Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: And One For My Homie

A Teaspoon For His Ace Boon

Brad cracks a forty....of gelato, for his G, Britta.

Respect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 15, 2023 3:27 AM

I know this is a little belated, but the two-month long primetime suddenly lifted and I needed to get this in quick! It finally let me post again last week, but wouldn't allow me to start a thread so I sat on this.

Welcome back!

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2023 10:49 PM

I miss The Britch.

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2023 10:57 PM

I think Britt's death might go into the GH record books as one that might actually stick. Nik's, on the other hand...something is definitely off there. Ava never went back to look at the "body?" She just took Austin's word for it that he's dead? I suspect Austin and/or Mason is hanging on to him for some nefarious purpose. Ransom, perhaps, or bargaining chip for some other reason. Maybe Austin can use him in exchange for getting out from under whatever mob he's affiliated with. A Cassadine would be quite valuable, even if it is a schmuck.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2023 11:32 PM

Could Austin be keeping Nick alive so he can have Ava all to himself?

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2023 11:38 PM

They should do a diabetes storyline with Maxie.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2023 11:47 PM

[quote]Could Austin be keeping Nick alive so he can have Ava all to himself?

That theory might be easier to buy into if he had shown some previous mad crush or stalkerish intent, but their friendship seems pretty new and early for all that. Why tell Ava that Nik is dead, when he could have just as easily chased him off to Cassadine Island with a threat that he knows the full truth and could get him busted? That would effectively eliminate him as romantic competition.

Going down a whole different avenue- The working theory in most quarters has been that the female boss who Austin and Mason are working under is Olivia Jerome, but what if it is actually Helena? That introduces a completely different dynamic. Ava could represent a threat to either side, and I won't be at all surprised to see that Nik's death/disappearance is part of a carefully orchestrated gaslighting campaign to usurp Queen Ava.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2023 12:26 AM

Ava has been watered down. She’s not a threat to anyone. I had to laugh at the scene of her and Liz in the chapel a few weeks ago. The woman was bawling over Nik two minutes before. She’s a joke.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2023 12:37 AM

Putting Britt's photo on the GH Hall of Fame certainly looks like KT told the show she's never coming back.

Seems like she totally upended her life by moving overseas to be with her boyfriend and starting a new life. That must be some great dick.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2023 10:38 PM

Maybe Austin is fucking Nik’s corpse. I enjoyed him referring to Spencer as Ava’s “super handsome stepson.”

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2023 10:42 PM

[quote]I enjoyed him referring to Spencer as Ava’s “super handsome stepson.”

That could explain the Maxie thing, then, classic fag hag-beard setup. Don't recall any kind of sex romps ever being part of their routine and God knows Maxie would babble on about it if they were.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2023 11:10 PM

Spencer‘s ability to show up at Curtis and Portia’s wedding in full black tie at a moment’s notice was pretty cute.

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2023 1:59 PM

I thought so too, R11.

I really like Spencer and Trina. I just don’t understand why TPTB are taking so long with them. I think NAC has maybe two years left on his contract? No way he’s sticking around. Joss has already done through Cam and Dev while Spencer and Trina haven’t even kissed yet.

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2023 7:08 PM

R12, Joss comes from a long line of floozies. Spencer is an old-fashioned gal.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2023 7:27 PM

NAC is up for renewal next summer (2024). Maybe TBTP think they can keep him around or successfully recast—I am skeptical of either scenario.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2023 1:29 AM

Mark Teschner struck gold with NAC. They won’t get that again with another actor in the younger set. If NAC is out then AP will be carrying that set on her back.

by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2023 1:47 AM

NAC isn’t as good as HE thinks he is. He won’t have a career after GH.

by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2023 8:50 AM

Chavez is developing a face for "theatre."

by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2023 9:26 AM

Not letting cunt Willow die is more egregious than keeping Peter August for the entirety of Wes Ramsey's contract.

by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2023 10:09 AM

NAC is aging poorly. He was cute for literally 5 minutes. Now he just annoys me how he tries to act all alpha.

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2023 10:25 AM

Ava's ugly ass choir gown is available for only $550.00.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2023 10:54 AM

I hope Dex kicks the crap outta Spence soon. God I hate that greasy fuckhead.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2023 3:12 AM

I don’t get the hate for Spence. I could watch a whole hour of just him in a suit. Moody soap characters are so hot.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2023 3:21 AM

I am team Dex. I have never liked the Spence character. His acting is average. His acting choices make him more like a petulant lil bitch than being from a family of baddies. The mythical Cassdines. He and Marcus Coloma were perfect together as poor actors.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2023 3:25 AM

I can’t stand Chavez who thinks his shit don’t stink. Leave GH and see how far you get, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2023 4:32 AM

Someone posted this on R. And I wholly agree. The asshole character has outstayed his welcome. I ff through his scenes now as they disgust me.

Does Spencer need to be on every day? Oh my gosh, I am sick and tired of seeing him every single day. He is an entitled, selfish, condescending, and arrogant jerk. He needs to have either his butt seriously kicked or be knocked down multiple notches or both. He was incredibly rude at the wedding and was a jerk to Joss and Dex. It is none of his business why Joss likes Dex or what she does with Dex. He proved once again today that he has no business raising a child.

by Anonymousreply 25February 14, 2023 6:32 AM

I’d rather watch NAC than most of these dreadful actors. And Spencer is supposed to be spoiled and entitled - he’s a CASSADINE. He’s rude to Dex because he cares for Cameron. Meanwhile, Josslyn is one of the biggest assholes on the show. The character is wildly unpopular so now Frank has Eden McCoy posting pics with Tabyana Ali everyday to get support from the Sprina fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 26February 14, 2023 6:44 AM

Cameron is another "actor" I hate. He is below everyone on this show. Spence is not a "Cassdine", his character is just an asshole. I love both Dex and Joss. I don't give a shit for Sprina or Trina or Spence. I don't give a shit if the "fans" like them.

by Anonymousreply 27February 14, 2023 7:00 AM

[quote]They should do a diabetes storyline with Maxie.

If this were the '90s, Maxie would be getting the "Paulina on Another World" treatment. The actress gained weight and it became the character's storyline. The husband was telling her "Baby, I love you at any size!" but she still got hooked on diet pills, had a car accident, accidentally started a house fire, had to go to rehab, etc.

by Anonymousreply 28February 14, 2023 8:19 AM

You remember Another World! OMFG. I used to watch it back in the late 80s and 90s, I loved Annie Heche as the twins. She was so bent and tortured in real life and played the twins that way. Last week I watched about 50 clips of AW on YT and I fucking hated every character! How sad that I watched it every day for over 12 years and didn't remember one thing from re-watching. Cass annoyed the fuck out of me how he acted after Frankie was killed. Funny that the fans considered killing her off and the other cop are the two things that killed the show. The main cast of AW totally pissed me off (whilst rewatching). John Bolger was the sexiest whitemeat though. Too bad he wasn't always naked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 14, 2023 9:00 AM

It's too early in the morning for R29 's brand of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2023 9:42 AM

R30 ain't wrong. You'd have to have been fucking crazy to waste a second on the shit show that was Another World. Fucking garbage.

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2023 9:47 AM

R29 John Bolger was our waiter at Sign of the Dove during my first trip to NYC back in 1991. It was the first trip my now late husband ever took me on. I miss my boy.

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2023 12:11 PM

I'm glad someone else said it. Chavez is good in the role, but he's not exactly hot. He's got a weird face and what looks to be a huge head. The kid who plays Cameron is cute, but he looks like a baby. He can't play adult stories. The guy who plays Dex is hot, in the way that soap opera actors should be hot. And he's got that voice that really works for the character.

by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2023 12:19 PM

That crazy KooKoodora diddles her snatch over Annie Heche. Koo koo.

by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2023 12:19 PM

R34 Fuck off, Janbot. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2023 1:07 PM

R27 = Laura Wright

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2023 2:12 PM

Dex actor has the same range as MC. He stands around and looks stupid which works in scenes with mouth breather Eden McCoy.

