Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis - Part 140 Marching On

Where we discuss Shapo’s blond leg hair, player moles, Rune’s bratty behavior, Daddy Fritz’s hormones and, oh yeah,

tennis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388March 8, 2023 9:57 PM

How long before this thread gets grayed out because you're so fucking boring with your one liners about how hot you find some player (hint: people don't really want to hear that, you should go out and get laid).

by Anonymousreply 1February 24, 2023 12:39 AM

Jaaaaa a new thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 24, 2023 6:22 AM

omg Sloane! finally getting wins this season. I was shocked she actually won a third set tiebreaker tonight in Merida

Krejcikova seems to be coming back into form with a 3 set win over Sabalenka

by Anonymousreply 3February 24, 2023 6:44 AM

Hottest player on tour

1. Jack Draper 2. Borna Gojo 3. Tommy Paul 4. Borna Coric (only with short hair) 5. Marton Fucsovics 6. Laslo Djere

Thanks for reading

by Anonymousreply 4February 24, 2023 7:36 AM

sheesh, take a Midol, R1

thanks OP for the new thread

by Anonymousreply 5February 24, 2023 10:53 AM

So Swiatek plays good only when the court suits her? Why she lost so early on AO? It stinks. She screams doping

by Anonymousreply 6February 24, 2023 12:41 PM

Agree with r4 — but I’m adding Cressy to that list.

by Anonymousreply 7February 24, 2023 1:02 PM

Fokina shows his pussy (dollface thread)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 24, 2023 2:11 PM

ADF is just ADORABLE.

From the kamikaze on-court diving, to the sportsmanship to animal charity stuff. He's totally usurped Hubie at the top of the Nicest Guy In Tennis rankings.

by Anonymousreply 9February 24, 2023 2:15 PM

Fucking Hell, Misery just bageled on-form Lehecka. I did not see that coming.

The ATP OAPs (Gasquet, Murray and Wawrinka) really are having a renaissance this season.

by Anonymousreply 10February 24, 2023 2:17 PM

[quote]The ATP OAPs

Old Ass Players?

Judy M. is also in Qatar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 24, 2023 2:23 PM

R11 OAPs is a Britishism - stands for 'Old Age Pensioners' - equivalent to US 'Seniors'.

"Old Ass Players' works perfectly, tho!

by Anonymousreply 12February 24, 2023 2:26 PM

Someone feels vindicated today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 24, 2023 4:14 PM

R6 Swiatek plays well on clay and slow hard courts, which most courts are now. Still think she will struggle at Wimbledon. Grass doesn't suit her well.

by Anonymousreply 14February 24, 2023 5:36 PM

R14 I know that. Last season she dumped 1000WTA in Mexico because the conditions are bad for her. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 15February 24, 2023 5:48 PM

But I'm stil thinking that she is taking that ADHD medicine , she has fake papers for it.

by Anonymousreply 16February 24, 2023 5:50 PM

Swiatek is right now the best player by far, but she had a lot of things to improve because she is pretty bad when the score doesn't go her way

by Anonymousreply 17February 24, 2023 5:53 PM

R17 I prefer Krejcikova, when she is on, she is better than Swiatek

by Anonymousreply 18February 24, 2023 5:57 PM

R18 No, she is not.

Everybody is very good when they're on, the question iss how are they when they are not on.

And that's the reason Alcaraz is going to be great, he is able to win even when he is not playing well.

Krejcikova is an amazing hardhitting, but there are a lot of them on the wta, and most of them are terrible when they have a bad day.

Swiatek is a very solid player and the best claycourter since Justine Henin

by Anonymousreply 19February 24, 2023 6:18 PM

Team Stanimal or Team Fil...et Mignon?

by Anonymousreply 20February 24, 2023 6:21 PM

Big Jack D does not qualify as a DL boyfriend because I'm claiming him for myself. Back off bitches! MINE!

by Anonymousreply 21February 24, 2023 6:24 PM

R21 Oh no no no NO!

I discovered the lad and brought him here. You can look but no touchy-touchy. He's fucking MINE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 24, 2023 6:32 PM

R20, Stan team/Wawrinka team.

by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2023 6:41 PM

'Arthur Ass' takes the first set 6-2. Judging by most of this week's ding-dong matches the score will probably reverse in the second!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2023 7:11 PM

can we see that dee-lish pic of Jack D shirtless again?

by Anonymousreply 25February 24, 2023 9:26 PM

R19 Everybody is very good when they're on, lol no. anyway Barbora when she is on, she is more versatile than swiatek. That's what I meant. Krejcikova is not only an "amazing hardhitting."

by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2023 9:28 PM

Krejcikova has great hands which was helped from her previous doubles success. What she really lacks is athleticism. When she gets her racquet on a ball she can usually find a way to get it back but she can't run that well. Swiatek is a much better mover

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2023 10:29 PM

I got my PNB Open tickets!! Jealous bitches?

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2023 10:31 PM

^ Peoria National Bank?

by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2023 10:33 PM

BNP*

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2023 10:34 PM

R28 I hope you are going in the first few days when you can see great matches on outer courts. Please take pics and share any closeups

by Anonymousreply 31February 24, 2023 10:39 PM

R31 Will be there Thurs thru Sat of the first week. Will be catching any and all DL boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 32February 24, 2023 10:45 PM

JFC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 24, 2023 10:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 24, 2023 10:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 24, 2023 10:55 PM

Any DL'ers heading to Indian Wells in the next couple weeks? I'll be there Wed-Sat giving DL reports from the grounds.

by Anonymousreply 36February 24, 2023 10:57 PM

I went one year as a guest of BNP. They had a suite that was across the entire baseline and had a sushi chef and a spread that was out of this world. Plus, you sat on the baseline, which I love.

by Anonymousreply 37February 24, 2023 11:00 PM

I'm R32 - Thurs-Sat. Will be dishing on DL as well

by Anonymousreply 38February 24, 2023 11:01 PM

If you happen to see our Tommy's girlfriend, tell her she ain't nothing but a hoochie mama!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 24, 2023 11:04 PM

^ damm our Tommy is furry

by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2023 11:05 PM

She looks like a slut

by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2023 11:06 PM

another hawt tennis player bimbo girlfriend

*weeps into martini*

by Anonymousreply 42February 24, 2023 11:07 PM

He can do better. She’s half a degree north of an Only Fans girl.

by Anonymousreply 43February 24, 2023 11:08 PM

Hot boi Athur Fils beats aging and seemingly disinterested Stan the Man to make it to the SFs. Plays French compatriot Bonzi next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 25, 2023 12:18 AM

Tommy Paul is overrated Cute but not stunning and he's lean but not ripped. Unimpressive body. He has bad taste too

by Anonymousreply 45February 25, 2023 1:01 AM

Shapo sweating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 25, 2023 1:26 AM

GOOD LORD - POOR SLOANE STEPHENS. GIORGI DOUBLE BAGELED HER. LOL. Sloth looked bored, and either hit long or short.

by Anonymousreply 47February 25, 2023 2:10 AM

Which white male players have yellow skin?

by Anonymousreply 48February 25, 2023 4:18 AM

so happy Murray is into a final again. I used to really cheer against him but he's won me over since his double hip replacement surgeries. Off court I like him the most of the "big 4"

probably doesn't have much of a chance against Medvedev but this is a great result regardless

Sloane...that was pathetic. Yes Giorgi played well but Sloane should have at least won a few games. She had some game points here and there. She looked tired after her marathon win the day before

by Anonymousreply 49February 25, 2023 7:07 AM

R45 thinks they're a 10 but probably a 5. Ish Probably a 3

by Anonymousreply 50February 25, 2023 9:04 AM

If Fils wins his semis he will be the youngest to reach the top 100 since Carlos Alcaraz (he'll be younger than Rune when he reached the top 100).

In the top 200 only Jerry Shang is younger than Fils

by Anonymousreply 51February 25, 2023 11:05 AM

Fils has got every arrow in his quiver. And what a quiver.

by Anonymousreply 52February 25, 2023 12:09 PM

Fils's thicc legs and ass make me quiver

by Anonymousreply 53February 25, 2023 12:37 PM

[quote]If Fils wins his semis he will be the youngest to reach the top 100 since Carlos Alcaraz (he'll be younger than Rune when he reached the top 100).

I just read an interview of Arthur Fils in the French newspaper L'Equipe and he was asked if his goal for 2023 was to qualify for the Next Gen ATP Finals and Fils answers that it would be a bummer as his aim is to play the real thing, the ATP Finals. The interviewer clarifies that he only meant this for the current year, and Fils says that in 2023 his goals are to win tournaments, make at least a semi-final in a grand slam tournament and qualify for the ATP Finals.

