Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Man is shot on NYC subway

Right after Eric Adams had crowed that subway crimes were declining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Because they are declining. Declining doesn’t mean they’re non-existent. It means they’re happening less frequently.

But I don’t even mind it. Let the transplants leave if they’re too scared of NY. This isn’t Kansas.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2023 4:49 PM

Paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2023 4:51 PM

But they aren’t, r1.

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2023 4:51 PM

R1 I've not seen one valid data set indicating they are declining.

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2023 4:53 PM

Do more research then.

by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2023 4:56 PM

OP is a reductive aspie millennial who has Chicken Little syndrome and needs everything to be “like literally perfect” or they’ll “like freak out”. Life is messy. Go check out Pakistan now or time travel and live with Vikings, either way you’ll come back grateful.

by Anonymousreply 6January 28, 2023 4:59 PM

If you live around a feral population, you have to accept that there are certain risks.

by Anonymousreply 7January 28, 2023 5:03 PM

R1 Bless your heart

by Anonymousreply 8January 28, 2023 5:34 PM

NYC, Philly and LA are turning third world.

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2023 9:07 PM

OP is just another rightwing MAGA infesting our board with his crappy politics.

Go back to the freeper board, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2023 9:13 PM

How is this news worthy?

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2023 9:14 PM

That's such a dumb statement r4. Well I haven't read it so it isn't true!

A simple Google will show that subway crime is down 16% October to January compared to October through January of last year. It's only based on three months worth of data, but that's the data.

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2023 9:15 PM

R12 "That's such a dumb statement. A simple Google will show that..."

Oh bless your heart. "I googled it, it must be true - it said what I wanted!!" Thank you for that laugh, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2023 9:19 PM

[quote] How is this news worthy?

The New York Times put the story on the front page of their website.

They're better judges there than you are as to what's newsworthy.

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2023 10:10 PM

A shooting on the subway is pretty damn newsworthy. Esp. in Manhattan. This was on Canal St.

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2023 10:14 PM

Amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2023 10:17 PM

Crime statistics are poor measures of actual crime because they only measure reported crime. In many neighborhoods the locals would be afraid to report crime; in immigrant neighborhoods they might not trust the police.

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2023 10:49 PM

It's white supremacy that's causing this.

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2023 11:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!