Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Right-wing Judge Set to Outlaw FDA-approved Abortion Pill

Lawyers for the right-wing Alliance Defending Freedom went judge-shopping, and found their ideal in sleepy Amarillo, Texas. Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk (Trump appointee, of course) has been quite vocal in his willingness to let conservatives from out of state bring challenges into his courtroom so he can shred them. Federal judges have a limited power to freeze national laws/programs, and this judge does that gleefully with anything he doesn't like personally.

He's the judge who said SCOTUS was wrong when they found federal law protects LGBT workers from sex-based discrimination in the workplace. He ordered that protection rescinded. He's the judge who said the feds had no right under Title X to give grants for health clinics that provided contraception - a ruling he had no standing to issue from his district. He's the judge who says gays and lesbians are fornicators under the spell of Satan (because their sex is un-Biblical and cannot produce a fetus).

He quotes dissenting opinions from judges, and treats them as case law (they are not). When he writes an opinion, it's laughably illiterate of even basic legal principles. He openly thumbs his nose at SCOTUS rulings and precedent, misrepresenting their words and overturning their precedents to suit his political agenda. He is said to have a personal "obsession with gay sex that borders on paranoia," and goes into graphic detail in his writings. He actively encourages venue-shopping - That's where people in another state file their lawsuits in his courtroom because they know he will rule in their favor. This practice is deeply unethical, but his superiors have yet to punish him for it.

He's a deeper and crazier piece of shit than any of the three clowns Trump put on the Supreme Court. This kid is a bomb-thrower and a legal king-in-waiting. He invites sloppy, crippling cases into his courtroom, rules on purely political grounds, and orders his decisions imposed on the entire country just because he feels like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 17, 2023 6:28 PM

[quote]He's a deeper and crazier piece of shit than any of the three clowns Trump put on the Supreme Court. This kid is a bomb-thrower and a legal king-in-waiting. He invites sloppy, crippling cases into his courtroom, rules on purely political grounds, and orders his decisions imposed on the entire country just because he feels like it.

Watch him be appointed to the Supreme Court under the next GOP presidency.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2023 9:04 PM

We are Gilead and no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2023 9:06 PM

The time to care was in November 2016 when everything was on the line. People need to understand that no amount of protesting can substitute winning in elections.

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2023 9:10 PM

R3 We tried to tell you cunts this would happen, and to the dames and broads with working uteruses first.

Too many of you said you just didn't like Hillary Clinton's laugh, or her emails, or her moderate stances. You didn't think the Fat One would cause you any lasting harm.

Have a coat-hanger for your troubles, dumbasses!

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2023 9:13 PM

R4 no argument from me.

I vote, financially support pro-choice candidates and Planned Parenthood, and keep a stock of Plan B pills for those who could get pregnant. Controlling their own bodies is the only way women will be able to control their own lives. I can’t believe I’m even having to type this - it’s infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2023 9:16 PM

That asshole tried to keep the hearing secret but the press found out.

This guy is another Aileen Cannon but sounds worst. I do not understand how a small time judge can overturn or outlaw the abortion pill. If he outlaws that pill, why can't a pro-choice group do the same thing and file a counter argument with a liberal judge in California?

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2023 10:02 PM

R4 The left not uniting in 2016, the DNC's terrible leadership and choices, Russia's interference and the GOP open embrace for full fascism led us here.

The left not uniting is a big problem, I am and was a Bernie supporter and went and gladly voted for corporate Democrats like Hillary over Trump. Most want and prefer right wing policies over progressive ones but having no other choice was rough. There is no reason for higher education to cost what it costs, why stop free schooling at high school? When they have control they get nothing done and continually cave to right wing demands from 1 or 2 people, how convenient.

Look at the GOP they have embraced the far right of their party and now are led by them. Look nat how they speak to their followers and cause chaos, the Dems need to do the same, they need to use their budget to organized protests against this shit, wake the fuck up out of your supporters and surround this little courthouse with as many Americans as you can because this troglodytes decision will have far-reaching effects outside of this racist homophobic asshole shitty backwards town.