It's like the next gen players (Alcaraz, Rune, Fils among others) have taken notice that the attitude of the lost gen of only hoping for the best and their lack of ambition certainly hasn't paid off.

by Anonymousreply 54February 25, 2023 2:57 PM

Misery team or Daniil team?

I’m Misery team though I am almost certain he’ll lose. Good for him for making the final. I’ve always been a fan.

by Anonymousreply 55February 25, 2023 3:25 PM

Misery fighting back in the second. Back on serve. What a mensch!

by Anonymousreply 56February 25, 2023 3:42 PM

Medvedev doesn't look good with that skimpy beard.

by Anonymousreply 57February 25, 2023 3:55 PM

Banzai Bonzi says "Pas si vite, Arthur!" and takes down Fils in straights to get to his second ATP Final of the year!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 25, 2023 3:55 PM

ova, Krejcik defeats Svee-i-tek in straight sets.

by Anonymousreply 59February 25, 2023 4:00 PM

Daniil defeats Misery, but great match.

by Anonymousreply 60February 25, 2023 4:02 PM

Fils is "hot" and rocketing up the rankings, but he did just lose to Bonzi (who isn't bad at all, but isn't some top player) and he's played these two ATP tournaments where he made the semifinals because they're in France and he got a wildcard. I think he has tremendous upside (and backside, zing!) and he'll get plenty of wildcards in the future. But, eventually the "grind" will come. He'll have to qualify for regular tour events or get his ranking into the Top 50 to avoid that. After this tournament he's at 104 which is noteworthy because he's right on the cusp of the ranking he needs for auto entry into Slams without qualifying. He'd be given a wild card to the French no matter I assume. But if he can play Wimbledon and the USO Open this year without having to qualify, that would be huge. He basically can't lose that many points for the rest of the year since he only has some challenger results to defend. Should be Top 100 soon enough. Will also be interesting to see how he does in Best of 5 matches, which is an entirely different physical and mental challenge.

by Anonymousreply 61February 25, 2023 4:10 PM

Alcaraz strikes poses like he's got an OnlyFans to promote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 25, 2023 4:42 PM

It's a fine line between Calvin Klein and OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 63February 25, 2023 5:23 PM

US tennis star Jessica Pegula reduced to ‘sitting eating doritos at midnight’ after birthday ‘bagel’

ome parts of being a professional tennis player aren’t glamorous.

And world No. 3 Jessica Pegula revealed the unglamorous side of the sport in a funny tweet after losing 6-1 5-7 6-0 to Barbora Krejčíková in the Dubai Championships semifinals on Friday.

“Everyone: “What is it like playing on tour? It must be so amazing!”

“Me: gets bagled on your birthday, sitting eating Doritos at midnight, waiting to get on a 16 hr flight home,” the American tweeted, alongside a selfie of her eating the crisps.

As well as reaching the semifinals in Dubai, Pegula reached the final of the Qatar Open last week, where she was defeated by the in-form Iga Swiatek.

“In all seriousness, “Pegula added in a follow-up tweet, “proud of my efforts the past two weeks. Time for some rest.”

Pegula has emerged as one of the top players on tour in the last two seasons, rising to a career high ranking in singles and doubles.

But, although the result on Friday didn’t go her way, at least she still celebrated her 29th birthday with Coco Gauff, the world No. 6.

“Our (mostly mine) terrible vocals of your birthday song,” Gauff tweeted in response. “But at least the cake was good.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 25, 2023 5:57 PM

Cyrano De Zapata Miralles Team or Nozzle Team?

Carlitos Team or Marry-Me-Jarry Team?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 25, 2023 7:08 PM

MJ Fernandez recommends Coco take 6 months(!) off to re-tool her forehand. She would miss the French and Wimbledon, which I'm sure her PR team and sponsors would just love. Has MJ lost her mind? Fed and Tony Gosney (Mr. MJ) have a piece of Coco, so I wonder if this is a not so subtle warning.

by Anonymousreply 66February 25, 2023 7:09 PM

Viva Zapata team

Alcaraz (Garfia) team

Thanks very much for asking!

by Anonymousreply 67February 25, 2023 7:31 PM

People have been saying for. While that Coco needs time off to fix her forehand.

by Anonymousreply 68February 25, 2023 8:09 PM

Zapata and Norrie head to a third set.

by Anonymousreply 69February 25, 2023 8:34 PM

Who is annoyed with the nicknames? *raises hand*

by Anonymousreply 70February 25, 2023 8:49 PM

"MJ Fernandez recommends Coco take 6 months(!) off to re-tool her forehand. She would miss the French and Wimbledon, which I'm sure her PR team and sponsors would just love. Has MJ lost her mind? Fed and Tony Gosney (Mr. MJ) have a piece of Coco, so I wonder if this is a not so subtle warning."

Interesting. Even at only almost-19, with the hundreds of thousands of balls she's hit, it is tough to retool a foundational tennis shot. The player can obviously understand stroke mechanics and could easily make the adjustment in a routine practice for a few shots. But to really "fix" it, have it ingrained so that the old forehand never reappears - that's difficult. And a side effect is that now there's this element of doubt once she tries to integrate the new forehand into tour-level play.

Not at all saying it can't been done. Many players have tweaked and reworked their strokes. I'm just saying that it could be a lot harder than MJF seems to think; more than just going away for six months and reappearing with a "fixed" forehand that will ostensibly take Coco to the Top 5 and Slam titles.

by Anonymousreply 71February 25, 2023 8:54 PM

LOL at the Pegula post. He self-deprecation makes me like her.

@ R62 -- I just can't see Carlitos as hawt. Those terrible teefs, the bad skin, the guppy mouth, the weird chest & nips. Nawt hawt.

by Anonymousreply 72February 25, 2023 9:09 PM

Not many players are, heh, crazy enough to start changing some details of the tennis shoe. Same thing goes for the forehand.

by Anonymousreply 73February 25, 2023 9:32 PM

Pliskobot tweeted her support for fellow Czech athlete Jakub Janto after he came out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 25, 2023 9:36 PM

Pliskbot Team

by Anonymousreply 75February 25, 2023 9:38 PM

Norrie advances to the final at Rio.

by Anonymousreply 76February 25, 2023 9:44 PM

Now that Federer is gone, who is closest to being deemed one of the "Big 3"?

by Anonymousreply 77February 25, 2023 9:54 PM

Alcaraz, I guess. Possibly Medvedev if he continues his resurgence. They are the only two that look as if they have the cojones and talent to cinsistently get to Finals of majors.

Sinner and possibly Rune could get there but still have a lot to prove. I think Tsitsipas could go the way of Zverev and Thiem. They had the talent but not the mentality to stay at the top.

by Anonymousreply 78February 25, 2023 10:03 PM

A. Zverev?

by Anonymousreply 79February 25, 2023 10:07 PM

There is no big 3 until 3 separate themselves from the rest- Carlos has talent on the level of Rafa, Roger and Novak. No one else except Kyrgios who is a blockhead although fun to watch when not self destructing

by Anonymousreply 80February 25, 2023 10:09 PM

I think Alcaraz has sexy potential but he needs to keep growing into his frame more. I know they say strike while the iron is hot but I think he'll look better in underwear when he's 22-25 than now

by Anonymousreply 81February 25, 2023 10:41 PM

Unless Kyrgios gets a complete mental overhaul and a serious dose of discipline, he'll never approach Big 3 status. It's already too late in his career anyway. At best he'll be a late career phenom like Muster, but Muster had a good reason for not making it until late in his career. Kyrgios is just a mental car crash.

by Anonymousreply 82February 25, 2023 10:44 PM

To each his own. I'd take Fils and Alcaraz over Wonder Bread bland Shapo and Rune any day.

by Anonymousreply 83February 25, 2023 10:47 PM

Which white male players have yellow skin?

by Anonymousreply 84February 25, 2023 10:55 PM

Kyrgios joined Logan Paul for an interview on his podcast....that's a whole lotta douchebag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 25, 2023 11:06 PM

Kyrgios is all BRUH, no GOAT.

by Anonymousreply 86February 25, 2023 11:08 PM

"Alcaraz, I guess. Possibly Medvedev if he continues his resurgence."

"Big 3" IMO means consistently competing for and winning Slams. Granted I would never expect players to win Slams and make finals and deep runs at the rate Fed-Nadal-Djokovic (and for a while Murray) did. But, still, a Big 3 (or 4 or whatever) has to be doing it considerably more than the rest of the pack. Medvedev has won a Slam, almost another, but ever since 2022 AO, he's been very much part of the pack in terms of Slams.

