Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nail Polish

Do you ever sport nail polish? Who does it: salon or DIY? Do you use UV polish and is it worth it? If by chance you're an old fogey, how do people react?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 8:16 AM

Fag.

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2023 12:40 AM

JUNGLE RED!

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2023 3:50 PM

No thanks to the toxins. Has to be removed with acetone, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2023 6:05 PM

how much does a mani and pedi cost? in nyc area?

do these places double as whore houses? some places say they also massages as well.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2023 11:39 PM

Are you the lady who collapsed from the smell of someone else's perfume R3? There was a recent thread about you on DL.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2023 11:45 PM

I pay $90+ for a manicure and a pedicure. I get clear polish on both feet and nails. I don't honestly care, but I kind of like how it shines/shimmers.

I am too old/lazy/fat (yep, typical datalounger), to clip my toenails. I can of course, but not well. Just easier to get it all done at once.

They always ask me if I want "color" and I've given it a half second thought, but who am I really trying to impress? Meh. I always pass, and get clear gel. I get hangnails often and the gel ... seems to help?

Toenails/fingernails aside, I'm always surprised by all that dead skin they rub off my feet/shins. That alone is worth it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2023 11:45 PM

The black nail polish trend with the millennials now is a complete boner killer.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2023 11:46 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Left something off: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER EVER EVER

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 12:17 AM

I'm 64 look 40 and I would NEVER EVER - NO NO NO - have sex with a Gen Z stud wearing nail polish. I'm sorry, it's just a boner killer!

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 12:20 AM

R6, is that the normal price range for NYC?

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 4:01 PM

Thats a hell no for me personally. Dont mind it on other guys if they're the type that can carry it off

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 6:17 PM

I'm in Denver R11. It is was $90 last time with tip.

Included a manicure, pedicure, foot massage/clean/scrubbing and massage chair.

They always spend the whole time taking to each other in Korean and I'm paranoid they are talking about me.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 11:02 PM

I found out that one of my coworkers (straight male) went to a nail salon. The receipt was on his desk. However, the charge was for 150. His nails doesn't look like it was done professionally. I think he went for a happy ending there.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 6:03 AM

He probably got his arsehole waxed R14.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 6:13 AM

Lol a manicure happy ending

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 6:16 AM

Service for feet and dick.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 6:54 AM

Get a fantastic mani-pedi or facial at an affordable price at your local beauty school! Students are supervised by experienced instructors and graded on their work, ensuring a professional-quality service. They're eager to please and utilize cutting-edge training technology to stay competitive.

I've personally tried both mani-pedis and facials at my beauty school and loved the results. The prices are much lower than salons, yet the service is equally exceptional.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 8:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!