Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alec Baldwin charged with involuntary manslaughter

Dios mio!

by Anonymousreply 321January 30, 2023 6:50 AM

Rude little pigโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ”ซ

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2023 3:03 PM

Grand jury will issue no-bill.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2023 3:04 PM

Will he be raped in prison?

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2023 3:06 PM

Prop armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed has also been charged.

The movieโ€™s assistant director, Dave Halls, who was cited in sheriff's reports as the person who handed the weapon to Baldwin and announced to the crew it was a โ€œcold gun,โ€ signed a plea bargain with the DA for the charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon, accepting a suspended sentence and six months of probation.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2023 3:07 PM

WTF? Why now?

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2023 3:08 PM

Charge him all you want, but give Hilaria the death penalty..

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2023 3:13 PM

He will get a fine and community service of his choice

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2023 3:15 PM

Talk about Schweddy balls.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2023 3:15 PM

Honestly, I didnโ€™t expect it. I understand even accidents have consequences but I really donโ€™t think he did anything wrong and the young girl who was in charge of the guns should have been charged instead.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2023 3:22 PM

Rink prease

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2023 3:23 PM

[quote] The movieโ€™s assistant director, Dave Halls, who was cited in sheriff's reports as the person who handed the weapon to Baldwin and announced to the crew it was a โ€œcold gun,โ€ signed a plea bargain with the DA for the charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon, accepting a suspended sentence and six months of probation.

What this sounds like to me is that the DA wants to make an example of Baldwin (because of his celebrity) and make a name on the National stage

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2023 3:24 PM

I understand why the idiot who loaded the gun is charged, but don't understand why Baldwin is charged? Did he have responsibility in ensuring blanks were in the gun? Serious question. What is an actor's responsibility in this situation?

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2023 3:27 PM

That smug narcissistic fuck when on ABC and ranted he didn't even pull the trigger shortly after she died. Remember that filth? And posted his 10 children dressed up for Halloween? He and his wife were disgusting from the start. Zero regard that this woman was dead - couldn't tear themselves away from social media and acting like they were the victims.

Have fun in court. Hope there are cheap flights to New Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2023 3:27 PM

Here's a link. I'm not the OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2023 3:29 PM

^^Sorry, that's r/HillariaBaldwin

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2023 3:30 PM

If Baldwin was charged along with the rest of the production team for allowing the dangerous conditions to continue on the set which ultimately lead to the shooting, I would understand that.

However, charging him as the actor who had been handed a gun that had been left loaded by te armorer, the AD, and all the chucklefucks who had been playing around with the gun is just stupid.

Why wasn't the armorer charged?

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2023 3:30 PM

None of which makes him a murderer, r13.

I know DL is going to be overrun with people who think "I hate Alec Baldwin; therefore, he should be convicted of murder," but I would like to think that's not how our justice system works.

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2023 3:31 PM

THE ARMORER WAS ALSO CHARGED, R16. Don't comment until you know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2023 3:33 PM

Whooops I didnโ€™t read all of it before I commented. I now see Hannah Gutierrez Reed was charged as well.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2023 3:38 PM

The annoying whiners over on r/HilariaBaldwin are ecstatic. They still don't get that New Mexico's criminal justice system is a mess and Baldwin could get acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2023 3:42 PM

DA wants to make a name for themselves - period.

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2023 3:43 PM

Most importantly what are Whoopiโ€™s thoughts on this?

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2023 3:46 PM

Does anyone think that if Tom Hanks fired a loaded gun that he was handed by the armorer and accidentally killed someone, he would be charged? Let's be honest, there's no way that America's Dad would be blamed the same way that Baldwin is.

This prosecution comes down to Baldwin's poor handling of the case in the media and his reputation as a temperamental asshole.

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2023 3:47 PM

Tom Hanks is about to be indicted for child rape.

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2023 3:52 PM

How is one charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter when only one person died.?

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2023 3:54 PM

I would consider 18 months away from that fake wife and all those kids a vacation.

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2023 3:57 PM

Ammunition was also found in the bag containing the blanks.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2023 3:57 PM

R23 Does Baldwin's role as a producer on this shoddy production come into play on whether he was charged or not, do you think?

I think there was a lot of public pressure put on the DA's office. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the users of the r/Hilaria sub were emailing their office weekly demanding that charges be brought. Some of them are *really* nuts.

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2023 3:57 PM

R13, this isn't your Reddit group. You sound like a fucking lunatic to people outside of it.

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2023 3:58 PM

Yes, this was his production, so ultimately he was in charge of safety. And the damning thing is that they (he?) canceled the gun safety meeting that was supposed to take place for the production crew. So, yes, he has culpability.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2023 4:02 PM

Danny Cevallos, legal correspondent, was on MSNBC this morningโ€ฆ and he said he didnโ€™t think Baldwin would be charged. But if he was, he said it would be nearly impossible to get a conviction. They essentially have to prove that he knew the gun was dangerous, and handled it recklessly. Thereโ€™s no way he could know that, when he thought the gun was a prop.

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2023 4:02 PM

Dios Mio! Mucho bambinos!

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2023 4:02 PM

Alec should plead guilty to avoid the stress of a trial. Take the Felicity Huffman route, it will allow him to move on faster and with less PR damage.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2023 4:05 PM

This does sound like a DA trying to make a name for themself, by overcharging a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2023 4:07 PM

[quote] Grand jury will issue no-bill.

Itโ€™s not going to the grand jury, itโ€™s going before a judge.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2023 4:08 PM

[quote] which ultimately lead to the shooting,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2023 4:08 PM

[quote] Alec Baldwin charged with involuntary manslaughter

Get a rope !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2023 4:09 PM

[quote] None of which makes him a murderer, [R13].

Heโ€™s not being charged with murder, heโ€™s being charged with involuntary manslaughter.

At its barest essence: you accidentally or recklessly killed someone.

by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2023 4:10 PM

Jimmmaaayyyyy!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2023 4:14 PM

R39, you shouldโ€™ve kept your fucking mouth shut *bang*!

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2023 4:15 PM

โ€œThe prosecutors just threw the book at Alec Baldwin and Hannah Gutierrez Reed,โ€ Abrams said. He added, โ€œThey threw everything they possibly could at both of them. In particular, when you talk about these involuntary manslaughter charges, typically in the state of New Mexico, the maximum punishment for involuntary manslaughter is up to 18 months. Well, they have added an enhancement on one of the charges, a firearm enhancement, which adds a potential mandatory penalty because a firearm was involved. ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’Š๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’Ž ๐’†๐’๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’†๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’Œ๐’†๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’„๐’“๐’Š๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‘๐’–๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’‰๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’‚ ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’…๐’‚๐’•๐’๐’“๐’š ๐’‡๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’š๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’”.โ€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2023 4:19 PM

Sad to think of those little pepinos growing up with Peepaw in the slammer.

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2023 4:20 PM

A receptionist once told me that she took a message for her boss and the person said, 'he has the number,' and she'd say, 'but I don't. so please give it to me in case he asks for it, thanks.'

Not exactly the same but if I were handed a gun on set and was told it was blank, I'd say show me. (Well, I would NOW; I might not have before this tragedy.)

by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2023 4:28 PM

His arrogance directly following the incident wonโ€™t sit well with jurors. That notorious ABC interview he did very soon afterwards certainly wonโ€™t help.

by Anonymousreply 44January 19, 2023 4:30 PM

he's a monstah!

he's CRUEWELLL!!

He's a willful little boy!

I don't care that his farther beat him!

I DON'T CARE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2023 4:34 PM

It's cute that you think the ABC interview would be evidence in a criminal manslaughter trial, r44.

by Anonymousreply 46January 19, 2023 4:34 PM

[quote]Not exactly the same but if I were handed a gun on set and was told it was blank, I'd say show me.

It wasn't blank, it was supposed to have blanks in it, and on these old guns you can't necessarily tell just by looking briefly at the chamber whether it's loaded with a blank or live ammo. You have to take the cartridge out and check. An actor would NOT have had the experience to know by looking whether it was live or a blank. That is VERY SPECIFICALLY what the armorer and AD are for.

My guess is that the aforementioned chucklefucks were playing around with the gun, left live ammo in it, then both the armorer and the AD just glanced at the chamber instead of taking the blank out and examining it directly.

by Anonymousreply 47January 19, 2023 4:37 PM

[quote].They essentially have to prove that he knew the gun was dangerous, and handled it recklessly.

Real guns are always dangerous. Basic gun safety is you NEVER point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, EVER. This is why Baldwin was scrambling with his interview saying he didn't pull the trigger. He lied about this because he knew it would be considered reckless to assume a real gun is unloaded and fire it at someone.

Other actors have stated that when 'firing' a real gun at someone you always have the armorer show you it's not loaded.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2023 4:39 PM

I can see the tendency to view this episode as throwing the book at a high profile, loudmouth jerk, but this was such a preventable, stupid accident - not unlike that episode a couple of years when the production crew was killed on the train tracks for that Greg Allman movie - it doesn't seem like a bad thing to send a message that not following protocol has very serious consequences for *everyone*

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2023 4:45 PM

Iโ€™m actually surprised this type of gun accident hasnโ€™t happened more often on movie sets.

by Anonymousreply 50January 19, 2023 4:46 PM

-A quick recap of the incident accidental gunfire during a rehearsal is what it has been called.

-A single bullet killed cinematographer Helena Hutchins and wounded the film's director Joel Souza Alec Baldwin both an actor and producer on that movie was holding the gun when it fired.

-Baldwin claimed he never pulled the trigger.

-An FBI forensic report tells a very different story; it says the weapon could not have been fired without pulling the trigger.

-Alec Baldwin and the films armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed will each be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Helena Hutchins on the film Santa Fe county set in 2021

by Anonymousreply 51January 19, 2023 4:48 PM

Will Alec be in the slammer when Ireland gives birth to his first grandchild?

by Anonymousreply 52January 19, 2023 4:49 PM

Itโ€™s not the actorโ€™s job to know whether the gun is appropriately loaded or not. Thereโ€™s someone who is specifically trained and paid to make sure of thatโ€ฆthe armorer.

