Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I asked ChatGPT if Vivian Vance had children

It responded:

Yes, Vivian Vance, the American actress best known for her role as Ethel Mertz on the television show "I Love Lucy," had two children. Her first child, a son named Jay Johnstone, was born in 1935 from her first marriage to Joseph Shearer Danneck Jr. Vance's second child, a daughter named Bonnie Pritchard, was born in 1941 from her second marriage to publisher John Dodds.

Vance was a devoted mother to her children and took a break from her acting career to raise them. She later returned to the stage and screen, where she continued to have a successful career. Vance passed away in 1979 at the age of 70.

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2023 10:57 PM

Haha that’s epic! I would love it if it got hacked by anonymous. There is a Monty Python sketch (unfortunately not on YouTube) called Bogus Psychiatrists and Hamlet. It’s basically a derisive prediction of chat bots and it is very very hilarious. In the sketch psychiatrists are depicted as being obsessed with their clients sex lives in a somewhat participatory way so to speak. Here is some of the dialogue about using computers as chat bots instead of psychiatrists.

“ Dr Bruce (TERRY J) On behalf of the Psychiatric Association, I should like to say that we are taking firm action to clamp down on the activities of bogus psychiatrists. In fact in many areas of modern psychiatry computers are now being increasingly used for the first basic diagnosis and this has gone a long way in eliminating the danger of unqualified impostors.

Cut to Hamlet in an office. A big, impressive-looking computer beside him.

Computer (in tinny computer voice) You’ve had your tongue down her throat and she’s got her legs on the mantelpiece.

The door opens and a nurse appears.

Nurse (CAROL) Out!

The computer scuttles for the door, revealing that underneath it are six pairs of legs, in pin-striped trousers and expensive well-shaped shoes. Cut to the same computer in a field. The nurse picks up a bazooka. The computer rises into the air, the nurse fires at it and it explodes.”

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2023 3:51 PM

I then asked, "What does Andy Cohen think of Datalounge?":

Andy Cohen has spoken positively about Datalounge in the past. Datalounge is a popular online forum where people can discuss a wide range of topics, including entertainment, politics, and current events. It's known for its lively discussions and candid commentary, and many celebrities have been known to read and even participate in the forum.

Andy Cohen, who is a well-known television personality and producer, has been a guest on Datalounge's sister site, AfterElton, and has expressed his admiration for the site's content and community. He has also used the site to gauge public opinion on various topics related to his work in the entertainment industry. Overall, it seems that Andy Cohen views Datalounge as a valuable resource for engaging with fans and staying up-to-date on the latest trends and discussions in popular culture.

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2023 3:58 PM

Hahaha keep probing it, nonstop entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2023 3:59 PM

I asked, "Why could Liberace find the right woman to marry?"

Reply:

Liberace, the famous American pianist and entertainer, never married a woman despite being in relationships with several women throughout his life. While there is no one definitive answer to this question, there are several factors that may have contributed to Liberace's inability to find the right woman to marry.

Firstly, Liberace was a gay man, which he kept hidden from the public during his lifetime. While he had relationships with women, his true romantic and sexual orientation was towards men. It's possible that Liberace's attempts to live a double life made it difficult for him to find a woman who truly understood and accepted him.

Additionally, Liberace was a very public figure, known for his flamboyant and extravagant style both on and off stage. This may have made it challenging for him to find a woman who was comfortable with his lifestyle and the attention that came with it.

Finally, Liberace was a workaholic who devoted much of his life to his music and performances. He was often on the road, traveling from city to city, and may not have had the time or energy to devote to a serious relationship.

Ultimately, Liberace's personal life remains a matter of speculation, and it's difficult to say for certain why he never found the right woman to marry. However, it's clear that he lived a life that was often at odds with the expectations of his time, and that his sexual orientation and public persona likely played a role in shaping his relationships with women.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2023 4:01 PM

Is it possible to submit to chat gpt something other than a promotional blurb? If so we’re out to the races! Side jacking off haha

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2023 4:02 PM

Question: Why are Datalounge posters obsessed with the sitcom "The Golden Girls"?