So I agree that Alacarez and Med are candidates for "Big X" status, but they both have work to do in solidifying themselves in that status. And post-Fed-Nadal-Novak Big 3, the ATP could very likely move to the WTA post-Serena (and briefly Osaka) vibe where there's really no entirely clear upper tier of players - lots of random players making deep runs, no one is really surprised when most top players are upset, etc. I guess Swiatek has established herself as the "Big 1" but the roots of that status aren't THAT deep - yet.

by Anonymousreply 87February 25, 2023 11:15 PM

'edgy' Opelka with a handbag. He dropped out of the Top 100 because he's been injured for quite some time now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 26, 2023 12:00 AM

I think the ATP will enter into a WTA-like phase of a very turbulent top-ten and where anybody can lose to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 89February 26, 2023 12:17 AM

Carlitos and Jarry head to a third set as well.

by Anonymousreply 90February 26, 2023 12:19 AM

Alcaraz (Garfia) through to the final to meet Norrie.

by Anonymousreply 91February 26, 2023 12:49 AM

I don't like the bag, but I like Opelka's outfit.

by Anonymousreply 92February 26, 2023 1:58 AM

Tommy Paul has a rockin body. Who is the queen that thinks its basic?

by Anonymousreply 93February 26, 2023 4:28 AM

ova, Siniak team or Giorgi girl team?

by Anonymousreply 94February 26, 2023 4:30 AM

I know I played all my career looking like a frumpy old bag but now that I am blonde like Isabelle Demongeot, Regis de Camaret is either going to want to hit that or it was just lies, lies, and more lies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 26, 2023 7:01 AM

next week's men's draws have some interesting potential

in Santiago the only fascinating first round is battle of fallen WCs Thiem vs. Garin both need a win so badly!

in Dubai:

Hurkacz vs. Murray

Coric vs. Evans

Zverev vs. rising Lehecka

FAA vs. Cressy

happy to see Djokovic and Medvedev are in the same half of the draw.

Acapulco is going to be a fucking mess:

Alcaraz vs. McDonald

DL faves Giron vs. Mmoh

Fritz vs. Isner

Shapovalov vs. Kecmanovic

Tiafoe vs. Nishioka

Norrie vs. Mannarino

Ruud has surprisingly skipped the Latin American clay swing and is playing there on hard instead

by Anonymousreply 96February 26, 2023 8:11 AM

Hubie wins in Marseille.

by Anonymousreply 97February 26, 2023 1:41 PM

What happened to Jensen Brooksby? Drugs? He was a no-show at Dallas and Delray Beach. No one is talking about him. He was going to be the new Jimmy Connors, lol. All those TC commentators said he was a can't miss. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 98February 26, 2023 2:20 PM

This university basketball player, Trey Galloway, reminds me of Daddy Fritz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 26, 2023 4:43 PM

R99, I’ve long thought the exact same thing!

by Anonymousreply 100February 26, 2023 5:04 PM

R98 he has some injury

by Anonymousreply 101February 26, 2023 6:34 PM

R99 they really do look like they could be related.

If Taylor had another 20 lbs on him

by Anonymousreply 102February 26, 2023 6:35 PM

Rune plays Shelton in Acapulco, It's a very interesting first round match.

I doubt Alcaraz will play Acapulco, he just came back and playing five week in a row seems a bit too much

by Anonymousreply 103February 26, 2023 7:07 PM

Wow, Cute Cam is up a break against Carlitos after being down a set and 0-3. Great fight! I hope he can close it out.

by Anonymousreply 104February 26, 2023 9:50 PM

Alcaraz (Garfia) team or Norrie team?

by Anonymousreply 105February 26, 2023 9:52 PM

Cute Cam Team

by Anonymousreply 106February 26, 2023 9:52 PM

Norrie is cute? since when? he's decidedly average

and he's only competitive now because Alcaraz has an obvious thigh strain

by Anonymousreply 107February 26, 2023 9:55 PM

Norrie likes like a hedghog or a badger. Which can be cute animals. But he isn't hot.

by Anonymousreply 108February 26, 2023 9:56 PM

Neither one is hawt. But at least Cam is cute. Carlitos is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 109February 26, 2023 9:59 PM

Give Alcaraz a few years. With his body already decent, in a few years he'll likely be a stud.

by Anonymousreply 110February 26, 2023 10:02 PM

I don't see how Alcaraz can play Acapulco. At most he might be granted a Wednesday start but it's hard to see a thigh strain going away by then

by Anonymousreply 111February 26, 2023 10:04 PM

Carlitos posing in underwear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 26, 2023 10:05 PM

^ nawt hawt

by Anonymousreply 113February 26, 2023 10:06 PM

correction it's hamstring not thigh

by Anonymousreply 114February 26, 2023 10:11 PM

Who is the queeny Hacks guy?

by Anonymousreply 115February 26, 2023 10:14 PM

WTA has a debut event in Austin this week

the most interesting first round match is Stephens vs. Townsend

Based on the draw I'd say Collins has the best chance to win here though AO quarterfinalist Linette is the top seed

In Monterrey the draw has more names

Garcia, Mertens, Vekic and Giorgi

by Anonymousreply 116February 26, 2023 10:14 PM

pobrecito Carlitos :(

dirty Saudi money Norrie takes the title

by Anonymousreply 117February 26, 2023 10:25 PM

Cam wins 7-5 in the 3rd!

by Anonymousreply 118February 26, 2023 10:25 PM

Norrie beats Alcaraz (Garfia).

by Anonymousreply 119February 26, 2023 10:25 PM

White guy beated brown guy.

by Anonymousreply 120February 26, 2023 10:26 PM

What a asshole prick Norrie is! Beats Alcaraz whose injured the last 2 sets, literally playing on one leg, and Norrie has to exalt as if he won wimbledon! Talk about no shame, character, integrity....

Being that Carlos is better than him, and as I stated was playing injured playing on one leg...Instead of being professional with humility and quietness and sorry bad luck for Carlos, Norrie acted like beating a 1 leg player was a true 100% win!

Sorry but that's a dick move and attitude!...Even in his post match interview just now, he says NOTHING about Carlos being very injured when the reporter asks him about it!

by Anonymousreply 121February 26, 2023 10:31 PM

Norrie is a classic vulture winning tournaments only when no one prominent shows up or when the top players are injued.

by Anonymousreply 122February 26, 2023 10:33 PM

[quote]Being that Carlos is better than him,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 26, 2023 10:33 PM

Norrie has the singular charm of a dial tone.

by Anonymousreply 124February 26, 2023 10:34 PM

[quote] injued

by Anonymousreply 125February 26, 2023 10:37 PM

R124 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 26, 2023 10:37 PM

Neither Cam nor Carlos is as HAWT as that black fellow with 3 names, his name escapes me now, seems he doesn't win much this year.

by Anonymousreply 127February 26, 2023 10:49 PM

Felix Auger Aliassime, R127.

by Anonymousreply 128February 26, 2023 10:52 PM

Jo Willy Tsonga

by Anonymousreply 129February 26, 2023 10:53 PM

Have to give Norris credit. Seems to have a much lower ceiling than those more ballyhooed yet is consistently deep in majors. He and Ruud are outperforming.

by Anonymousreply 130February 26, 2023 10:53 PM

R121 and R122 preach

Norrie is average looking with a very mediocre, unimpressive game. He's gotten much better at grinding out wins but when top 20 players are in good form he's helpless

by Anonymousreply 131February 26, 2023 10:54 PM

[quote] Norrie is a classic vulture winning tournaments only when…the top players are injued.

Eet hurt so mush!

by Anonymousreply 132February 26, 2023 10:56 PM

Is it me or does Norris look so awkward on all his strokes and his ball toss?

That’s why it seems a miracle that he does so well (and hats off to him) because he doesn’t seem a natural.

by Anonymousreply 133February 26, 2023 11:00 PM

Are Nadal's supporters right about Carlos doping? These injuries have me wondering. He runs like the devil, covers drop shots like no one can. I know he is young, but the rapid improvement, and then the injuries make me wonder. You never hear Nadal complain when he is injured, and beaten. Carlos seems to have built in excuses.

by Anonymousreply 134February 26, 2023 11:01 PM

[quote] You never hear Nadal complain when he is injured, and beaten.

Haha. He does that so frequently it's become an inside joke on DL tennis thread. See R132.

by Anonymousreply 135February 26, 2023 11:02 PM

Nadal and Uncle Toni have said in the past that he's the most injured player ever!

