Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tale of a bohemian queer love triangle

Thought DLers might enjoy this Observer article…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2023 9:22 PM

Zzzzzzz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2023 11:29 AM

When your relationship has to make a statement… 🙄

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2023 11:35 AM

You lost me at "queer"

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2023 11:42 AM

R3 this situation is queer indeed.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2023 11:50 AM

Who’s the young Bill Gates on the right?

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2023 12:41 PM

So many layers of deluded cosplay taking up ALL their productive lives. How do they have any life force left after their 30s?

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2023 12:50 PM

Puke

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2023 12:50 PM

To the lions

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2023 12:52 PM

What a self absorbed stupid bitch. I hate this a lot

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2023 12:55 PM

I could hardly get through the article, skimming most of it, so I can't imagine slogging through the book.

Never mind the manufactured drama and entire paragraphs that didn't even merit a sentence.. Yet, it's been published.

The coup de grace was "queer", apparently the 21st century word for "bohemian."

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2023 1:02 PM

I'm confused why this needed to be written.

Cliffnotes - She was fucking a guy. He didn't seem to like her. She left town for two years but kept writing the guy who didn't like her. Came back. Guy is dating her male friend. She thinks they are in a queer love triangle but the guy still isn't too interested in her. She leaves him alone. Guy dies. The two friends reconcile eventually and she marries some random guy. She's not really a big part of the story but makes it about herself.

Thrilling.

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2023 1:14 PM

isnt she trans, though? or did i misunderstand right from the start?

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2023 1:19 PM

R12 She is

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2023 1:21 PM

Yes and apparently Xir went to King's College "to become a woman". Fuck all you losers studying an academic domain.

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2023 1:22 PM

Oh so it's a gay love triangle. I originally thought that becoming a woman was just a coming of age thing.

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2023 1:37 PM

[quote] isnt she trans, though? or did i misunderstand right from the start?

Okay, it wasn't just me. I'm guessing from the name she must be trans. She's a very pretty one.

I don't want to read the book but I've had a similar situation happen in my twenties. Shit is messy then and I wouldn't judge. I also wouldn't get a book deal over it but hey, I suppose that's a little classier than splaying it all over the pages of a gossip rag.

by Anonymousreply 16January 22, 2023 1:56 PM

Exquise me but both lovelies pictured are trans, n'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2023 2:00 PM

Thanks for the cliff notes, which helped immensely. The deceased friend died in an accident.

by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2023 2:02 PM

So the one that actually had a cock died in an accident?

Ugh.

0/5 DO NOT RECOMMEND

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2023 2:04 PM

FTM have a wolf in sheep’s clothing thing around the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2023 8:35 PM

Woops I meant mtf .

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2023 8:37 PM

[quote]The coup de grace was "queer", apparently the 21st century word for "bohemian."

I've said this before, "queer" is now a cultural term, like "hippie." The only thing it means is "we're not in the mainstream and we're very proud of that and we want everyone to know it."

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2023 9:00 PM

Is the one in the button-up shirt a man or a transman?

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2023 9:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!