Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is wrong with FEDEX?

I live in Orlando and ordered a package two weeks ago. It left ONTARIO, CA, US > CHINO, CA > SAN SIMON, AZ > MOUNTAIN HOME, TX > BAY ST LOUIS, MS > ORLANDO, FL (Yes, almost here and that was last week) > OCOEE, FL (What, wait... come back) > OCALA, FL (No! Wrong way!) > MURFREESBORO, TN (WTF!!!)

What happened? Anybody else have this problem?

by Anonymousreply 47January 24, 2023 12:01 PM

If only there was a way to contact them.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2023 2:05 PM

Contacting them may help. It may also add to the problem. Apparently I had a renegade FedEx delivery person come to pick something up I was returning. She was shrieking about how I didn't "have the paperwork" when, in fact, the information she needed was in her phone.

And it took her three trips to my building to finally pick up the items I was returning (3 computer items from Dell). One of the items never showed up as having been delivered. It took two months before the money was back in my account.

They should have stuck with their "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight" business.

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2023 2:14 PM

It's off course, you have to get the carrier involved; if they tell you to contact the sender then ask for a supervisor.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Contact them, Mary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2023 2:23 PM

We don't have problems with Fedex - must be you. Did you order food?

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2023 2:25 PM

No, it's not food. It is a bench for the porch. The girl who delivered the cover for it, which was ordered at the same time as the bench, probably didn't want to carry it so she sent it away to be delivered when she was off duty. I am very suspicious of those people.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2023 2:28 PM

I ordered something from Chewy.com on Thursday, 1/12 via FexEx ground. It was supposed to arrive on 1/14. It arrived on Tuesday, 1/17.

Lately, FedEx really does blow chunks.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2023 2:31 PM

The last few times I ordered from Amazon was a mess in terms of delivery. Two of the items I finally cancelled because they were (independently) a week late and they had no idea when it would get to me (nor, I believe, where the hell they even were). I stopped using Amazon, but I don't know if was them or Fed Ex.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2023 2:35 PM

R4 I tried calling them, but they tracked my phone number to the package number and the recording wouldn't let me talk to anyone. It kept saying, "The representative doesn't have any further information". Those recordings are getting way too smart.

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2023 2:35 PM

the last item that was delivered to me by fed-ex took 2 weeks to arrive.

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2023 2:38 PM

I stopped reading after "I live in Orlando..."

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2023 2:39 PM

Walmart dot com is giving Amazon a run for its money.

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2023 2:42 PM

[quote] I stopped reading after "I live in Orlando..."

Smell that prissy poser living in Dubuque.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2023 2:44 PM

[quote] Walmart dot com is giving Amazon a run for its money.

Walmart doesn't ship anything to your house! The last few times I tried to order something, it only points you to same day delivery at the local store (which is out of the item, or else I would have ordered on Instacart).

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2023 2:45 PM

I don’t buy groceries from walmart.com but yes, indeed, Walmart delivers to my house.

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2023 2:58 PM

That the package was sent back to TN means that there is something wrong with the label/address. You're going to have to call FedEx and speak to a person. Their system is highly sophisticated and can determine your level of unhappiness by your actions. Dial the number and ask for a representative. Be firm, but remain calm (if they sense stress in your voice, you'll be sent to music-on-hold hell until you calm down). Just keep saying "representative" or hit the 0 (zero/operator) button. You will eventually be connected with a human being who can resolve the problem or at least tell you how to resolve it with the shipper.

by Anonymousreply 16January 22, 2023 3:15 PM

[quote]No, it's not food. It is a bench for the porch. The girl who delivered the cover for it, which was ordered at the same time as the bench, probably didn't want to carry it

Call in to complain about her as well then she should be able to lift 50 lbs at least to be able to have that job. If she can only lift 10 lbs then she isn't fit for the position and should be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2023 3:30 PM

You don't hire an amputee to be a hand model if they lost both of them in a war.

by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2023 3:30 PM

I ordered a printer from Walmart and they had one in the store in the next town over which is about 15 miles but 20-30 minutes away and they delivered it my door the same day I ordered. I had no idea they did this.

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2023 4:08 PM

An interior service to UPS and USPS. Always.

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2023 4:09 PM

You lost us at " I live in Orlando"

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2023 4:27 PM

Inferior, my iPhone is changing the word inferior to interior

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2023 4:30 PM

[quote]You don't hire an amputee to be a hand model if they lost both of them in a war.

But you can hire them as an actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2023 4:35 PM

Yes! I was supposed to receive free 2 day shipping from Fed Ex and it took a damn week. This isn't the first time either!

by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2023 5:11 PM

R22 SJ

by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2023 5:15 PM

I hate FedEx and avoid using merchants that use their services.

They are never on time because they send packages around in some kind of loop from hell which is always going in the opposite direction of my address.

by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2023 5:28 PM

If I lived in Orlando I would be examining weightier things than parcel logistics.

by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2023 5:51 PM

It's not a kidney in that package. There's nothing you can do. It's not lost, it's just been mis-routed and re-routed. You will receive it.

Re: Amazon orders that take a long time. I've learned to just wait for it (rather than reorder). It usually arrives (late) and then you've got to return one of the 2 items you received (or get charged for both).