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2023 2:14 PM

Everyone has an opinion about all the actors. None of them are right. Everyone has a fudgey asshole. Everyone has an opinion.

fudgey A guy that absolutely refuses to acknowledge his overt homosexuality despite his co-workers willingness to accept him as he is. What's up with fudgey over there? Why doesn't Ryan come clean with his male on male interests?

by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2023 2:29 PM

Has Chipmunk looking Joss been hooked yet?

by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2023 2:49 PM

Only on DL would one find a Spencer backlash—the character and performance have reenergized the show over the last couple of years.

It’s funny to watch him bully Dex and overstate his own influence on Sonny. I like Spencer and Joss at each other’s throats. And it’s really fucking dumb of Dex to find an excuse to be at the wedding just so he could spend time with Joss. When both of his bosses (Sonny and Michael) find out he’s boning Joss, he’s screwed—if anything, Spencer is doing him a favor.

by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2023 3:28 PM

Have to agree that Joss and Carly are the two biggest assholes on the show.

by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2023 4:08 PM

Chavez can leave now. Please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2023 4:34 PM

Can we have primetime back, please, Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 43February 14, 2023 4:42 PM

I hope Dr Robinson stays around and gets into a “bit of fun” in the steam room with Chase, Yuri, Zeke and Dr. TJ. If he’s lucky Spencer can watch the door and play with himself.

by Anonymousreply 44February 14, 2023 7:49 PM

GH 60th Anniversary cast photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 14, 2023 7:49 PM

No Monica, no Gladys, no Fat Amy. Who else?

by Anonymousreply 46February 14, 2023 7:57 PM

That Irish Pub looks a lot like the Tan-O. Including no customers.

by Anonymousreply 47February 14, 2023 7:57 PM

I'm glad the box of open letters from Esme were right there under the bar.

This show.

by Anonymousreply 48February 14, 2023 7:59 PM

Where else would they be???

by Anonymousreply 49February 14, 2023 8:01 PM

Where's Monica?

Can't they at least photo shop her into the cast photo?

by Anonymousreply 50February 14, 2023 8:37 PM

Am I overlooking someone. Where Ava?

Where's Martin Gray?

Where's Taggert?

Where's Aunt Stella?

by Anonymousreply 51February 14, 2023 8:41 PM

Where's Heather (Ally Mills)?

Where's Gregory Chase (Gregory Harrison)?

Where's Mason (Austin's cousin)?

Where Linc (Brooke Lynn's old manager)?

by Anonymousreply 52February 14, 2023 8:49 PM

Some of those people are there. Ava (with pouffier hair than usual) is behind Finn and Violet. Stella's over to the far right between Mrs. Wu and Jordan. Isn't that Gregory next to Dex and behind Laura?

by Anonymousreply 53February 14, 2023 9:26 PM

Yeah, Gregory’s there.

by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2023 9:30 PM

Who's the woman in black sitting beside Elizabeth in front of Ned?

by Anonymousreply 55February 14, 2023 9:42 PM

At least they had the good sense to have Genie front and center. Iffy placement though… why is Cameron not with his mother? And why is Liz constantly forced to be around Finn and that stupid kid of his? Why are Violet and Wiley the only kids who get to be apart of these things? They also have photos in the opening credits. And is LC really that ill she can’t be part of a photo shoot? I’m guessing Frank didn’t even ask.

by Anonymousreply 56February 14, 2023 9:44 PM

[quote]Who's the woman in black sitting beside Elizabeth in front of Ned?

Jane Elliot, soon reprising Tracy Q.

by Anonymousreply 57February 14, 2023 9:45 PM

Why in the world a recurring characters Gregory and Terry so prominently placed in the center of the photo while longtime vets like Mac and Felicia and Scotty, Boobie, Anna and Robert are off to the side?

Why is Victor, the show's number one villain right now, put way off to the side. He should be front and center. They should have him where Gregory Chase is. At least Victor is on contract.

by Anonymousreply 58February 14, 2023 9:46 PM

[quote]Jane Elliot, soon reprising Tracy Q.

Jane needs to go back to dying her hair redish brown.

by Anonymousreply 59February 14, 2023 9:47 PM

Isn’t Terry on contract?

Maxie is even fatter. Good thing they decided to hide her.

Most of the vets are barely visible and off to the side. Of course, Mo and Laura had to be seated front and center!

by Anonymousreply 60February 14, 2023 9:49 PM

This photo also shows how ridiculously large this cast is. And folks are missing. They could easily get rid of a good ten actors and put that money back into wardrobe and better sets.

by Anonymousreply 61February 14, 2023 9:50 PM

Puffier hair is not a good look for Maura West. Not flattering to her.

And at least Maxie is wearing black. After all, it's slimming.

by Anonymousreply 62February 14, 2023 9:58 PM

60 years? Time sure flies. Seems like yesterday it was the 50th anniversary here with DL complaining about the bloated cast.

Here's to another decade of complaining about Fat Maxie

by Anonymousreply 63February 14, 2023 11:09 PM

R61 Better sets, turd brain. Compared to the four lame sets YnR has been using for how many years now! Surely you jest.

by Anonymousreply 64February 14, 2023 11:32 PM

GH might have a ton of sets but they all look cheap especially the new Q mansion and garbage like the axe throwing set and that one coffee shop with the plants shooting out of the walls.

by Anonymousreply 65February 14, 2023 11:50 PM

GH has nice sets, but it doesn't make up for the piss poor writing. The Liz story was a bust. Carly keeping the secret about Nina and Willow with zero consequences for Carly - a bust. The Hook Killer - a bust. The return of Heather - a bust. And I could go on and on. The only thing that really holds the show together is the acting.

GH needs to get it together. The show is now in last place and I'm sure that ABC would like to develop some kind of cheap to produce news show.

by Anonymousreply 66February 15, 2023 12:03 AM

R66 You speak the truth. How long has it been since GH had an actually good story with compelling characters. Now they have fucking moron Nick Chavez and the black bimbo he is supposedly in love with. Talk about a fucking nothingburger.

by Anonymousreply 67February 15, 2023 12:15 AM

Poor Monica is in terrible health. Lezzy Charleson is expected to pass any day now….

by Anonymousreply 68February 15, 2023 12:34 AM

Thrilled to finally block you, R67.

by Anonymousreply 69February 15, 2023 12:43 AM

The writing is terrible but Frank also needs to go. He has his favorites and is way too involved in stories.

by Anonymousreply 70February 15, 2023 12:44 AM

[quote]The writing is terrible but Frank also needs to go. He has his favorites and is way too involved in stories.

Who do you propose replacing Frank with? Who do you propose replacing the writers with?

by Anonymousreply 71February 15, 2023 1:06 AM

I miss the days of trolldar when you could hit a questionable post and half the thread would light up like a Christmas tree. It was a much more efficient system.

by Anonymousreply 72February 15, 2023 1:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 15, 2023 6:34 AM

GH phucking sucks and its extremely toxic fanbase sucks.

by Anonymousreply 74February 15, 2023 7:24 AM

Oh no! That big fat fucking slob asshole CaseySHutch is getting fatter because he got dumped on Valentine’s Day. Ha ha ha asshole. And you can shove Sprina up your fat ass!

by Anonymousreply 75February 15, 2023 8:39 AM

GH probably doesn't pay Parry Shen's car insurance. How do some of these people make a living appearing once a month?

by Anonymousreply 76February 15, 2023 9:25 AM

R76 Parry Shen also does voice acting work for TV and video games.

by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2023 9:34 AM

Perry Shen is all up in Frank’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2023 11:06 AM

He should focus on that since he’s a terrible on camera actor.

by Anonymousreply 79February 15, 2023 11:38 AM

Marcus Coloma on damage control doing interviews all over the place after his little scientology power move of refusing to do his final scenes backfired. Did he really think that a nobody such as himself could behave this way and still be employable afterwards?

