Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Barrow men falsely accused of raping Eleanor Williams tell court they tried to kill themselves

Three men who were falsely accused of rape by the same woman said they tried to kill themselves as a result of her lies and one was twice sectioned in a psychiatric unit, a court has heard.

Eleanor Williams, 22, from Barrow-in-Furness, was convicted in January of nine counts of perverting the course of justice.

Her Facebook claims of being raped and trafficked by an Asian grooming gang sparked a worldwide solidarity movement with its own line of merchandise, Justice for Ellie. It also ignited community tensions in her Cumbrian town, Preston crown court was told on Monday.

Police recorded 151 crimes by other people linked to the case, including 83 hate crimes, Williams’ sentencing hearing heard.

Though Williams singled out Asian men in an incendiary Facebook post on 20 May 2020, she also wrongly accused three white men of rape, the court heard.

One of them, a trainee electrician called Oliver Gardner, met Williams just once, in what the prosecutor Jonathan Sandiford KC described as “a chance encounter” in Preston on 18 July 2019.

The jury was played CCTV footage showing a clearly drunk Gardner asking Williams for a light. The pair then briefly disappeared down a side street, with Williams seen emerging within a minute. He told the jury that the pair had had a brief sexual encounter and nothing more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2023 10:11 PM

Now do all the rapists who never do a second of jail time!

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2023 10:00 PM

No, r1, you do them.

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2023 10:02 PM

[quote] Barrow men

These are the men who wheel barrows around the city streets selling fish, meat and vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2023 10:09 PM

[quote] Asian men

Pakistanis?

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2023 10:19 PM

r4 Yes.

[quote]"Mohammed Ramzan, a Barrow businessman accused of being the kingpin of an international trafficking ring, opted to read out his witness statement.

[quote]Frequently becoming tearful, the 43-year-old described trying to kill himself as a result of the “mental torture” he had experienced. He said his windows had been smashed, his tyres slashed, and he felt his reputation had been “destroyed”.

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2023 10:23 PM

I was first aware of false rape accusations when I was in college. A girl accused an innocent guy because she had regret, not because of anything the guy had done. She was afraid her daddy would find out that she was a slut. Fortunately back then, an innocent guy had a chance of escaping the effects of a woman’s lies. Of course, the public has become very aware of the hoaxes that some women pull to get back at a guy over a bad breakup, or to hide that the women have loose morals. If I were on a jury, I definitely would demand that there be evidence showing guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. You can’t just trust that an accuser is telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2023 10:30 PM

R1 Fuck ALL THE WAY off. Because one thing exists doesn't mean the other thing is any less horrific. Scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2023 10:34 PM

And I just know that this sort of thing happens way more often than suspected. Lots of innocent people in prison. Likewise, there are lots of innocent people who are hated, targeted, and harmed by lies other people tell. God.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2023 10:44 PM

This is appalling but is still very rare. The woman deserves a significant prison sentence.

Being a juror on a rape trial must be awful if it's a he said/she said case of events. I think a lot of jurors would be reluctant to send someone to prison based on 2 conflicting versions of events, more so thanks to cases like this.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2023 10:51 PM

The minimum sentence for such false accusations should be the minimum sentence for the crime for which the other person was accused.

If you accuse someone falsely of rape, the minimum sentence should be the one that person faced for rape. If you falsely accuse someone of theft - same thing.

Of course, when you accuse someone falsely, you've also committed many other crimes, so there ought to be punishment for those, as well.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2023 10:55 PM

I agree R9, one of the worst things she did through her lies was to sow doubt in minds of some people who may now be less inclined to believe genuine victims. This person is part of the reason many victims never report or seek justice for genuine attacks.

I hope the victims (those falsely accused) get justice and compensation, though this won't be nearly enough to do the effects of being through this.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2023 12:00 AM

[quote] to sow doubt in minds of some people

I think it reasonable to have doubts.

