Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charles Kimbrough is DEAD to ME!

Jim Dial from Murphy Brown, and Beth Howland's widower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2023 6:45 AM

He died nearly a month ago. What’s with the late announcements on several recent deaths?

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2023 7:13 PM

R1 It must be a family thing - you may recall they waited 6 months to announce Beth Howland's death.

by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2023 7:19 PM

Also the original Harry in Company

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2023 7:22 PM

Awww. That’s a shame.

I loved his On the Road series where he traveled everywhere and reported back.

*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2023 7:25 PM

"That can't be blocked!"

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2023 7:26 PM

Has Barbara Barrie commented?

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2023 7:26 PM

I love his financial firm.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2023 7:27 PM

How did he die?

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2023 7:43 PM

Does this mean William is now King?

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2023 7:46 PM

Okay, Rose, time for your nap.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2023 7:46 PM

Oh wow I didn’t realize he was that old.

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2023 7:52 PM

I would've guess 74

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2023 7:58 PM

At Dolly Parton still has the clit ring with a gorillas fist on it from her dear friend Beth howland.

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2023 8:00 PM

Was he in the reboot Murphy Brown?

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2023 8:11 PM

R14 He did a cameo in one episode, but wasn’t a regular.

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2023 8:45 PM

Died last month, just being reported...wife's death took 6 months to report...

Hmmmm, something smells real fishy here.

I bet those 2 cents owed money to the government so they skipped out of the country and filed phony death certificates once it was safe and assets were transferred to a Swiss bank account.

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2023 8:58 PM

Something sounds fishy with the kid.

I thought he was in a few episodes of the MB reboot. He had to pretend to want to fuck Tyne Daly and he should have been given the Emmy right then and there!

by Anonymousreply 17February 6, 2023 12:30 AM

R17 = Georg Stanford Brown

by Anonymousreply 18February 6, 2023 12:34 AM

I met him several times over the years, starting back in his Sunday in the Park with George days. He was a very sweet man. RIP, Mr. K.

by Anonymousreply 19February 6, 2023 1:04 AM

Don't forget how Beth's TV husband (AKA Coco) died.

by Anonymousreply 20February 6, 2023 1:35 AM

At his memorial service, someone should do Beth's straws bit using a bouquet of white lilies. An "homage."

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2023 2:01 AM

[quote]I loved his On the Road series where he traveled everywhere and reported back.

R4 How I miss the senile Larry King threads!

by Anonymousreply 22February 6, 2023 5:25 AM

R16 In the NYT obituary for Howland, Kimbrough said he was following Howland's wishes:

[quote] Beth Howland, who made high anxiety an art form as the ditsy, accident-prone waitress Vera Louise Gorman on the 1970s and ’80s sitcom “Alice,” died on Dec. 31, 2015, in Santa Monica, Calif., her husband said on Tuesday. He had refrained from announcing her death earlier in keeping with her wishes. She was 74. The cause was lung cancer, her husband, the actor Charles Kimbrough, said, adding that she had not wanted a funeral or a memorial service. “It was the Boston side of her personality coming out,” Mr. Kimbrough said. “She didn’t want to make a fuss.”

by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2023 6:08 AM

He had a tiny role as a furniture salesman at Bloomingdale's with Jill Clayburgh and Burt Reynolds, leading up to the funniest scene in "Starting Over."

RIP

by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2023 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!