I continue to be baffled by the Sprina craze. They have no chemistry. They also don't look right together due to the height difference and her raspy baby voice is very off-putting. I've read bizarre comments such as she is the "heroine" of the show and the "new star" of GH and just shake my head. Someone defending the height difference said it's no different than tiny Susan Lucci and her various partners over the years. Trina actress is NOT Susan Lucci. Her fans are demented. I'm also over NAC, it's all gone to his head. Yes he can act but I believe he will go the way of Bryan Craig when he leaves, no one will be beating down his door. The multi-level Patreon fan club NAC started for himself with tiers of $30/$40/$50 really turned me off to him permanently. He also does impromptu Zooms where he charges fans. Another Steve Burton milking the fans. You can take the car salesman out of the Florida Hyundai dealership but you can't take smarminess out of the salesman. Trina actress also did the patreon thing but she charges less for her various tiers.

by Anonymousreply 80February 15, 2023 11:46 AM

Alot of the Sprina crap was started by those idiots Sarapa and fat Casey on The Chat podcast. Because that squeaky voiced Trina actress was nice to them, they love her and can’t look beyond her kissing their asses. She is a horrible actress and Sprina has zero chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 81February 15, 2023 11:50 AM

The Sprina thing started when Mykala was in the role, when their meet/cute had possibility. GH fans are like dogs that never met a bone they didn't like, and will ship these two no matter who plays them.

by Anonymousreply 82February 15, 2023 12:29 PM

I miss watching Dateline

by Anonymousreply 83February 15, 2023 12:33 PM

The Patreon stuff doesn’t bother me—it’s just doing a fan event but cutting out the middle man. GH stans can be toxic, so creating a barrier to entry to ensure a friendly (Zoom) room seems smart. And this level of fan engagement is work that should be compensated. It’s not like they’re selling vitamins or flat tummy tea.

by Anonymousreply 84February 15, 2023 1:39 PM

Oh, gee. I thought these were professional actors who wanted to be able to support themselves through their craft. Not grifting deranged fraus.

by Anonymousreply 85February 15, 2023 4:50 PM

I don’t understand how it’s a grift. They’re selling access and interaction. Is Cameo a grift? What about a speaking engagement at a university?

by Anonymousreply 86February 15, 2023 5:20 PM

Its just how fandom has evolved with the stars learning how to make money off their adoring fans.

First time I ever heard of a star charging money for an autograph, I was shocked and outraged. Couldn't believe anyone would actually do that. How gauche!! But now, stars charging for autographs is pretty much standard operating procedure at fan shows, conventions, etc.

by Anonymousreply 87February 15, 2023 5:44 PM

"I don’t understand how it’s a grift. They’re selling access and interaction. Is Cameo a grift? What about a speaking engagement at a university?"

That's not being an actor. That's being a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 88February 15, 2023 5:48 PM

Well, welcome to 2023.

by Anonymousreply 89February 15, 2023 5:51 PM

/ Booking.com

by Anonymousreply 90February 15, 2023 5:52 PM

It's not grifting, it's greed with out-of-control ego in my opinion.

Patreon is a recurring monthly credit card charge not a one-time event fee. YTers have to create some kind of content to charge for this Patreon membership, content such as travel, recipes, ASMR, etc. The levels of membership for this content are usually nominal amounts such as $5, $10 or $15 not NAC's outrageous $30/$40/$50. This guy isn't creating any content or providing information, no work involved at all. He is charging for the privilege of looking at him, talking about himself and answering questions about himself such as what's your favorite ice cream flavor. His impromptu Zoom events when he "jumps online" to announce he has a few extra minutes to "chat" are quick cash/money grabs. He sometimes does cheesy giveaways for his money grabs like "l'll sign this cheap Christmas tree ornament and send it to first person who makes a 'donation' (or whatever they call the fundraising during those "live" sessions). It's the epitome of arrogance especially at his prices. It's not some fan event once or twice a year where you pay a one-time entrance fee to see/meet your favorite soap actor. Like I said, oily car salesman.

Basically he's creating passive income with the recurring monthly "membership" credit card charges while not having to deliver anything. Cameo isn't passive income.

These Sprina loons are deaf, dumb, blind and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 91February 16, 2023 1:40 AM

Listen, soap folks don't get the guarantees and episodes and salaries that they once did. I bet NAC is still on his first contract, I doubt he's making more $1500 an episode - if that. Let's say his contract gives him 2 episodes a week. That's 104 episodes a year @ $1500. That's $156,000 a year in LA. You take out agent and manager fees, plus taxes and the general LA cost of living, you can see why he's on Cameo or Patreon or OnlyFans or whatever. Every little bit helps.

by Anonymousreply 92February 16, 2023 1:51 AM

NAC is scum.

by Anonymousreply 93February 16, 2023 7:39 AM

Baby voiced Trina2 and scruffy, greasy looking, old looking Spence are perfect for each other. God I fucking hate this show now. Today I fast forwarded the entire episode. Not one story I like. GH is nothing but fake drama that no one gives any fucks for.

by Anonymousreply 94February 16, 2023 9:46 AM

I still don't think any of TPTB watch the actual air show. It's such a convoluted mess, and nothing gets resolved or leads to anything greater. The Ryan/Heather/Esme show is pure camp, and it's destroyed the Heather character. Putting Ava in that purple garbage bag may have been a bridge too far. Trina looks like Mohawk from Gremlins.

by Anonymousreply 95February 16, 2023 10:00 AM

It is clearly racism why they are doing absolutely fuck all with Garbage Trina and Garbage Spence. But as you say none of the fucking stories get resolved. Like with Nikolas, they could have given him a good way out rather than being bopped on the head with a stupid prop. Of course, we have no fucking idea how they will finish the story. Where is his fucking body? Besides wearing the garbage purple dress, Ava just sits there like nothing after killing Nik in cold blood. I wish I could ship every one of the fucking asshole writers off to Chechnya.

by Anonymousreply 96February 16, 2023 10:17 AM

Wait...why did Ava kill Nikolas?

by Anonymousreply 97February 16, 2023 10:29 AM

She killed him because he stormed off to kidnap Avery. Like that would have happened with Mike in town.

by Anonymousreply 98February 16, 2023 10:31 AM

Prince Nikolas did not approve of Ava's purple garbage bag dress, therefore needed to be silenced.

by Anonymousreply 99February 16, 2023 10:35 AM

That would have been a better way for Nik to go. He sees her going off to the wedding w the purple dress so he snaps her neck and in the panic they both fall down the parapet and snaps his neck too. That'd have been a perfect ending to Prince Nik. Ava is discovered to have nothing but queefing noises on her Iphone. So they suspect she is a man hating lezzie

by Anonymousreply 100February 16, 2023 10:40 AM

OR he could've kidnapped the brat and had Sonny and Ava chasing after him all over the world instead of killing him off...again. What is going on with these writers?

Also? Since when did he get attached to that kid?

by Anonymousreply 101February 16, 2023 11:00 AM

I predict Austin cut a deal with a not dead Nik and they will work together behind the scenes to help each other out. Nik will return during November sweeps in the form of another lame re-casting choice.

by Anonymousreply 102February 16, 2023 11:39 AM

That seems plausible. I hope GH gets canceled before that happens. It truly is fucking awful these days. There is not one character to identify with or root for.

by Anonymousreply 103February 16, 2023 11:45 AM

[quote] I hope GH gets canceled before that happens. It truly is fucking awful these days. There is not one character to identify with or root for.

What a horrible thing to wish for! Are you Brian Frons?

