Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyonce stans, what's all this drama online about her Dubai show today?

It seems like the Beyhive is turning on her, honey!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2023 7:47 PM

I'm going to Dubai!

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2023 4:28 PM

Her fans are gays. Yet she's performing in a violently homophobic country. I mean she performed for dictators and George W Bush. I don't take it personally or anything because she's a capitalist. But I understand why some gays especially black ones would be disgusted and feel betrayed

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2023 10:35 PM

Beyonce will probably deny this happened years later. She denied performing for Bush with Destiny's Child. She's a pathological liar and a media trained puppet. She's extremely polite and stays quiet. So easy to project a goddess persona onto her. She shows herself with behavior like this, how she profited off of Hurricane Katrina, The Houston snowstorm, black deaths like Trayvon, the gangsta lifestyle with Jay-Z.

I think she loves music and wants to be taken seriously but is greedy and was trained by her sociopathic father to always want to earn money. She will never retire and stop chasing trends and compromising her morals. Her albums are not works of art and all soulless and lack perspective.

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2023 11:00 PM

When did that demon take over her body?

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2023 11:18 PM

I can see Allah's asshole from my minaret!

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2023 11:19 PM

I love you for this, R:1

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2023 11:21 PM

Renaissance in particular was supposed to be an ode to the LGBT community. Yet she jumped on a cash grab to perform in an anti-gay country. I agree that I don't understand why her fans expect any type of morals from her or any artist for that matter. Most are narcissists who only care about themselves.

The LGBT thing with Renaissance was just her blatantly trend hopping and using social issues for clout which she has done her whole career. See also her suddenly becoming an outspoken "feminist" during her self-titled album era.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2023 11:26 PM

Beyonce is a no-talent cunt used to fill the void left behind by Whitney. Without her husband cooking the books, she’d be working at McDonald’s flipping burgers. She can barely add 2+2.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2023 11:27 PM

Madonna also played there.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2023 11:27 PM

R3 I’m sure that you made a very cogent argument but you lost me at “off of”.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2023 11:32 PM

I saw clips of the show on social media and it looked very underwhelming. She barely moved and didn't seem to have much passion. It was very Mariah-ish.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2023 11:34 PM

R3 how did she make money out of those things? It's not that I don't believe you, just that I've never heard about it before. I don't really follow what she does, but I do feel sorry for her daughter for looking like Jay-Z. Poor kid lost the genetic lottery.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2023 2:04 AM

R12 In her visual album for Lemonade, she had scenes in her music video Formation which is filmed in New Orleans, she showing herself on a car sinking into water as a tribute to Hurricane Katrina and featured the mothers of young black men killed by police holding pictures of their dead sons. Also the little boy dancing in front of armed police and raising his hands in the air as a tribute to "hands up and don't shoot." There's a lot of debate over this and whether it was pandering and exploiting tragedy to sell an album. Many New Orleans residents had mixed opinions on it.

When Houston got hit by a snowstorm, her brand Ivy Park conventionally pushed a winter gear campaign. Though may have been bad timing. She and Jay-Z push themselves as a black Bonnie and Clyde and glamorize this relationship of a successful gangster and his mob moll wife who's put on a pedestal and everyone must bow to her. There's a lot of debate on whether she's a good role model because of all the mixed messages she sends.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2023 2:16 AM

r13 the Ivy Park winter campaign during that horrible winter storm in her hometown was awful. She seemed really out of touch.

r11 agree, she is slowing down. soon she'll be rolled out to stage like Mimi 😁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Dress looks tacky as hell.

She'll forever be a country bumpkin, just like her peer Britney Spears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2023 3:17 AM

she looks fat

by Anonymousreply 16January 22, 2023 3:18 AM

How much was she paid?

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2023 3:19 AM

[quote]It seems like the Beyhive is turning on her, honey!

Oh please. In two weeks time, all will be forgiven and they'll be eating the corn outta her shit.

by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2023 3:22 AM

I'm seeing reports that she was paid $25 million to perform for an hour.

Not a bad gig.

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2023 3:22 AM

She seems like an incredibly sweet and simple minded person and she does work hard. But you can tell she's not happy and is heavily controlled by others. The reason she's been challenged by real Black women feminists like bell hooks and Chimamanda Adichie because of the mixed messages she sends. One minutes she's all about loving herself and black power but wears fake hair, puts emphasis on always seeming and looking perfect, can never be vulnerable, just promotes shallow materialism in her lyrics and being in a patriarchal toxic relationships where your husband cheats and you forgive him. She reinforces a lot of colorism and unrealistic standards with her marketing though I don't blame her really as she's woefully uneducated. She's just a puppet who cosigns work others have done.

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2023 3:24 AM

She is always dead behind the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2023 3:56 AM

whore aint got enuf $$$ ??? the world should turn on her fukin skank ass.

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2023 8:34 AM

Do her actually sleep with her beast husband?

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2023 8:43 AM

I love Beyonce but she’s a pop artist and her work can’t be taken seriously.

Her genius is in her brand and power, not her actual message. They’re concepts and themes for the art / product and shouldn’t be taken as anything more than that.

She has always been Miss Perfect. Just look at the beauty pageant photos when she was a child. She was molded that way, that’s the only person she knows how to be.

And then we find out ugly ass Jay-Z cheats on her and she stands by him. I think their relationship is very legal and political.

As for her performance in Dubai, she’s not the first pop singer with a gay following to perform there. They all have.

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2023 9:14 AM

[quote]As for her performance in Dubai, she’s not the first pop singer with a gay following to perform there. They all have.

And I am sure none for $25 million for one hour or work. Damn! That's hard to turn down when that kind of money is staring you in the face. And not that she needs it, but to add it to your pop diva resume as the largest sum ever earned by a performer for one hour of work.

by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2023 9:19 AM

How much of the profits from the alleged LGBT album and tour for Renaissance, funded by every Yasss Kween, will go to HIV/AIDS research? This bitch is a crook who will jump on any bandwagon to profit.

by Anonymousreply 26February 2, 2023 9:03 PM

On the upside, she’ll never be happy, she’s an abyss and soulless, and her husband is always cheating on her.

by Anonymousreply 27February 2, 2023 9:04 PM

She has never stood up for the LGBTQ+ community or women. Have we ever heard her speak protects for women's right to choose in the South being stripped away? Shes a greedy and bland celebrity

by Anonymousreply 28February 2, 2023 9:10 PM

She doesn't speak at all. She is a performer who really owes us nothing more than what we want from her - and that is to be her amazing self. It doesn't make her a crook. It just means she's doing her job. Not every celebrity has to stand publicly for something. And I know she gives a lot to the black community privately. So you can stop with your hissing.

by Anonymousreply 29February 2, 2023 10:21 PM

Not to mention she wants to pretend she’s this great symbol for black people yet she won’t perform in Africa cause no country there can afford her fees.

But her fans won’t care.

by Anonymousreply 30February 2, 2023 10:33 PM

I'll love it when Beyonce's thyroid issues get to the point that her eyes bug out like the tard princess she is.

Horrible, talentless, low cunt.

by Anonymousreply 31February 2, 2023 10:34 PM

R31 uses the word "tard" like a fourth grader.

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2023 7:25 PM

Lots of stars perform in Dubai

Yo all are grasping at straws

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2023 7:26 PM

She used to have a personality. You can see it in earlier videos. She was never particularly well-educated, but she did have fun. Something happened when she married Jay-Z. The light went out completely.

by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2023 7:34 PM

R32 You really bumped this thread about that?

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2023 7:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!