This case would be like charging a pilot for flying an airplane with an engine that wasnโ€™t installed properly, after a mechanic signed off that everything was a-ok.

by Anonymousreply 53January 19, 2023 4:52 PM

[quote] Itโ€™s not the actorโ€™s job to know whether the gun is appropriately loaded or not.

Any responsible gun owner knows better than that.

โ€œAll my career, without incident, Iโ€™ve relied on the safety experts [on set] to declare the gun safe and never had a problem,โ€ Baldwin said in 2022 at the Boulder International Film Festival. โ€œAnd [then,] this happened.โ€

That defense might fall short, experts said.

โ€œRegardless of what the practice may be in the entertainment industry, and regardless of what the protocols are on Hollywood sets, thatโ€™s not the law,โ€ Ahouraian said. โ€œThe gun was in his hands. And if thereโ€™s any possibility that you are handling something that could harm someone, then you have an obligation to handle it safely.โ€

Joshua Kastenberg, a law professor at the University of New Mexico, noted Carmack-Altwies approached the case by scrutinizing the actions of everyone who handled the weapon and the live ammunition.

โ€œEveryone in that chain of custody had some responsibility,โ€ Kastenberg said. โ€œ๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘š๐‘–๐‘›๐‘Ž๐‘™ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘”๐‘’๐‘ , ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ โ€˜๐‘–๐‘กโ€™๐‘  ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘—๐‘œ๐‘โ€™ ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘“๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘›โ€™๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘™๐‘ฆ. ๐ผ๐‘“ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž ๐‘”๐‘ข๐‘› ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘, ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘–๐‘š๐‘๐‘™๐‘–๐‘๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘™๐‘ฆ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘๐‘–๐‘™๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ .โ€

by Anonymousreply 54January 19, 2023 4:57 PM

r53 Except that this was Alec's production and he or someone else canceled the gun safety meeting that was scheduled for him and production staff. Also, many of the production crew had walked off the set THE SAME DAY to protest issues with production in general on set. Also, there are some stories floating around that there was some fucking around outside of production with the firearms (i.e. target practice, etc.). That last part is not verified, the other two points are.

The point is (and to go along with your analogy) he was the CEO IN CHARGE of airplane safety in general, and he failed at his job.

by Anonymousreply 55January 19, 2023 4:58 PM

[quote]Also, many of the production crew had walked off the set THE SAME DAY to protest issues with production in general on set. Also, there are some stories floating around that there was some fucking around outside of production with the firearms (i.e. target practice, etc.). That last part is not verified, the other two points are.

Well, I guess weโ€™ll find out if this goes to trial. Personally, I donโ€™t think a jury will convict him. But the fact that heโ€™s a huge asshole probably wonโ€™t help.

by Anonymousreply 56January 19, 2023 5:02 PM

[quote] It's cute that you think the ABC interview would be evidence in a criminal manslaughter trial, [R44].

Why wouldnโ€™t it be? It goes to prior statements.

Very few criminal defendants tell the story of what happened in a TV interview. If nothing else, the defense may want to introduce it to show his denying ever pulling the trigger without his having to testify.

by Anonymousreply 57January 19, 2023 5:06 PM

R13 R42 Please keep reddit on reddit.

Spending hours a day on r/hilariabaldwin has distorted your perception of reality, and almost certainly identifies you as being a straight woman interloper.

by Anonymousreply 58January 19, 2023 5:19 PM

ยกMis bebรฉs! ยฟQuiรฉn pagarรก para alimentar a mis miles de bebรฉs? ยฟY mi Lulu Lemon? ยกSรกlvame! ยกOh, sรกlvame!

by Anonymousreply 59January 19, 2023 5:19 PM

I'M CUMMING!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 19, 2023 5:28 PM

Well bust my balls, I assumed the charge against Baldwin, if convicted, wouldn't be severe, resulting in suspended prison time and a fine, like the assistant director got. After all, New Mexico wants to keep the movie revenue stream going and not scare people away by incarcerating famous actors. But then I read this:

Both charges are felonies typically carrying maximum penalties of 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine. But, in this case, Carmack-Altwiesโ€™s office has added a so-called firearm enhancement to the involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act charge, meaning anyone convicted of that count would be required to spend five years in prison.

FIVE YEARS in the slammer? What judge want's to be that guy?

by Anonymousreply 61January 19, 2023 5:28 PM

*wants*

by Anonymousreply 62January 19, 2023 5:29 PM

They're not going to put an actor in prison for a malfunctioning prop weapon.

Charge the prop master, and the firearms consultant, and the unit production manager. Hell, charge ALL the producers. But the actor was just handling a weapon given to him by others.

They didn't prosecute the estate of Vic Morrow when he and those child actors got sliced to bits by a falling helicopter on a movie set. The actor is a part of the production - not in charge of it.

by Anonymousreply 63January 19, 2023 5:34 PM

goood !!!! and the amourer especially......

by Anonymousreply 64January 19, 2023 5:37 PM

[quote] They didn't prosecute the estate of Vic Morrow when he and those child actors got sliced to bits by a falling helicopter on a movie set.

Why would they? He was a victim too. And they did prosecute the production and the director.

[quote] The actor is a part of the production - not in charge of it.

Except that Baldwin was more than a mere actor on this set. He was a producer.

by Anonymousreply 65January 19, 2023 5:37 PM

Baldwin was a producer also.

by Anonymousreply 66January 19, 2023 5:38 PM

[quote].They're not going to put an actor in prison for a malfunctioning prop weapon.

It wasn't malfunctioning, but that wasn't my point.

I was shocked the prosecutor added the extra 'firearm enhancement'.

by Anonymousreply 67January 19, 2023 5:39 PM

he will be a bossy bottom in prison.

by Anonymousreply 68January 19, 2023 5:44 PM

How long until he has a meltdown and punches someone in public?

by Anonymousreply 69January 19, 2023 5:45 PM

Many people on DL who hate Baldwin don't understand that you do not prosecute a person for being a colossal douche bag.

The armorer is at fault. The assistant director as well. Who called the gun cold. He as very smart to make a deal.

Baldwin is guilty as a producer. That's a few steps removed from that RECKLESS cunt armorer.

Yes, he's a pathetic douche. Different subject.

by Anonymousreply 70January 19, 2023 5:46 PM

[quote]I think there was a lot of public pressure put on the DA's office. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the users of the r/Hilaria sub were emailing their office weekly demanding that charges be brought. Some of them are *really* nuts.

I think most of the users on that sub are over the top when it comes to anger regarding the Baldwin family. There was a thread on there where someone wanted to contact the New Mexico's AG office. I wouldn't be surprised if they contacted the DA's office a bunch of times to whine about Alec and possibly Hilaria. I commented above about New Mexico's criminal justice system being a mess. I currently live in NM and I wouldn't be surprised if he Alec gets acquitted. The posters on r/hilaria are putting too much faith in the Santa Fe County DA's office and the sheriff's department. When the video of Alec being interviewed by two female detectives was released some of the people on the reddit sub where labeling the two cops "bad asses". I've watched the video a couple of times. The detectives didn't come as intelligent or "bad ass". I think the r/hilaria posters base their views on "bad ass women detectives" from shows like Law&Order, CSI, or the procedural cop shows. Competent detectives do exist, but the detectives who interviewed Alec aren't in that category.

Somewhere on one of the r/hilaria threads, a poster had the stupid theory that the sheriff's department arranged for those female detectives to interview because of Alec's difficult history with women. When I read that shit I rolled my eyes because there's no way a law enforcement agency in NM is going to have in depth knowledge of various actors' histories in the media. Also, in the video Alec wasn't rude to the detectives. I'm moving out of the New Mexico the next few months, but I'll still follow the case when it goes to trial and I'll be checking the r/hilaria forum to see how the nutsos spin the trial. If Alec walks, it will be interesting to see meltdowns on that sub. Knowing how they are they'll probably want to launch some loony campaign to try and get the governor involved or some other stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 71January 19, 2023 5:49 PM

[quote]It wasn't malfunctioning,

It was malfunctioning. A prop doesnโ€™t have real bullets in it, insofar as what an actor would know about it.

by Anonymousreply 72January 19, 2023 5:49 PM

R72 Stop posting if you refuse to read anything pertaining to the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 19, 2023 5:52 PM

Actors are supposed to check that the gun chamber is empty with the AD or armorer. Baldwin is an arrogant SOB so of course he would disregard this standard practice.

by Anonymousreply 74January 19, 2023 5:53 PM

R58 That's not how life works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 19, 2023 5:53 PM

Iโ€™m very happy to see that he will finally be held accountable. Heโ€™s a terrible person and should never have been given any roles for the last six or more years.

by Anonymousreply 76January 19, 2023 5:57 PM

Actors Equity would say Baldwin was at fault

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 19, 2023 5:57 PM

Clean my pool, Mike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 19, 2023 6:05 PM

This is BS. He committed no crime.

by Anonymousreply 79January 19, 2023 6:10 PM

Thank you for the actors equity rules. Are they official and is every actor obliged to follow them or they are potentially guilty of damage if they do not?

If so, I have changed my mind and Baldwin should fry.

by Anonymousreply 80January 19, 2023 6:11 PM

R17, the charge is not murder, it's involuntary manslaughter. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 81January 19, 2023 6:25 PM

[quote] It's cute that you think the ABC interview would be evidence in a criminal manslaughter trial, [R44].

Not R44, but whatever he said in an interview is admissible as evidence.

by Anonymousreply 82January 19, 2023 6:27 PM

[quote]I understand why the idiot who loaded the gun is charged, but don't understand why Baldwin is charged? Did he have responsibility in ensuring blanks were in the gun? Serious question. What is an actor's responsibility in this situation?