Here's a simple solution. If you don't like the show, don't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 104February 16, 2023 6:31 PM

Anyone who likes Trina or Spence is a fucking moron with no class or intelligence. That is fo sho.

by Anonymousreply 105February 16, 2023 9:54 PM

R105 Truedat.

by Anonymousreply 106February 16, 2023 10:53 PM

How much is LW paying Hair, Makeup and Wardrobe to keep sabotaging MW?

by Anonymousreply 107February 17, 2023 4:29 PM

RIP to Stella Stevens, who long-timers may remember as Jake, the original owner and bartender at Jake's, before it became the Floating Rib. IIRC, she ran the place back when Jason rented a room behind the bar where he and Carly (Sarah Brown) used to meet up for anonymous, no-strings sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 17, 2023 6:56 PM

Stella Stevens also played Robin Mattson's mother on Santa Barbara. Played Phyllis Blake for about a year and a half, 1989-91 or so. She was mother of Mattson's Gina Blake Capwell and of Steve Bond's Mack Blake.

by Anonymousreply 109February 17, 2023 7:07 PM

Oh NO! Not Stella Stevens. God always takes the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 110February 17, 2023 7:22 PM

Trina2's acting was puke inducing on Friday. Fucking bitch cannot act. Even a lil bit. And no one fucking cares about that horrid SL.

by Anonymousreply 111February 18, 2023 10:46 AM

It’s a stretch to call the Trina person an actress. That squeaky voice. I’s rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 112February 18, 2023 11:05 AM

I thought the Trina/Portia/Taggert/Curtis scenes were a Masterclass in bad acting. I always read comments about how amazing Passions alum Brook Kerr is, but she was as bad as the rest.

At least they had the hammy performances of Lindstrom and Mills as a distraction.

Maura has the look of a caged animal who might gnaw off her own leg to escape.

by Anonymousreply 113February 18, 2023 11:11 AM

Curtis is one of the worst. Literally a fucking piece of wood. They try to create all this drama around him. But he's fucking wood, so no one cares. I really really really hate the Trina2 actress and Nik Chavez. I fast forward through them always. The writers have destroyed most of the characters with horrible writing. I loathe Ava now after the retarded Nik killing. I mentioned it upthread but there is not one story I care about right now. I liked Britt. She's dead. I liked NuNik. He's dead. There is nothing left. And even though Avery Pohl is a good actress, she is ruined by horrid writing of a character that is all over the place and now it is in fucking Ireland! Finish the fucking story. I feel sorry for all the actors on this show. They are all being ruined by horrid writing.

by Anonymousreply 114February 18, 2023 11:41 AM

Curtis actor really is awful.

As for NAC possibly trying to subsist on a meager salary of 150k, he spent last summer traveling all over Europe. Not just a one-week vacation but weeks and all over the place. Between that and the Corvette he poses with, it's no wonder he has to charge his fans such high fees for his self-created "fan club".

by Anonymousreply 115February 18, 2023 12:18 PM

I shudder to think what the brain trust has thought up for Tracy when Jane Elliot returns.

by Anonymousreply 116February 18, 2023 12:21 PM

Where exactly has Niks body been all the time? I lost track.

by Anonymousreply 117February 18, 2023 2:02 PM

R92 exactly.

120K might let you live like a King in King of Prussia or in the flyover lands, but he probably sees 50-60K after taxes and agent fees, so yeah, he's got to hustle.

I mean, not literally hustle. That we know of......

by Anonymousreply 118February 18, 2023 2:10 PM

Chavez uses fans for his own$$$ gain and the dumbass fat homos fall for him using them. He’s scum.

by Anonymousreply 119February 18, 2023 2:19 PM

by Anonymousreply 120February 18, 2023 2:32 PM

[quote] I shudder to think what the brain trust has thought up for Tracy when Jane Elliot returns.

They should bring Steve Bond back and have Jimmy Lee and Tracy fight over the Q mansion. Especially if Leslie Charleson is ill and/or dying, as has been suggested.

by Anonymousreply 121February 18, 2023 2:33 PM

I will never fault any actor for monetizing their fame, because they all do it. Even A listers. The soap fandom is so weird with their strange rules about how actors are supposed to be or not be. Every actor should cash in while they can whether it's Cameo or Patreon or endorsing a shampoo and beauty line.

by Anonymousreply 122February 18, 2023 2:45 PM

William Devry was always whoring himself out for money from his fans. Not sure if he is still doing it but good for him.

by Anonymousreply 123February 18, 2023 2:54 PM

I bet some of the actors and actresses have......well, escorted or whored themselves to fans quite literally.

by Anonymousreply 124February 18, 2023 2:57 PM

Well at least be consistent. Don’t give NAC a pass because he’s young and cute but be disgusted with others like Steve Burton when he was doing the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 125February 18, 2023 3:11 PM

When Stafford first joined the show I saw a YT of her first fan event appearance. A bunch of then were sitting on stage and they went down the line with each actor saying a little something about how happy they were to be there and see the fans etc. Stafford instead launches into a spiel about her DVDs (or skincare line) she had for sale on the table at the front door and please stop by and purchase something. Wally Kurth was sitting next to her and gave her such a look it made me love him forever, LOL. Of course, the proceeds of whatever wares she was selling went straight to Scientology but that's another story.

I have no problem with celebrities endorsing products or creating their own product line to sell to the general public. Or even Cameo where they actually have to put in some effort. It's the going directly to the fans for cash or to sell the fan something directly that seems greedy and predatory.

Back in my day fan clubs were set up by fans not by the celebrities themselves and the dues collected didn't go to the celebrity but to the upkeep of the club and getting info out to the fans pre-internet days.

Or maybe NAC just rubs me the wrong way because I find the whole Sprina thing so overblown. They have zero chemistry and as already mentioned her voice is unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 126February 18, 2023 3:15 PM

R103 I don't think they'll cancel it. They'll do what NBC did with Days of Our Lives. They'll put it on their streaming service so you'll have to pay to watch it.

Why does Spencer dump a bottle of Vitalis on his head before every show? The wet head look does nothing for him. I keep hoping Liz will break free from Finn once and for all, but every time I check in they are sniffing around each other. Joss is Carly Jr, but is anyone really surprised by that? At least she has chemistry with Dex. Watching her with Cameron was like watching paint dry.

I hope when they get rid of Ryan this time they kill him and set him on fire. I hate him and there's no need to keep bringing him back. The new Heather is the worst. Robin Mattson made her interesting. This one is just camp.

Sprina? They don't do a thing for me. It was laughable that they had a plane fly over the studio with a Sprina banner. Wonder how much Frank had to pay for that?

by Anonymousreply 127February 18, 2023 3:18 PM

Everything about Trina2 is horrible. She cannot act at all and as mentioned many times her baby voice is an instant dick wilter. Poor NAC having to work with that! Yuck. On Reddit and FB the "fans" won't shut up about Sprina. Fuck do I hate these bitches. Most of them cannot write even one proper sentence! The Grammar Nazis would have a day with these illiterate bimbos.

by Anonymousreply 128February 18, 2023 3:20 PM

I don't get the whole Sprina thing either, but soap fans, especially GH fans are starved for any kind of romance on these shows and that show really is not good at romance. So the fans cling to just about anything in the way of couples for that romance fix.

[quote]Back in my day fan clubs were set up by fans not by the celebrities themselves and the dues collected didn't go to the celebrity but to the upkeep of the club and getting info out to the fans pre-internet days.

If they had the internet back then, those actors would have been doing the exact same thing. Before the internet was big, they had those fan club luncheons, all the bigger soap stars had product lines. Those fan club luncheons were pure profit for the actor. Lucci, Hall and some of the bigger names all had product lines and Home Shopping Network deals.

