Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PBS Mystery! Hosted by Diana Rigg

Anyone know where I can stream these? I was too young to appreciate them when they originally aired, though I loved the Edward Gorey opening.

I'd like to catch up with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 1:38 AM

Google:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 11:41 AM

I should’ve known I was gay when I stayed up to watch her intros.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 11:43 AM

Try Amazon Prime, Britbox or Acorn

Plenty of British mysteries on all 3

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2023 12:10 PM

But I specifically want the Diana Rigg ones.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2023 1:10 PM

There are a few on Dailymotion, OP. Search your state or regional public library system for DVDs. In my state, they will ship items to my local branch from anywhere in the state for a patron's benefit.

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2023 1:28 PM

My parents LOVED this show. I was never allowed to watch it but I did appreciate the title sequence and creepy music.

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2023 2:49 PM

Excellent question, OP. I don’t know the answer but I’m going see if I can piece it together from the info above and my two subscriptions (Prime Video and Netflix). And I’d never heard of Dailymotion before so a world of possibilities may be opening up here. I like DVDs so much more than streaming. My modem is roughly 8 feet from the TV screen and the video doesn’t really synch with the audio, which makes for a greatly degraded viewing experience.

Again, good use of the old DL, OP. Our winter is STILL hanging on here and a good cozy mystery is just what I’ve been needing.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2023 2:57 PM

I’d rather see the Vincent Price ones. Here he is introducing the first episode of the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2023 3:12 PM

R6- the title sequence was illustrated by an Edward Gorey, who also did the production design and costumes for the theatrical Dracula - everything was black and white, with a drop of red.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 1:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!