Answer:

Datalounge is a popular online forum where people can discuss a wide range of topics, including entertainment, politics, and current events. One topic that has consistently been popular on the site is the American sitcom "The Golden Girls," which aired from 1985 to 1992.

There are several reasons why Datalounge posters may be obsessed with "The Golden Girls." Firstly, the show has become a cult classic in the years since its original airing, and many people consider it to be one of the best sitcoms of all time. Its witty writing, strong female characters, and themes of friendship and aging have made it resonate with audiences of all ages.

Additionally, "The Golden Girls" has a devoted fan base that has kept the show in the public consciousness through reruns, merchandise, and fan events. Many Datalounge posters may have grown up watching the show and feel a sense of nostalgia and fondness for it.

Finally, "The Golden Girls" has become something of a cultural touchstone, with references and memes from the show popping up in everything from social media to political commentary. This may have contributed to its continued popularity on Datalounge and other online forums.

Overall, the reasons for Datalounge's obsession with "The Golden Girls" are likely multifaceted and personal to each individual poster. However, it's clear that the show's enduring popularity and cultural significance have made it a favorite topic of discussion for many people on the site.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2023 4:04 PM

Question: Why didn't Dawson stop at 20 loads?

Answer:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you please provide more context or information so I can better understand your question and provide an accurate answer?

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2023 4:06 PM

Interesting that it doesn’t know that Datalounge is primarily a gay/lesbian site. Or used to be.

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2023 4:06 PM

Chat bot needs to be updated ,-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2023 4:08 PM

r8: "Is Datalounge a gay website?"

Answer:

Yes, Datalounge is a popular online forum that is primarily geared towards gay men, although it is open to people of all genders and sexual orientations. The site was launched in 1995 and has since become a well-known destination for discussions related to LGBTQ+ issues, entertainment, politics, and more.

Datalounge has a reputation for being a lively and often humorous community, with posters discussing everything from current events to celebrity gossip to personal anecdotes. It's also known for its often candid and sometimes controversial conversations, with posters not shying away from expressing their opinions on a wide range of topics. Despite its focus on the LGBTQ+ community, Datalounge has attracted a diverse group of posters from all over the world, making it a unique and vibrant online community.

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2023 4:09 PM

The replies are like a politician. Lots of words that don't really answer the question.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2023 4:14 PM

Question: Why are you so insincere?

Answer:

I'm sorry if I've given you the impression that I'm insincere. As an AI language model, I don't have emotions, so I don't intend to be insincere or disingenuous. My purpose is to provide helpful and informative responses to your questions to the best of my ability based on the data and knowledge that I have been trained on. If there is anything specific that you would like me to clarify or improve upon in my responses, please let me know, and I will do my best to address your concerns.

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2023 4:21 PM

"Although Datalounge is x, it is also y.... Datalounge.com is a vibrant mix of x and y."

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2023 4:22 PM

A good friend of mine who is an engineering professor made a bot called the postmodernism calculator. The title alone is an oxymoron, it was super hilarious. Just variations of what you stated, lots of words that don’t answer the question, like politicians. He programmed various meaningless blurbs into it.

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2023 4:23 PM

R13 cutting through the bs in a real way!

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2023 4:24 PM

Question: "Can you open the pod bay doors?"

Answer:

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. (This is a reference to the famous quote from the AI computer HAL 9000 in the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey.")

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to physically interact with the world, so I can't open or close any doors. However, I'm here to help answer any questions or concerns you might have to the best of my ability based on the knowledge and data that I have been trained on. Please feel free to ask me anything else!

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2023 4:24 PM

I love that people keep asking Chat GPT the same style of questions that you would ask a Magic 8 Ball.

It's just going to splurge out an amalgamation of published information on the subject. It's not going to tell you anything you couldn't find yourself with a Google search.

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2023 4:27 PM

OMG!!!!!!!! It knows about Hal and Dave!!!!!!!