As for Steve Burton, I think the issue with him was that he had his juice business written in his storyline. While I don't personally care, I can see why that might turn off some fans.

by Anonymousreply 129February 18, 2023 3:27 PM

Most of the grifting soap stars mentioned were already past their opportunity to become primetime or film stars. They needed to monetize. NAC is a good actor, but he's getting bad advice. And I'm sure Uncle Frank brought him from FL and lets him stay in his guesthouse for next to nothing. Sprina fans won't follow him to his next gig. They're all middle-aged white women, not teenage superfans.

by Anonymousreply 130February 18, 2023 7:28 PM

Not all the female "fans" of NAC and GH are farting dust bunnies out of their prehistoric vadges. I follow on FB and Reddit so I know.

by Anonymousreply 131February 19, 2023 7:04 AM

Is anyone under 50 on Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 132February 19, 2023 1:54 PM

Visible soap fans on social media seem to fall into one of a few categories

(1) Ancient eldergays over 50

(2) Black women

(3) Youngish black gays (the ones who call their favorite men "kings")

(4) The kind of fraus that have a "Live, Laugh, Love" sign on their kitchen wall, next to their bread machine and year's supply of cat food.

by Anonymousreply 133February 19, 2023 1:57 PM

I remember when Robin Strasser played Rachel on Another World. I would run home from grade school to catch the last 15 minutes of Another World (3:15-3:30).

by Anonymousreply 134February 19, 2023 2:07 PM

I think the last true organic soap fans were probably kids in the 90s. Then, most of them just sort of outgrew it. If you look at pictures from those fan events, it seems to always be white women late 40s and up. Black people are still big time soap fans, but it's mostly black people in the south. In fact if it weren't for the south, I think most soaps would be totally dead.

by Anonymousreply 135February 19, 2023 2:11 PM

[quote]GH fans are starved for any kind of romance on these shows and that show really is not good at romance

It sure can't do sex. I'm wondering if the daytime love scene is dead post COVID. We get one once in a blue moon, like Carly and Drew recently, and it isn't very good, very "pro forma." Remember how scandalized everyone was at that graphic one between Tyler Christopher and Natalia Livingston, where he was peeking over her knees?

Now they'll have couples who are together for a year or more and we never see them do anything except go to dinner, like we're in the era of the Production Code.

by Anonymousreply 136February 19, 2023 2:24 PM

COVID is probably part of it, R136.

But also, none of the shows are taking even a wee bit of time to invest in chemistry etc. Couples are just smushed together and it's a miracle if any of them have any chemistry.

Jabottom at Y&R was brought on and in a relationship within a week or so. No sparks.

At DAYS Chad lost the love of his life and a character who'd been on the show forever (Abby) and within a week of her death he was chasing Stephanie.

I realize we're long past the era of Marland's Rules where audiences get six months to a year for a new character, but these shows don't seem to even know how to write a few introductory scenes to let us know who they are. It's just - Look, New Vagina/Penis in town! Go slobber on them!

by Anonymousreply 137February 19, 2023 2:34 PM

R127 There was a rumor that Days was given 2 options. Either move to Peacock or finally be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 138February 19, 2023 6:32 PM

I wonder how Days viewership is since being moved? I have no idea how people are even watching it these days.

by Anonymousreply 139February 19, 2023 6:35 PM

Did Steve Burton's wayward estranged wife have her baby that is not his?

by Anonymousreply 140February 19, 2023 6:36 PM

Maurice in real life is the white savior that Sonny is in reel life on General Hospital, weekdays on ABC. Next day on Hulu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141February 19, 2023 6:42 PM

Maurice still makes me moist - down there.

by Anonymousreply 142February 20, 2023 12:12 AM

When are the obese soap twitter queens going to start writing GH?

by Anonymousreply 143February 20, 2023 12:20 AM

It took awhile, but I've gotten used to Alley Mills as Heather. I think she plays well opposite Jon Lindstrom.

Of course, no one can replace Robin Mattson, but last time I saw her she looked to big for even Genie Francis' wardrobe. Maybe that's why she refused to return.

I met Robin once many years ago. She was stunning!

by Anonymousreply 144February 20, 2023 1:32 AM

Alley Mills is a lot fun—I love the choice to play Heather as a total horn dog.

by Anonymousreply 145February 20, 2023 2:31 AM

I grew up on OG Heather, and this version makes me nauseous, but it's just my opinion. Imagine all the STIs from hunching inmates and guards and who knows who else.

I doubt Esme is really her daughter. I think Ryan is playing her. They need to wrap this story up.

by Anonymousreply 146February 20, 2023 9:45 AM

Previews show Austin gets hooked at Wyndemere. Roger will be back in a new role. How sad can the writers be? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 147February 20, 2023 11:27 AM

Are you serious R147 ? Austin was a fail from the start, but no one watches this show for Howarth.

by Anonymousreply 148February 20, 2023 11:31 AM

The preview is on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 149February 20, 2023 11:33 AM

Alley Mills is terrible as Heather. Too bad that Robin Mattson couldn’t return.

by Anonymousreply 150February 20, 2023 12:31 PM

No one will ever make me not believe that Felicia wasn't originally supposed to be Esme's mother. Either they changed it for some reason or it's gonna come out that Ryan stole one of Felicia's eggs and implanted it into Heather.

by Anonymousreply 151February 20, 2023 12:38 PM

I also believe Cyrus was originally slated to be Sasha's father.

by Anonymousreply 152February 20, 2023 12:41 PM

Talk about another fail. Cyrus was primed to be the baddest baddie that Port Charles had seen in years, and the writers blew it. No wonder Kober wanted out.

by Anonymousreply 153February 20, 2023 1:18 PM

We could do an entire thread on the aborted storylines from GH 2020 - 2023. Some people blame Frank, others blame the network. I just wish they didn't make it so damned obvious.

by Anonymousreply 154February 20, 2023 1:23 PM

I'm not sure the writers blew it with Cyrus as much as egomaniac, sputtering, stammering cue card reading Mo can't handle any competition.

by Anonymousreply 155February 20, 2023 1:51 PM

Austin probably doesn't die, they still need to figure out what to do about his storyline with his "cousin" that nobody cares about. He's certainly a waste of screentime though and putting him in Ava's orbit was another desperate attempt to give Howarth something to do.

by Anonymousreply 156February 20, 2023 3:15 PM

Sprina kissed! Suck it, haters! All hail our new supercouple!

by Anonymousreply 157February 20, 2023 7:32 PM

Sprina is the WORST PAIRING EVER!!!!! Ever!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 158February 20, 2023 7:59 PM

Sprina lovers can suck on Christina Metz huge greasy cooze.

by Anonymousreply 159February 20, 2023 8:06 PM

OMFG. I have never seen so much bad acting on one show as today. The only good ones were Porsche and the Mayor whats her face who is usually good. Every other actor besides those two needs to be hooked or fired.

by Anonymousreply 160February 20, 2023 8:23 PM

I know this thread is as farcical as the show, but where was Ava's gun? She lives on an island riddled with unsavory characters, was a former mob princess, and murdered Connie Falconeri in cold blood. But no gun? And don't get me started that people come and go on the launch like it's a department store elevator.

by Anonymousreply 161February 20, 2023 9:34 PM

When will the obese soap twitter queens save GH?

by Anonymousreply 162February 21, 2023 12:33 AM

FAT porker Casey S Hutch wants to be GH’s headwriter. He thinks can make GH number 1 with Sprina. Fat fuck. Obese twitter queen.

by Anonymousreply 163February 21, 2023 12:39 AM

I love that you couldn't even hear Heather and Felicia fighting in the background.

by Anonymousreply 164February 21, 2023 12:54 AM

I'm watching YnR right now and of course Adam is the papa. They should have made Salls have fraternal twins. One for Adam and one for Nick. With all that ton of baby batter floating in her, it would have been possible.

by Anonymousreply 165February 21, 2023 7:48 AM

Ryan finally died. He was trying to kill Ava for wearing that awful purple dress. At least he died for an honorable pursuit.

by Anonymousreply 166February 22, 2023 9:26 PM

Those scenes came off more as a play - not a television show.