He's always "extremely injured" to quote MS.

by Anonymousreply 136February 26, 2023 11:04 PM

R133 he's got unusual stroke production but decent timing. If you compare his "spinny" forehand for example to that of fellow lefties Nadal and former top player Verdasco, Norrie really lacks their power. Nadal and Verdasco at their best can rip the ball with a lot of spin and push their opponents back.

by Anonymousreply 137February 26, 2023 11:15 PM

And yet Felix has been winning more this year than Tiafoe, beloved by R127, who swears Frances will be first or second in the rankings by year end.

by Anonymousreply 138February 26, 2023 11:50 PM

When is Sunshine Double?

by Anonymousreply 139February 27, 2023 12:05 AM

R139.. Indian Wells starts I believe March 8 and then the Miami Open March 22....

by Anonymousreply 140February 27, 2023 12:07 AM

R134 Are you kidding? Nadal hasn’t shut up about his injuries in years.

by Anonymousreply 141February 27, 2023 12:22 AM

Patricia Arquette always looks like an unmade bed.

by Anonymousreply 142February 27, 2023 12:24 AM

[quote]Patricia Arquette always looks like an unmade bed

Does she play tennis?

by Anonymousreply 143February 27, 2023 12:31 AM

^Yikes wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 144February 27, 2023 12:36 AM

Merida final:

Giorgi def. Peterson 7-6(3) 1-6 6-2 for her 4th singles title

by Anonymousreply 145February 27, 2023 3:41 AM

[quote] WTA has a debut event in Austin this week. The most interesting first round match is Stephens vs. Townsend

Why does the WTA website has Sloane Stephens playing Alycia Parks in Round 1? Every other source tells you that indeed Stephens and Townhouse are playing each other, so what gives?

On a side note, wtatennis.com is a mess and always has been: it's like they take a look at atptour.com and tells whoever develops their website to do the same and somehow it always gets a messy, unintuitive implementation. And a particular pet peeve of mine: what with the use of capitalized bold font pretty much everywhere on the website: it's so ugly to look at. Also last week I wanted to check the h2h between Mary Jo Fernandez and Evert, Graf, and Seles. To no avail as the wtatennis system has no idea who Mary Jo Fernandez is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 27, 2023 6:30 AM

R146 I think that's the doubles draw. Stephens and Parks are playing together as they did in Merida last week

by Anonymousreply 147February 27, 2023 7:33 AM

Mary Joe never beat Evert, Graf or Navratilova. She beat Seles once, when Monica was 15. She could occasionally beat Sanchez, Novotna and Martinez, and at one time she was a real obstacle for Sabatini, but she never won a GS and was really a weak link. When Capriati arrived, MJ was pretty much forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 148February 27, 2023 8:59 AM

Ha, Norrie barely beats a hobbled Alcaraz, who pretty much couldn't run the last set and a half. Had Alcaraz been healthy, it would have been straight sets to Alcaraz. I agree, R121, that Norrie acted like he won a Slam or Masters 1000, when he won a clay court tournament in Rio only because the better player got injured.

by Anonymousreply 149February 27, 2023 3:30 PM

^ it just kills you that Norrie beat Carlitos, doesn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 27, 2023 4:30 PM

Not really, R150. If you watched the match, Alcaraz was having trouble moving. It's actually embarrassing for Norrie that Alcaraz kept it so close. I'm not sad Alcaraz lost. I'm impressed that Alcaraz came so close to winning despite being injured and not even close to being his best because of compromised movement.

by Anonymousreply 151February 27, 2023 4:40 PM

R134 Rapid improvement? Yes, the rise in the rankings is impressive, but he always played that way. I remember watching him playing with ten years and he crashed the ball with his forehand and ran like a rabbit. His problems in juniors (he was always a top player) was that sometimes he outhit the ball and made too many UE.

There's nothing weird on his stamina, he is very young

And frankly, he injuries are not that different of the problems other young players had

Yesterday he was winning clearly till he started to have problems to move, and even with that he was on the verge of winning

by Anonymousreply 152February 27, 2023 7:46 PM

And what about Parks, she has a big serve but she seems to be one of those Jesus freaks

by Anonymousreply 153February 27, 2023 7:47 PM

Shelton team or Rune team?

Two DL boyfriends, Shapo and Daddy Fritz, face each other next at the Mexico Open.

by Anonymousreply 154February 28, 2023 1:40 AM

Acapulco:

Shapovalov actually wins a match 6(4)-7 6-0 7-5 over Kecmanovic. Shapovalov choked the first set after 5-2

Fritz out daddies Isner 3-6 6-3 6-4

Mmoh outbodies Giron 7-6(3) 6-1

by Anonymousreply 155February 28, 2023 1:41 AM

shocking that Acapulco gave 41 year old currently unranked Feliciano Lopez a WC he's playing Eubanks now. Eubanks actually beat Lopez in 3 sets last year

by Anonymousreply 156February 28, 2023 1:43 AM

Hispanics sticking together by giving a WC to Lopez, R156.

by Anonymousreply 157February 28, 2023 1:45 AM

holy shit anyone watching the Rune Shelton match? The camera panned to a profile shot of Mama Rune...bitch has LEATHERY skin. She looks almost 60 years old wrinkles and sagging everywhere!

If Holger isn't wearing sunblock regularly he'll look like shit by 30

by Anonymousreply 158February 28, 2023 1:50 AM

R158 she fits in well in Acapulco then.

by Anonymousreply 159February 28, 2023 2:07 AM

Holger Rune is such a brat, but I cannot deny he has great legs.

by Anonymousreply 160February 28, 2023 2:15 AM

[quote] Mmoh outbodies Giron 7-6(3) 6-1

Too bad Giron of the great ass is out.

by Anonymousreply 161February 28, 2023 2:19 AM

Rune's legs are his only plus. His constant grimacing, fidgeting and cap adjusting makes Rafa look like a stoic. And serious Hingis head.

by Anonymousreply 162February 28, 2023 2:24 AM

unsurprisingly after a long week in Doha, Murray pulls out of Dubai with a right hip injury. Hopefully he'll be OK for Indian Wells

so far Alcaraz has not withdrawn from Acapulco and is scheduled to face McDonald tomorrow night

by Anonymousreply 163February 28, 2023 2:35 AM

Shelton and Rune head to a third set.

by Anonymousreply 164February 28, 2023 3:08 AM

ok I guess Feliciano was checking DL during a changeover

I eat my words now as he wins 7-6(3) 6-4 well done!

by Anonymousreply 165February 28, 2023 3:08 AM

Nishioaka team or Tiafoe team?

by Anonymousreply 166February 28, 2023 3:18 AM

Tiafoe wins.

by Anonymousreply 167February 28, 2023 3:26 AM

Feli only won one match last year. His record was something like 1-11. Awful loss for Eubanks.

by Anonymousreply 168February 28, 2023 3:26 AM

Andrea Petkovic is commentating on the matches on Tennis Channel tonight. She is very blunt. No sugar coating from her.

by Anonymousreply 169February 28, 2023 3:33 AM

I wondered who the female commentator was. She is good.

by Anonymousreply 170February 28, 2023 3:43 AM

Rune advances.

by Anonymousreply 171February 28, 2023 3:44 AM

I think now that Townsend is back on tour, Tennis Channel had openings and hired both Puig and Petkovic

Davenport's bff Corina Morariu seems to be long gone. Haven't heard on he channel for several years now

by Anonymousreply 172February 28, 2023 4:11 AM

Puig!

by Anonymousreply 173February 28, 2023 4:13 AM

Didn't even know that Petkovic retired last year? She looked quite pretty at the tennis channel desk tonight..

by Anonymousreply 174February 28, 2023 4:33 AM

Just watching replays of today's matches. Mmoh Vs Giron is hot gay porn!

by Anonymousreply 175February 28, 2023 6:08 AM

[quote]Holger Rune is such a brat, but I cannot deny he has great legs.

And he wears short shorts to show them off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 28, 2023 11:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 28, 2023 11:04 AM

Rune needs a good top to dominate him.

by Anonymousreply 178February 28, 2023 11:36 AM

Kerber has given birth to a daughter.

I wonder if Serena will ever do the same.

by Anonymousreply 179February 28, 2023 12:10 PM

Rune and a few others need to REALLY bring back short shorts like those of the 70s/80s! I'm talking shorts that barely cover the cheeks and ass creases! laugh!.....oh yeah and in white shorts no damn under armor like shorts underneath either! i'm talking jockstraps! and white shorts that when they become wet from sweat are see thru! laugh!.....

anyone old enough to remember handsome Tim Mayotte? I remember very very well when he won the NCAA championship in 1981and it was televised before he turned pro, he wore these white shorts that were COMPLETELY see thru as the match wore on and you could clearly see his ass skin and his jockstrap straps it was obscene and pornographic and beyond hot!!...

by Anonymousreply 180February 28, 2023 1:49 PM

Smelling salts for R180!

by Anonymousreply 181February 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Speaking of 'smelling salts' - NoVaxx extravagantly sending his bottle up to his team for his Magic Potion.

