Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Masters Roberta Flack

Her music has topped Billboard charts with No. 1 singles like “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” and “Killing Me Softly With His Song,” and this special documents her rise to stardom and her experience as a Black woman both in and out of the studio. Along with home movies, archival photos and unreleased music, the documentary includes interviews with Flack herself, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, Clint Eastwood, Yoko Ono and Angela Davis.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 2:26 AM

Official Teaser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2023 8:09 AM

I could never stand her.

this: “Killing Me Softly With His Song,” - says it all, as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2023 9:31 AM

It’s a treat to revisit her story, her activism and her voice, an instrument whose power lay in its sinuous mastery of range, tone and emotion.

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2023 11:41 AM

No one could sing a song slower.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2023 11:44 AM

Love Roberta Flack! Her health is not good now, so I hope she enjoys this documentary about her.

R5,as rebuttal, I present Cassandra Wilson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2023 11:49 AM

[quote]Killing Me Softly With His Song,

worst lyric since time began.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2023 1:02 PM

Dionne is in the documentary!

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2023 8:00 PM

Flack’s extraordinary career comes through with great vigor in this documentary. The documentary was filmed before Flack was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, often referred to as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease. Seeing this documentary is a wonderful way to enjoy the fullness of Robert Flack.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 2:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!