Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When Did Joan Rivers Look Her Best?

I think she really looked great in the early 90s when she had her daytime talk show. I would love to know how many procedures she had. I was looking year by year. Her face was destroyed in 2001. That ridiculous nose job was the stuff of nightmares. It was all downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 21February 4, 2023 4:54 AM

Slow day at Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 1February 2, 2023 9:41 PM

Probably in her Carson days before she had all the work.

by Anonymousreply 2February 2, 2023 9:42 PM

As a newborn baby

by Anonymousreply 3February 2, 2023 9:47 PM

What is this, 1995?

by Anonymousreply 4February 2, 2023 9:51 PM

R4 Are you new?

by Anonymousreply 5February 2, 2023 10:02 PM

R5 I mean it’s 1997 and she’s getting up there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 2, 2023 10:18 PM

[quote]When Did Joan Rivers Look Her Best?

She really came into her own about six months after she died.

by Anonymousreply 7February 2, 2023 10:22 PM

You nailed it, OP. She looked great there. In later years, it distracted from her comedy for audiences to have to watch her looking like a life-sized duck wearing Chanel.

by Anonymousreply 8February 3, 2023 2:29 AM

Here she is in '68...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 3, 2023 2:35 AM

Here she is 1993 on Charlie Rose. Still looking human.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 3, 2023 2:48 AM

I agree, OP. I worked at Barneys then and we dressed her for the show. She was so TINY we had to alter the clothing into oblivion and would not be able to get it back from the show and resell it so we worked out a very generous deal with her where she paid basically cost for the clothing.

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2023 3:15 AM

Joan looked her absolute best in the 1990s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2023 3:29 AM

Never.

by Anonymousreply 13February 3, 2023 5:09 AM

Joan started getting plastic surgery when she realized how much Melissa looked like her.

by Anonymousreply 14February 3, 2023 12:45 PM

I started looking a pictures of Joan Rivers from different eras and, for me, the late 80s were her peak appearance-wise. By the early 90s, it seems to me the work she’d already had done had given her a kind of stiffness, fakeness.

I’m attaching a pic of her that I think is one of her best. I realize one reason I like it. She isn’t smiling. I think her smile (while her teeth were just fine) exaggerated the “horsiness” of her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 3, 2023 3:19 PM

One more shot of her, also from 1987. I post it to show how, IMO, no smile or just a hint of a smile was a much better look for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 3, 2023 3:23 PM

At R16, the photographer has used the "broad lighting" technique, which is commonly used for subjects who have narrow faces. You have the subject turn their head slightly towards one side, and then in the resulting two-dimensional photo, the face looks like it has more width.

by Anonymousreply 17February 3, 2023 3:27 PM

She never looked good, though she spent her life trying. However, it was when she started inflating her face with fillers that she began to look freakish. Sometime in the early '00s?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 3, 2023 3:37 PM

Love Joan. Still miss her.

by Anonymousreply 19February 4, 2023 4:09 AM

When she was BEHIND the camera on "Rabbit Test"!

by Anonymousreply 20February 4, 2023 4:18 AM

R15 / R16 , those photos are very, very flattering. As flattering as can be. I don't think it's representative of what she really looked like. I think she actually looked nice when smiling.

by Anonymousreply 21February 4, 2023 4:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!