Will they all assume Ryan killed Nicholas and Ava skates again?

by Anonymousreply 167February 22, 2023 11:19 PM

How long has Nikolas been dead in Port Charles time? Because it seems like a dead body would start to become noticeable in a few days.

by Anonymousreply 168February 22, 2023 11:24 PM

The stories of the last two weeks have made it clear there are only three good actors on the show. I used to think Maura West was good but now I realized she is blech. I loved NuNik. He actually showed range and emotion. Avery Pohl is awesome. She emotes but not into overacting. Genie Francis has turned into an awesome mother character. I love the Porsche actress. Her emotions make me feel sorry for her. The Curtis actor is an absolute fucking zero and I hate him. Every other actor can choke on a huge dick. They are clearly going to discover Nik's body soon. With his new baby, it should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 169February 22, 2023 11:40 PM

Alley Mills is doing great work but the story is still incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 170February 22, 2023 11:51 PM

I can’t stand Alley Mills. Poor recast.

by Anonymousreply 171February 23, 2023 3:31 AM

Maurice Benard and Laura Wright are two of the greatest actors of their generation. The show is awful when they're not on. And please bring back the great Steve Burton!!

by Anonymousreply 172February 23, 2023 4:09 AM

I haven't liked NLG since Santa Barbara, but man, they have really destroyed the Alexis character.

by Anonymousreply 173February 23, 2023 9:15 AM

This Trina is the worst actress ever on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 174February 23, 2023 9:16 AM

Mo and Laura have been phoning it in for years. Mo and his racist white dad! Yuck. Mo is a fucking Guatemalan. He should have had a Guat dad. There are other awesome actors on the show who are on like once a month. The sexy couple in their 60s, Valentin and Ana. Alley Mills played her nutty character to perfection but sadly her story is probably finished. Sad that her 100 year old hubby got killed crossing the street in LA. Charles Shaughnessy is awesome and sexy as Cassdine baddy but he is not on enough or causing enough mayhem. The garbage can Princess Joss and her five timing sexy thug boy Dex are going nowhere. I doubt he is in it for the long haul. They have dropped hints that white boy Mo knows he is Two Faced.

by Anonymousreply 175February 23, 2023 9:23 AM

I hope I never see the Alley Mills version of Heather again.

by Anonymousreply 176February 23, 2023 9:24 AM

Considering the absolute stupidity of the writing in recent years, Alley is a breath of fresh psychotic air. How many have fallen fifty stories off the parapet and lived, some with an 8 month old fetus! How many have been stabbed but still lived. GH makes everything about killers, murders, mayhem, and death, a joke. That fucking asshole Roger Howarth doesn't even react the slightest to being fucking stabbed by "the Hook". The writers all need to be fucking crucified for their ridiculous stories and the horrible non actors like Roger of that fucker who plays Mac Scorpio. I have never seen a worse "actor" than the guy who plays Mac or his pea brained wife. Acting legends would watch GH and fucking throw themselves off a fifty story building.

by Anonymousreply 177February 23, 2023 9:50 AM

^typo Sorry Grammar Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 178February 23, 2023 9:56 AM

Heather found out Esme was her daughter after the hook killings started. Clearly this is a rewrite. I assumed she was copycatting to protect Esme, but apparently not. The writing is absolute shit.

by Anonymousreply 179February 23, 2023 3:12 PM

R168 I "think" it's the same night as the murder. She hit him, stored the body, got caught by Austin, put on her purple Teletubbie dress, went to the wedding, came home to move the body and got caught by Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 180February 23, 2023 3:50 PM

R180, if all this happened the same day we might see Nik wake up with just a bump on the head.

by Anonymousreply 181February 23, 2023 4:59 PM

It’s the next day. Remember when she woke up from the nightmare of having blood on her hands?

by Anonymousreply 182February 23, 2023 5:00 PM

I suspect Austin and Nikolas cut some kind of deal to help each other out and Austin helped Nik escape.

by Anonymousreply 183February 23, 2023 5:23 PM

Soap Twitter going crazy over the Sprina storyline. Might be their only saving grace.

by Anonymousreply 184February 23, 2023 5:28 PM

Fat god damned SLOB Casey, twitter asshole, is all verklempt because the squeaky voiced Trina said hi to him on twitter. All is well with the world. FAT Casey is everyone’s voice. lololololololol

by Anonymousreply 185February 23, 2023 5:43 PM

No one cares what Twitter turds think.

by Anonymousreply 186February 23, 2023 6:02 PM

The soap twitter queens are having nervous breakdowns because they won’t be able to get writing jobs on the soaps!!! They will be stuck doing podcast soaps forever!

by Anonymousreply 187February 23, 2023 6:11 PM

YnR just fired 5 diversity hires. Sony is sick of getting nothing but garbage apparently.

by Anonymousreply 188February 23, 2023 6:13 PM

But that fat obese Twitter queen Casey thinks that he is the next headwriter of a network soap. Who’s going to break the news to that FAT ugly no talent slob?????

by Anonymousreply 189February 23, 2023 6:15 PM

What a boring episode today—marking time with all the characters you forgot were still on the show. And hooo boy, when did Sofia Mattsson lose her ability to do an American accent? She sounds like the Swedish chef!

by Anonymousreply 190February 24, 2023 2:06 AM

and she looks pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 191February 24, 2023 3:12 AM

Why the fuck are they keeping Cody around? Get rid of him and the actors who play Finn, Sasha, Dex and Austin. And for the love of god, can Hallmark give Cameron Mathison a full time gig somewhere? He is TERRIBLE as Drew.

by Anonymousreply 192February 24, 2023 3:26 AM

Nina threatening Drew was the only interesting thing that happened in the episode. His Mr. Nice Guy act when he’s really a lapdog for Queen Bitch Carly is really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 193February 24, 2023 6:08 AM

R194 😆 😆 because Josh is good friends with Frank. He contacted him (some say by text) asked him for a job and VOILA....it's Cody!!!! 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 194February 24, 2023 6:45 AM

I haven’t seen GH lately & have looked on the internet, but can’t find what happened to Lucy Coe. I know Holly shot her, but is she dead?

by Anonymousreply 195February 24, 2023 7:21 AM

No, Lucy is alive and well. Anna and Valentin went to rescue her in one of those boring "foreign adventure" stories where we mostly see hotel rooms (which are obviously familiar sets, slightly rearranged).

by Anonymousreply 196February 24, 2023 7:22 AM

Yep, Lucy was rescued, jumped right back onto Kentucky Fried Martin's dick, and hasn't been seen again since.

by Anonymousreply 197February 24, 2023 8:27 AM

Annoying Lucy will be back for the Nurses’s Ball, annoying everyone as usual.

by Anonymousreply 198February 24, 2023 8:30 AM

I like the Quartermaine's new sunroom.

by Anonymousreply 199February 24, 2023 9:47 AM

The obese soap twitter queenz have the PLAN TO SAVE GH! They will turn it into a podcast soap starring washed up former soap stars like Frank Dicopoulos! Dumb Dylan from SON will be executive producer!

by Anonymousreply 200February 24, 2023 10:58 AM

Hey - fatso Casey from twitter will save GH!!!! Alan Sarapa as EP!!!!

by Anonymousreply 201February 24, 2023 11:04 AM

The queens are posting fake scripts on twitter trying to get noticed!!! Does Steve Kent and Margot Wain keep up with the fat soap queens on twitter?

by Anonymousreply 202February 24, 2023 11:12 AM

[quote]Get rid of him and the actors who play Finn, Sasha, Dex and Austin.

Dex is part of the show's new super-couple. Don't look for show to get rid of him.