The GOP is judge shopping and are clearly have no ethics, morals or shame. They clearly love minority rule.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2023 10:06 PM

Planned Parenthood should have taken the lead years ago at limiting abortion on demand after 12/15 weeks as it is in Western Europe where exceptions are only made after that limit for life of the mother or if the fetus has died. By insisting on keeping abortion on demand until viability, they cut off their noses to spite their faces and gave the anti-abortion crowd all the propaganda they needed to claim viable babies were being murdered.

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2023 10:12 PM

[quote]keep a stock of Plan B pills for those who could get pregnant.

If there were no Plan B pills, would women need to stick with Plan A?

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2023 10:20 PM

R7 Bernie fed Americans such a load of shit about Europeans all go to university free of charge! I went to university in Europe and only about 35% of European students go to university, non-academic kids get weeded out of academic studies early and leave school at 15 to apprentice to trades usually run as programs by private companies in coordination with the government. There are very few fields of study in European universities, no vanity projects. You're supposed to be able to get a job after university not become a blogger.

Also a US high-school degree doesn't get you into college in Europe. In the US maybe high school should be extended a year or two for people who are academic and the others should go straight into trade schools.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2023 10:21 PM

[quote] We tried to tell you cunts this would happen, and to the dames and broads with working uteruses first. Too many of you said you just didn't like Hillary Clinton's laugh, or her emails, or her moderate stances.

Bernie supporters and those who could never vote for Hillary definitely tried to tell people that this would happen if Hillary was given the nomination. There was a lot of arrogance in the Hillary people thinking that somehow people would end up voting for her anyway. No means no.

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2023 10:28 PM

So women can thank Bernie for losing the right to an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2023 10:32 PM

[quote] There was a lot of arrogance in the Hillary people thinking that somehow people would end up voting for her anyway.

Hilary shoved anyone out of her way. I voted for her but she ran a poor campaign.

There was no way Bernie could win because the USA leans centrist and a little to the right. Biden was contemplating running that year but didn't want to upset Hilary and her people. His son-- on his deathbed --begged him to run. He may have had a vision before he died.

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2023 10:36 PM

A judge shouldn't be allowed to rule on medication, he's not a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2023 11:03 PM

I love how Hilary was a flawed, unlikable candidate who couldn't win, but Trump was even more flawed and even more unlikable and did win.

Fuck Bernie bros, never Hilaries and Susan Sarandon. Fuck them all in the ear.

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2023 11:14 PM

The mentally ill minority controls the majority. We live in opposite world.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2023 11:29 PM

Can someone who actually understands, explain to me why one single judge in one single state gets to decide for everyone in the country? And why him being a federal judge means that he decides for the entire country while another federal judge in another state can't simply reverse his decision.

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2023 11:40 PM

[quote]I love how Hilary was a flawed, unlikable candidate who couldn't win, but Trump was even more flawed and even more unlikable and did win.

Because white, conservative men are allowed to be actual criminals, sex offenders and all-around stupid, buffoonish dogshit and that makes them popular with the trash who also scream "lock her up" to tell you Hillary shouldn't be allowed to be president because they think she's a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2023 11:44 PM

Why are cult members making our choices regarding reproduction? If they want to lord over their believers, go ahead. Why do they insist on lording over the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2023 11:48 PM

R8, Planned Parenthood was too focus on being an easy access site for teens wanting to take cross sex hormones to "transition".

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2023 11:49 PM

Jesus fucking Christ, R20. Go fuck yourself with your trans obsession. You're as fucking tiresome as the idiots who scream "woke" for every fucking thing. Asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2023 11:50 PM

Hmmmm….I guess I’m the only one in the crowd that really liked Hillary.

You just know they will be gunning for us next if they haven’t begun already.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2023 11:52 PM

Truth hurts, doesn't it, R21?

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2023 12:02 AM

Correct, r22.

PreP and HIV treatments are next.

They want us dead.

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2023 12:02 AM

[quote]Truth hurts, doesn't it, [R21]?

