Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you ever find that straight people

Have a harder time accepting or believing that a masculine man is gay?

A friend was telling me this and I agree. He's in his early thirties, handsome and in a very straight working environment. He's had men and fraus allude that maybe he just hasn't met the right girl yet? Meanwhile they accept his swishy coworker as gay with no questions asked.

Have you ever experienced this?

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2023 8:11 PM

Are you from Mars, dear?

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2023 3:29 AM

OP is Gay German Guy isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2023 3:31 AM

Duh. Fraus only want Richard Simmons types to be gay

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2023 3:35 AM

str8 women in particular.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2023 4:18 AM

in the case of the frau, what I find is even if the guy they've always known as masculine, even treated like a potential rapist.. yet once they find out he's gay, they treat him as if he's a camp gay and without fail exclaim they always knew he was gay... this is more true in female dominated fields and if they're on equal footing or he's in a lower position.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2023 4:22 AM

Unsophisticated and/or dumb straight people might not believe that a masculine man is gay.

Unsophisticated and dumb people also think that a man who is married to a woman can't be gay.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2023 4:24 AM

I also find that most fraus are incapable of believing that gay men and str8 men can be friends.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2023 4:26 AM

You’re going to have to define masculine.

Cause a gay gym rat with muscles and scruff might look masculine until you turn on Britney Spears or RuPaul’s Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 4:55 AM

R8 “OMG BRITNEY I LOVE HER!”

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2023 5:12 AM

Exactly, R8. Have this guy talk about some.boring straight man sport like football, and he'll have no clue. But ask him about figure skating! Girl!

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2023 5:42 AM

Why would any straight guy pretend to be gay , I’m dumbfounded that people think this happens outside of gay baiting marketing for celebs.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2023 6:02 AM

I couldn’t give a flying fuck either way, OP. Why do you?

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2023 7:13 AM

This type of thread pops up every 10-15 days or so. It's someone who is absolutely obsessed with a "gay men are basically women trapped in men's bodies" fantasy. His threads always seem innocuous enough at first, but once a thread has gathered enough responses, he takes it to the next level, which usually revolves around the idea that every straight man is really gay, or that every gay is lusting after straight men because of their oozing masculinity.

Freak.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2023 8:44 AM

r11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2023 9:23 AM

r11 many women are attracted to moes... and str8 guys are ultimately are held to the whims of str8 women, be it boy bands or fanfiction.

albeit, when pegging became a trend women were into it as long as their male partners weren't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2023 9:26 AM

r11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2023 9:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2023 9:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2023 9:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2023 9:35 AM

To be fair, they're the same with lesbians, who can't be girly-girls. Tell one of them Taylor Swift is gay or bi and watch her corkscrew through the roof with indignation.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2023 11:02 AM

Agree, R20.

And Taylor Swift is a big old dyke.

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2023 12:50 PM

Hetero women lose their shit when men aren't oogling over them. With flaming gay guys, it's not an issue. But if a gay guy happens to look and act masculine, they can't fathom not being the center of his attention.

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2023 3:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2023 8:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2023 8:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!