Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

F1 2023 - The Speedy Adventures of Max, Charles, Lewis, George, Carlos, Fernando and Lando etc.

I checked and couldn't see another thread started on this season.

It's already one race in and Red Bull are looking like picking up where they left off last season.

Ferrari and Mercedes on the back foot with Aston Martin and a rejuvenated Fernando Alonso coming from nowhere to look like they could be second of third strongest team. McLaren have a stinker and Williams look peppier than they have for a while

For my sins I'm rooting for Les Pinky-Bleues at Alpine - the French pairing of childhood frenemies, Esteban Ocon and Pierre Gasly could be explosive to say the least.

To kick us off, check out Alpine's pre-Saudi GP 'fluff' video - Pierre and his hot trainer, Ben Thorne entering the sauna together after a heavy workout @ 1:24.... sheesh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2023 1:11 AM

How about now OP? Do you still support Alpine? Apparently the drivers should be more worried about their CEO... Or Otmar should...

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2023 11:17 AM

Yes, I still support Alpine - for most people supporting a team/driver is more a heart than a head decision. By your logic everyone should support Max/Red Bull as that's what 'logic' dictates.

Yes, Alpine's start of the season's been frustrating operationally, but at least the car clearly has some pace (e.g. Gasly running P5 on merit in Australia until the restart farce) and potential to progress. The apparent possible management ructions incoming are concerning but if you support a team you grin and bear it and hope what comes out the other side is an improvement. Would still prefer to be in Alpine's shoes than McLaren's!

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2023 12:45 PM

Who thought the Fernando/Taylor S was a thing? I really don't know where those rumors comes from, but it's getting ridiculous.

I still can't believe the jump done by Aston Martin, you just need to change one engineer and the change is huge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2023 5:00 PM

BFFs: Charles and Pierre. Nudes, please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 5:32 PM

Bump for Charles and Pierre coupledom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2023 8:40 AM

Does Lando smell cookies?

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2023 1:33 AM

Are any of the drivers gay? I started watching because my boyfriend is obsessed with F1.

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2023 6:12 PM

R7 There are low-key rumours about Lewis Hamilton. He's very pro gay rights, fashion-forward, and has had a string of high-profile celebrity girlfriends that all seem to last for - shall we say - a contractual period of time. No hard evidence, tho.

I haven't heard anything about any other current drivers. Lando (Norris) does have a certain nerdy gay air about him, but again, nothing solid in terms of evidence.

Lots of bromances, tho: Pierre Gasly-Yuk Tsunoda, Pierre Gasly-Charles Leclerc, Esteban Ocon-Mick Schumacher.

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2023 6:43 PM

Thanks, r8. Max is my favorite because he always wins, and he seems very boring. Charles is the cutest to me. I don't like Lewis Hamilton because it seems like he's always complaining.

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2023 8:47 PM

R7 Carlos Sainz Jr. gives me tons of deeply closeted vibes. But I think his father won't let him come out.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2023 8:51 PM

Would love it if Carlos was. Totally dreamy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2023 9:02 PM

David Ricciardo is back this weekend. He seems pleasant and cute.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2023 5:48 PM

R12 Danny Ric is a mensch. Here he is being adorable with Felipe Massa's son, Felipinho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2023 6:20 PM

Is it wrong to root for Max? He's obviously an asshole, but he's so good. And he always wins...

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2023 8:59 PM

I would love to have Charles and Lando at once. They’re both ridiculously gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2023 9:42 PM

Esteban Ocon's summer holiday posts are getting increasingly funny-slash-homoerotic.

Think this guy is his trainer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2023 3:41 PM

The hottest guy won the Singapore Grand Prix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2023 12:26 AM

R14, Max didn't participate in the early seasons of Drive To Survive. By the time he came around, he'd been cast as the villain: cold, unpleasant, someone who vindictively crashed into other people's cars. He's not eye candy or a natural camera personality like the rest of them. So yes, it IS wrong to root for him.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2023 12:40 AM

Don't care if he's the villain! He always wins! Except for today.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2023 12:45 AM

That race was a breath of fresh air.

No disrespect to Max's phenomenal achievements this year, but unless there's some reasonable jeopardy about the outcome of races total domination is bad in the long term for the health of the sport.

And yes, I was saying the same thing when Hamilton was dominating, when Schumacher was dominating.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2023 8:29 AM

As a Texan, I was really embarrassed by the Austin race. The gigantic American and Texas flags, the cowboy hats, the douchebags in the stands... it was all too much.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2023 11:40 PM

The antics are even worse at NASCAR races at Texas Motor Speedway. I used to watch the pre-race stuff just to laugh at the over-the-top patriotism and Jesus fest.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2023 11:48 PM

It happens every year, R21. Where the fuck have you been?

The Cowboy cheerleaders, the embarrassingly dressed UT marching band, the giant flags.

I positively loathed that sit-and-spin was there. Nobody wants you there, asshole. They booed him, too,

The 435,000 in attendance guarantees it keeps happening there every year as well.

BREAKING NEWS:

Both Hamilton and LeClerc were disqualified for some technical problems with their cars!!!

That means hottie Sainz moved up to the podium at 3rd. 🥳🥳🥳 🥳🥳

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2023 1:15 AM

1 and 2, woohooo!!!!

🏎️🏎️

Vamos, Charles and Carlos 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

by Anonymousreply 24October 28, 2023 11:29 PM

R24 great to have a HOT Front Row!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2023 12:27 PM

Perez is an aggressive, reckless over-eager idiot.

To get tossed on the first lap in his home country is pathetic.

What was the fucking hurry? He had 71 laps to go.

But, yay! LeClerc! Podium!

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2023 1:58 AM

I used to be a big Checo defender. I think he genuinely pulled out a lot of heroic drives in his Sauber and Force India days; and he's undoubtedly great on street circuits.

Unfortunately, I think he's let the Red Bull pressure get to him, and has disintegrated over the past 6 months. I think it's probably 50:50 in terms of not really getting support from the team (or significant parts of the team), and his own mental frailty. In any any event quite sad to see, as I think his career's going to end on a sour note, and I think his legacy deserves more.

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2023 10:10 AM

If it wasn’t for bad luck, LeClerc wouldn’t have any kind of luck. 🫤

At least Checo didn’t get on the podium.

by Anonymousreply 28November 7, 2023 8:59 PM

Just Pierre Gasly with a grin plastered all over his face, holding up a ...*checks notes*... tripod, in a pair of skimpy shorts.

Fucking tease.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2023 9:04 PM

Pierre is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2023 1:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!