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2023 5:59 PM

Well, I finally got to a person in FEDEX Asia to answer my questions. She said, "Oh, did you change your address as it is now going to Tennessee. I told her I never did. She said 'well then you will have to talk to the company, because there is nothing I can do!" Click.

It is a company run out of Amazon with nowhere to complain. I am afraid the US infrastructure is collapsing. I just want my porch recliner! Is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2023 6:01 PM

[quote] You lost us at " I live in Orlando"

Who is us, dearie? All the voices in your head?

by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2023 9:14 PM

Whenever I have a package delivered by FedEx (rarely), it’s almost always someone in a car or little van.

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2023 9:24 PM

[quote] If I lived in Orlando I would be examining weightier things than parcel logistics.

Orlando wouldn't have you. But then I'm sure you're used to rejection.

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2023 10:47 PM

[quote] I stopped reading after "I live in Orlando..."

{quote] You lost us at " I live in Orlando"

[quote] If I lived in Orlando I would be examining weightier things than parcel logistics.

It's a parade of sock puppets!

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2023 10:50 PM

You need to call that automated phone line and yell “my name is Karen and I DEMAND to speak to a manager!”

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2023 11:00 PM

FEDEX delivered my package to someone else. Turns out the company changed the address and didn't let me know. I got a refund from Amazon immediately. Jeez!

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2023 11:14 PM

[quote] I live in Orlando and ordered a package two weeks ago. It left ONTARIO, CA

The individual who mistakenly received the Eclipse Anal Thrusting Rotator Probe that you ordered from CalExotics Sex Toys thanks you!

by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2023 11:59 PM

They sent a Target package of mine to Pennsylvania for a few days for no reason whatsoever, and claimed it was a "weather exception" when it wasn't. They also bust up every package with almond milk I receive. I get those shelf stable packs which are boxed and then put inside another box, I don't know how they manage to break them with all that packing material.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2023 12:05 AM

I never have a single problem with FedEx

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2023 12:11 AM

I have an order from Target that got split into three UPS packages that's been floating around for an extra week now, christ knows where -- I shipped a thing I sold on eBay via USPS last week and after scanning it in that day they've shown no movement in a week -- I think we were better off when we couldn't track things and had low expectations for delivery and things just went and were gone until they got there because tracking things has added so much anxiety to my life

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2023 12:21 AM

"Wait four weeks for delivery."

It used to be in every "mail order" ad you saw in a magazine or on television. I never expected what I bought to arrive before that four weeks.

Why aren't people willing to wait with anticipation? Why don't they realize any number of things can impact a delivery date, from weather to a mistake in addressing to the item not being in stock when you order it? I think we are spoiled and that immediate expectation is unrealistic.

I used to drive two hours to a mall to buy the things I wanted when I was a teenager. I wasn't chopping at the bit to get there. It was all in good time, whenever my schedule allowed.

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2023 12:36 AM

[quote]I wasn't [bold]chopping[/bold] at the bit to get there.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2023 12:47 AM

R7 I have the same issue with Chewy. It seems like it travels all over the US to get to the west coast.

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2023 12:54 AM

This summer I sent a Fedex envelope from Manhattan to Long Island. It was going to a law firm and by accident I neglected to add the suite number to the address. Upon delivery, instead of looking for the suite # in the directory, the driver declined to deliver it. He allegedly brought it back to the depot. I spoke to the depot manager who couldn't explain but said he had the envelope in his hand and would make sure it was delivered the next day. It wasn't and the envelope disappeared forever.

by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2023 2:11 AM

Face it OP -- FedEx just isn't into you. Next time, UPS.

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2023 2:36 AM

R40, the reason people aren't willing to 'wait with anticipation' as you suggest is because the rules were recently changed and in most cases we weren't told about the rules change. That means the longer waits coupled with no information leads to anxiety.

For the past many years since the establishment of Amazon in the early 2000s until Covid, in the US, you could rely on the accuracy of delivery dates provided. And since the Amazon era, nobody has been saying "Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery." You usually get your stuff in under a week; and if you have Amazon Prime, then you get it in two days. Not long before Covid, Amazon was providing routine overnight delivery to many Prime members.

As with many other aspects of our gamed economy, I figure that FedEx and others are taking advantage of recent events to claim they are doing the best they can, when in reality they are cutting back on manpower and vehicles. I ordered a couple xmas gifts 3 weeks early, then was told a couple days later they couldn't guarantee delivery by Christmas unless I purchased expedited delivery, which I did. Then a couple more days later the merchant said FedEx wouldn't guarantee even expedited delivery by xmas. I canceled the order.

Vitacost orders used to take a max 3 days. Now they always take at least a week, usually 8 to 10 days. A friend 2 states over mailed a regular first-class letter on January 3rd. I didn't get it until the 12th. Friends are constantly complaining about mail that takes far longer to arrive than it used to.

Amazon's Prime delivery dates are all over the place, anywhere from one day to 4 or 5, depending on the item. But I agree with others on this thread, FedEx is the worst. They won't ship anything in under a week these days.

by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2023 3:55 AM

r39, a trick I've learned with USPS is to sign up for text notifications for a package if it's stuck and not moving. Asking for text notifications almost always gets it unstuck.

by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2023 9:15 AM

[quote] I never have a single problem with FedEx

R38 is Frederick W. Smith

by Anonymousreply 47January 24, 2023 12:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!