Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Portishead boy joins Mensa after teaching himself to read aged two

[quote] A boy who taught himself to read as a toddler has been accepted as the UK's youngest member of Mensa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2023 10:56 PM

Maybe it's Reincarnation and his past life hasn't fully faded yet. Sounds like he's on track to becoming a genius.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2023 9:34 PM

I had a bf who was a member of Mensa. He never brought it up or bragged about it, in fact, I think I actually learned it from one of his friends. He was whip-smart and sexy and (contrary to the stereotype) an amazing lay.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2023 9:35 PM

He's cute. Love the little nerd glasses.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2023 9:36 PM

Portishead was formed in 1991 and he doesn’t appear at all the trip hop and/or alternative rock type.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2023 9:36 PM

I could read at three.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2023 9:39 PM

No, R5. You not.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2023 9:43 PM

r5 My mother told me I was reading at 2. And indeed, my vocabulary always tested sky-high and I was reading (and comprehending) adult non-fiction/fiction at a very early age.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2023 9:44 PM

He’s adorable.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 9:44 PM

Sure but can he throw a ball?

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2023 9:45 PM

I’m a member of MENSA. Went and did the test for a lark with a former roommate. About 3 people know and I’m certainly not a successful person career wise or financially. I hope this little guy has a childhood and they don’t have him taking college courses when he’s still a child.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2023 9:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2023 9:50 PM

I’m like a genius.

Only not as smart.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2023 9:50 PM

The Fail says his IQ is 139. I guess MENSA will let anyone in now.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2023 9:51 PM

Lil speccy nerd

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2023 10:14 PM

Mensa is supposed to be only top 2% in IQ tests, right?

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2023 10:17 PM

Get a stool and put this kid on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2023 10:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!