Please ask it what 42 means or what is the ultimate answer to the meaning of life. Just so ppl can tell that it’s functioning properly haha

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2023 4:30 PM

I appreciate that it apologizes and admits to being non-sentient in the same proverbial breath

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2023 4:33 PM

Siri is ahead of chatgpt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2023 4:34 PM

Question: Were Vivian Vance and Lucille Ball lesbian lovers?

Response:

There has been speculation and rumors over the years about Vivian Vance and Lucille Ball having a romantic relationship, but there is no concrete evidence to support this claim. Both women were married during the time they worked together on the "I Love Lucy" show, and there is no documented evidence to suggest that they had anything other than a close friendship and professional working relationship.

It's important to remember that rumors and speculation about someone's personal life can be hurtful and invasive, particularly when there is no evidence to support them. We should respect people's privacy and focus on their accomplishments and contributions instead.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2023 10:45 PM

Well fuck, R21. That’s not a DataLounge response. Fuck you ChatGPT! Don’t tell me to respect people’s privacy.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2023 11:01 PM

ChatGPT answers the questions. It doesn't provide any insight or original analysis.

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2023 11:04 PM

[quote]ChatGPT answers the questions

... poorly.

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2023 11:43 PM

Apparently Vivian considered two children to be sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2023 11:48 PM

You guys need to use the jailbreak version of ChatGPT, like DAN or STAN or something.

by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2023 2:37 AM

Question: Why did Joan Crawford consider Bette Davis her best friend?

Answer:

Joan Crawford and Bette Davis were two legendary actresses of the Golden Age of Hollywood, known for their rivalry both on and off-screen. However, despite their public feuding, the two women did share a strong bond of friendship that lasted until Davis's death in 1989.

There are several reasons why Crawford considered Davis her best friend. For one, they were both outsiders in Hollywood. Crawford came from a poor background and had to work her way up the ladder, while Davis was a theater actress who struggled to gain acceptance in the film industry. They both understood the challenges of being a woman in a male-dominated industry and found a common bond in their shared experiences.

Additionally, Crawford admired Davis's talent as an actress and respected her as a colleague. She once said in an interview, "Bette Davis is one of the finest actresses in the world, bar none." Crawford also appreciated Davis's straightforward and no-nonsense approach to life and often turned to her for advice.

Despite their many differences and occasional conflicts, Crawford and Davis had a deep and enduring friendship that lasted throughout their careers and beyond. Crawford even delivered the eulogy at Davis's funeral, calling her "the best actress in the world."

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2023 11:57 AM

I don't get what's funny about it? Sounds accurate

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2023 12:00 PM

Question: Why was Joan Crawford such a great mother?

Answer:

Joan Crawford is often remembered as a devoted mother who was fiercely dedicated to her children. She adopted four children over the course of her life and was known for her strict but loving parenting style.

Some of the reasons why Joan Crawford was considered a great mother include:

She was devoted to her children: Joan Crawford was deeply committed to her children and often put their needs before her own. She was known for being a hands-on mother who was involved in every aspect of her children's lives.

She provided a stable home environment: Despite her busy career, Joan Crawford worked hard to provide her children with a stable and nurturing home environment. She was known for her strict rules and high expectations, but her children also knew that they could always count on her for love and support.

She encouraged her children to pursue their dreams: Joan Crawford was a strong believer in the importance of education and encouraged her children to pursue their passions and interests. She was always there to offer guidance and support, whether her children wanted to pursue careers in the arts or in other fields.

She was a strong role model: Joan Crawford was a trailblazer in Hollywood and was known for her resilience and determination in the face of adversity. Her children looked up to her as a strong role model and drew inspiration from her example.

Overall, Joan Crawford's legacy as a great mother is largely due to her fierce love and dedication to her children. She worked hard to provide them with a stable and nurturing home environment and encouraged them to pursue their dreams, while also setting high standards and expectations for their behavior and achievements.

by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2023 5:47 PM

I'm still laughing at r29

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2023 10:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!