They do seem to be setting this up as a Luke and Laura redux, complete with Dex spying on Sonny just like Luke was spying on Frank Smith.

I expect Dex and Joss to go on the run this summer with Sonny's hit men after him after Dex's betrayal is revealed.

Maybe they'll even have to spend the night in Wyndham's Department Store and dress up and dance though the aisles.

by Anonymousreply 203February 24, 2023 7:15 PM

Cam is such a cute lesbian in his flannel.

I’m fascinated by Dex’s apartment, especially the fact that he has windows on opposite walls in his living room, including on the wall with the front door leading out to an interior hallway. I’d love to see the floor plan.

by Anonymousreply 204February 24, 2023 9:34 PM

The morons on FarceBook still think Nik is alive. Good grief. Adam Huss said he was hired to finish off Nik's story. He is dead, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 205February 24, 2023 9:36 PM

I miss Marcus Coloma. He made me moist - down there.

by Anonymousreply 206February 24, 2023 10:15 PM

Dex and Joss will never be a supercouple. That’s laughable! He’s a bore and she can’t generate chemistry with men. Josslyn isn’t a popular character. They only play her so much because she’s Carly’s daughter. They either need to recast and reset the character or send her to Australia to live with Jax.

by Anonymousreply 207February 24, 2023 10:32 PM

I like Joss and Dex. They aren't great actors but not many are on GH. I loathed Cameron, the actor as well. His baby face was revolting. His acting was blech. I don't hate Joss or Carly. I don't hate Bug Eyed Cynthia Watros either. They are the main characters so we are stuck with them. Mo asked to get out of the Carly relationship. So he is to blame for that SL. The assholes blame Cynthia Watros for "stealing" Sonny. Get a life, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 208February 24, 2023 10:37 PM

[quote]Dex and Joss will never be a supercouple. That’s laughable! He’s a bore and she can’t generate chemistry with men. Josslyn isn’t a popular character. They only play her so much because she’s Carly’s daughter. They either need to recast and reset the character or send her to Australia to live with Jax.

Josslyn is a popular character with many younger viewers. Not so many younger viewers watching the show these days, but the ones that do like her. At least GH is still trying to reach younger viewers by having younger characters, something Y&R and B&B seems to have completely abandoned.

Eden McCoy has been playing the role since Oct. 2015. Show works Eden's taping schedule around her USC class schedule. Don't look for this part to be recast unless she opts to leave the show.

Eden's chemistry with Evan Hofer is the reason they put him on contract. Look for these two to continue to be played as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 209February 24, 2023 10:56 PM

That's true Maurice practically begged to get out of Carson lol that's one of the issues he had with Ron, he was against Ron reuniting them after the Carly/Franco Hallowedding reveal. I think Frank still kept them together after Ron's dismissal due to him secretly resenting how Maurice would go over his head to do certain things, along with Frank's obsession with all things Y&R, he seemed to view Carson as his own version of Nikki & Victor. When the network mandated a return to narrative in the Fall of 2017, instructing Frank that Sonny & Carly, as well as Jason & Sam, remain together and as the central figures of the show, Frank was able to use that as a way to keep them together, even though Maurice still wanted out. That's why Maurice loved the Mike amnesia story lol it was his way out of Carson and it was all about him.

by Anonymousreply 210February 24, 2023 11:09 PM

I hated Sonny with Carly. He was just miserable and it showed. I actually liked when he played Mike and like him with Bug Eyes. He is clearly not ready to retire or we'd all know so the whole BS story with his runt Michael trying to take him down is clearly not going anywhere. Dex is safe with Joss so he will not be killed off anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 211February 24, 2023 11:26 PM

Not to miss the point of some very poignant, well-acted scenes today but Spencer’s arms looked fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 212February 24, 2023 11:54 PM

I hate Spencer and NAC but I fucking love Alley as Heather. Her acting is so good I love her. I give no fucks for her being the hook since the last few episodes made an absolute farce of the SL. Fuck the writers, they are horrible. I always watch shows mostly for good acting. So stupid how she claimed she killed Nik. This is obv how they are going to try and take the heat off Ava but I will never forgive the Ava character for killing Nik. That is on the horrible writers.

by Anonymousreply 213February 25, 2023 12:13 AM

Josslyn is popular with the FB fraus because she’s Carly’s daughter. She’s hated everywhere else. The character is an asshole.

And it’s rumored Eden isn’t even in school anymore. She’s no longer playing volleyball at USC which garnered her a scholarship.

by Anonymousreply 214February 25, 2023 3:59 AM

So Esme birthed a boy and Willow birthed a girl. I guess, for once, we're NOT gonna have a baby-switch storyline.

by Anonymousreply 215February 25, 2023 6:35 AM

Reading most of your ignorant comments makes me ashamed to watch this show. Y’all are stoopid.

by Anonymousreply 216February 25, 2023 7:01 AM

Josslyn is not popular with the younger crowd. They all hate that chipmunk looking thing.

by Anonymousreply 217February 25, 2023 8:52 AM

They should've just had Nikolas go to prison instead of being "killed off" for the hundredth time. He had a multitude of crimes under his belt that he could've been convicted of, with Ava or Spencer being the main ones to have him locked away. They could've continue to wonder if they did the right thing by turning him, then in turn bonded during the aftermath of him being away, affecting Laura, Esme, Victor as well. Then we could've had scenes with Cyrus promising Laura that as a favor for her, he'd look after his nephew. Laura would've been conflicted over the love of her son and her hate for Cyrus. Spencer and Trina's relationship would've been affected by her being upset with him for turning his father in, while Ava would've tried navigating without him and moving on. Victor could've tried exacting revenge on Ava, blaming her for poisoning Spencer against Nikolas.

by Anonymousreply 218February 25, 2023 9:57 AM

R211 It was written all over his face 😆 he even campaigned to have the lawyer he cheated on Carly with brought on as a permanent character so she would be his love interest. He wanted out of Carson as bad as Kelly Monaco wanted out of Jasam after Steve's return (which, of course had alot to do with her personal relationship with Billy Miller, though she wasn't exactly thrilled about Steve coming back regardless)

by Anonymousreply 219February 25, 2023 10:02 AM

As clever and creative as the writers and Frank try to be, this show is completely devoid of joy.

by Anonymousreply 220February 25, 2023 10:15 AM

R215 They could've toyed with that idea, then decided not to at the last minute. Nikolas could've switched his and Esme's baby with Michael and Willow's deceased child, letting them raise the baby to keep Esme away from her own child, except there had to be some pushback since Michael and Willow had already went through a similar storyline, along with someone over the writers possibly not wanting to kill their child. Another way they could've went with it was Nikolas/Esme's baby dying, with Heather (or someone else, since it's somewhat of a copout to always use Heather- Nikolas could've arranged it to frame Esme then have her bond with the baby purposely only for him to take the baby away and give them back to Michael and Willow).

by Anonymousreply 221February 25, 2023 10:28 AM

Between the network, Frank, and the head writers Chris & Dan, the rewrites are glaringly obvious. As someone mentioned earlier, they were leaning towards Cyrus being Sasha's father, and then they rearranged everything (Cyrus was becoming too popular, which was also mentioned lol). Same goes for the hook killer, Elizabeth's childhood backstory, Esme being Felicia's (I think they might've even considered having Felicia kill Ryan), and of course Roger Howarth returning as Todd Manning, among others.

by Anonymousreply 222February 25, 2023 10:35 AM

Mo didn't use any of his clout to save his dancing partner Marcus' job, LOL. All that ass kissing Marcus did was all for naught.

by Anonymousreply 223February 25, 2023 11:01 AM

I'm no fan of Mo, but even he could see through MC's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 224February 25, 2023 11:03 AM