We have been through this about a thousand times since the tragic incident occurred. Some people feel Baldwin is at least partly responsible as a producer of the film and also because, apparently, the understanding is that an actor should NEVER point a gun directly at anyone EVEN IF the actor has been assured that the gun is not loaded with live bullets.

by Anonymousreply 83January 19, 2023 6:29 PM

Does it not have some bearing if the gun is pointed/fired at a person not in the scene? Does that create some kind of recklessness or liability?

by Anonymousreply 84January 19, 2023 6:36 PM

Well the Equity guidelines are crystal clear. I am shocked nobody posted them before on DL in these debates. I was misinformed and thought the actor is not expected to check out the gun so closely.

by Anonymousreply 85January 19, 2023 6:39 PM

I wouldn't think so, R84. Again, apparently the rule of thumb is that you never point a gun directly at ANYBODY during a shoot (pardon the expression). And when you think about it, there's absolutely no reason why anyone would have to do so.

by Anonymousreply 86January 19, 2023 6:39 PM

But are the equity guidelines BINDING - I mean part of a contract. Legally binding?

by Anonymousreply 87January 19, 2023 6:39 PM

Why don't you use the R# to the posters you keep quoting, R83? That way the posters you're quoting can see that you are arguing with them and they'll have a chance to reply if they want.

This thread is full of quotes without the R#. Always seems chickenshit to me.

by Anonymousreply 88January 19, 2023 6:39 PM

This is the New Mexico definition of involuntary manslaughter...

"Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection."

Baldwin failing to practice the industry standard on set safety protocols and pointing a gun at someone, cocking it, then pulling the trigger, directly resulting in a woman being shot and killed? That seems to fit the definition of involuntary manslaughter. It doesn't read as due caution or circumspection to me. Especially given his role as a producer as well as actor. Malice isn't required for manslaughter.

I agree that my initial post came off as completely unhinged (and contained a glaring typo - MARY). I do not belong to the Hilaria reddit group, and you're right - she has nothing to do with this - I need to cool my jets.

That being said, I just keep thinking if someone shot and killed my sister or mother or close friend under these circumstances (I'm single and not into women, but let's even include a hypothetical female partner/wife), I would want the person charged and held responsible for her death. And his arrogant interviews while the investigation was pending, turning himself into the victim, saying he never pulled the trigger, blaming everyone else, taking no accountability... well that sure didn't help matters.

Is this an overly emotional take on the situation? Sure.

But looking at the legal definition of involuntary manslaughter? It seems like a case can certainly be made against him.

by Anonymousreply 89January 19, 2023 6:40 PM

Maybe Hollywood should stop producing so many films with so much gun violence. They want to talk about gun control but don't want to address their wrecklessness over saturation of bullets firing.

by Anonymousreply 90January 19, 2023 6:40 PM

You know, there's such a thing as an honest mistake. I know, hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 91January 19, 2023 6:41 PM

Reckless people usually have wrecks.

by Anonymousreply 92January 19, 2023 6:41 PM

R88, since I quoted the person's words, I don't see how it's "chickenshit." But yes, I agree that it would be helpful if I included the response number as well, so will do so in future.

by Anonymousreply 93January 19, 2023 6:47 PM

Question: Does anyone here know if Baldwin STILL claims he did not pull the trigger? I'm wondering what was the most recent date on which he said that.

by Anonymousreply 94January 19, 2023 6:50 PM

Iโ€™ve been listening to a YT lawyer & (for what itโ€™s worth), sheโ€™s saying that this will boil down to โ€œBaldwin should not, under any circumstances, have pointed a gun at anyoneโ€. The industry standard is that guns can be pointed at cameras provided that the crew are not present and are using monitors instead. There were no monitors that day because the crew had walked off due to safety concerns. It wonโ€™t be about the ammo, but the act of pointing the gun at people.

Sounds like heโ€™s fucked, tbh.

Alsoโ€ฆis it common knowledge that Rust was due to begin re-shooting this month? I had no ideaโ€ฆI thought it was dumped. Bet it will be now.

by Anonymousreply 95January 19, 2023 6:51 PM

R93, it's chickenshit because they only get a notification if you use the R# when replying to a post.

by Anonymousreply 96January 19, 2023 6:56 PM

R96, I don't know what you're talking about, because I don't get specific notifications even when someone replies to one of my posts and uses the R#. And if they DON'T use the R#, I can still tell they are responding to me if they quote my words, as I did in the response you keep objecting to.

What do you mean by "notifications?"

by Anonymousreply 97January 19, 2023 7:05 PM

If he had said he never pulled the trigger he should die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 98January 19, 2023 7:10 PM

I just hope she wasn't an illuminati sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 99January 19, 2023 7:13 PM

When it happened, were they rehearsing a scene or actually filming something? Was he pointing the gun where he was supposed to be pointing it or was he just waving the gun around irresponsibly without looking? If he was just waving it around and accidentally pulled the trigger I can see how he'd be charged for that.

by Anonymousreply 100January 19, 2023 7:14 PM

This is complete bullshit. Clearly political. Not the biggest Baldwin fan, but the guy did nothing wrong. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 101January 19, 2023 7:18 PM

Really just seems like a case of a particularly brainless grand jury. Maybe they just wanted to meet Tina Fey, and figured she'd show up to Alec's trial.

by Anonymousreply 102January 19, 2023 7:21 PM

He's liable because the scene wasn't filming. He should know better. Perhaps a year in prison will fix his breeder addiction.

by Anonymousreply 103January 19, 2023 7:39 PM

[quote] Grand jury will issue no-bill.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 104January 19, 2023 7:50 PM

[quote] Honestly, I didnโ€™t expect it. I understand even accidents have consequences but I really donโ€™t think he did anything wrong and the young girl who was in charge of the guns should have been charged instead.

It was his film and because of him he skimped on safety regulations. He created the environment for something like this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 105January 19, 2023 7:51 PM

Baldwin was doing some shit film in the cheap. This is what happens when you donโ€™t use skilled labor because you donโ€™t want to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 106January 19, 2023 7:53 PM

[quote] I understand why the idiot who loaded the gun is charged, but don't understand why Baldwin is charged? Did he have responsibility in ensuring blanks were in the gun? Serious question. What is an actor's responsibility in this situation?

He wasnโ€™t just the actor. He was boss the of the entire project. This was his film. He put it together. It was a vanity project.

by Anonymousreply 107January 19, 2023 7:55 PM

[quote] That smug narcissistic fuck when on ABC and ranted he didn't even pull the trigger shortly after she died. Remember that filth?

No.

[quote]And posted his 10 children dressed up for Halloween?

So?

by Anonymousreply 108January 19, 2023 7:56 PM

[quote] Danny Cevallos, legal correspondent, was on MSNBC this morningโ€ฆ and he said he didnโ€™t think Baldwin would be charged. But if he was, he said it would be nearly impossible to get a conviction. They essentially have to prove that he knew the gun was dangerous, and handled it recklessly. Thereโ€™s no way he could know that, when he thought the gun was a prop.

Stop listening to MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 109January 19, 2023 8:04 PM

very good. fucking hate this homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 110January 19, 2023 8:09 PM

Do movie/TV productions ever use REAL bullets and if so, when?

by Anonymousreply 111January 19, 2023 8:16 PM

If he goes to jail, I demand conjugal visits!

by Anonymousreply 112January 19, 2023 8:19 PM

R97, never mind, it's clear you aren't a Datalounger and you're here from Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 113January 19, 2023 9:07 PM

To the people saying they hope he's convicted- Really? Forget that it's Baldwin- knowing the facts of this case, you'd really be comfortable convicting him and sending him to prison? I do not understand that at all. He did nothing unreasonable.

by Anonymousreply 114January 19, 2023 9:32 PM

Yes, Rust was to begin filming again this month; last year Baldwin paid off the widower and made him exec producer of the project.

by Anonymousreply 115January 19, 2023 9:51 PM

[quote] Many people on DL who hate Baldwin don't understand that you do not prosecute a person for being a colossal douche bag. The armorer is at fault. The assistant director as well.

So the AD and the person who loaded the weapon are in the wrong, but the person who actually pulled the fucking trigger did nothing wrong? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 116January 19, 2023 10:00 PM

[quote] Really just seems like a case of a particularly brainless grand jury. Maybe they just wanted to meet Tina Fey, and figured she'd show up to Alec's trial.

Speaking of fucking brainless. Holy shit.

Did you read anything about this? Anything?

by Anonymousreply 117January 19, 2023 10:01 PM

How so many people can think Baldwin did nothing wrong is truly beyond me. Unless they haven't actually read the facts of the case and are just spouting without knowing what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 118January 19, 2023 10:03 PM

[quote]He's liable because the scene wasn't filming.

No, that's NOT why he's liable. Please read up on this case more before you feel it necessary to chime in again.

by Anonymousreply 119January 19, 2023 10:05 PM

You can always tell Murderfrau's posts (R13) because she upvotes her own posts to infinity & you can "hear" the crazy through her posts-- she always sounds like RHUBARB WOMAN!

by Anonymousreply 120January 19, 2023 10:08 PM

Agreed, R118. Theyโ€™re bleating that he did nothing wrong is just so stupidโ€ฆthey canโ€™t be bothered to actually read the thread.

Or maybe they just want Baldwinโ€™s flaccid old cock.

by Anonymousreply 121January 19, 2023 10:12 PM

I'm sorry no one else can be bothered to be as emotionally invested in this case as you colonizers from Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2023 10:15 PM

R102 and R104, you're fools, particularly R102. This hasn't gone before a grand jury. And it won't go before one. It will go before a judge.

by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2023 10:18 PM

Who is the loser that keeps foaming at the mouth about Reddit? God, you're an idiot

Alec Baldwin is guilty of running a shoddy set, skimping on safety, hiring a jackass as an armorer and pointing a gun at a woman and pulling the trigger.

His and his wife's behavior after he killed a woman is BEYOND DISGUSTING. The D.A was probably on the fence about this, but his behavior is what pushed her to file charges. Serves him fucking right too.

