Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fatties, REJOICE! KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich is back after a 10-year hiatus

I’ve never had it, but some people loved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2023 2:39 AM

It's FAT WHORES, REJOICE!!

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2023 2:39 PM

Only 1600 calories!

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2023 2:40 PM

You bring back that nasty bullshit and still there’s no potato wedges?

by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2023 2:44 PM

[quote] and still there’s no potato wedges?

R3 Got a passport?

[quote] Potato wedges are a McDonald's menu item available in Greece, Spain, Lebanon, Russia, And Malta. It was available in Egypt, the UK, France, Hong Kong, and Australia for a limited time only, however this item can also be found in some Latin American menus permanently which are sold as "McPatatas". In Spain they are called "Patatas Deluxe".

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2023 2:49 PM

I’m an American. What the fuck would I need a passport for? KFC needs to be making potato wedges right here at home, not no damn Greece and Lebanon.

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2023 2:52 PM

[quote] KFC needs to be making potato wedges right here at home, not no damn Greece and Lebanon.

R5 You may wish to express that exact sentiment in a communication to Chris Kempczinski. Would be interested in his response.

by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2023 2:56 PM

I wish they'd bring back their grilled chicken options. Used to be an 'off the menu' item, but all the KFCs around me don't even have it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2023 3:13 PM

Never had it, but it looks good!

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2023 3:23 PM

[QUOTE] You may wish to express that exact sentiment in a communication to Chris Kempczinski. Would be interested in his response.

Hopefully he’s a Datalounger and will see this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2023 3:23 PM

I hope Hungry Fat makes a video of it.

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2023 3:40 PM

I remember when it was released over a decade ago and people were saying it’s good although the chicken was kinda dry. At least some people. And then it went away despite being popular.

by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2023 3:41 PM

And then they died, OP?

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2023 3:43 PM

I love a good fried chicken sandwich -- as well as cheese, and bacon -- as much as the next fat whore...but not in combination. I don't understand cheese on a fried chicken sandwich, period. A *grilled* chicken breast sandwich with melted swiss & bacon?? Absolutely! But cheese on fried chicken sounds gross to me (doesn't it make the breading soggy?). And I'd just rather eat the bacon straight.

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2023 4:50 PM

R13, you’re weird.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2023 9:19 PM

R6, I’d tell him to go die in a Greece Fire.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2023 9:20 PM

I love him. He’s from NYC, but has since moved to Pennsylvania. Still works in NYC. He’s Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2023 9:24 PM

If this the same guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2023 9:27 PM

It was delicious. I am currently stationed overseas but I hope its still on the menu when I return to the US.

by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2023 9:27 PM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2023 9:28 PM

No, R17. That’s Joey, hardcore rightwing, for sure. I shouldn’t say Food Dip is Republican. He’s really funny though.

by Anonymousreply 20March 2, 2023 9:29 PM

Joey lives in San Francisco. Lived there his whole life.

by Anonymousreply 21March 2, 2023 9:31 PM

Let's go even further back in the KFC Way Back Machine (circa early 1990s) and bring back golden rotisserie chickens. Mmmmm. mmmmm, good eatin.

by Anonymousreply 22March 2, 2023 9:34 PM

That’s about as appetizing as the hamburger with Krispy Kreme doughnuts as bun, or deep fried butter.

by Anonymousreply 23March 2, 2023 9:47 PM

R3, I thought President Biden promised us in his Inaugural Address he'd bring back potato wedges.

He'd better be working with them behind the scenes, I'll tell ya what.

by Anonymousreply 24March 2, 2023 11:37 PM

A kid hears what he thought were a hundred huge buffalo running by to KFC. His papa says: No son, It's Christina Metz.

by Anonymousreply 25March 2, 2023 11:43 PM

[QUOTE] I thought President Biden promised us in his Inaugural Address he'd bring back potato wedges. He'd better be working with them behind the scenes, I'll tell ya what.

Biden won’t win re-election if he doesn’t bring the wedges back.

by Anonymousreply 26March 2, 2023 11:44 PM

Does that thing come with a defibrillator?

by Anonymousreply 27March 2, 2023 11:51 PM

Keep losing weight so I can get more cock or double down on the Double Down?

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2023 11:55 PM

I like my chicken sandwich with bread

I'd r ather have the chicken between lettuce leaves than this abomination

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2023 11:55 PM

[quote]Keep losing weight so I can get more cock or double down on the Double Down?

I don't envy you your Sophie's Choice, I'll tell you that much.

by Anonymousreply 30March 3, 2023 1:14 AM

If they would bring back the buttery bread then they would have a real sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 31March 3, 2023 1:42 AM

KFC needs to go back to the 80s and bring back KFC nuggets. Not this gristly popcorn chicken shit.

by Anonymousreply 32March 3, 2023 1:46 AM

I'm gonna try to work that in to my "light snack" rotation.

by Anonymousreply 33March 3, 2023 3:01 AM

Where’s the wedges, Biden?

by Anonymousreply 34March 3, 2023 1:58 PM

This sandwich looks delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 6, 2023 8:56 PM

Do people really eat that?

People, please be kind to your body - you need it your entire life and you want to go into your latter life in the best possible position.

by Anonymousreply 36March 6, 2023 9:03 PM

Their Twitter comments in a few months:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 6, 2023 9:03 PM

R36 Flyoverstan and Southern people eat this.

by Anonymousreply 38March 6, 2023 9:03 PM

Mukbang means, "I'm going to have to take a wicked shit", right?

by Anonymousreply 39March 6, 2023 9:05 PM

[quote] I don't understand cheese on a fried chicken sandwich, period. A *grilled* chicken breast sandwich with melted swiss & bacon?? Absolutely! But cheese on fried chicken sounds gross to me (doesn't it make the breading soggy?). And I'd just rather eat the bacon straight.

It wasn't meant to be "understood." This is fast food, not science or philosophy. Stop thinking about it and just eat the damn sandwich, you fat whore!

by Anonymousreply 40March 6, 2023 9:43 PM

Now I am craving some KFC Cole Slaw. That is the best fucking cole slaw. I'm not sure what they do to it, but I could eat a bucket of it.

by Anonymousreply 41March 6, 2023 9:47 PM

[quote][R36] Flyoverstan and Southern people eat this.

Not necessarily. The mukbanger I posted is a born and bred New Yorker. He recently moved out of NYC last year, still works in the City.

Also, isn’t the largest Chick-Fil-A in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 42March 7, 2023 2:21 AM

circa 1967

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2023 2:07 AM

I want the one that was served between two donuts or something that sounds good maybe I'll make my own this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2023 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!