Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeremy Renner reveals he broke over 30 bones in snowplow accident

And posts photo from his recovery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2023 11:48 PM

Nice to hear he's back home now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2023 7:11 PM

It's great to see both legs and arms in that Instagram picture. I had been assuming that he'd lost one or both.

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2023 7:18 PM

Now if he could just fix the face, he'd be in business.

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2023 7:20 PM

I like Chris Evans' tweet.

"that's one tough mf'er".

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2023 7:20 PM

I love his face. It's unusual, but still handsome.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2023 7:21 PM

He’s so lucky to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2023 7:27 PM

I'm nosy this way, but I wonder what amount out-of-pocket he has to pay for his medical bills.

Disney is notoriously cheap and greedy so they ain't paying, even though he's an employee of Marvel. I guess it would depend on his contract.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2023 7:33 PM

I think the Actor’s union has excellent medical insurance, so he’s probably covered under that. Is he an employee of Marvel? I didn’t think it worked that way.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2023 7:38 PM

Of course he’s not, r8.

R7 is typing from the 1940s when actors were tied to their studios. Though why a comic book company would have him in their employ is beyond me.

This was discussed at length in the original thread about his accident.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2023 7:41 PM

[quote] I'm nosy this way, but I wonder what amount out-of-pocket he has to pay for his medical bills.

I'm quite confident he has top notch health insurance.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2023 7:41 PM

[quote]I had been assuming that he'd lost one or both.

Not to be morbid, but depending on the severity of the injuries to the covered leg, he might still lose it or find that it's essentially useless. It's remarkable that he survived this and that he's already back home. Without his wealth he'd probably be stuck living in a rehab facility for several months.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2023 7:47 PM

You’d think he would have died of shock in the snow. He really is a tough mf’er.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2023 8:12 PM

True, R11, I thought of that but decided not to complicate the sentiment. He's got both for now, at least!

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2023 8:56 PM

No doubt r11 and r13. He has months of rehab ahead, but he’s fortunate to be able to do it at home. I’m sure that is coming out of his pocket.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2023 9:39 PM

My mother used to live next door to Eliza Dushku's dad. They both taught in the same school district for a while.

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2023 9:41 PM

I should not post while drinking - that was the wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2023 9:41 PM

Jeremy appears to have lots of love and support from family & friends. So he's ahead of the game already. When you're rehabbing from serious injury or surgery having people around who love you and are there for you makes a huge difference in how long before you're back on your feet. Trust me I know this all too well.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2023 1:16 PM

"I'm nosy this way, but I wonder what amount out-of-pocket he has to pay for his medical bills."

SAG offers medical insurance, but if he's paying out of pocket for stuff it's probably for home care. I don't know about SAG specifically but the average US private healthcare policy covers home visits by physical therapists and nurses 2-3 times a week under some circumstances, and may or may not cover DME like that hospital bed, but I don't think any medical insurances in the US cover home health aides. So he's probably paying out of pocket for a good chunk of his home care, and I'd do the same in his position.

Someone said that he might have a two year recovery, so this might cost him a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2023 10:43 PM

Has anything been said yet about his show? Mayor of Kingstown? Will he be replaced or the show cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2023 11:56 PM

Of course now Renner (and his publicist) have declared him a hero who "saved the life of his nephew"...yawn. I don't believe it. Dumbass should have used the emergency brake. Closet queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2023 11:25 PM

His nephew or his 'nephew', R20? Inquiring minds...

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2023 11:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!