I have never seen a more disgusting spectacle than mr and mrs baldwin rubbing their family's joy in the face of the dead woman's husband and child, for over a year.

by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2023 10:24 PM

^^^This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 19, 2023 10:28 PM

Isn't even firing blanks dangerous? Pointing a gun at someone and shooting, even if you're unaware it has bullets in it, just seems like such a reckless thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 126January 19, 2023 10:39 PM

โ€œIsn't even firing blanks dangerous?โ€

Apparently so.

by Anonymousreply 127January 19, 2023 10:55 PM

[quote] Alec Baldwin is guilty of running a shoddy set, skimping on safety, hiring a jackass as an armorer and pointing a gun at a woman and pulling the trigger.

Then aren't the other producers being charged?

by Anonymousreply 128January 19, 2023 10:58 PM

I think he was charged because the big dummy keeps lying about pulling the trigger. Why would you lie about something like that. All the evidence is there.

by Anonymousreply 129January 19, 2023 11:20 PM

R128, can't you read? They didn't point a gun at anyone, like it was a toy. Nor, did they pull the trigger.

They also had 2 brain cells between them and shut the fuck up and kept a low profile. They didn't create a god damned spectacle of themselves each and every day, showing off their happy family (while a little boy is growing up without a mother because of ALEC BALDWIN). They were so proud to show off every holiday. They loved posting picture after picture of their family enjoying the first christmas after Alec killed Halyna. All while a little boy had his first (and every one after) without his mother.

Fuck Alec Baldwin and fuck you for sticking up for such a god damned, piece of shit.

Even after this news came out today hilaria made a spectacle of herself for the paparazzi . Fucking, useless, waste of flesh, CUNT

by Anonymousreply 130January 19, 2023 11:20 PM

I found out something about how the law works regarding responsibility when I consulted a lawyer about suing an endodontist when he pulled the wrong tooth. When the attorney asked me who my general dentist was and I told him he huffed and puffed 'oh damn, he's our dentist.' I said, but I'm not suing HIM, he just sent me to the specialist because he wasn't sure what was going on and didn't want to make a mistake.. Lawyer explained that because he sent me to the other guy who fucked up he would probably get pulled in anyway, regardless of intent. I was aghast. This lawyer wouldn't even take the case because of that.

Baldwin needs to own up to his share of responsibility for what happened. If he had done so in the beginning the prosecutor probably wouldn't have added the extra charge

by Anonymousreply 131January 19, 2023 11:22 PM

[quote] They didn't point a gun at anyone

The prosecutor said Alec Baldwin is being charged because as a producer, he was running a sloppy production that cut corners, that lead to this death

So if the prosecutors are going after the production team for cutting corner, why are the other producers and director NOT being charged as well

by Anonymousreply 132January 19, 2023 11:23 PM

R132 From what I read the other producers claim that since they never visited the set and weren't involved in the day to day production they are not liable. I couldn't find anything on whether they have been charged, I assume not?

by Anonymousreply 133January 19, 2023 11:30 PM

[quote] that cut corners, that lead to this death

Oh, fucking dear!

by Anonymousreply 134January 19, 2023 11:31 PM

[quote] From what I read the other producers claim that since they never visited the set and weren't involved in the day to day production they are not liable.

That is a cop-out because if the prosecution says production was sloppy, then they should be charged as well. That is their job - to run the production

by Anonymousreply 135January 19, 2023 11:32 PM

Fuck off, R46, I didnโ€™t state that the ABC interview would be used as evidence. Just that it would be a factor with potential jury members

Reading is fundamental, bitch. Look into it.

by Anonymousreply 136January 19, 2023 11:32 PM

[quote].That is their job - to run the production

The fact that Baldwin was the producer AND on the set every day there was no reason for the other producers to think that it was the mess it seems to have been. Baldwin, because he was there, should have known.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the producers side necessarily. They just have a better case than Baldwin about 'knowing or should have known' that it was a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 137January 19, 2023 11:38 PM

I'm pulling this outta my ass.

But, I'm half serious, too.

Ever since this happened, and after I read the DL posts for a few days, I thought it's possible that Baldwin and Hutchins were in the midst of a sexual relationship, or, had been.

Maybe she was going to blab. Maybe she told him she was going to blab.

Can you imagine the world of hell he was thinking he'd be in with Hilaria?

Then in a moment of subconscious panic, aim BOOM.

by Anonymousreply 138January 19, 2023 11:39 PM

r138 have you SEEN Alec over the past few years (even before the shooting)? He is a disgusting, old lump of a man with eye bags the size of testicles. There is absolutely NO WAY any woman would want that.

Hillary doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 139January 19, 2023 11:42 PM

R137 that is why some former prosecutors on TV are saying this is one flaw in the charges - if you are going to Baldwin because he was a producer. Then you have to charge all the other producers and director.

That is why when Brandon Lee was shot and killed, prosecutors in that case chose not to file charges. Because the gun went through so many different hands, it would next to impossible to single out one person.

So Baldwin defense team can point to different producers & director as to why they are not being charged.

by Anonymousreply 140January 19, 2023 11:42 PM

R132, don't be a dumb fucking trumper for alec baldwin

You claim this is what I said in the entirety. "The prosecutor said Alec Baldwin is being charged because as a producer, he was running a sloppy production that cut corners, that lead to this death"

That's a half quote bitch. That's what fox newsers do. DO NOT HALF QUOTE ME . Quote the entire sentence. You alec baldwin version of a trumper.

This is what I said,

[quote]Alec Baldwin is guilty of running a shoddy set, skimping on safety, hiring a jackass as an armorer and pointing a gun at a woman and pulling the trigger.

What part of "and pointing a gun at a woman and pulling the trigger", do you not understand?

TELL ME. Go on TELL ME

It's a culmination of everything. But at the end of the day, he shot her, and his behavior in the past year, proves he didn't give a single fuck. He only cares about himself

And once again, the other producers seemed remorseful. They didn't go out showing the world how wonderful their lives are and how they are one big wonderful family, while a little boy has no mother because of alec fucking baldwin.

Now the get the fuck out of here. You damned dog

by Anonymousreply 141January 19, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote] if you are going to Baldwin because he was a producer. Then you have to charge all the other producers and director.

Heโ€™s being charged because he pulled the fucking trigger.

If he werenโ€™t famous this wouldnโ€™t be any surprise at all.

Your friend gives you a gun just to fuck around. He tells you itโ€™s unloaded, but you donโ€™t even check. You go out and see someone, maybe a coworker you want to fuck with or scare, so you point the gun at them and pull the trigger and BAM theyโ€™re dead.

You seriously think you wouldnโ€™t be charged?

Nobody is saying he did this intentionally and the charges donโ€™t even support that. But he must take responsibility for the loss of someoneโ€™s life.

by Anonymousreply 142January 19, 2023 11:52 PM

He's a monstah.

by Anonymousreply 143January 19, 2023 11:54 PM

R141 & R142 - he is also being charged because he ran the production as a producer, which Baldwin disputes,

But if that is the case, then all the other producers & director should be charged as well, even if they never stepped foot on the set.

That is what other legal experts are saying

by Anonymousreply 144January 19, 2023 11:54 PM

[quote] that is why some former prosecutors on TV are saying this is one flaw in the charges - if you are going to Baldwin because he was a producer. Then you have to charge all the other producers and director.

They weren't there and they weren't the ones who canceled the gun safety meeting as well as other safety meetings in the days before. That was alec baldwin that did that

R142, his behavior and that of his wife, seems like he doesn't even care. Like it never happened. That's what got him charged. I don't think he'd have been charged if he kept a low profile.

by Anonymousreply 145January 19, 2023 11:55 PM

R145 either take a valium or seek professional help

by Anonymousreply 146January 19, 2023 11:56 PM

R144, is reading comprehension a problem for you? You seem retarded or on the spectrum.

You a very stupid person, who can't even understand a written sentence

by Anonymousreply 147January 19, 2023 11:57 PM

R146, get the fuck out of here, you alec baldwin version of a trumper.

Shoo, shoo

bad dog

by Anonymousreply 148January 19, 2023 11:58 PM

As I said R147 either take a valium or seek professional help

by Anonymousreply 149January 19, 2023 11:58 PM

That crazy guy is a Baldwin version of a donald trump supporter. We should think of a name for people like that.

You're an AlecTrumper. Totally obsessed and refusing to accept facts.

by Anonymousreply 150January 20, 2023 12:01 AM

Here is the Unsolved Mysteries episode of the accidental shooting of Brandon Lee - authorities did a much extensive investigation and concluded they couldn't change anyone because the gun went through so many different hands. That it would be impossible to pinpoint the blame on any one person

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 20, 2023 12:03 AM

Datalounge is in a quandary. Root for right wingers or against Hilaria .

by Anonymousreply 152January 20, 2023 12:12 AM

R151, Alec was top producer. He was more responsible

by Anonymousreply 153January 20, 2023 12:13 AM

[quote]How long until he has a meltdown and punches someone in public?

any minute. You just know he won't stay home. He and the wife will be out an about or posting all over social media.

by Anonymousreply 154January 20, 2023 12:14 AM

I know there was some conspiracy bullshit about Lee's death but this happened in 1993 in North Carolina, which makes it 1943 in Confederate years. They're not going to prosecute the killing of an alien. To be fair it did seem to involve a malfunctioning gun.

by Anonymousreply 155January 20, 2023 12:16 AM

[quote] Alec was top producer. He was more responsible

Alec was only listed as a "producer"

What about the Executive Producers - there are 4 of them. Does the buck stop with the person at the top?

by Anonymousreply 156January 20, 2023 12:17 AM

[quote] To be fair it did seem to involve a malfunctioning gun.

and the gun Alec was handling was an antique gun, designed in 1873 - as this was a Western

by Anonymousreply 157January 20, 2023 12:20 AM

R157 Nah, not the same thing. The gun in the Brandon Lee case had some weird shit going on where a piece of bullet was still in the barrel when the blank was loaded.