I may be being thick but why doesn't he just have them pre-prepared and down with him courtside before the match?

by Anonymousreply 182February 28, 2023 3:09 PM

R180, I’m old enough to remember Tim Mayotte but only from his professional days. I do remember the see-through shorts though.

by Anonymousreply 183February 28, 2023 3:32 PM

His team are now trying to pass something - looks like drug 'wrap' - down to him mid-game.

It's just weird!

by Anonymousreply 184February 28, 2023 3:44 PM

I'm really enjoying Tomas Machac. He's not intimidated by Novak at all. Just playing freely and coming up with some incredible shots.

Probably not going to win this, but really showing others how it should be done.

by Anonymousreply 185February 28, 2023 4:36 PM

Austin:

Stephens rebounds from the disastrous double bagel she received at the hands of Giorgi a few days ago with a comfy 6-3 6-3 win over Townsend. Stephens did not get broken!

by Anonymousreply 186March 1, 2023 1:54 AM

Acapulco updates:

Both Alcaraz and Norrie withdraw

Berrettini deff. Molcan 6-0 1-0 ret.

by Anonymousreply 187March 1, 2023 1:56 AM

Santiago:

Garin tops Thiem 6-2 7-6(2) Thiem could not penetrate Garin's serve at all and Garin faced no break points

by Anonymousreply 188March 1, 2023 1:59 AM

[quote] tops

[quote] penetrate

by Anonymousreply 189March 1, 2023 2:00 AM

Dubai:

FAA survives 27 Cressy aces but accepts 25 Cressy double faults in a 7-6(4) 3-6 6-3 win

Coric def. Evans 2-2 after Evans suffers right ankle injury

both Djokovic and Hurkacz grind out 3rd set tiebreak matches

by Anonymousreply 190March 1, 2023 2:03 AM

Monterrey:

Giorgi's momentum is over as she goes down 4-6 5-7 to qualifier Ruse

by Anonymousreply 191March 1, 2023 2:06 AM

Ruse team or Rune team?

by Anonymousreply 192March 1, 2023 2:08 AM

R179 Mangie isn't lez?

by Anonymousreply 193March 1, 2023 2:08 AM

Also, BTW, in passing, Djokovic passes Graft on all time number 1 list and he didn't need anyone to stab Nadal to do it.

And speaking of substantiated heterosexual Nadal, he loves show tunes, especially Phantom. Too bad the wife couldn't make it 7 times, but, you know, because of her busy schedule. Good thing that his physio was able to fill in for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 1, 2023 4:17 AM

Rafa is truly demented.

by Anonymousreply 195March 1, 2023 4:29 AM

unfortunately Nadal has pulled out of the Sunshine Double with a continued left hip flexor injury. He's rehabbing now. I'm sure he'll be OK for the clay season

by Anonymousreply 196March 1, 2023 6:04 AM

[quote]Too bad the wife couldn't make it 7 times, but, you know, because of her busy schedule

You didn't hear it from me, but Xisca has a chronic problem getting her till to balance.

by Anonymousreply 197March 1, 2023 11:07 AM

r194 Seles wasn't close to as good and as mentally fit and stable to be a top player and even a regular contender for top spots and big titles as Graf. Typical dl idiocy, craziness, PR dreck and delusion, Germans hatred and disrespect as well; it's tiring.

by Anonymousreply 198March 1, 2023 1:47 PM

(Allegedly) Bi-talian Sonego takes down Felix in straight sets in Dubai.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 1, 2023 1:56 PM

He is such a sexy Bitalian, though, r199, that we can forgive him for depriving us of more television coverage for FAA.

by Anonymousreply 200March 1, 2023 2:04 PM

r198, Dear Steffi, Facts matter, and you're a moron. If you're looking for ethnic hatred, her stabber admitted he hated Serbs and Serbia, where Monica was born.

Seles became the youngest woman to win the French Open in 1990 when she defeated No. 1-ranked Steffi Graff in the finals. In 1991, Seles, replaced Graf as the top-ranked women’s player. At the time of the 1993 attack, she had won eight Grand Slam titles and was ranked No. 1 in the world. She was 19 years old, you stupid Nazi cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 1, 2023 2:17 PM

I loved Monica, but she would never have more than 1 Wimbledon title, had she not been stabbed. She might have tied Chrissie for French crowns, but the Williams sisters would have shut her down at the USO & Australia.

by Anonymousreply 202March 1, 2023 3:10 PM

Monica was stabbed in 1993, Venus won her first Wimbledon in 2000. Anyway, the point is Graff got to 377 weeks because the Serb-hating, German, who was given a 2 year suspended sentence and NOT jailed, wanted Steffi to be number 1 again, which she was. She had about 250 weeks IIRC, at that time.

Novaxx got to 378, without Wimbledon points and only playing 11 matches last year.

by Anonymousreply 203March 1, 2023 4:03 PM

Borna takes the Kokk out in three long sets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204March 1, 2023 5:03 PM

[quote]Porna edges the Kokk

pics, please

by Anonymousreply 205March 1, 2023 5:27 PM

Man, Rune has incredible legs.

by Anonymousreply 206March 1, 2023 5:44 PM

Man, if only he had the brains, temperament, and looks to match.

by Anonymousreply 207March 1, 2023 5:58 PM

I'm surprised Coric needed 3 sets against Kokkinakis

didn't expect him to have Tipsarevic in his box either

by Anonymousreply 208March 1, 2023 6:35 PM

lmao at the crazy score in Dubai today

Rublev def. Davidovich Fokina 1-6 7-6(6) 7-6(3) ADF had a 6-1 lead in the second set tiebreak and let 5 match points slip away!

by Anonymousreply 209March 1, 2023 6:37 PM

Love. love love that sweet sexy Fokker but he HAS to get his head sorted out.

He's choked away so many matches when he gets in a winning position against top players.

by Anonymousreply 210March 1, 2023 6:40 PM

Frustated Foki kept lifting his shirt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211March 1, 2023 7:00 PM

R211 he definitely needs to keep doing that, but for happier emotions!

by Anonymousreply 212March 1, 2023 7:14 PM

R198 Sorry but that's simply not true.

Seles wasn't the best athlete but her talent is undeniable. People who didn't watch her at her prime think she was always the overweight player without killing instinct that came back in 1995 but that's simply not true.

She defeated Graf several times at GS finals, she was the clear leader of the circuit at the time she was stabbed.

It's true that sooner or later Graf would be back, she had rough years outside the tennis court at the same time Seles was rising, but Graf had a lot of trouble against Seles from the very beginning.

The 1989 RG semifinal is a prime example of that. Back then Graf was a way better player, Seles was barely a 15 yo and she had a tendency to moonball and even with that she was able to make play Graf to the best of three sets.

The truth is 1993 was going to be a great year with Graf wanting her throne back and Seles ready to defend it but that psycho spoiled everything when he stabbed Monica

by Anonymousreply 213March 1, 2023 7:20 PM

Couldn’t agree more, r213. The 1993 January AusOpen final was a clear statement of intent—Seles would almost certainly have won Paris and the USOpen, and probably have made a great attempt at Wimbledon, had Parche not stabbed her.

by Anonymousreply 214March 1, 2023 7:34 PM

the thing is Rublev is a huge headcase himself so it's surprising he was able to be clutch after getting blown out in that opening set. ADF is 1 of the most talented players not to have a singles title yet but he's even more of a headcase than most on tour

by Anonymousreply 215March 1, 2023 7:54 PM

Santiago:

Musetti's slump continues with a 4-6 4-6 loss to Munar

by Anonymousreply 216March 1, 2023 7:55 PM

And Munar was not even playing well lately.

I think Musetti believed too much in his own hype. Rune is a spoiled brat but he is really focused on tennis

by Anonymousreply 217March 1, 2023 8:03 PM

The number one ranking is the worst metric. It absolutely is great for seedings and to prove who's the most consistent over the course of a year. But so many other factors go into play other than simply winning tourneys, such as how other players happen to be playing at any given moment.

Good for Novak, but his slam total and the fact he's won each masters twice is a thousand times more vaulted.

by Anonymousreply 218March 1, 2023 8:17 PM

Monic was the mentally toughest player I’d ever seen. She could be down in a tiebreak 0-6, but she’d just lock in and Will herself to win the school point.

Maybe not Wimbledon but she’d have won tons of titles. And I’m not taking anything away from Steffi.

by Anonymousreply 219March 1, 2023 8:31 PM

ic, Mon team

by Anonymousreply 220March 1, 2023 8:40 PM

Daddy v Shapo in Puco should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 221March 1, 2023 9:39 PM

Frances and Feli are making it very difficult to focus on their tennis.

by Anonymousreply 222March 1, 2023 11:42 PM

Daddy Fritz team or Shapo team?

