Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

President Biden Approves Massive $8 Billion Alaska Oil Drilling Project

[QUOTE]The decision noted that the approved option would produce the fewest greenhouse gas emissions compared to all alternatives and the DOI said, by denying two of the drilling sites, it was "substantially reducing the size of the project."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2023 10:36 PM

Big win for Murkowski

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2023 7:23 PM

Wow - he did it.

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2023 7:47 PM

Wonder how FOX will spin this....oh wait, they just won't cover.

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2023 7:48 PM

$elllout

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2023 8:09 PM

DON'T LINK TO GODDAMN FauxNews!!

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote]President Biden signed off on the Willow Project, a 30-year oil drilling project

This will be unprofitable a decade from now, no way it'll last thirty years. People underestimate just how fast we'll transition to renewables.

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2023 8:22 PM

Who cares, R6? It will get him votes in two years, that’s all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2023 9:25 PM

Anyone who cares about the environment cares.

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2023 9:31 PM

The environment is doing fine, R8. You need to start caring more about the American economy.

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2023 11:15 PM

The environment is NOT fine, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2023 11:28 PM

Then why would the Biden administration approve these drilling permits, R10?

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2023 1:04 AM

How dare he??????

by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2023 2:19 PM

R12 This was a very smart move on Biden's part. He just removed a GOP talking point in the next election cycle.

The oil is going to come from somewhere. Peeps in the know would rather purchase from the US instead of Russia or SA.

by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2023 2:29 PM

In my next life, I plan to be born with the gift of doublespeak that has somehow been conferred on governmental agencies.

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2023 2:37 PM

[quote] It will get him votes in two years, that’s all that matters.

Why would anyone with a modicum of common sense vote for an addled 82 year old.

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2023 2:51 PM

[quote]The environment is NOT fine, idiot.

[quote]Then why would the Biden administration approve these drilling permits r10?

Capitalism, r11.

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2023 4:06 PM

r15 in the *Sanders signs Arkansas trans care malpractice bill into law* thread

[quote][quote] said about transgender and transvestite people in the 1970s,

[quote]R171 There were no "transgender" people in the 1970s. And transvestites had the common sense to realize that they were men.

And don't get her started on those illegal immigrants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2023 4:22 PM

melt the ice caps

ocean front properties for everyone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2023 5:52 PM

r17 Christine Jorgenson speaking at UCLA 4/26/1972

views Mar 18, 2014 From the archives of the UCLA Communications Studies Department. Digitized 2013.

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2023 6:07 PM

I have no problem with this. And you can mislabel me in any way that want, I don't care.

We are doing way more than our share to curb the problem of global warming. Why should we take on the burden of solving MOST of the problem when we are NOT the cause of MOST of the issue?

What's Russia doing? What's China doing? What's England doing?

Germany and the U.S. are the only powers taking this shit seriously and if time is up to solve the problem, then time is up and it's just a matter of time before it becomes a free for all. We should not be caught flat footed when that happens. Nor should we be the only country on earth left with proven oil reserves when the time comes that everyone else is out. Because THAT will trigger a global realignment with the rest of the world arrayed against us.

We should peg our response to China's and let that be our final offer.

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2023 6:17 PM

[quote]The environment is NOT fine, idiot.

George Carlin had the right bit on this decades ago. The environment *is* fine. There is nothing that we can do as humans to hurt the fucking environment. We are hurting ourselves, but the environment (Mother Nature) will flick us aside like a speck of dust and carry on without missing a stride. It's very arrogant of us to believe that mankind can destroy this planet. We have been here for 0.00003% of the history of the earth. We couldn't destroy this planet or the environment if we tried.

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2023 6:23 PM

I don’t know about all that, R21. I’m no green new dealer but even I recognize that we do must affect the climate. I just think we’re already doing plenty to help mitigate the damage.

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2023 7:48 PM

[quote]The environment *is* fine.

We're making it *not* fine for us to survive on. That's the *whole* point.

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2023 7:53 PM

What George Carlin said is we can't hurt the rock but we can and are destroying the life on it. We are experiencing the 6th mass extinction. Including us. We are not doing anything to mitigate any of this. The green new deal is a scam.

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2023 6:00 PM

[quote]Who cares, [R6]? It will get him votes in two years, that’s all that matters.

And now Murkowski owes him a favor or two. A couple strategic votes from her could come in handy.

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2023 6:06 PM

The humans that are the most responsible are going to suffer the least. And the rest of the sentient life on the planet didn't have any control over this at all.

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2023 6:36 PM

That was meant for R21. ^

by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2023 6:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2023 3:38 PM

^Yeah, fuck the polar bears.

God I hate politicians.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2023 10:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!