Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s inside the 6-figure Oscars gift bags?

Awards season is ending with the 95th Academy Awards, aka the Oscars, airing on Sunday, March 12. If you like to watch for glamorous celebrity outfits, awkward moments and over-the-top speeches, you may want to know all the juicy details about the six-figure swag bag select nominees receive.

It’s called the “Everyone Wins” gift bag, and L.A.-based entertainment marketing company Distinctive Assets gifts ir to acting and directing nominees. That means people like Austin Butler, Ana de Armas, Angela Bassett, Cate Blanchett, Colin Farrell and Steven Spielberg will receive one of these babies, even if they don’t go home with a golden statue at the end of the night.

Of course, this gift bag is bougie — it’s worth a whopping six figures. Some of the highest ticket (and most amazing) items include:

Three nights for the nominee and up to seven friends in the newly renovated Faro Punta Imperatore Lighthouse in Ischia, Italy

Three nights at The Lifestyle, an ultra-modern, ultra-private 10-acre estate in rural Ottawa, Canada

A curated gift set of gourmet, hand-harvested dates from Bateel’s organic farm in the Al Ghat region of Saudi Arabia

A plot of land in Australia to contribute to conservation and reforestation efforts around the country via Pieces of Australia

Luxury skin care brand Miage’s full line of products

A sample of Vegan Retinol from luxury Canadian skin care brand ēcōMD

Havaianas iconic flip-flops and new colorful luggage

Additionally, the gift bag includes products by brands that embrace diversity, inclusion and philanthropy in the beauty, food and entertainment categories. (You can read the full list here.)

“We are excited and proud to once again be creating what is known worldwide as the ultimate swag bag,” Lash Fary, founder of Distinctive Assets, said in a press release. “While our gifts may be famous for being fun, fabulous, useful and unique, they also serve a grander purpose. Most of the brands we include are from a diverse and inclusive array of small businesses who meaningfully benefit from the global exposure that being associated with Hollywood’s Biggest Night affords them. This is celebrity marketing with a mission.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2023 4:23 PM

Better than the Price is Right!

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2023 1:40 AM

They also get a1099–those “gifts” are taxable as ordinary income

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2023 1:49 AM

This is why I couldn’t get exercised about Reba’s makeup budget.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2023 1:49 AM

I have seen them in the past. Usually iPhones, Ipads. Expensive perfume or cologne. Always some overpriced chocolates. Gift cards, trips, cruises. Go pros are pretty common. Take that six-figure number with a grain of salt. A lot of it is MSRP shit no one would really pay for. Most of the time Stars bring their relatives to go shopping in the gift suites.

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2023 1:55 AM

Do they have something against household appliances?

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2023 1:59 AM

Meh. I'll take the Oscar instead.

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2023 2:02 AM

I would love the trip to Ottawa and Italy.

The plot of land sounds nice, but it's not really yours.

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2023 2:05 AM

[quote]What’s inside the 6-figure Oscars gift bags?

Pinkett-Smith repellent

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2023 2:07 AM

I thought they weren't doing this shit anymore because of the optics

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2023 2:12 AM

It’s “unofficial, “ correct? As not directly authorized by the Academy? Or something else

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2023 2:16 AM

There should be an Oscar statuette in Andrea Riseborough's swag bag.

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2023 3:58 AM

Giant dildo in Austin Butler’s gift bag

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2023 4:34 AM

The rich getting richer. Do these ultra wealthy people need any more expensive free gifts?

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2023 4:45 AM

I really have to get nominated for something, I need a vacation!

by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2023 4:54 AM

A sample of vegan retinol? Fuck that, I want fresh fetus stem cells.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2023 5:25 AM

Glenn Close got a rock in hers.

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2023 5:27 AM

I just assumed it was cocaine and Dom Perignon.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2023 5:35 AM

A case of diamond encrusted poppers.

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2023 5:39 AM

Companies used to pay big $$ to get into these bags so its nice they are throwing in some products from small businesses and giving them exposure.

A lot of the value in these comes from items like the vacations, plastic surgery, etc. Stuff nobody uses and can't give away to someone else or regift

I'd bet you probably get to pick what you accept so you dont have to pay taxes on a vacation you don't want that nobody actually takes them up on.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2023 5:39 AM

The thought of someone like Cate Blanchett getting 100k worth of free shit is so gross. I hate nose-pressed-against-the-glass articles like this. Money as a spectator sport.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2023 1:33 PM

[quote] The thought of someone like Cate Blanchett getting 100k worth of free shit is so gros

Such an unusual post. All the rest are multi millionaires if not richer but as wealthy as Cate. Odd that you singled her out

by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2023 4:47 PM

Some auction them off for charity.

by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2023 5:52 PM

This reminds me of the Soprano episode where Christoper Moltisanti, reading about similar gift bags, lays in wait at night for Lauren Bacall as she is walking out from the event with her gift bag. He grabs it. When she fights back, he slugs her, takes it and runs off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 3, 2023 6:21 PM
by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2023 5:42 AM

You know Lisa Marie wanted to be Austin's date, so she could get one of those.

by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2023 5:46 AM

This is why I was so happy when COVID changed my perception of celebrity. None of these people deserve this shit.

by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2023 5:46 AM

[quote]COVID changed my perception of celebrity.

True that. Seeing th actresses au natural on zoom made you realize how average a lot of these women are without makeup, cosmetic procedures and lighting.

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2023 5:50 AM

The 7-figure gift bag for the winners is the only one that counts.

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2023 5:56 AM

My life and looks would change with a free lifetime supply of luxury face cream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2023 9:31 AM

[quote] The 7-figure gift bag for the winners is the only one that counts. -M

Especially the face cream.

With your under eye bags and your sagging skin, you'll need seven figures worth of face cream to fix your face.

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2023 11:01 AM

This article references a a hair restoration procedure. Was this aimed at Brendan Fraser?

[quote] A private hair restoration consultation with leading hair transplant surgeon Dr. Alan J. Bauman valued at $7,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2023 2:31 PM

[quote]Three nights at The Lifestyle, an ultra-modern, ultra-private 10-acre estate in rural Ottawa, Canada.

that sounds horrid

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2023 2:36 PM

Call it sour grapes, but I’d be scared to go to some remote ”resort” in Canada called “The Lifestyle”… it sounds like a cult brainwashing center.

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2023 3:27 PM

“Lash Fary”?

Hahaha. That’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2023 3:30 PM

R33 I also thought it sound like cult like when I read "The Lifestyle".

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2023 3:31 PM

OP- The person in that photo looks like he sucks COCK.

by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2023 3:53 PM

An Hermes butt-plug in the form of Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2023 4:18 PM

So a couple of trips and some junk.

by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2023 4:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!