Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrity Drama That NEVER Dies

What celebrity drama remains fresh, timeless, for every generation after it?

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2023 5:38 PM

The one I tire of the most is the rehashing of Courtney Love conspiracies, not so much herself nor Kurt but the thousand and one connections of people in the peripheral that get pulled up into the varied conspiracies to be used as devices to fuel the main conspiracy. . . that one can't discuss the Seattle music scene in of the 80s/90s without opening the door to a flood of those nutters.

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 11:36 PM

R1 fails at both being the traditional bitchy cunt R1 or the over-zealous "ME FIRST" poster who offers something hackneyed and sincere.

No one cares, R1. It ain't the thread.

The thread is about Liz Taylor's marriages, Bowie and Jagger, Marilyn's travails that last year - not your plop of JFK-Lite.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 11:45 PM

Drug deaths, the murder of William Desmond Taylor, Frances Farmer spring to mind.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2023 12:10 AM

The Oscar Slap will live in infinity

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2023 12:31 AM

Richard Gere and the gerbil.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2023 12:41 AM

bette joan

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2023 12:44 AM

The Closet Chronicles, 1902 - Present

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2023 12:58 AM

Didn't Fatty Arbuckle break a young actress's pelvis while raping her - she died and he was ostracized but not criminally charged? Oh those 1920s.

And Marlene Dietrich aborted Jimmy Stewart's baby. And she jumped up and down with glee when one of her many exes, Yul Brynner, got lung cancer. Her daughter wrote quite the saucy tell-all without really being all that hard on Marlene, but made it obvious she had a severe personality disorder. She used actually stick pins to pull her skin up (a do it yourself face lift) during that last singing tour, before she fell and broke her body -- then she lay in bed for many years as a recluse, in Paris, I think?

I can't remember what Greta Garbo got up to. Oh and Rudolph Valentino's vampire-like (beard) wife?

Sorry to go back so far - I just love the 1920s dramas, when being a wanton whore (m or f) came into fashion.

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2023 1:04 AM

Cleopatra VII and Julius Caesar, Cleopatra VII and Mark Anthony.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2023 1:13 AM

My cock and balls define this thread!

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Actor John Wilkes Booth assassinating the President.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2023 1:49 AM

Anna Nicole. There was the drama with the Marshall family and the will. Then all the drama with the baby and her son dying and then her death and Howard K Stern and Larry Birkhead.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2023 2:29 AM

Fatty didn't do it, but the legend lives on.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2023 2:37 AM

R8

He was charged and went through several trials but was ultimately acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2023 2:42 AM

The Diana Ross, Flo Wilson, Mary Ballard drama

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2023 2:46 AM

G and her Oscar. Just give her one already so she shuts her whining.

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Madonna. She won't let the drama die.

by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2023 6:51 AM

Probably can’t do it now but I walked right into the St. Francis, into the elevator and up to the 12th floor. I got a picture of the suite of rooms where Roscoe’s ill-fated party took place. 1219, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2023 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!