Battle of the DL Boyfriends

by Anonymousreply 223March 2, 2023 2:33 AM

so upsetting

just as he was building momentum and rising up the rankings

Mmoh suffers some kind of injury today against Paul and retired 4-6 2-2

can't tell what is though. Hopefully it's not long term. Maybe a groin strain? He grabbed that area

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 2, 2023 3:00 AM

the handshake as these 2 obviously know each other well. Same age group and played a lot several years ago in challengers. Mmoh actually has the winning h2h

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 2, 2023 3:01 AM

Ruud struggling. He barely got by a nobody in the first round

now he loses in a third set tiebreak to Daniel

last year he seemed burnt out in the end by playing too much

this year he seems to be having a hard time from lack of match play. He decided not to play the Latin American clay swing and appears rusty/lacking confidence

on the plus side, he seems to have gained some muscle in his arms, legs and butt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 2, 2023 3:04 AM

Ymer team or (M) Berrettimi?

Borges team or Rune team?

Minotaur/Hitlerstache beat (J) Berrettimi.

by Anonymousreply 227March 2, 2023 3:09 AM

Various DL boyfriends at Acapulco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 2, 2023 3:45 AM

Daddy Fritz defeats Shapo.

by Anonymousreply 229March 2, 2023 3:46 AM

No.l love for M. Berrentini on DL?

by Anonymousreply 230March 2, 2023 4:00 AM

On the Tennis Channel tonight Andrea Petkovic mentioned Rune's "bratty" behavior and said it may have a competitive advantage by getting under the skin of his opponents.

by Anonymousreply 231March 2, 2023 4:17 AM

Woon Wins first set against Borges 6-0.

by Anonymousreply 232March 2, 2023 4:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Is Shapo over?

by Anonymousreply 234March 2, 2023 6:03 AM

Apparently--last win was in the 2nd round of this year's AO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235March 2, 2023 6:44 AM

Oh, plus a tight win over MeowMeow in Acapulco first round.

by Anonymousreply 236March 2, 2023 6:47 AM

Looks like Nadal is going to drop out of the top ten for the first time in EIGHTEEN years.

by Anonymousreply 237March 2, 2023 7:14 AM

When Rune was still a whining baby screaming at his mother.

by Anonymousreply 238March 2, 2023 7:27 AM

Can Nadal crash out of the top 30 before May? I can see him as the most dangerous floater ever in a grand slam draw at RG. Could it be possible to serve some Djokodal realness in Round 1?

by Anonymousreply 239March 2, 2023 8:01 AM

Reading upthread about poor Monica Seles reminded me that when she was voted off Dancing with the Stars, the song they played for her goodbye dance was "The First Cut Is the Deepest"

by Anonymousreply 240March 2, 2023 8:15 AM

R239 omg don't tempt me with a good time. That would be a hilarious and fun first rounder

by Anonymousreply 241March 2, 2023 8:59 AM

in Austin, Stephens gets a confidence boosting win over an opponent who has long troubled her throughout their careers, defeating Watson 6-4 6-4

by Anonymousreply 242March 2, 2023 9:00 AM

Santiago:

Jarry's sudden good form and Schwartzman's horrible slump continue as Jarry wins 6-4 4-6 7-6(2) lil Diego was also bothered by the loud crowd cheering for the local boy

by Anonymousreply 243March 2, 2023 9:01 AM

Move over Shapovalov and Moutet!

Sonego is the most successful rapper on tour...he and his friend released a Reggaeton style song but in Italian last year. It has recently surpassed 1 million listens on spotify

here's' the music video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 2, 2023 9:07 AM

R239 probably not. He doesn't have many points to defend after Indian Wells and all signs to him being healthy for Monte Carlo and the rest of the clay season. If he has even an average to normal Rafa clay run (MC, Madrid, Rome), he should be top 8 by the French.

by Anonymousreply 245March 2, 2023 9:11 AM

Where did the rumors that Sonego is bi come from?

by Anonymousreply 246March 2, 2023 9:12 AM

he comes off as very broish in the music video

by Anonymousreply 247March 2, 2023 9:15 AM

R246 someone who runs in Italian tennis circles said that they'd heard Sonego had a fling with another male (low profile) tennis pro. I think it got posted in the autumn last year - so probably about 10 threads ago!

by Anonymousreply 248March 2, 2023 9:38 AM

R248 thanks!

by Anonymousreply 249March 2, 2023 9:42 AM

I'm actually liking Petkovic as a commentator. Her style is similar to Navratilova's in that she gives you technique, tactics and thought process but she has the benefit of being younger so she knows more about locker room talk.

Tonight she was correctly saying how Shapovalov needs to improve his second serve ball toss/timing and overall shot selection if he wants to return to the top 10

by Anonymousreply 250March 2, 2023 9:42 AM

in Dubai it's quarterfinal day!

Pick your teams!

Zverev vs. Reggaeton Sonego

Rublev vs. van de Zandschulp

Djokovic vs. Hurkacz

Medvedev vs. Coric

by Anonymousreply 251March 2, 2023 9:54 AM

in Santiago the most compelling match on paper today is:

Baez vs Garin

by Anonymousreply 252March 2, 2023 9:55 AM

in Acapulco it's also quarterfinal day!

Paul vs. McDonald

de Minaur vs. Daniel

Fritz vs. Tiafoe

Rune vs. Berrettini

by Anonymousreply 253March 2, 2023 9:56 AM

Unless Shapo can pick up some decent points in the next few weeks he could really struggle through the rest of the season. Clay isn't his natural service and he could realistically be out of the seedings for the French and Wimbledon.

Getting tough first round draws baked in for all but ATP 250s could make a comeback on the hard court season in the fall very tough going. He honestly doesn't seem to have the hunger to sustain a consistent push. He's still young (tho it seems like he's been around forever - like Tsitsipas - so he has plenty of time yet, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 254March 2, 2023 9:56 AM

Las Vegas event organizers and fans must be bummed

they had to cancel a pre-Indian Wells exho featuring Nadal vs. Alcaraz but both are now injured though Alcaraz is still hoping to play the Sunshine Double and Nadal has withdrawn from both

by Anonymousreply 255March 2, 2023 10:03 AM

legz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 2, 2023 11:03 AM

clearly something going on there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257March 2, 2023 11:05 AM

Is it just me, or is Zverev coming across as nicer, more humble... and less of a massive asshole since his comeback from injury. Has he *gulp* matured and learned from his fuck-ups?

I'm still pissed he just took out Sonego but might have to move him into the 'Pending' section of my Official ATP ShitList.

by Anonymousreply 258March 2, 2023 12:14 PM

Just you, r258. He still comes across as an enormous dick to me, and not the good kind.

by Anonymousreply 259March 2, 2023 12:16 PM

R259 that's fine! I was just checking!

Must've been a moment of uncharacteristic charity on my part.

by Anonymousreply 260March 2, 2023 12:19 PM

"ReggaeSonego", lol

The song isn't bad actually.

by Anonymousreply 261March 2, 2023 12:46 PM

just watched on youtube, alcaraz, playing junior tournaments at 10, 12, 14... great stuff, even one tournament where he played doubles with Rune...

by Anonymousreply 262March 2, 2023 1:54 PM

R237, I was going to post that yesterday, but after I hit post I got "primetimed" yet again. Anyway, amazing that Nadal hasn't dropped out of the top 10 in so many years given his injury woes. He's in the sunset of his career, though, and I see these younger Next-Gen players as far hungrier and less intimidated than the generations that came before them. They think they should be beating Djokovic and Nadal and play like it, even if they crash and burn in their attempts. At least they keep trying and don't roll over like the previous generations.

As R245 points out, though, Nadal may soon be back in the top 10 by the time Roland Garros starts. Nadal had a less than stellar clay season last year. I was sure he'd lose before the final last year, but a favorable early draw and opponents who rolled over to Nadal's indomitable will (how many times have we seen that?), including Djokovic, gave him yet another RG title. I for one would like to see someone else win RG this year, as long as it's not Djokovic. We need new blood in the winner's circle.

by Anonymousreply 263March 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Go Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 264March 2, 2023 4:24 PM

I'm happy that these young guns are aggressive and athletic, and therefore will cause ol' Nole to tire out.

by Anonymousreply 265March 2, 2023 5:26 PM

Just seen this on Twitter - there is definitely some manlove potential in Signor Sonego!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266March 2, 2023 5:45 PM

Wow, today’s Medvedev could push Djokovic very hard, if not beat him. Impressive, very impressive against a gorgeous Coric.

by Anonymousreply 267March 2, 2023 5:51 PM

R263, sorry but Rafa had one of his toughest FO draws in recent memory last year. FAA (who played lights out for most of the match), Novak, Zverev just to reach the final? Nah. He earned that 14th. I give you Ruud in the final. That was a cakewalk. But the rest of his draw was difficult.

by Anonymousreply 268March 2, 2023 5:52 PM

To follow on from r267.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269March 2, 2023 5:54 PM

Yep, Coric was just getting crushed in the longer rallies. Medvedev was like a metronome.

by Anonymousreply 270March 2, 2023 5:55 PM

anyone know what Porna has tattooed on his tummy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271March 2, 2023 6:03 PM

[quote]anyone know what Porna has tattooed on his tummy?