Baldwin can't claim malfunction, the F.B.I put that to bed.

by Anonymousreply 158January 20, 2023 12:25 AM

R158 the prosecution still hasn't explained how real bullets wound up on the set

where everyone connected to the set insists they have no idea how real bullets wound up on the set

So the FBI has NOT put that to bed.

by Anonymousreply 159January 20, 2023 12:27 AM

Yes, the FBI did declare the trigger was pulled in order for it to fire. But I am 99.9999% sure Alec will keep saying he didn't pull the trigger. He already doubled down on it and if there's one thing this man is it's stubborn.

by Anonymousreply 160January 20, 2023 12:27 AM

[quote] Yes, the FBI did declare the trigger was pulled in order for it to fire

But again the FBI & Prosecutors still don't have any explanation as to how bullets wound up on the set

No one connected with the production can explain how bullets wound up on the set

by Anonymousreply 161January 20, 2023 12:29 AM

This should be an interesting trial . The DA must have pretty compelling evidence.

by Anonymousreply 162January 20, 2023 12:30 AM

He shouldn't have been goofing off with the gun loaded or not, he's been on too many movie sets to have ANY excuses. He's not just the star but a producer so his stupidity here is amplified. It was lack of professionalism that did baldwin in for those saying he's not at fault. The fact is he's not sorry about this young woman's death he's sorry his reputation is taking a hit. I bet the narcissistic bastard doesn't even realize the gravity of this situation. A little boy will never see his mom again but will have to suffer post after post of baldwin's expanding brood. And his clueless insensitive wife who's been breed more than a pit bull in the hood will unironically make an excited announcement in her Rosetta Stone Spanish accent.

by Anonymousreply 163January 20, 2023 12:37 AM

Are they still planning to complete this movie?

by Anonymousreply 164January 20, 2023 12:41 AM

[quote] Are they still planning to complete this movie?

production is suppose to resume this month - the victim's husband is now an executive producer of the film!

by Anonymousreply 165January 20, 2023 12:44 AM

If I was Alec? I'd plead guilty. I'd come out and say, "it was a tragic accident. It haunts me everyday. I wish I could go back and change things. But I can't. And while it was 100% an accident, it still happened because of me. The ethically right thing to do is admit my fault in this. And work feverishly the rest of my days to make sure this never happens on any set again."

He presumably would get no jail time. No very public legal battle. He'd also get some needed good will - most folks love someone who admits their faults. Maybe save his career.

by Anonymousreply 166January 20, 2023 12:58 AM

The District Attorney is an ANGRY lesbian:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 20, 2023 1:00 AM

This article says that the armorer has texts she sent before the shooting complaining that her workload was too heavy and that she was not able to adequately focus on gun safety.

And apparently it was that same day that some of the crew walked off and one of the gripes was about weapons being mishandled.

Iโ€™m a little more sympathetic towards the armorer now and I donโ€™t think the suggestion of sabotage is completely crazy. But both she and Baldwin would still bear some responsibility. It sounds like that set was a complete shit show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 20, 2023 1:01 AM

[quote]The District Attorney is an ANGRY lesbian:

Yass, get him, Mary, get him!

by Anonymousreply 169January 20, 2023 1:23 AM

[quote]The victim's husband is now an executive producer of the film!

If this is true, I cannot wrap my brain around it.

by Anonymousreply 170January 20, 2023 1:42 AM

r170 it's true. He even released a statement saying that the production would move forward with him EP'ing.

by Anonymousreply 171January 20, 2023 1:51 AM

[quote] the prosecution still hasn't explained how real bullets wound up on the set where everyone connected to the set insists they have no idea how real bullets wound up on the set

Why should the prosecution have to show how bullets arrived on the set? Was the woman killed by a bullet? Yes, so they were on set.

If a bank robber blasts his way out of a bank and kills people in the process, do you think itโ€™s the prosecutorโ€™s burden to prove where the bullets came from?

Where do people get this shit?

by Anonymousreply 172January 20, 2023 1:52 AM

[quote] If this is true, I cannot wrap my brain around it.

Follow the $$$$.

by Anonymousreply 173January 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Determining how bullets got onto the set is significant only in terms of potential additional charges against additional people, but as far as I'm concerned, it would NOT take the heat off of Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 174January 20, 2023 1:54 AM

But R173, couldn't the widower get lots of money for his wife's death in some other way than becoming an executive producer of the film that killed her?

by Anonymousreply 175January 20, 2023 1:56 AM

Alec and wife havenโ€™t posted on Insta today . They must be fretting

by Anonymousreply 176January 20, 2023 1:57 AM

Iโ€™m sure he could, r175, if he decided to, say, sue the production company. And after many years of legal battles and a settlement, minus attorney fees, he could get some money.

Or, he could he made EP and get money from the movie. Further, if itโ€™s a hit heโ€™ll get even more. Meantime he can, ahem, โ€œhonor his wifeโ€™s memory by ensuring the set remains accident free and safe for everyone. Ya know, in her memory while I cash the checks.โ€

by Anonymousreply 177January 20, 2023 2:00 AM

John Scneider must be thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 178January 20, 2023 2:01 AM

I understand your perspective, R177. I still think it's loathsome that he is now an executive producer of the movie that killed his wife, whatever his motivation.

by Anonymousreply 179January 20, 2023 2:03 AM

The victimโ€™s family already settled with Baldwin for an undisclosed amount, R177. Thru did sue and the EP gig was part of the negotiation.

by Anonymousreply 180January 20, 2023 2:03 AM

R180, sorry, I think that's incredibly fucking weird and does not reflect well on the widower.

by Anonymousreply 181January 20, 2023 2:05 AM

[quote] Will he be raped in prison?

Yes, and seeded.

by Anonymousreply 182January 20, 2023 2:07 AM

[quote] I understand why the idiot who loaded the gun is charged, but don't understand why Baldwin is charged? Did he have responsibility in ensuring blanks were in the gun? Serious question. What is an actor's responsibility in this situation?

Ah, maybe not to kill someone.

by Anonymousreply 183January 20, 2023 2:09 AM

R179, you and I agree.

I think itโ€™s disgusting too, but I think thatโ€™s why it was done. For the money, which is disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 184January 20, 2023 2:15 AM

I wonder what the kid thinks of that. He's old enough to understand that it is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 185January 20, 2023 2:21 AM

[quote] I know DL is going to be overrun with people who think "I hate Alec Baldwin; therefore, he should be convicted of murder," but I would like to think that's not how our justice system works.

I hope "our justice system" works and he's convicted of manslaughter and given a jail term. Because he is guilty as sin. He pointed a gun at someone, pulled the trigger and killed someone. And the excuse "I didn't know the gun was loaded!" doesn't cut it. He killed another human being. He should go to jail for it.

by Anonymousreply 186January 20, 2023 2:26 AM

[quote]the prosecution still hasn't explained how real bullets wound up on the set

Here is exactly what happened. I saw the first texts about this from the crew on Twitter and read all of them.

The first texts said she got shot. A little while later crew members had posted that the gun had accidentally discharged in the days leading up to the shooting. Then there other texts that day that said people had been using the gun for target practice during downtime. It was crew people that put the bullets there. I don't if they did it on purpose or weren't thinking, but that's who did it.

The FBI has said the gun didn't discharge, but that's not true. And there are actually texts between crew members in the days before the shooting discussing those accidental discharges. That's a fact. And the victim's husband is the one who showed the texts in a video recreation he had made by an accident recreation expert.

Alec going on NBC or whatever and saying he doesn't feel responsible is what led to these charges. It pissed the victim's husband off so bad. Then Alec and his wife making a spectacle of themselves all year long just added to it. The husband pushed and pushed for charges to be filed. And he's a very decent man, but not accepting responsibility was just too much for him.

He brought most of this on himself.

by Anonymousreply 187January 20, 2023 2:38 AM

[quote]r4 Dave Halls, who was cited in sheriff's reports as the person who handed the weapon to Baldwin and announced to the crew it was a โ€œcold gun,โ€ signed a plea bargain with the DA

Great. So the person most clearly responsible gets off easy.

by Anonymousreply 188January 20, 2023 2:38 AM

[quote]Alec and wife havenโ€™t posted on Insta today . They must be fretting

She's been outside twice so all the paps can see her

by Anonymousreply 189January 20, 2023 2:39 AM

[quote]R16 charging him as the actor who had been handed a gun that had been left loaded by the armorer, the AD, and all the chucklefucks who had been playing around with the gun is just stupid.

It is. Is an actor playing a waiter responsible if the actor playing a diner gets sick from the prop food he serves?

No.

by Anonymousreply 190January 20, 2023 2:44 AM

[quote]Yes, the FBI did declare the trigger was pulled in order for it to fire. But I am 99.9999% sure Alec will keep saying he didn't pull the trigger. He already doubled down on it and if there's one thing this man is it's stubborn.

I know the FBI said that, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the gun had accidentally discharged in the days before she was shot. Crew members actually texted each other about the accidental discharges. Here are the texts here's a link to the re-creation and the texts in the first two minutes

L.Luper: we've now had 3 accidental discharges, this is super unsafe

K.Walter: accidental discharges on the firearms? sounds good

L.Luper: yeah, 2 accidental discharges today and 1 on week 1

The crew had also warned the producers that the set was "super unsafe" in an email/letter.

With a gun accidentally discharging, it never should have been used.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 20, 2023 2:52 AM

Scummy motherfucker, R40!

by Anonymousreply 192January 20, 2023 3:00 AM

r191 I agree with you. I am the poster waaaay upthread who said that Alec/x canceled a gun safety training on set, crew walked out due to safety concerns that day and there had been reports of target practice happening on the crew's part.

We're on the same side, chill out.

And yes, that Boobs-alot Broad from Bothton who plays a fake Spaniard on tv has made her pap walk and probably had an orgasm doing so because she got her close up finally. lol

by Anonymousreply 193January 20, 2023 3:03 AM

well, he fucking lied. he said he didn't pull the trigger. he fucking did!

by Anonymousreply 194January 20, 2023 3:10 AM

R193, those texts prove that gun misfired. There's no getting around that. The FBI report does not matter. But all of this proves it was a dangerous set.

And the victim's husband said in an interview, Alec Baldwin saying he wasn't responsible outraged him. The parading around on social media just added to it, every day. It's Alec's own fault he got charged. Had he have kept a low profile and he & the wife stayed off social media, I don't think he'd have been charged.

