Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rob Lowe: I'll NEVER Stop Pushing my Bland Boring Sons on the Public

Rob and one of his not-as-pretty sons have a new show coming on Netflix, compares themselves to the Douglas acting dynasty.

"Pressed on the current discussion over nepotism in the entertainment industry, Rob Lowe demurred, pointing to his objections to his sons following in his footsteps and adding, "I'm just saying, are you telling me that the world would be better off if Kirk Douglas didn't have Michael Douglas?"

Rob, it's nice you love your kids, but I really doubt your loins will ever get a job that you aren't connected to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Hard pass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 12:35 PM

They both look hideous. And Rob has too much eye make-up on in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 12:39 PM

Every successful actor will push their mediocre children to succeed, that's a natural instinct. He's not doing anything that you bitches wouldn't do (even though most of you will never have kids and will die alone).

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2023 12:51 PM

[quote] "I'm just saying, are you telling me that the world would be better off if Kirk Douglas didn't have Michael Douglas?"

Yes. Michael Douglas, is the ubernepobaby.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2023 12:52 PM

R3 Rob's ugly wife and the reason the kids dont have daddy's "talent"

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2023 12:54 PM

His other son is hotter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2023 12:55 PM

Both Rob and his older son are developing a skeevy guido look I do not care for.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2023 1:02 PM

r1 I hate those macho posturing photos. They are so toxic and regressive.

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2023 1:22 PM

If you listen to his podcast, you’ll notice Rob is actually fairly awkward. He blurts things out that you can tell he later regrets (or should regret.) The macho poses look to me like an awkward dad who doesn’t really know how to act around his adult sons.

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2023 2:03 PM

Rob Lowe isn't even thought of as a good actor, though. I can't even name anything he's done after the 1980s except for that Liberace TV movie, and it was his make-up that did the acting for him.

I can understand why people want to see the acting chops of a child of Meryl Streep or Robert DeNiro. But no one, NO ONE, is wondering how well Rob Lowe's kids can act.

Rob became famous because he was extraordinarily pretty. If he had developed the slightest bit of talent, he could have had a career like Brad Pitt's. All he had was a very pretty face. And his sons don't have that.

by Anonymousreply 10March 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Looking at the pic @OP, I wonder something I've never even thought about: Is there such a thing as a "guido lesbian?"

I mean, I've clocked hundreds of Black bull lesbians, lower middle class white lesbians, academic lesbians, even the odd Cajun lesbian or Creole lesbian (see: CNN's Suzanne Malveaux, for instance). But I've never seen an Italian American lesbian who presents as a stereotypical guido.

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2023 2:30 PM

Is this the “brilliant” Stanford son, or a different one?

by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2023 2:34 PM

R11 wasn’t Gaga’s crossdressed/drag king Italian alter ego serving lesbian guido?

She was going for a sexually-ambiguous Danny Zuko/Fonz mixed with some Springsteen, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2023 2:34 PM

This is the first time I think Rob looks horrible. The older son is ok looking, neither got his looks. I was always surprised that he married such a homely woman.

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2023 2:34 PM

Son looks like the recasted lad they got to play gay student lawyer Johnny Carter off of Eastenders, who sadly was not even half as sexy and watchable as the original actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2023 2:39 PM

Rob Lowe was very good in Wayne's World. And if he people have a liking for Rob Lowe, they'll be more inclined to check out his kid onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2023 2:44 PM

*And if people

by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2023 2:44 PM

"Can we get a hairline reveal?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2023 2:45 PM

Replacement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Uh oh, he’s slipping into elderly lesbian territory (Paul McCartney et al). He was very handsome for a very long time. Like Armie Hammer, he had this preppy WASP Ralph Lauren-universe handsomeness that doesn’t actually exist in his real life. Then you see them wearing some cheesy trashy thing and you realize he’s no more classy than the guys in the Corvette outside the convenience store.

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2023 2:50 PM

R10 are you fucking high? Have you ever seen Parks and Rec? Or Tommy Boy? Or the fucking West Wing?

You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2023 2:58 PM

R11, what about Pinky Tuscadero?

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2023 3:33 PM

Lol, R22 and R13, I meant a real life guido lesbian, not some put-on cosplay. Gaga and Pinky were the female counterpart to that Garth Brooks alter ego with the black wig and ersatz Prince persona.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2023 5:07 PM

Say what you will but Lowe and his wife raised their boys well and made sure they got quality educations. The oldest graduated from Duke and then law school, the younger got straight As (albeit by his own recounting) at Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2023 6:19 PM

R21 he stunk up every one of those projects, Parks and Rec specifically. He has no comedic timing and ground every scene to a halt.

I remember watching Parks and Rec for the first time sitting next to my then roommate and he blurted out, "who told Rob Lowe he was funny?!", at the exact time I was thinking it.