The truth that your argument is one based in hyperbole and hysterics and a choice to ignore that the focus of the right-wing has always been on taking a woman's choice away? Yes, it's quite painful in how truly stupid your obsession is with something that has nothing to do with what the right has been trying to do for decades.

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2023 12:05 AM

R23 is a cross sex who is too focus.

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2023 12:05 AM

Can't states just ignore the order and say they plan on appealing the decision with a competent federal judge?

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2023 12:07 AM

R25, if they don't want a baby they can transition to being a guy. At least Planned Parenthood can help them with that.

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2023 12:12 AM

Now SC Rethuglicans considering death penalty for mothers who have abortions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2023 12:31 AM

They should go to the source and cut off all the straight dicks.

Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2023 12:36 AM

The Texas law now in action. Ex-husband sues wife's friends for helping her get access to abortion pills. Wife wanted the abortion so she could have total break from him.

He has pics of his wife's text messages. The questions is how did he get a hold of her phone and get her password? It almost sounds like he's a controlling domineering bastard. This could be a domestic abuse issue on his part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2023 12:43 AM

Every one of the Bernie-loving, litmus test waving idiots pretending to be "progressives" should be thanked profusely for putting us here today.

All of those idiots should be ashamed of themselves, but, of course, aren't.

Instead of the absurd step-too-far demands they shouted about, enjoy a return to back alley abortions and witch hunts for gay people.

by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2023 12:46 AM

I have less no sympathy for a woman crying and scared right now if a single one of them voted (R). And you know lots of them did.

In other words, they voted to hurt others, so karma is getting them now. Unfortunately, other women now suffer due to those selfish cunts.

by Anonymousreply 33March 16, 2023 12:46 AM

R32 Most of them are still on their parents' insurance plans, and live in blue states where they can get easy access to abortion anyway. This change won't impact their lives or their friends.

You can count on one hand the number of low-income, Deep South Black people who were Bernie-or-Bust.

by Anonymousreply 34March 16, 2023 12:47 AM

All of this crap started after SCOTUS overturned Roe. The man responsible for getting us such a radical and fringe SCOTUS is Mitch McConnell. And he just fell down in his house, got a concussion and broke a rib. Now that's karma.

Who pushed him?

by Anonymousreply 35March 16, 2023 12:55 AM

I did.

by Anonymousreply 36March 16, 2023 12:57 AM

The US is a frightening and backwards place. We’re slowly being taken over by religious extremists, but I guess this is what most people want.

by Anonymousreply 37March 16, 2023 1:03 AM

The trans-obsessed dumbass ignores that this judge has written about his stance against gay marriage and a desire for Christian-based judiciary. He's a homophobe long before your stupid ass started screaming about "trans" like you have Tourette's.

by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2023 1:07 AM

R37, take comfort that the Red Wave didn't happen because of the Blue Wall. The problem is apathy. If every person was required to vote like Australia, it wouldn't be this way.

This is only happening because a small minority knew it couldn't win through the ballot box but by cheating - gerrymandering, putting more judges on the judicial system and using religion to get its way.

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2023 1:07 AM

R13 ....... MARY!!! St. Beau of Biden had visions. When will he be canonized by the Vatican?

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2023 1:44 AM

The day women under 30 decide to show up and vote the straight Dem ticket in numbers over 50% is the day they can be equal and decide their own reproductive rights, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Most have no idea that voting actually affects their lives. I bet if Biden bans Tik Tok they'll all turn out and happily keep voting GOP, lol. Fuck 'em!

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2023 5:27 AM

The FDA is a federal agency. If the judge overrules the 20-year old authorization for the product, then the rest of the country loses authorization to sell it.

R17, any ruling will be appealed. The real question is whether this judge or the appellate judges above him (5th circuit and SCOTUS) disrupt the status quo while the process unfolds. There is a clear chance that the upstream will allow it the decision to take effect as it has little respect for abortion precedent. This is a different legal question, but the conservatives have shown us who they are.

by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2023 6:00 AM

wapo: "The federal judge who could upend access to a key abortion medication seemed open on Wednesday to the argument that the drug had not been properly vetted and could be unsafe — claims the Food and Drug Administration and leading health organizations strongly contest."