This is his own fault. He's not going to go to jail. He'll be fine. His wife will probably have another baby in the hopes a jury wouldn't put a man with a pregnant wife in jail.

by Anonymousreply 195January 20, 2023 3:16 AM

Yes, it's a forgone conclusion she'll be pregnant again any day now.

by Anonymousreply 196January 20, 2023 3:18 AM

Charge him with murder.

by Anonymousreply 197January 20, 2023 3:18 AM

And in other news, Hilaria will be popping out another Baby of Spain.

by Anonymousreply 198January 20, 2023 3:21 AM

As he stated, "babies are vending machines of joy"! (yes, he really said that!)

by Anonymousreply 199January 20, 2023 3:23 AM

Can Datalounge collectively STOP saying that the actor is supposed to check the gun? R74 and all the others are WRONG.

I don't know why this has to be explained to you over and fucking over again, although at this point I assume anyone who continues to say this is a rightwing troll trying to turn this into a political issue.

The armorer(s) check the gun, hand it to the AD, they check the gun, announce it's cold, then give it to the actor.

THE ACTOR DOES NOT CHECK THE GUN.

by Anonymousreply 200January 20, 2023 3:59 AM

[quote] They're not going to put an actor in prison for a malfunctioning prop weapon.

[quote]They didn't prosecute the estate of Vic Morrow

The first "they" is New Mexico, the second "they" was California.

There is no way for us to know whether New Mexico would throw an actor into prison for this or not. They would look like fools, giving the AD a sweet deal and not even pursuing the armorer, and going after Baldwin. It looks political, misguided, and biased, which I'm sure it is.

by Anonymousreply 201January 20, 2023 4:01 AM

They're not Dataloungers, R200. They're crazy bitches that overflowed here from REDDIT.

by Anonymousreply 202January 20, 2023 4:02 AM

r111, yes, the crew are behind those protective shields while a stunt person shoots the gun for the scene. There aren't other actors in the scene, and no one gets shot at, but they will have someone shoot a gun if the need it for a close-up shot.

by Anonymousreply 203January 20, 2023 4:07 AM

Take your fucking meds R200 and go to sleep you're getting overexcited. Does it need to be explained to YOU that safety protocols were not followed on this non union set? That several crew members walked off set the day of the killing? That baldwin pointed the gun at the victim and pulled the trigger? All of this has already been mentioned and has been consistently mentioned since the beginning. And he wasn't merely just an actor he's an actor and producer with 40 years of experience on several movie sets. This aint his first rodeo and for a man in his 60s he has a shocking lack of impulse control. The only sympathetic figure here aside from the innocent victim is the child who has to grow up without a mother something that the baldwin kids if they are lucky will never have to experience. You're so busy blinded by celebrity that its drained all your common sense and compassion for those who have lost. You celebrity fangurl queens make me sick.

by Anonymousreply 204January 20, 2023 4:57 AM

Have any of Alecโ€™s celebrity friends taken to social media in support since this development?

by Anonymousreply 205January 20, 2023 5:03 AM

Alec is a wonderful family man, that's why he has all those kids with his flexible wife who is prettier than you clowns (admittedly, a low bar).

Do you ever flick your beans to some of her yoga pics?

by Anonymousreply 206January 20, 2023 5:09 AM

Youโ€™re an ineffective troll R206. Why dont YOU go flick your beansvor better yet jump off the highest building you can find head first.

by Anonymousreply 207January 20, 2023 5:15 AM

WELL I NEVER IN ALL MY LIFE!

by Anonymousreply 208January 20, 2023 5:23 AM

I heard there was possibly a second gunman who actually fired the bullet.

by Anonymousreply 209January 20, 2023 5:28 AM

Was he over there, by the grassy knoll r209?

by Anonymousreply 210January 20, 2023 5:31 AM

Back, and to the left.

by Anonymousreply 211January 20, 2023 5:34 AM

That was one magic loogie.

by Anonymousreply 212January 20, 2023 5:39 AM

The family of Baldwin's victim will only find peace when the killer is sent to prison.

by Anonymousreply 213January 20, 2023 6:10 AM

If this movie wins an Oscar, does the widower get a statuette?

by Anonymousreply 214January 20, 2023 6:25 AM

armorer is claiming sabotage

by Anonymousreply 215January 20, 2023 7:50 AM

The reason that Alec Baldwin was charged was because the police believe he lied about pulling the trigger. The FBI determined that there is no way that he did NOT pull the trigger and he has insisted that he did NOT pull the trigger. Baldwin will continue to insist, on his attorney's advice, that he did not pull the trigger. He will do so in order to create reasonable doubt. If the jury follows the normal jury instructions, in my humble opinion, they will acquit. While the negligence displayed on set gave rise to significant legal liability (and that is why the movie settled with the husband), the criminal burden of proof of beyond a reasonable doubt will be difficult to carry, as the gun had misfired.

The key fact will be whether a jury determines that raising the gun in the first place was reckless and likely to lead to bodily injury. In my humble opinion, a good lawyer can create enough reasonable doubt that a jury will have a hard time convicting solely based on the evidence of which we are aware at this time. The only thing that could put a finger on the scale in favor of the prosecution is if the jury dislikes him, whether because of his acting, his politics or his arrogance. The voir dire will be intense, if it goes to trial, and I think it will go to trial, because of reasonable doubt.

by Anonymousreply 216January 20, 2023 10:55 AM

R26- No matter how many kids or wives he has Alec Baldwin is still a connoisseur of COCK ๐Ÿ†

by Anonymousreply 217January 20, 2023 12:42 PM

R217, Ya think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 20, 2023 12:47 PM

Makes me wonder about Yellowstone. Everybody has a gun. And there's lots of shooting. Is Kevin Costner having them check those guns every day? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 219January 20, 2023 1:02 PM

R206 This is how ATMs work in Spain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 20, 2023 1:22 PM

R202 Looks like somebody's PR team is in the house.

by Anonymousreply 221January 20, 2023 1:42 PM

R135 you have no idea how the law works. Those producers sound like investors with a producing credit. They were not involved in day to day operations and may not have even known that proper protocols were not being followed. They can be held liable in civil court but not criminally responsible. Baldwin was the on-site producer, and actually pulled the trigger. Learn the law buttercup.

by Anonymousreply 222January 20, 2023 1:45 PM

Omg I had no idea Hilaria was that young. This woman isn't 40 yet. She looks great....if she was 55. She was born in 84. Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 223January 20, 2023 1:53 PM

^ She looked fantastic in the first year's of their marriage but motherhood takes its toll.

by Anonymousreply 224January 20, 2023 2:01 PM

R224, The bitch has had 7 kids. I guess it did. I don't even think it's been 10 yrs yet.

by Anonymousreply 225January 20, 2023 2:04 PM

R225, Did she give birth to all seven?

by Anonymousreply 226January 20, 2023 2:52 PM

The widower did initiate a lawsuit, which Baldwin settled.

by Anonymousreply 227January 20, 2023 3:06 PM

^sorry, already mentioned long ago

by Anonymousreply 228January 20, 2023 3:10 PM

I don't know the law well enough but glad he's getting called to account for this as it seemed he made it all about himself and his suffering after that woman died.

by Anonymousreply 229January 20, 2023 3:14 PM

R216 I wondered if Baldwin saying he didn't pull the trigger and the gun went off by itself was what tipped them over to prosecuting him, as they believe that he's a liar.

Is there an onus on the actor to check the gun before they fire or is it sufficient to rely on the word of the props person?

by Anonymousreply 230January 20, 2023 4:04 PM

[quote] She looked fantastic in the first year's of their marriage

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 231January 20, 2023 4:27 PM

R230 I was just wondering the same thing. What Baldwin says is not just "I didn't pull the trigger" but "I would NEVER point a gun at somebody and pull the trigger". So why is that Alec? Because it would be reckless and show a disregard for human life, precisely what the criminal charge is accusing him of?

With this assertion Baldwin is confessing he does have a responsibility to know and follow basic gun safety rules.

I still don't think it's a slam dunk for the prosecution. They will have to get 12 people to agree that, even though unintentional, Baldwin should go to prison for his 'mistake'. At least some of the jurors might think "shit, I could see myself doing the same thing, give the guy a break."

by Anonymousreply 232January 20, 2023 4:42 PM

[quote] They will have to get 12 people to agree that, even though unintentional, Baldwin should go to prison for his 'mistake'.

Heโ€™s being charged with exactly that: unintentionally killing someone by mistake.

Why is this so difficult for people here to grasp? You pick up a gun, point it at someone and pull the trigger killing someone and donโ€™t expect charges in their death because someone else told you the gun was empty?

by Anonymousreply 233January 20, 2023 4:47 PM

R200, youโ€™re a fool.

See r77 for reference, but here is what the Actorโ€™s Equity union says about that specifically:

[quote] [bold]Check the firearm every time you take possession of it.[/bold] Before each use, make sure the gun has been test-fired off stage and then ask to test fire it yourself. Watch the prop master check the cylinders and barrel to be sure no foreign object or dummy bullet has become lodged inside.

by Anonymousreply 234January 20, 2023 4:55 PM

The shrieking fraus on this thread are nauseating. I'm going to block this thread from me feed, even though I'm interested in this topic. Why do these cunts come here?

by Anonymousreply 235January 20, 2023 6:21 PM

my*

by Anonymousreply 236January 20, 2023 6:22 PM

Stick around and just block them, not the thread.

by Anonymousreply 237January 20, 2023 6:23 PM

Oh, I forgot to compliment the OP on his OP. I got a kick out of that, OP.

ยกQuรฉ bueno!

by Anonymousreply 238January 20, 2023 6:35 PM

[quote].Why is this so difficult for people here to grasp?