It says ‘though miles may lie between us we are never far apart.’ I think it's an ode to his sister-wife Bruna Coric

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 2, 2023 6:17 PM

R258 I want to hear your ATP shit list (I'm pretty new back to watching tennis)

Kyrgios, Rune, Zverev, Djokovic?

Is Rafa a little sweetheart?

And the girls - so Halep is a cheat. The only one?

by Anonymousreply 273March 2, 2023 6:24 PM

R273 With pleasure. In order least to most hated:

Bublik - annoying, lazy, a slightly more amiable Kyrgios when push comes toi shove)

Isner - no game outside the serve, boring personality, MAGA politics, ugly AF)

Zverev - nasty streak, arrogant, just generally 'up himself'

Brooksby - I just look at him and want to punch him in the face, gamesmanship, snivelling brattishness

Rune - I look at him and think 'Scrappy Doo'. End of.

NoVaxxx - I think he's possibly Satan. He scares me.

Kyrgios - human garbage. Everything about him is trashy.

by Anonymousreply 274March 2, 2023 7:18 PM

Excellent list, R274.

by Anonymousreply 275March 2, 2023 7:21 PM

Closely aligned with R274's list, though I'd switch goofy Bublik with snide bigot Medvedev, and bland Brooksby with Putin-loving, godawful wannabe rapper, shouty Shapo.

by Anonymousreply 276March 2, 2023 7:31 PM

I don't like Medvedev but damnit I want him to beat Djokovic tomorrow. Saying I'm beyond sick of Djokovic dominating is just not strong enough. I cannot believe he's close to 40 but in his prime. I hope to see another Djokovic meltdown and embarrassing display of tantrums

Hell I'll even root for Zverev if he gets to the final and Djokovic is there and I hate Zverev

That's 1 area I disagree with Petkovic on-she said the other day Djokovic was in the best form of his life at this year's AO. I think he played decently but had an incredibly lucky easy draw. No one who could have challenged him made it far enough in the draw. Even Rune had an inexperienced choke to Rublev of all people

by Anonymousreply 277March 2, 2023 7:37 PM

R272 Borna has really weird/creepy fixation over his sister, you can see it on several on his IG posts.

by Anonymousreply 278March 2, 2023 7:45 PM

I hate how Coric and Berrettini ruined their bodies with trashy tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 279March 2, 2023 7:54 PM

R279 when you lie down with skanks you get inky!

by Anonymousreply 280March 2, 2023 7:57 PM

What about this classy gal, Andreea Prisacariu from Romania

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 2, 2023 8:17 PM

Fun Fact: Hubi's middle name is Jessica

here he is sharing his favorite cookie recipe, or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 2, 2023 9:02 PM

THANK YOU so much R274. I want to get back into tennis - it does seem like the players are interesting or maybe my life just opened up enough to get back into it.

I like the way the little Greek guy looks - Stefanos Tsitsipas, but I hear rumblings that he's an asshole too? Oh and Taylor Fritz !! He and Tiafoe both give me hope for an American -- well, not resurgence -- but at least 'something' though I'm not really a nationalist when it comes to tennis. But god, please retire Djoko. I'm sick to death of him and so agree with you R277.

Did everybody hate on Serena? did the Japanese-American girl lose her mind? I do like the looks of Swiatek - I like the way she plays. And there seem to be a lot of big hard-hitting girls around 6 feet tall. Oh I know -- Ostapenko!! She's hilarious. Love her and her clownish clothes and her 'I don't give a fuck' attitude. Tennis needs some personalities, especially the women.

by Anonymousreply 283March 2, 2023 9:25 PM

DL boyfriends Tommy and Mackie are next up in Puco

by Anonymousreply 284March 2, 2023 9:31 PM

R283 Yeah, Stefanos can be asshole-ish. Definitely prissy and arrogant, and who knows what fucked up shit goes on with his parents... but he's not Totally Evil... yet.

by Anonymousreply 285March 2, 2023 9:35 PM

What’s with Tommy’s chains? Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 286March 2, 2023 10:13 PM

R286, I know that in other sports players get very into chains; they think certain metals have positive health benefits.

by Anonymousreply 287March 2, 2023 10:25 PM

not a good day for the Cerundolo brothers as both go down in 3 sets in Santiago

by Anonymousreply 288March 2, 2023 10:26 PM

Mackie has great legs. It's a shame those shorts are down to his knees.

by Anonymousreply 289March 2, 2023 10:33 PM

poor Mackie just didn't have it too

gets thumped 2-6 2-6 by Paul

by Anonymousreply 290March 2, 2023 10:41 PM

Minotaur/Hitlerstache team

Tiafoe team (though I prefer Daddy Fritz for the eye candy)

Berreteami

Thanks so very much for asking, R253.

by Anonymousreply 291March 2, 2023 11:05 PM

Santiago:

Baez def. Garin 6-4 6-3

Baez is on the rise for sure but Garin is still i n a bad slump, just not as bad as Thiem's

by Anonymousreply 292March 2, 2023 11:18 PM

I'd like to see another Ruud vs. Rune match

their testy Nordic exchange last year was amusing

by Anonymousreply 293March 2, 2023 11:49 PM

de Minaur comfy 6-2 6-2 over Daniel

by Anonymousreply 294March 3, 2023 1:51 AM

first set to Fritz 6-3

by Anonymousreply 295March 3, 2023 1:52 AM

Daddy Fritz wins first set against Tiafoe.

by Anonymousreply 296March 3, 2023 1:52 AM

Tiafoe is too "jumpy" today

lots of nervous energy and he's overhitting on the forehand side

by Anonymousreply 297March 3, 2023 1:59 AM

Fritz is a very pretty boy. When was the last truly good looking American player? Young Agassi?

by Anonymousreply 298March 3, 2023 2:01 AM

not understanding why Tiafoe keeps hitting so many shots to the Fritz backhand. That's his best shot by far. His forehand is the shaky side

by Anonymousreply 299March 3, 2023 2:36 AM

at least Tiafoe changed into a tank top in the second set for us

by Anonymousreply 300March 3, 2023 2:43 AM

Does he have those psychedelic colors on again?

by Anonymousreply 301March 3, 2023 2:46 AM

Fritz wins 6-3 6-4 and will now take on Paul

by Anonymousreply 302March 3, 2023 2:46 AM

what I would pay to see tiafoe's ass nude and wet strutting around after a shower in the locker room!

by Anonymousreply 303March 3, 2023 2:51 AM

I wonder if his gf grabs it

by Anonymousreply 304March 3, 2023 2:57 AM

let's see how well Berrettini can protect his backhand tonight

obviously Rune will target it

by Anonymousreply 305March 3, 2023 3:09 AM

Will brown guy beat white boy?

by Anonymousreply 306March 3, 2023 3:15 AM

Rune looks better with a hat on backwards. His hairline is a bit high and makes his face look bigger when the hat's off

by Anonymousreply 307March 3, 2023 3:18 AM

Rune's best look would be a ski mask.

by Anonymousreply 308March 3, 2023 3:40 AM

Berrettini has to be thrilled about this rain delay

he was getting killed 0-4

by Anonymousreply 309March 3, 2023 3:44 AM

Berrettini not pleased with his play in this match.

by Anonymousreply 310March 3, 2023 4:25 AM

Berrettini quits match.

by Anonymousreply 311March 3, 2023 4:25 AM

Paul team or Daddy Fritz team?

Rune team or Minotaur/Hitlerstache team?

by Anonymousreply 312March 3, 2023 4:28 AM

"Nole" team or Daniil team?

A. Zverev team or Rublev team?

by Anonymousreply 313March 3, 2023 4:48 AM

compelling Rune Berrettini match

loads of retirements this week

by Anonymousreply 314March 3, 2023 4:54 AM

WTF Zverev is back to wearing sleeveless? He really shouldn't

by Anonymousreply 315March 3, 2023 4:55 AM

Rublev is the only likable guy left in Dubai

by Anonymousreply 316March 3, 2023 4:57 AM

I'm going to Dubai!

by Anonymousreply 317March 3, 2023 5:01 AM

Team Service Sweet Tommy or Team Service Horny Daddy? What say you gays?

by Anonymousreply 318March 3, 2023 8:20 AM

Tiafoe seems mentally deficient. Something off with him. The need to 'hug' everyone, lol. Props to him for knowing Brooksby's shit.

by Anonymousreply 319March 3, 2023 10:08 AM

Ima say Daddy Team. I like them both a lot, but Daddy today.

