Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna says thank you

Rare thank you from Madonna to her fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2023 5:57 PM

GO AWAY!

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2023 11:03 PM

Ticket sale totals have not been reported. But she sold at least $70 million in tickets through Citibank card pre-sales and day 1 general ticket sales.

It is likely she broke $100 million in one day. The $70 mil figure is based on her Rebel Heart average per ticket. But this tour has large areas of seats that are going for over $1000 in top cities like LA. The same seats that were in the $400s for Rebel heart.

Its only partially about Madonna. Ticket sales are through the roof and the price sensitivity at the higher end is still being tested. Elton John's 2018 tickets were an average of $130....They're over $180 in 2023. And Madonna was able to sell average seats on that theater tour for $290, where her Rebel Heart (2015 or 16) was only $116. (That also explains the availability of available seats on the theater tour).

Fascinating thing is that to prevent scalping and reselling, they are not delivering tickets to buyers digitally until 2-3 days before the concert. This is new.

In LA, where she has four nights booked, thousands of seats at 100 level were going for $1250 before fees and taxes--these aren't even like floor seats in first few rows.

Its so hard to determine what is successful when they are constantly changing the game of ticket sales. There's no more all go on sale day 1, they release in batches to test pricing. But $100 million in first few days is impressive.

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2023 11:16 PM

One thing I forgot to mention, which is worth considering. The change in digital delivery knocks out a huge part of the scalper game. It also prevents "fan scalping" where fans grab whatever tickets they can and then try to get better seats at some point, then they resell their initial tickets the day before at break even or a profit.

Its always assumed scalping, which can be anyone with a computer these days, was a huge part of ticket sales. This new delivery approach really fucks that up because your average ticket reseller sitting on their laptop is not going to want to wait 4-9 months to recoup their investment and take a huge loss by gambling that they will sell their ticket when the market will be flooded with them in the 2 days before showtime.

The people buying these tickets are fans who intend to see the show.

On the other hand, she is still playing arenas where she will only be selling 12-20k seats. That was interesting. Even Lady Gaga and Guns N Roses played Dodgers Stadium in LA two nights in a row. Madonna still playing the ice hockey and basketball arenas in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2023 11:23 PM

She feels like “the luckiest girl in the world”?

Where to begin…

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2023 11:24 PM

Gurl, stay off the webs when you're high AF. And grow your fucking eyebrows backs! Damn!

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2023 11:30 PM

She hasn’t been a “girl” in like seventy years.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2023 11:30 PM

What’s wrong with her eyes?

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2023 11:39 PM

Delighted they’re finally doing something about scalping. That thing in the picture scares me though.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2023 11:50 PM

As OUT of it as she is in that video---she ain't gonna make it to Tour Day. This is Whitney all over again.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2023 12:56 AM

r8 yeah it kind of sucks that anyone with a laptop can buy tickets and then have months to flip them for a profit.

One flip side is that it is good for fans. Stubhub sells tickets up until an hour before showtime. So you can head a concert you like, buy a ticket at rock bottom pricing. The guy next to me at elton john paid $50 for his seat. Works best if its just 1 or 2 of you and won't always work out with a seat so if you're a megafan, you have to buy your own ticket

i got a madonna ticket. i'll see about going to second show the next night if last hour tickets fall enough.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2023 12:57 AM

downers

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2023 1:01 AM

What she really looks like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2023 7:06 PM

"...and if anyone know where my eyebrows are, I'd be happy if they'd be returned to me..."

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2023 7:17 PM

FLOP!!!

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2023 9:23 PM

Why in the fuck didn’t she mail me a card?

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2023 9:46 PM

Yeah, I have no idea who that grotesque chick is but it's not Madonna.

I'm old, I've seen Madonna hundreds of times and that's not her.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2023 9:55 PM

R9, I say it'll be more like MJ than Whitney. Doesn't Madonna, like Michael, have a multi-date block of shows in London? She's a hot mess these days, yes, but my FB feed has been showing "got tix!" posts since tickets went on sale. It's not just my gay friends, it's the housewives, dads and everything in between. Selling her tour as a celebration/nostalgia event is clever and working. The "hot mess" factor and "will she die before" question probably helps. People want to be able to say they saw her live one last time before she croaks.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2023 10:00 PM

How can she, after she managed to become and stay an international superstar for forty years become so blind that she cannot how absurd not only the surgeries have made her look, but the ridiculous filters she insists on using? She looks like she hangs out with Brenda Dickson. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2023 1:00 AM

The ticket prices are insane. It's really terrible how out of reach ticketing for live events has gotten. I've paid lots of money for tickets in the past to see concerts or shows I really wanted to see. I'd like to see this. I have seen her before in very good 10th row floor seats at MSG, that I think I spent about $600 apiece for in 2015. Similar tickets are in the thousands for this show. Even the tickets at the complete opposite end of the arena from the stage in the last row nosebleed section are around $400. That's absurd. I'd rather watch a filmed version of this concert than to watch it from the farthest seat, where it will look like I'm watching an ant farm.

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2023 1:13 AM

(R19) would you want to see her real face up close?

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2023 1:21 AM

I'm here to see her fail.

She cares not a whit about fans, legacy, music or anything other than notoriety which is her lifeblood.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2023 4:53 PM

So Faye.

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2023 4:56 PM

I say “fuck you”

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2023 8:42 PM

When she smiles at the end, one can almost see her old face shining through. If she would just lose the grill and, more importantly, dissolve the lip fillers, it would go a long, long way to making things right. The fillers are totally grotesque.

She's not a stupid person; how can she stomach the full-on Jocelynization of her face??

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2023 9:46 PM

The filters are so strong it renders her image blurry. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2023 9:53 PM

She used to be one of the smartest women in the industry. What the hell happened?

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2023 12:02 AM

^^^^^ All that BBC scrambled her brain cells as well as her ovaries!

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2023 5:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!