Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are there actual dating apps/sites that are for people interested in dating and a relationship?

Or are they all hookup apps like Grindr and Scruff where the dates are intended to last less than an hour and real first names are optional?

Of course, they're all going to have some hookup potential, you know - gay men. But, do people actually try to find real dates online anymore?

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 1:29 PM

All hook ups

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2023 10:03 PM

I suspect if someone created a site for gay men to find relationships, it would quickly close due to lack of users.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2023 10:18 PM

OP there are predominantly straight sites that do have men-seeking-men sections, like match.com and OkCupid

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2023 10:20 PM

OK Cupid was designed for people who wanted to date. Then they jacked up the price tremendously ($35/month) and copied the swipe left/swipe right thing. They have a free tier but I don't know what it gets you.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2023 10:31 PM

I met my husband on Tinder. If you create a profile that’s personality and interests driven you can find your fellow traveler.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2023 10:32 PM

Most gay men don't want relationships. Only casual sucking & fucking no strings attached.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2023 10:36 PM

It's not the apps...gay man are whores.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2023 11:11 PM

A deep dive podcast on dating apps and their algorithms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2023 5:46 AM

Hinge is really the best app for gay professionals up to about 45 or so. Every date I've been on Hinge has been with decent,. smart, successful guys.

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2023 6:18 AM

R5 How long after connecting on Tinder did you two get naked? I'm curious about how long men who are looking for a 'relationship' take to have sex. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 2:17 PM

Funny that Doublelist is free- and has a dating section- but it's all hookups.

Same for Craigslist, before the fraus shut it down.

When the internet shut all the bars down, you finally realized no one really wants to 'socialize' (or date).

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 2:29 PM

I’m wIlling to wait until maybe the 3rd date.

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 2:30 PM

What about love? Don't you want someone to care about you? What about love? Don't let it slip away. What about love? I only want to share with you. You might need it someday.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 10:15 PM

<- What's love got to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!