Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna biopic starring Julia Garner IS DEAD TO ME!

She must have gotten bored with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 1, 2023 3:39 AM

I thought JulIa Garner passed on the project.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2023 8:13 PM

No. She was cast.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2023 8:18 PM

Shocking.(NOT)

So, Madge is using the tour as an excuse. Good move; no one wants to see this mess.

I'd pay for an expose' type Mommie Dearest after her demise but not now.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2023 8:20 PM

Oh thank the lort this is not happening.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2023 8:22 PM

I could swear I have seen a promo shot of Julia as Madonna...or am I just making that up?

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2023 8:23 PM

OP this headline scared the fuck outta me. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2023 8:25 PM

Struggling with how to read, R6?

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2023 8:28 PM

Well now what's going to win 'Best Picture' at the Oscars next year ? Can you tell me that ?

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 9:45 PM

GIRL BYE!

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2023 9:54 PM

Sad. It would have literally been the Salome movie Norma Desmond wrote.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2023 10:03 PM

[quote] I could swear I have seen a promo shot of Julia as Madonna...or am I just making that up?

Making that up.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2023 10:10 PM

Phew! Julia Garner really dodged a bullet there!

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2023 10:11 PM

Madonna is now a nostalgia act. Sad. At least Cher knows how to work that angle.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2023 10:18 PM

She gets bored of everything. Surprised she hasn't sent those African kids back.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2023 10:23 PM

I knew this would never happen. Julia Garner dodged a bullet. Weren’t their stories that Madonna kept changing her mind on the direction so producers were wasting money and gave up?

I think she will die before her tour starts, just like Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2023 10:24 PM

A Hollywood Reporter story on the cancellation says that the casting process for prospective Madonnas included 11-hour days of choreography sessions, readings with Madonna, and singing auditions.

What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2023 10:30 PM

As terrible a movie as it would have been, I have no doubt Julia Garner would have been amazing in it and given a phenomenal performance. With terrible dialogue, poor pacing and amateurish direction. But she'd still be good.

She really lucked out with this thing getting canceled. She's definitely a star on the rise and she doesn't need a razzie nominated flop on her resume.

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2023 10:38 PM

I think Madonna is a good visual director. “W.E.” was a beautifully shot movie and the acting was solid.

But the script and story was horrible.

That and the fact Wallis really didn’t like Edward and married him cause he threatened to kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2023 10:09 PM

Julia Garner is ugly and can’t act. Next.

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2023 10:18 PM

There's only one star who could play The Madonna, and that's The Madonna. Julia Gaessner doesn't have The Madonna's rare combination of timeless, radiant beauty, sexual welcome, inclusiveness, physical power and a love that spreads throughout the universe, which has made her the most profoundly beloved entertainer in the universe; worshiped even more completely and more abjectly by entertainers (like Hiram Kasten) beloved only worldwide. Juliet Gayvnor can't bring the heat, the living and loving of sensual delights that The Madonna can communicate with just one long, sultry look.

No. Only The Madonna can give you The Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 20January 31, 2023 2:00 PM

R20, You lost me at beauty. Madonna oozed sex appeal, had style, and a cute attractive face; a beauty she was not.

by Anonymousreply 21February 1, 2023 3:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!