It's not difficult for ME to grasp, why can't YOU grasp that it's about what twelve OTHER people need to grasp. I think Baldwin is guilty as sin but acknowledge it might not be a given he's convicted. Can you handle that? Do you have any idea that some people on the jury might be sympathetic to Baldwin and they've already decided he doesn't deserve prison? If Baldwin gets off I won't change my mind that he is guilty. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

by Anonymousreply 239January 20, 2023 8:01 PM

The issue at trial will be whether he exercised โ€œdue caution and circumspectionโ€ when he pointed the gun at her during a rehearsal, cocked it and pulled the trigger. Other lawyers can correct me if Iโ€™m wrong, but based on the NM definition of involuntary manslaughter - it seems like that will be what the DA has to prove.

And Baldwinโ€™s lawyers will say yes, he did exercise caution, itโ€™s not his responsibility, he acted reasonably, etc.

But based on the equity rules and what people are saying about widely practiced, on set safety protocols for actors handling gunsโ€ฆ might be difficult?

Intent is not the issue with involuntary manslaughter. Itโ€™s a given that he acted without malice.

And if the FBI experts testify that the trigger had to have been pulledโ€ฆ. will be hard for Baldwin to counter that. He is an actor though, so he would know how to put on a show for a jury and persuade them.

by Anonymousreply 240January 20, 2023 8:03 PM

It was so appalling that he was all over instagram snd FB smiling with his kids, dressing up at Halloween and his wife didnโ€™t slow down from posting asinine stories. They showed zero empathy towards the widower and his son. It was shocking actually. Just pure unadulterated narcissism and entitlement.

So disgusting. He will probably get off but he shouldnโ€™t. Vile man and I feel so so sorry for their children.

by Anonymousreply 241January 20, 2023 8:11 PM

i think it's telling that not many other celebrities have come out and made a support statement for Alec...except Mickey Rourke.

Hm.

by Anonymousreply 242January 20, 2023 8:14 PM

On this one the fraus actually have it right. Their narcissism was awful.

by Anonymousreply 243January 20, 2023 8:33 PM

๐‰๐จ๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ก๐š๐ซ ๐„๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ ๐„๐ฒ๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ฒ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐€๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ โ€˜๐๐ข๐  ๐‘๐ž๐ฉ๐ฎ๐›๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐š๐งโ€™ ๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ

Joy Behar floated a bizarre conspiracy theory on Friday, suggesting Alec Baldwin being charged for the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins may be politically motivated.

Baldwin is being charged for the accidental shooting of Hutchins in October 2021 on the New Mexico Rust film set. Baldwin, also a producer on the movie, has repeatedly insisted he deserves no blame and pointed his finger at other experts on the set of the film.

Behar referred to the district attorney charging Baldwin a โ€œbig Republican,โ€ a point that was met with immediate pushback from her View co-hosts.

Behar defended Baldwin after Santa Fe district attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies announced Baldwin would be charged. The district attorney also rejected Baldwinโ€™s previous claim that he never pulled the trigger of the weapon.

โ€œSheโ€™s a big Republican,โ€ Behar said of the the DA. โ€œIโ€™m only saying this because Alec Baldwin is a target for Republicans. They cannot stand him.โ€

Regardless, Beharโ€™s argument earned immediate scoffs from co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin and Rachel Lindsay. Behar threw her hands up before she could hear a word either of them said and declared, โ€œIโ€™m not saying anything more than that!โ€

Lindsay, who is an attorney, argued Baldwin holds some blame for the shooting, pointing to an interview with fellow actor ๐บ๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘”๐‘’ ๐ถ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ฆ ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘  ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘๐‘˜๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘š๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘๐‘’๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ก. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐ท๐ด ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ฆ ๐‘ก๐‘ฆ๐‘๐‘–๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘š๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘Ž ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ก.

Behar defended Baldwin earlier in the show, dismissing criticism of him as a producer on the movie, claiming he was only a โ€œcreativeโ€ producer. She cited her own history in film to claim that an actor can only think about one thing on a set, and itโ€™s apparently not safety.

โ€œAs a person who has been in a couple of movies, all youโ€™re thinking of is your part when youโ€™re an actor,โ€ she said. Youโ€™re not worried โ€” I was not worried that my brassiere is going to fall off me or whatever. Somebody else has to worry about that.โ€

๐‘ช๐’‚๐’“๐’Ž๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ-๐‘จ๐’๐’•๐’˜๐’Š๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’„๐’•๐’–๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’‚ ๐‘ซ๐’†๐’Ž๐’๐’„๐’“๐’‚๐’•. Behar corrected herself later in the show and said she got the district attorney mixed up with Andrea Reeb who assisted in the Baldwin investigation as a special prosecutor. She now serves in the New Mexico House of Representatives and is a Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 20, 2023 8:54 PM

It's a vast, right wing conspiracy!

by Anonymousreply 245January 20, 2023 9:01 PM

Oh, PLEASE, Joy!!!! What a fucking ignorant bitch she is.

I'm about as un-Republican as they come. I would NEVER think this is the reason he is being charged. He's being charged because he's a stupid, careless, at-fault, hands-on producing, gun-safety-meeting-canceling, narcissistic, unapologetic blowhard who refuses to show even the slightest bit of remorse over what was a tragic accident. I do believe he had some modicom of responsibility through it all because it was HIS production and he was in charge of the overall set safety.

This is not a conspiracy, you insipid cunt. Shut your damn trap and do what you do best. Be a seat filler and stop over-reaching about things of which you know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 246January 20, 2023 9:04 PM

[quote]It's a vast, right wing conspiracy!

It is rapidly becoming apparent that almost everything is.

by Anonymousreply 247January 20, 2023 9:08 PM

R243-- it isn't ONE or the OTHER. The Baldwins can be assholes AND the fraus, especially MURDERFRAU, can be fucking lunatics at the same time.

Anyone who doesn't fall in step with their Pizzagate-like beliefs is called a Trumper or is accused of being a Baldwin or paid by a baldwin to post-- on Datalounge?

That's fucking crazy. Both sides are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 248January 20, 2023 9:14 PM

R13, R246, R148, R124

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 20, 2023 9:23 PM

[quote] who refuses to show even the slightest bit of remorse over what was a tragic accident.

But, but, but he CRIED with George Steph. I saw him m. He CRIED.

by Anonymousreply 250January 20, 2023 9:27 PM

[quote]I do believe he had some modicom of responsibility through it all

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 251January 20, 2023 9:27 PM

Sorry, make that:

modiCUM!!!

by Anonymousreply 252January 20, 2023 9:30 PM

R249 love that vid

by Anonymousreply 253January 20, 2023 9:35 PM

R252, I knew Iโ€™d get you to cum. Itโ€™s just takes us a little longer.

by Anonymousreply 254January 20, 2023 9:48 PM

OMFG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255January 20, 2023 10:38 PM

R255, Sheโ€™s still faking that accent.

by Anonymousreply 256January 20, 2023 10:59 PM

Who gives a fuck about her and her brats? Her nanny takes care of their basic needs anyway. Such a martyr!

by Anonymousreply 257January 20, 2023 11:02 PM

Psychopath Alec's victims were each also babies once

by Anonymousreply 258January 20, 2023 11:24 PM

SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BATSHIT - maintaining that accent. It also sounds a bit Celine Dion Quebecois mixed with ersatz Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 259January 20, 2023 11:33 PM

This is how Jon-Erik Hexum died. The guy was weeks away from turning 27, was the hottest hottie on TV, had a huge future ahead of him and he was handed a gun with blanks in it and there was no safety instruction about how blanks can be lethal.

Beautiful man.

What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 260January 21, 2023 12:24 AM

Not exactly the same manner of death, R260.

by Anonymousreply 261January 21, 2023 12:25 AM

R260 not quite the same, Jon didn't realise the blanks still should never be fired at close range. In the Baldwin case it wasn't actually a blank. Jon was lovely though

by Anonymousreply 262January 21, 2023 12:28 AM

Jesus - STILL with the fake accent! What is wrong with her?

And donโ€™t tell me sheโ€™s not loving the attention. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 263January 21, 2023 1:01 AM

Hilaria is very attractive. Stop being bitches

by Anonymousreply 264January 21, 2023 1:09 AM

Is Alec going to retain a celebrity criminal lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 265January 21, 2023 1:37 AM

[quote]And he's a very decent man, but not accepting responsibility was just too much for him.

So he was recently quoted as saying he as glad that charges were filed -- even though he is now an executive producer of the film? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND how those two things can possibly go together.

by Anonymousreply 266January 21, 2023 2:35 AM

R264, you hadn't chimed in on this particular thread so I tried to pay you homage in R206.

by Anonymousreply 267January 21, 2023 2:40 AM

No, my bad. Not the same manner. Shouldn't have said same.

But lack of communication, lack of thought, lack of people not doing their jobs all played a role.

by Anonymousreply 268January 21, 2023 3:30 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 21, 2023 3:43 AM

Hahaha R255 video, she has to stop and make up a story about what her kids say. "And my kids say mommy.............. why are they here"

by Anonymousreply 270January 21, 2023 8:35 AM

My 93 year old mom is ADDICTED to court tv. She said oh you just know there are hundreds of people Baldwin has bullied over the years who are experiencing pure vengeful joy..

by Anonymousreply 271January 21, 2023 8:39 AM

[quote]I wondered if Baldwin saying he didn't pull the trigger and the gun went off by itself was what tipped them over to prosecuting him, as they believe that he's a liar.

I know a lot of people on here are saying, as if it's proven fact, that this is why the FBI suggested he be prosecuted, but that's not verified and I'm not sure it's even plausible, because it would be trivially easy for any halfway competent attorney to make a plausible case that an inexperienced person fumbled or mishandled the gun and pulled the trigger without realizing it.