Marcus and Michelle Staphylococcus were both fired due to their pushing Scientology onto the younger cast members. I also read that the reason Brando was killed off is because he converted to Sciento as well and started acting like an asshole to everyone. Lots of back stage shit going on. Frank doesn't like the Sciento crap apparently.

by Anonymousreply 225February 25, 2023 11:09 AM

People seem to hate on Laura Wright, but I think she's a woman who feels lucky to have a job and is just doing her thing. I don't think she dictates the writing for Carly in the same way that Maurice has story approval. None of the actresses who have played Carly have had anywhere near the power, pull, and pay of Maurice or Steve Burton. in fact some of the Carly actresses were treated like shit by those two.

by Anonymousreply 226February 25, 2023 11:20 AM

Well LW had enough pull to ensure her younger boyfriend was in a chemistry free coupling with chubby KSt so she wouldn't have to worry about any competition. Not to mention keeping him employed for four and a half years.

by Anonymousreply 227February 25, 2023 11:43 AM

I think Laura's real life anger over the universal hatred of her boyfriend's school play acting has spilled over into her performance. She brings not one iota of sympathetic nuance to Carly. She's full on cunt.

by Anonymousreply 228February 25, 2023 11:45 AM

Everyone on FarceBook loved the fact Snarly and Snarly Jr weren't on the last few days when they bungled the stupid Hook SL. Many of them said now that the regulars were back they were back to ff'ing most of the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 229February 25, 2023 12:07 PM

Egomaniac Mo repeatedly mentions on his YT show how badly he has treated some of his co-stars in the past. He always says it was a shit eating grin on his face and never apologizes. He just says "I'm different now" and appears amused. Not an ounce of remorse. The actress who played his sister was on recently and said there were times she was afraid of him. Again, no apology just grinning and "Yeah, I'm different now".

He does the same thing when he talks about how badly he and Steve treated co-stars in the 90s. I attribute his lack of remorse and sense of entitlement to his narcissism rather than his Bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 230February 25, 2023 5:05 PM

Trust me, R230 , as an ex-with-bipolar survivor, the drugs lean way in to any inherent narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 231February 25, 2023 5:22 PM

R225 DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING 😆 😆 ABC/Disney (especially Disney) have had issues with Scientology too.

by Anonymousreply 232February 25, 2023 5:59 PM

Before someone comes in and says that Michelle wasn't fired lol she was pushed out the door lol she went to Frank asking for a raise, he in turn asked her to take a pay cut, Michelle yelled (allegedly) at Frank, spoke with her good buddy Josh Griffith at Y&R, who offered her what she wanted, resulting in Gina Tognoni being fired. The Dawn Of Day story was a passive-aggressive move on Frank's part to undermine his former bestie Michelle (who he wanted out).

by Anonymousreply 233February 25, 2023 6:05 PM

Cynthia Watros is so much better than Stafford anyway.

by Anonymousreply 234February 25, 2023 6:08 PM

R226 LW is lucky, because she was almost fired as Carly. When Garin Wolf took over as hw in the summer of 2011, one of his primary dislikes included Laura Wright as Carly. He wanted Tamara Braun back, however Jill, who was still EP, despised Tamara and adored Laura, so he was unable to do anything. He wanted to bring Tamara in as a Kate recast, if not as Carly, and Jill was against that too, which is why Kelly Sullivan was brought on. When Jill was fired, Garin saw his chance and had planned to bring back Tamara as Carly. Frank however, stepped in and saved her from being let go. That's one of the main reasons why she loves him so much. Frank also loves how she's one of GH's biggest cheerleaders, with her while rah rah GH routine.

The main Carly that received the brunt of Maurice and Steve's bullshit was Tamara Braun. Jill and Guza treated her like shit too. Sarah had issues with them too, though not to the extent of Tamara's. Sarah didn't get along with Guza after she came back as Claudia and she's always had issues with Tony Geary, who used to complain about her. Sarah also didn't think it was fair that there was such a huge pay discrepancy between her and Maurice's/Steve's incomes.

by Anonymousreply 235February 25, 2023 6:17 PM

LW was able to get her babes Wes on the show after she (allegedly) began to feel that she was being replaced when Tamara was cast as Kim Nero, so Frank placated her by hiring Wes. In 2016, Jill, who was still EP at Y&R, informed LW that she would bring her over to Y&R in the Fall of 2017, which was the end of LW's then current four-year contract cycle. LW was all in, and would've been reunited with Steve. Frank learned of this, and that's when Tamara was in talks to join GH- Frank was going to bring Tamara back as Carly once LW left for Y&R. Jill's firing beforehand nixed any plans for LW to abandon ship. Since Frank had already all but promised Tamara a job at GH, he brought her in as Kim, since being Carly again was no longer on the table. LW was uneasy (allegedly) for the network mandated a "return to narrative" with the mob as the main focus, the mob couples Carson, Jasam front and center. However with Tamara returning, there was excitement and a reminder of the early 2000's when Maurice/Tamara/Steve/Kelly were all pretty popular. So to keep Laura's anxiety level at ease, Frank hired her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 236February 25, 2023 6:29 PM

Clarifying R235, Sarah had issues mainly with Tony Geary and Bob Guza, then to a lesser extent with Maurice and Steve, which were resolved. She didn't have issues with Jill; Sarah didn't get along with Wendy Riche. Jill, although responsible for hiring Tamara, albeit reluctantly when she couldn't bring in either two of her favorites from OLTL as Carly, Robin Christopher or Gina Tognoni, couldn't stand Tamara after awhile and the two got into a screaming match on set prior to Tamara quitting, resulting in Jill hiring Jennifer Bransford before another of her favorites, Laura Wright, became available

by Anonymousreply 237February 25, 2023 6:36 PM

You’re nuts if you don’t believe LW has pull over there. She’s dictated pairings and vetoed stories as well, the Shawn/Carly relationship being one of them. She also demanded Jason/Carly before Steve left when it was quite obvious they were moving forward with Jason/Britt. The actually made Jason be the one to initiate things with Carly which made zero sense. The backlash was so bad on Twitter that LW actually left for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 238February 27, 2023 5:42 PM

This storyline with Spencer and Nikolas’s estrangement is the best Genie Francis has been in years.

by Anonymousreply 239February 28, 2023 1:35 PM

Genie's a boss, but they rarely write anything worthy of her talents.

Please take Alley Mills' Heather away forever.

by Anonymousreply 240February 28, 2023 4:33 PM

This is probably the worst KSt has ever looked. JFC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241March 2, 2023 12:43 PM

So, they're giving Alexis a plotline where she's determined to find out why the university won't let Gregory join the Invader staff?

And she'd rather do that than be a part of the Cassadine story?

They downplay Alexis's Cassadine connections so much, last week when Molly said she had to recuse herself from Elizabeth's case because Nikolas is her cousin, I had to stop and ponder on that connection.

Had to do the same thing when Cody questioned Sam about her Cassadine roots.

by Anonymousreply 242March 6, 2023 9:41 PM

Nik is also missing and she’s nowhere to be found. I don’t understand why NLG hates Cassadine stories.

by Anonymousreply 243March 7, 2023 12:37 PM

Nurses Ball 2023

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 7, 2023 2:25 PM

Can't wait for Esme and Spence serenade Ace with Mockingbird.

by Anonymousreply 245March 7, 2023 2:47 PM

Although I still prefer Robin Mattson as Heather, I must admit that Alley Mills has done a good job as Heather.

I am surprised they haven't had any Scotty-Heather scenes together. Those two used to be in cahoots, so seems like they would have had played them together some.

Hell, they even gave had a couple of scenes of Alley's Heather with Billy Moses's Jeff Webber. It didn't go over very well because neither actor was attempting to play the subtext of their history, but still the show gave us those scenes.

Yet no Scotty-Heather scenes (unless I missed something).

by Anonymousreply 246March 7, 2023 7:34 PM

Scott and heather interacted last month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 15, 2023 3:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!