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2023 6:27 PM

Rob Lowe was typecast as a robotic freak in “Parks.”

It somewhat worked… because he is a robotic freak.

His childhood seems to have done a real number on him. He’s very controlling as a result, that’s never good for an actor.

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2023 7:02 PM

Well I'm very glad he got that Stanford education - god knows how he would have gone on to work with his dad on a Netflix show without it.

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2023 7:09 PM

Wonder why Rob doesn't spend some of his substantial cosmetic surgery budget on these sons - and he clearly spends a lot

Maybe he wants them to earn their surgically altered faces and bodies on their own

Or maybe he's just an aging diva who doesn't want the competition

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2023 7:28 PM

The younger son could be hot in a “young Russell Crowe” kind of way. That is, IF he were sexy at all. Which none of the Lowe men are.

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2023 11:09 PM

Lower than Lowe.

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2023 11:13 PM

I don’t mind a nepo baby if they’re interesting looking

Jamie Lee Curtis is

Dakota Johnson is

Jack Quaid is

This guy is… a nonplayable character

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2023 11:17 PM

Michael Douglas began his career BEHIND the camera.

by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2023 11:31 PM

Did the sons inherit Dad’s big dick?

by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2023 12:01 AM

Not good looking and what caused this celebrity marketing campaign? So tacky and exploitative

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2023 12:23 AM

R31, with all due respect, Jake Quaid looks like a potato with a couple of extra eyes.

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2023 12:35 AM

This is just fame whoreism

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2023 12:54 AM

Both his sons are perfectly fine looking. They just arent him (at his peak) . He hit the wall hard the last few years,high def tv is not his friend.

by Anonymousreply 37March 17, 2023 1:37 AM

I love Lowe's butch lesbian hair-do.

by Anonymousreply 38March 17, 2023 1:42 AM

R24 so well raised one of them's already been to rehab

by Anonymousreply 39March 19, 2023 2:02 AM

They're not hideous, but compared to Daddy....has to suck when your girlfriends check out your dad.

There's some other DILF-y actor with "fine" looking sons, but I'm blanking.

by Anonymousreply 40March 19, 2023 2:05 AM

His lesbo drag name is Sweet N’Lowe

by Anonymousreply 41March 19, 2023 2:14 AM

R19 Poor Ted Reilly, they gave him absolutely nothing to do as Johnny on EastEnders and he either quit or was sacked.

by Anonymousreply 42March 19, 2023 2:16 AM

The son in OP's photo looks like a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 43March 19, 2023 3:21 AM

I can’t actually disagree, R35, but Jack Quaid has a certain magnetism that makes him fun to watch onscreen, and I’ve never heard a bad word about him. I can see why he’s included in the list of nepo babies who are bearable to watch onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 44March 19, 2023 3:28 AM

Rob Lowe thinks he's a hilarious comic actor. No one else thinks that except Rob Lowe.

by Anonymousreply 45March 19, 2023 3:29 AM

[quote] There's some other DILF-y actor with "fine" looking sons, but I'm blanking.

Eddie Cibrian.

by Anonymousreply 46March 19, 2023 6:00 AM

I’m getting out of my dads shadow…by working with my Dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2023 6:53 PM

He's not aging well at all.

by Anonymousreply 48April 1, 2023 7:02 PM

R48, he kept his looks for several decades

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2023 1:43 AM

Lowe looks so feminized.

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2023 3:06 AM

I looked up Jack Quaid and found this pic (among others). He is his father's doppelganger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2023 3:23 AM

His sons look like his brother Chad and a bit like Rob Lowe's dad Chuck, who is very handsome and cute even at an older age.

I don't know where Rob got his looks from, cuz his mom wasn't that beautiful. It's just a freak of genetics.

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2023 3:30 AM

That's a VERY good picture of him, in general he's not that good looking.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2023 4:07 AM

Always thought Rob's dad was a handsome older man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2023 4:25 AM

Too many fillers and eyeliner in that first pic. I don’t get why people want to look like they have ping pong balls in their cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 55April 2, 2023 4:37 AM

Rob Lowe was always fucking weird looking, a caricatured face all girly cheekbones and angles and turkey neck and hair like dollops of ice cream.

"Pretty"? Is that the word for a lesbian who looks like a young boy? Or a priggish old man who looks like an old lesbian trying to look like a young boy? In any case, the thyroidy severe Dragon Lady Vietnamese restaurant hostess look never excited a fire in me. Really, he looked like he was assembled from leftover parts.

