Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix/BBC 3 Series: Red Rose

Has anyone seen it? It’s Scooby Doo, Goonies and Scream all rolled into one. Teens in drab Bolton, UK, download an app and are drawn into a mysterious and deadly real life video game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2023 2:50 AM

It was worth watching. It wasn’t great, but it was ok. I have trouble sitting through tv shows that bore me with. repetitive tropes but I watched all the episodes. I doubt I’d watch a series two because…where are they going to go with the series premise? Once you know who the bad guys are and what they’re doing, that’s it.

It was refreshing not to see Keeley Hawes, Nicola Walker, Lesley Manville, Matthew McFayden, Kerry Condon, Lindsay Duncan, Tobias Menzies or any other of the repeated faces from British drama. Just a bunch of kids being physically and mentally tormented.

by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2023 10:54 PM

Just finished it. Wild ride. Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 2February 24, 2023 1:43 AM

I wanted to get a look at Bolton Uk after watching this, so I went to a real estate page and looked at houses for sale and ….. wow. Just wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 24, 2023 9:33 PM

I guess living in the suburbs of Manchester isn’t that desirable?

by Anonymousreply 4February 24, 2023 10:05 PM

The houses are shit. What’s with all that crappy wallpaper? And tiny hallways masquerading as bedrooms. I guess the mini fireplaces in the living rooms (lounges) is because they didn’t have central heating when they were built.

They are depressing. I didn’t even know they still had money-operated electricity boxes in houses. I thought that went away in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 5February 24, 2023 10:15 PM

Bolton is pretty varied. There are tree-lined avenues of grand Victorian villas and mansions as well as this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6February 24, 2023 10:29 PM

The boy playing Antony was cute, but the acting in general wasn’t the greatest. Still, a fine background show.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2023 2:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!