned, (supposedly) lower risk of weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2023 4:19 AM

SSRI's are shitty. Even after quitting zoloft, I can't keep an erection during sex. I don't even think about sex that much, unless I'm thinking about why I don't want it or why I haven't been on a date in 3 years. Also curious how long you have been open, especially in connection to your ssri use.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 4:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!