Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Televangelists and Their Private Jets

Almighty God sure doesn't need a private jet, but these gaudy hucksters sure do!

Kenneth Copeland defended his fleet of private jets by essentially saying "I need to feel safe from all the liquored-up demons who fly coach!"

Joyce Meyer (she of the bad plastic surgery and the gold-plated office toilet) claims she needs to be able to instantly jet off to wherever the Spirit calls her.

Joel Osteen (who locked his church gates to keep out hurricane victims) got some PPP loans to offset the fueling costs of his private A319 - the same model of plane you might fly from Chicago to Los Angeles.

Creflo Dollar (who demanded his flock buy him a $65 million Gulfstream to replace the one his wife mainly uses to go shopping in NYC and Paris) said anyone who got between him and his new jet was a tool of Satanica!

Who gives money to these cretins? What kind of uniforms do they make the cabin crews wear?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2024 2:43 AM

They don't need those private jets.

They just THINK they need the jets.

The prosperity gospel ain't the real gospel

Of course the media would rather cover these morons than than sincere pastors who don't live lives of the rich and famous. All poor people religious and secular are banned from being mentioned in the press.

by Anonymousreply 1January 30, 2023 3:30 AM

God WANTS me to be rich

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2023 3:36 AM

I don't begrudge them their private jets as long as they aren't preaching everybody else are sinners for wanting private jets too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2023 3:50 AM

Tax them all into the poor house.

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2023 3:55 AM

Because they aren’t taxed on their income, we all pay for those private jets

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2023 3:55 AM

Ugh. My mother lives on Social Security but still pays her tithes to Osteen’s church. $300 a month, which is a lot for her. I supplement her income. I helped buy his damn jets.

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2023 3:58 AM

R6 Tithing is one of the oldest large-scale grifts.

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2023 4:02 AM

Osteen is the worst and yes, he does look like he's smelling cookies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2023 4:09 AM

If god had a jet… 🎶

by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2023 4:18 AM

R8, he's talking to God.

by Anonymousreply 10January 30, 2023 4:20 AM

God told me to tell you to give me all your money.

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2023 11:08 AM

[quote] Who gives money to these cretins?

Cretins with money to give, and gullible fools who think giving money to crooked fake Holy men will buy them passage into Heaven one day.

To be totally honest, I'd venture to say that 95+% of the people who give money to these scumbags are people who can little afford to give money to anyone. But with a population of over 330 million it only takes a small donation from a small percentage of the population to make all these pieces of shit fabulously rich.

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2023 11:13 AM

What about our fabulous gold toilets, delivered from God?

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2024 12:30 AM

That closeted dyke Joyce Meyer has her own Gulfstream.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2024 12:38 AM

This is what American Christianity looks like folks.

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2024 12:59 AM

[quote]That closeted dyke Joyce Meyer has her own Gulfstream.

Joyce Meyer has four children. I doubt she’s a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2024 2:08 AM

She sure looks and sounds like one

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2024 2:10 AM

Only in America. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2024 2:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!