And he always seemed an asshole and a quite stupid one, barely concealed under a facade of some twitchy retro cool.

by Anonymousreply 56April 2, 2023 5:02 AM

Robs dad was always much more handsome than Rob.

by Anonymousreply 57April 2, 2023 5:24 AM

Dennis Quaid had leading man looks. Jack has character actor looks, not to the extend of Randy Quaid, but still...

by Anonymousreply 58April 2, 2023 2:29 PM

*extent

by Anonymousreply 59April 2, 2023 2:30 PM

Which one of his sons is the gay one?

by Anonymousreply 60April 2, 2023 4:35 PM

How many Lowe’s could a Rob Lowe rob if a Rob Lowe could Rob Lowe’s?

by Anonymousreply 61April 2, 2023 4:40 PM

R61, In some circles, he was known as Raw Blow.

by Anonymousreply 62April 2, 2023 5:34 PM

And one of the reasons Rob doesn't look more like his Dad and his brother is that he got a nosejob to thin his nose out in his teen years.

The nose doesn't get all thin and pointy all of a sudden. He looks much more like his dad and brother in the left photo here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 2, 2023 6:13 PM

I found Rob’s looks very cheesy as a teen. Never really got him.

I was more of a John Cusack and Val Kilmer fan in the 80s. Maybe Judd Nelson if we’re talking one-night stand material.

I discovered the joys of RDJ later.

by Anonymousreply 64April 3, 2023 3:05 PM

The younger one is aggressively unappealing

by Anonymousreply 65April 3, 2023 6:47 PM

The ladies of “The View” were slobbering all over Rob this morning.

The clip from his new Netflix series was awful.

His son cannot act.

by Anonymousreply 66April 3, 2023 9:02 PM

Son in OP looks like Nick Stahl.

Neither child is remarkable. I can see why he feels the need to push so hard. It won't be enough.

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2023 12:22 AM

He looks like and aging female

by Anonymousreply 68April 4, 2023 12:42 AM

Unstable was pleasant enough in my opinion. I was unsurprised to learn the kid is Rob’s, but I thought he did a fine job.

by Anonymousreply 69April 4, 2023 12:59 AM

Rob Lowe: I'll NEVER stop being a CLOSET QUEEN

by Anonymousreply 70April 4, 2023 4:08 AM

the show is very quirky, occasionally funny. It's like THE OFFICE by way of the showrunner of The Santa Clarita Diet. Same exact goofy tone but minus the zombies and murder.

Santa Clarita Diet was very popular but cancelled after three seasons because it didn't keep growing its audience. Netflix changes its mind about what they want every 12-18 months and at the time, they went through and cancelled anything that wasn't rapidly expanding its audience. It was also wildly expensive at $100 mil per season.

by Anonymousreply 71April 4, 2023 4:15 AM

The Apples fell FAR from the tree with them. I guess beauty skips a generation in their family. I can understand one but two, come on.

by Anonymousreply 72April 4, 2023 4:28 AM

[Quote] I can understand one but two, come on.

Why not three?

by Anonymousreply 73April 4, 2023 5:09 AM

Mathew also sung Rob’s praises when speaking about his little brother’s struggle with addiction, which Rob knows intimately, as he has recently celebrated over 30 years of sobriety. “The whole family rallied around [and] having someone who has such experience in the realm of sobriety to lead the charge was so invaluable,” Mathew said of his father and family stepping up for John.

So Rob’s son John had/has substance abuse issues.

by Anonymousreply 74April 4, 2023 5:27 AM

Why did he marry such an unattractive woman?

by Anonymousreply 75April 4, 2023 6:15 AM

The show is kinda crap.

by Anonymousreply 76April 4, 2023 6:39 AM

[quote] I can't even name anything he's done after the 1980s

Well silly that's because it is still 1987 on here and so Parks and Rec, West Wing, Wayne's World and Austin Powers haven't been released yet!!!

by Anonymousreply 77April 4, 2023 6:51 AM

R77 You bore me.

He was so hot when young. Jacked off many times to Anita Morris blowing him in The Hotel New Hampshire'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 4, 2023 7:17 AM

Back atcha gramps!

But tell us more about the 80s. Not enough about it on here

by Anonymousreply 79April 4, 2023 7:19 AM

Can we talk about height? The really ugly son in OPs pic is a midget. Double curse.

Rob Lowe seems like a dimwitted idiot IRL, just as he does on screen. He can’t act and he went from bland/effeminate/pretty in the 80s to hideously unattractive in the 2010s. Now he’s shilling for his two even-less-attractive talentless sons?!

It boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 80April 4, 2023 11:31 AM

How tall is Rob Lowe? I just watched Class and thought it was one of his better performances, although he always comes across as somewhat juvenile and cutesy. I think his looks worked against him, it's like he didn't know how to defend against the inappropriate interest.

by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2023 1:12 PM

He definitely seems a bit cray in his podcast. Just a bit off.

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2023 3:20 PM

Judd Nelson's flaring nostrils must have their own meme.

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2023 6:13 PM

R83, What about me?

by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2023 9:45 PM

Maybe it’s been said earlier in the thread but the son at OP looks like he could Kirk Cameron’s son more than Rob’s.

by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2023 9:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!