But taking the abortion pill is safer than going through with a pregnancy, so what fresh shit is this?

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2023 3:36 PM

R17 It can be appealed, but both appeal options are shit. 5th Circuit is the most conservative in the country and then you got the Supreme Court. If this moron rules to outlaw it, it's probably a done deal and will be banned in the meantime anyway. Republicans are vile.

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2023 3:51 PM

R33, I don't have sympathy for women who didn't focus on their own rights but instead worried that Lia Thomas couldn't be on a female swim team and that Caitlyn Jenner couldn't use a female bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2023 10:29 PM

If the FDA is found to have made a mistake, they can do it over and re-approve it. Too many people are expressing everything as absolute and eternal doom.

by Anonymousreply 46March 17, 2023 1:01 AM

R12 Stop shifting blame, Abortion rights were taken away by the Republicans at the Supreme Court.

Obama not installing a replacement for Scalia, Ruth Bader Ginsburg's unwillingness to retire and the GOP's nuking the filibuster for Supreme Court picks has sent this country towards one Branch of the Government that's unelected by the people dictating their self righteous religious bullshit on everyone.

Moderates and especially Republicans share a piece in our decline.

by Anonymousreply 47March 17, 2023 1:06 AM

R40 = Hunter

by Anonymousreply 48March 17, 2023 1:40 AM

This drug is even allowed in some Countries where surgical abortion is banned. It's classified as a contraceptive.

Another law that will only impact the poorest and weakest in society.

Abortion isn't even debated here in the UK, it's been legal for 55 years and prosecutions rare since 1938.

by Anonymousreply 49March 17, 2023 1:54 AM

They now arrest people for silently praying outside abortion clinics here.

R49

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 17, 2023 2:00 AM

Miss Kacsmaryk pings.

by Anonymousreply 51March 17, 2023 2:03 AM

R37 Religion and an overtly political judiciary will eventually destroy the US, it won't be China or Russia.

by Anonymousreply 52March 17, 2023 2:10 AM

Fuck you, R8. Roe v Wade was settled law. Women don't need your permission to live their lives. People like you enable the MAGAa

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2023 2:26 AM

R45 = Matt A off her meds again.

by Anonymousreply 54March 17, 2023 3:22 AM

[quote] I voted for her but she ran a poor campaign.

Her campaign was fine. Did you miss the part where she was literally stalked onstage by a demented bull?

Don't tell me her campaign was poor.

Grab em by the pussy

Women who have abortions need to be punished

I like people who weren’t captured

blood coming from her eyes, from out of her …wherever

thousands and thousands of people in NJ where many Arabs live, were cheering as that building was coming down on 9/11 live. Thousands of people were cheering

Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do I'll defend you in court

I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters

Lock her up;

Russia..if you’re listening..

Bone spurs

in the final presidential debate, Trump wouldn't promise to concede the if he lost election .

The fucking FBI released a FALSE memo saying there was an investigation into Anthony Weiner’s laptop in order to search for classified emails to or from Hillary Clinton. In fact, the FBI had already vetted emails on Weiner’s laptop and already knew there was nothing unethical, immoral or illegal on that laptop.

And you’re telling me Hillary Clinton who had a website detailing her positions, who answered questions about policy clearly and sanely, ran a poor campaign? She got pneumonia. She was overcome by heat at a 9/11 memorial. (I was overcome by heat at a Yankee game in September ….the September sun is brutally hot and broiling in NYC. I took the subway home. My 80 year old father in law and husband at the stadium. My FIL ended up in the hospital.

Her “poor campaign” was that she got pneumonia at the end and she passed out from heat exhaustion and dehydration which I’ve done myself and I’m 20 years younger than Clinton.

Wikileaks was run by Russia. The emails from DNC were hacked by Russia. So the sane candidate “ran a bad campaign” when the fucking FSB, FBI and Facebook were running a campaign against her, while media couldn’t get enough of Trump and his “brash New York persona.”