Here's some Mackie legz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 3, 2023 10:48 AM

Tommy's baby blues

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 3, 2023 10:49 AM

Rune legz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 3, 2023 10:52 AM

Something tells me that the boobs out serenade is going to be canceled. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 323March 3, 2023 4:11 PM

YESSSSSS! bring it, DANIIIL!

by Anonymousreply 324March 3, 2023 4:15 PM

Boobs OUT!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 325March 3, 2023 4:15 PM

Boobs Out out!!!

by Anonymousreply 326March 3, 2023 4:36 PM

Yay! I’m so happy.

by Anonymousreply 327March 3, 2023 4:46 PM

Thoughts and prayers to Our Resident Rogue DjokoLoon at this difficult time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328March 3, 2023 4:49 PM

Med is just a bad match up for Novak. And I love it.

by Anonymousreply 329March 3, 2023 4:54 PM

NO Vaxx!

by Anonymousreply 330March 3, 2023 7:14 PM

Daddy Fritz and Tommy Paul head to a third set.

by Anonymousreply 331March 4, 2023 3:09 AM

Excellent match. Daddy Fritz vomited and bared his abdomen for an extended period. Now 5-1 Paul in the third-set tie break.

by Anonymousreply 332March 4, 2023 4:34 AM

Our Tommy wins against an exhausted and dehydrated Daddy Fritz. Minotaur/Hitlerstache and Rune up next.

by Anonymousreply 333March 4, 2023 4:39 AM

I asked this on the prior thread and wondered the same thing tonight:

[quote] Why does Holger Rune always look as if he's wearing makeup on court? It's as if his face is caked with foundation while the rest of him is natural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334March 4, 2023 6:01 AM

Tommy and Daddy had some ridiculously good rallies.

by Anonymousreply 335March 4, 2023 6:07 AM

The sweat glistening and running down Rune's legs is admittedly hot.

by Anonymousreply 336March 4, 2023 6:31 AM

That slut better not make an exhausted Tommy have sex tonight, She should utilize her oral skills for the sake of the title.

by Anonymousreply 337March 4, 2023 6:51 AM

Minotaur digs in and battles back against The Brat and snatches the second n 'Pulco!

Even if he doesn't win, it would be good if Alex can make sure Rune's not fresh for the final.

by Anonymousreply 338March 4, 2023 7:00 AM

Credit where it's due; Rune could've easily thrown in the towel at the start of the third set with the cramping. Props to him for fighting through it and giving De Minaur a 'proper' win.

by Anonymousreply 339March 4, 2023 7:47 AM

r334, sunscreen

by Anonymousreply 340March 4, 2023 12:18 PM

Medvedev stabs Tsissypants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 4, 2023 4:32 PM

As much as I loathe Daniil, that shit is funny r341. I hope Andrey has more success than the both of them since he is eons beyond them in terms of being a decent human being.

by Anonymousreply 342March 4, 2023 5:07 PM

Paul team or Minotaur/Hitlerstach team?

by Anonymousreply 343March 4, 2023 5:37 PM

It's very rare to get a Final where I really like both players. They're 18th and 19th in the rankings - 35 points apart, both in great form, neither has won a 500 before - almost inseparable.

I'll go with Paul Team - only 1 title so far (Stockholm in '21) - he definitely deserves another.

by Anonymousreply 344March 4, 2023 5:48 PM

Petkovic during the Paul/Daddy Fritz match:

[quote] You know how players are - selfish.

by Anonymousreply 345March 4, 2023 6:50 PM

Taayloor Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitz.

by Anonymousreply 346March 4, 2023 7:00 PM

eva, Grach team or Volleynets team?

Collins team or Kost Yuk team?

by Anonymousreply 347March 4, 2023 8:31 PM

Pam hanging out with the girls in Austin. I'm sure they'll talk about the mens after the match.

by Anonymousreply 348March 4, 2023 10:14 PM

Misery shirtless. Hot or not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349March 4, 2023 10:24 PM

Pretty hot (for a tennis player)

by Anonymousreply 350March 5, 2023 12:14 AM

Pretty Tommy Team

by Anonymousreply 351March 5, 2023 2:12 AM

Paul has really been hitting the ball well the two matches I've watched so far. Clean and flat.

by Anonymousreply 352March 5, 2023 2:24 AM

[quote] Clean and flat.

Like Daddy Fritz's ass.

by Anonymousreply 353March 5, 2023 2:26 AM

I am on Minotaur team.

by Anonymousreply 354March 5, 2023 2:32 AM

Third set.

by Anonymousreply 355March 5, 2023 3:56 AM

0-0 third set.

40 all.

by Anonymousreply 356March 5, 2023 3:57 AM

Advantage Minotaur.

by Anonymousreply 357March 5, 2023 4:04 AM

3-0 Minotaur.

by Anonymousreply 358March 5, 2023 4:13 AM

5-0 Minotaur.

by Anonymousreply 359March 5, 2023 4:35 AM

5-1, 40-0 Minotaur.

by Anonymousreply 360March 5, 2023 4:37 AM

Minotaur wins.

by Anonymousreply 361March 5, 2023 4:38 AM

Pam is coaching Vekic.

by Anonymousreply 362March 5, 2023 9:35 AM

good for Demon but the hat is ridic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363March 5, 2023 9:24 PM

Jarry wins second set. Now on to the third set.

by Anonymousreply 364March 5, 2023 11:25 PM

Jesus, these nicknames are so infantile and tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 365March 5, 2023 11:50 PM

Jarry and Vekic win.

by Anonymousreply 366March 6, 2023 12:12 AM

R362, Pam's fingered Vekic for number one and hopes to eventually go all the way with her and then write a book about it.

by Anonymousreply 367March 6, 2023 1:11 AM

Jesus R365, silly nicknames are DL Tennis Thread lore.

Let people have their fun, Hall Monitor.

by Anonymousreply 368March 6, 2023 10:33 AM

here, R365

you can thank me later

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 6, 2023 10:58 AM

Garcia has been losing some matches lately she shouldn't. The one to Parks in France, and she choked the 3rd set vs. Vekic, who seems solidly dull. Garcia will have enormous pressure on her as the FO gears up. I wonder how she'll handle it. Her net approaches were really slow, and the ball went flat on her racket.

by Anonymousreply 370March 6, 2023 11:06 AM

[quote]Garcia will have enormous pressure on her as the FO gears up. I wonder how she'll handle it.

She'll probably peter out in round 2 or 3. Been there, done that. Thank God for Wimbledon and the Aus Open.

by Anonymousreply 371March 6, 2023 4:56 PM

Don't like Garcia. Walks around like someone with a chip on her shoulder. Weird for someone has not won a major.

by Anonymousreply 372March 6, 2023 5:59 PM

Novak out of Indian Wells. Makes stupid personal decisions, win stupid prizes.

by Anonymousreply 373March 6, 2023 9:34 PM

^ link pls

by Anonymousreply 374March 6, 2023 9:43 PM

Link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 6, 2023 11:03 PM

TY R375

by Anonymousreply 376March 6, 2023 11:05 PM

Nadal team or Seb Korda team?

by Anonymousreply 377March 7, 2023 3:56 AM

Thiem team or Federer team?

by Anonymousreply 378March 7, 2023 4:02 AM

The Kokk advances in qualies, that's good.

by Anonymousreply 379March 7, 2023 10:17 PM

Three of my Best Boys: Marcos, Ugo and Pedro through in the first round so far.

by Anonymousreply 380March 8, 2023 9:23 PM

Which Pedro? Andujar?

by Anonymousreply 381March 8, 2023 9:28 PM

Wow, Nakashima just took down Big John in straights.

by Anonymousreply 382March 8, 2023 9:31 PM

OMG check out this dubs match

Felix and Shapo v Rune and Shelton

*cums*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383March 8, 2023 9:40 PM

It's Indian Wells. I always enjoy the Sunshine Double.

by Anonymousreply 384March 8, 2023 9:40 PM

Djoko sucks. And since finding out his father is pro-Putin, I've hated him even more. I don't even want to try to find out if Novak is also a Putin-lover because I don't want to get even more furious about the jackass. I look forward to him retiring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 8, 2023 9:41 PM

R381 Pretty, Poutin' Packin' Pedro Cachin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386March 8, 2023 9:46 PM

*Also, Andujar is a Pablo

by Anonymousreply 387March 8, 2023 9:51 PM

^ you're right, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 388March 8, 2023 9:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!