Even the Woke BBC realised it could no longer turn a blind eye to organised, orchestrated rape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2023 12:04 AM

Much raping in Britain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2023 7:50 AM

Do all of you men being so outraged at this feel the same outrage when rapists (most of them) aren’t held accountable?

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2023 7:54 AM

She's obviously majorly fucked up and needs to be locked away.

I never got why women who regret fucking someone would say it was rape to "save" their reputation considering they get absolutely raked over the coals about everything from choice of underwear to how many male friends they have. But obviously, some women are just not well.

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2023 8:03 AM

[quote]Do all of you men being so outraged at this feel the same outrage when rapists (most of them) aren’t held accountable?

Yes - some of the acquittals of men on rape charges are scandalous when you read about the evidence put forward to the jury.

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2023 8:37 AM

Whataboutism indicates low IQ. Sad, but annoying for us normal folks.

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2023 9:05 AM

R16 I agree.

R15 that's a great point, I guess we should all be more outraged when you hear the pitiful conviction rate, it isn't given the attention it deserves even after all these years of campaigning and awareness raising. I guess it's easier to be outraged over this as it's both unexpected and also proven that she lied, if that makes sense, but R16 is right, juries have failed to convict despite plenty of evidence and that's shocking.

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2023 9:43 AM

r14 of course they don't

by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2023 9:52 AM

Borderline women need to be locked up and kept away from society.

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2023 10:04 AM

Big Brother in the UK dealt with this. An actress was laughing and a dude accidental bumped into her on the show. She laughed. Then she went around to the other housemates hysterically crying saying he assaulted her. The British public was horrified and all these men came out and exposed her as doing it to them as well. Even worse, she believed her lie.

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2023 10:06 AM

This was the evil cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2023 10:08 AM

Women with BPD are off the charts. Men physically attack, women verbally attack. My own mother even knew women who told her as a teen that they would just lie and say that the guy tried to sexually assault them to her what they wanted and would laugh about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2023 10:09 AM

Borderline bitch confronted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2023 10:10 AM

[quote]Men physically attack, women verbally attack.

Men threaten, menace, stalk, and kill. But the "BPD bitches" are the REAL problem!!

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2023 10:20 AM

The one issue doesn't negate the other. No one is saying that actual victims of crime aren't actual victims. This thread is about a woman who victimized innocent men by lying to law enforcement AND the legal system by stating she had been victimized by these men as a means to her own selfish end. This happens, and plenty of women get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2023 10:52 AM

Did law enforcement investigate this at all? What was their input in all of this? Was a rape kit done?

Sorry, I didn't follow this trial.

by Anonymousreply 27March 14, 2023 11:27 AM

Boy, if this didn't strike a nerve with the gender clits...

by Anonymousreply 28March 14, 2023 3:12 PM

[quote]gender clits.

?

by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2023 3:22 PM

r29 It's a witty play on "gender crits", the feminist faction that took over this board a few years ago. Gender clits/crits are fueled by hatred of everyone who has XY chromosomes and think bio women are weeping Madonnae put on this earth to wash the sins of MRAs/TRAs with their saintly tears.

by Anonymousreply 30March 14, 2023 3:28 PM

[quote]Much raping in Britain

That's because they don't have Olivia Benson. Come to think of it, Olivia hasn't done a very good job, since, during the course of SVU, every woman in New York has been raped, and even some men.

by Anonymousreply 31March 14, 2023 3:29 PM

[quote]It's a witty ...

Not really

by Anonymousreply 32March 14, 2023 3:31 PM

[quote][R29] It's a witty play on "gender crits", the feminist faction that took over this board a few years ago. Gender clits/crits are fueled by hatred of everyone who has XY chromosomes and think bio women are weeping Madonnae put on this earth to wash the sins of MRAs/TRAs with their saintly tears.

It's witty in the same way that cheese is a fruit.

by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2023 3:54 PM

She's been sentenced to 8.5 years in prison.

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2023 5:55 PM

[quote] in the same way that cheese is a fruit.

That's witty.

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2023 10:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!