Come back when you have the intelligence agencies of at least 2 countries…including your own….plotting against you

Oh yeah…Trump was married 3x times, has 5 kids by 3 wives and twice married Eastern European honey traps, The last one was a Slovenian hooker who posed nude in explicit photos and whose father was a corrupt local communist official. .

by Anonymousreply 55March 17, 2023 4:15 AM

R55, despite all of Trump's faux pas that you're pointing out, why couldn't she win?

People saw her as unlikeable and having a lot of hubris and many stayed home. She shoved Biden out of the way -- IMO, extremely likable and VP to a very popular POTUS. In 2016, Biden would have won for sure. I wasn't a Bernie Bros but she didn't really reach out to Bernie and his supporters and unite them. It would have been a brilliant move to make Bernie VP or make a deal to put him in her cabinet but she did not and that was surprising to me. She just assumed too many things and took too many things for granted- like she would win and didn't have to work too hard because she was a Clinton. That was the same problem with her campaign against Obama.

The biggest factor is she didn't go out to the smaller rural areas or smaller towns like Obama did.. He went fucking EVERYWHERE and I think her husband did the same thing. . Both Bill and Obama questioned her lack of strategy there. Too many events in big cities where she surrounded herself with Hollywood elite.

Of course, there is also misogyny which is still rampant today. USA was not ready for a female POTUS then. There is still a high bar to jump when it comes to being the first female POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 56March 17, 2023 4:51 AM

Women are whores. I married one. My daughter is one. I pay them to open their mouths and close them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2023 4:53 AM

Let him do it. Will help remind young women in 2024 to get off their asses and vote for our 82 year old candidate.

by Anonymousreply 58March 17, 2023 4:56 AM

[quote]I vote, financially support pro-choice candidates and Planned Parenthood, and keep a stock of Plan B pills for those who could get pregnant.

You stockpile Plan B and keep it in your house just in case you run into someone who needs it?

by Anonymousreply 59March 17, 2023 4:56 AM

[quote] Let him do it. Will help remind young women in 2024 to get off their asses and vote for our 82 year old candidate.

And vote out Rethuglicans out of state government, the House, Congress, everywhere. They're too insane.

by Anonymousreply 60March 17, 2023 5:06 AM

[quote][R55], despite all of Trump's faux pas that you're pointing out, why couldn't she win?

Everything people point out about Trump in 2016 shows how bad Hillary was, for so many people to decide that Trump was the lesser of the two evils. Democrats could have nominated anyone but her and won.

by Anonymousreply 61March 17, 2023 6:39 AM

The majority of voters chose Clinton over Trump.

by Anonymousreply 62March 17, 2023 4:35 PM

Exactly. She lost because 175K votes gave the *electoral* votes to Trump. We have a fucked up, minority-rule system in his country which is only getting worse. The Senate alone is a joke. It's not enough we in blue states have to pay to keep those red state leeches afloat, but there are millions more of us and we're beholden to a bunch of regressive, ignorant troglodytes.

by Anonymousreply 63March 17, 2023 4:47 PM

[quote] She lost because 175K votes gave the *electoral* votes to Trump. We have a fucked up, minority-rule system in his country which is only getting worse.

That “fucked up” system would have provided a victory to any top tier Democrat in 2016 who wasn’t Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 64March 17, 2023 6:12 PM

R64, it is in fact a fucked up system because what are we up to now? 7 out of 9 popular votes won by the Dem? It is ridiculous that the majority doesn't matter. It's why we have a Supreme Court out of Handmaid's Tale. A senator from a shithole leech state with half the population of NYC alone, used his power to hold a seat from the sitting president who won a majority. Our system is dysfunctional. It makes no sense that we in blue states also provide 71% of the upkeep for this country, yet have a minority say.

by Anonymousreply 65March 17, 2023 6:20 PM

R35: No, it was ME!!! I've bearded for that rubber faced closeted fag for 40 years, and now I want MINE, dammit!!!

by Anonymousreply 66March 17, 2023 6:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!