Prosecuting all three -- the armorer, the AD, and the actor who had the gun -- makes these charges make more sense than I initially thought, but unless they have something to indicate Baldwin knew the gun was loaded or acted deliberately recklessly, the charges against him seem misguided. If they're charging him because he was a producer, then the other producers are also responsible, as many others on here have said.

by Anonymousreply 272January 21, 2023 8:48 AM

I wonder how Ireland Baldwin has managed to cope with terrible news? Kim Basinger any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 273January 21, 2023 9:11 AM

R255 when that hat fell forward I thought it was a baby pig in her arms!

by Anonymousreply 274January 21, 2023 9:37 AM

How rude and thoughtless of you R274

by Anonymousreply 275January 21, 2023 9:43 AM

Rust is becoming the most interesting film of Alec's career.

by Anonymousreply 276January 21, 2023 9:44 AM

if you believe 1% CEOs should be culpable for employee crimes or pay more than their fair share, then why not Alec Baldwin for his responsibilities to the production? The other investors paid out and admitted fault, Alec fought against it... idiotically went to the press and social media to cry how he was being persecuted and how he's the real victim in all this. He wanted this to be his production, therefore he holds greater responsibility than anyone else "on set" (which is why most investors stay the fuck away... the closer you are to it, the more legal and inevitable financial risks you incur... even in a decades time when someone accuses someone of sexual impropriety for a reality series and book deal)

and the idiotic followers of Saint Celestia, Our Lady of the Holy Phoenix lap it up.... the crazier ones believe it's a rightwing conspiracy because of his impersonation of trump.

by Anonymousreply 277January 21, 2023 11:20 AM

It was I who suggested that the FBI has said unequivocally that the gun's trigger was pulled, it did not go off accidentally. That is not why I think that the DA is prosecuting. Baldwin will have to maintain that he did not pull the trigger. That is what creates reasonable doubt.

I'm a lawyer. I believe that this case will boil down to whether it was "reasonable" or "reckless" of him to pull the gun up in the first place. We have all been told not to point a weapon at someone even when we assume it is not loaded. I don't even have a gun and I know that. They were not shooting a scene, which would require the shields and choreography. He was goofing and pulled the gun out and pointed it at someone. He's going to lose on this element of the crime.

If I were his lawyer, I would be weighing whether I thought I could make a cogent argument that, somehow, goofing with a gun that one thinks is not loaded is better than lying about pulling a trigger. One is negligence; the other shows deliberate disregard. I would argue, as hard as I could, that my client was negligent because it's the only thing that gets the client out of the lie he may have told about pulling the trigger.

And, finally, the jury selection will be critical. I cannot think of one demographic that will like Alec Baldwin, except maybe fraus and even they, I have to believe, are fairly disgusted with the dozens of crotch balls littered around his house. He comes across as entitled, arrogant and dismissive. He isn't a good enough actor to overcome his own hubris. Any gun nut that might like him will hate him for being a loud-mouthed liberal. All things considered, I'd plead this out as fast as you could say, "pay me my retainer."

by Anonymousreply 278January 21, 2023 11:33 AM

Itโ€™s easy to make claims about what you would do in someone elseโ€™s shoes, but I feel like if I killed someone I would be willing to accept that I deserved formal, legal punishment in addition to all the other fallout. And from a PR perspective, I think Baldwin would have come out better.

If he had just said, โ€œIโ€™m not sure what happened. I know I was told the gun was cold and I relied overly on that and proceeded to act thoughtlessly. I donโ€™t remember pulling the trigger, but I know I wasnโ€™t treating the gun as a potentially deadly weapon.โ€

Whatโ€™s the worst that happens? He pleads down to something that gets him six months as a celebrity in a low security prison? That sounds better than six months under Covid lockdown with an annoying spouse and three kids under 10 doing โ€œonline school.โ€ And a lot of people did what they needed to and survived that.

by Anonymousreply 279January 21, 2023 11:49 AM

R235 Not everyone agrees with you and your PR team.

by Anonymousreply 280January 21, 2023 12:22 PM

r278 then you might skim over film laws citations.. even without the gun stuff, Alec is one of the principle producers of this production as well as having taken on other culpable roles in the production that it ultimately falls to being under his supervision and responsibility. Too many people seem under the impression he was just an actor on set. And he's been trying to push that in the public spotlight as if he's a school marm that just volunteered for a pta event where a tragedy happened. . . that everyone else is responsible. He's trying for a good faith defense and shifting blame.,

r279 He likely didn't because that would open him up to civil suits, and not only related to this specific case. Once you admit culpability, it's a stain on your permanent record -- mostly because juries don't understand the legal rammifications of no contest pleas (which would have been the better out on paper). And with civil suits, even as frivolous as they may be, it will always be brought up as history. . . past events could be opened by this as well as all future endeavors. Celebrities as much as they abuse the civil system, themselves, worry about it far more than the criminal.

(also, there are leftwing and both side trolls gun nuts... to which the right is really no better on the issues. Most gun "nuts" believe in practical laws, not hyperbolic extremes in either direction. But this is neither here nor there.)

by Anonymousreply 281January 21, 2023 12:39 PM

[quote]but unless they have something to indicate Baldwin knew the gun was loaded or acted deliberately recklessly, the charges against him seem misguided.

He doesnโ€™t have to know the gun was loaded, merely pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger is reckless enough to substantiate the charges.

by Anonymousreply 282January 21, 2023 4:00 PM

That boy is a liar and never had a lick o sense..He could strut while sittin down and start a fight in an empty house.

He's as busy as a hound in flea season tellin' everone the gal was dead when he got there.

Gonna show this boy trying to hang his laundry on someone else's line!

by Anonymousreply 283January 21, 2023 5:36 PM

^Homage to the movie Rust. The trial must be carried out in old western idioms haha. (Sorry.)

by Anonymousreply 284January 21, 2023 8:00 PM

Ok.

Big tree, short rope, fix stupid.

by Anonymousreply 285January 21, 2023 8:16 PM

โ€œGo home!โ€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 21, 2023 10:33 PM

She has an orgasm every time she gets to go out and act all pissed off that the paps are swarming for her (finally!). There is a back entrance (the one Alec snuck out of) that she could use and not have the kids exposed to the paps. Better yet, they could retreat to their Vermont estate and do distance learning for awhile until the furor dies down. Or their Hampton estate. But no, they stay put and she's eating up all the attention. And the Espana accent is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 287January 21, 2023 10:40 PM

[quote]There is a back entrance (the one Alec snuck out of) that she could use and not have the kids exposed to the paps.

If she had used the back entrance she wouldnโ€™t have had so many kids.

by Anonymousreply 288January 21, 2023 10:55 PM

R288, I love you.

by Anonymousreply 289January 21, 2023 11:34 PM

Now theyโ€™re saying โ€œthe show must go on!โ€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 22, 2023 1:37 AM

[quote]Now theyโ€™re saying โ€œthe show must go on!โ€

That's the mindset of a cold-blooded killer. Baldwin isn't capable of seeing how wrong that is.

by Anonymousreply 291January 22, 2023 3:39 AM

Alec will probably get another Judge Ito publicity hound to preside

by Anonymousreply 292January 22, 2023 3:44 AM

"Alec Baldwin charged with voluntary gravellywhisper"

by Anonymousreply 293January 22, 2023 4:15 AM

Why are they even trying to finish this low-quality, low-budget piece of shit film? Is Rust supposed to be a work of art? Is it expected to be highly entertaining and draw a huge crowd of fans?

by Anonymousreply 294January 22, 2023 8:10 AM

Do people under 40 even watch westerns? I'm trying to think of a recent one that was a hit at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 295January 22, 2023 8:49 AM

Mafia Don got someone to load that gun with real bullets, in retaliation for Baldwin's scathing portrayal of him on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 296January 22, 2023 8:54 AM

[quote]I'm a lawyer.

Doubtful. If you are, you're singularly terrible at your job, based on your post.

by Anonymousreply 297January 22, 2023 8:58 AM

What must be the tone in that household when Hilaria creates these sabotaging public relations disasters? We've seen Alec get quite testy when she gets lippy and flubs it with the media. He's trapped, publicly and privately.

I think she's crazier than he is.

by Anonymousreply 298January 22, 2023 10:07 AM

Weโ€™re not seeing the usual outpouring of support from the usual suspects on social media for Alec.

Who has come to Alecโ€™s defense other than Mickey Rourke?

by Anonymousreply 299January 22, 2023 12:02 PM

The CEO of Smith & Wesson has offered Alec and Hilaria a supportive tweet.

by Anonymousreply 300January 22, 2023 12:38 PM

[quote] I think she's crazier than he is.

She's absolutely psychotic. This bitch makes the joker look sane and I'm more afraid of her than alec at this point. He cant leave her now sheโ€™s made sure of that. Death is his only way away from her and even then she will haunt him with that accent.

by Anonymousreply 301January 22, 2023 1:21 PM

Alec must be dumber than I thought. All he wanted was pussy and company, so why marry a crazy and spit out all those kids, late in life?

by Anonymousreply 302January 22, 2023 1:24 PM

R302, well, presumably he wanted all those kids, as it would have been quite easy to prevent those pregnancies if he and/or his wife wanted to. Which, of course, brings up the other issue of how crazy and what a narcissist he is to father so many children so late in life.

by Anonymousreply 303January 22, 2023 1:29 PM

indeed

by Anonymousreply 304January 22, 2023 1:30 PM

Oh, just wait, DL cunts. Another Baldwinito IS coming.

by Anonymousreply 305January 22, 2023 1:35 PM

[quote]Who has come to Alecโ€™s defense other than Mickey Rourke?

Has the cast of The Big Bang Theory chimes in yet?

by Anonymousreply 306January 22, 2023 4:40 PM

R303, back in early 90โ€™s I recall an interview with Alec while he was married to Kim B . He said he wanted a large brood like his idol RFK .

by Anonymousreply 307January 22, 2023 4:42 PM

Kim B. knew of his desire and after 1 kid decided to can his ass. He was off kilter even way back then.

by Anonymousreply 308January 22, 2023 5:42 PM

there is no way his cock still works at his age plus he drinks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 309January 22, 2023 5:50 PM

The common belief is that they keep pumping out the kids from embryos they have on ice. Using surrogates.

by Anonymousreply 310January 22, 2023 5:51 PM

At least RFK had his kids prior to becoming elderly (and dead). AB doesnโ€™t look like heโ€™s going to last through one high school graduation, or first round of rehab. How did he get so avuncular and paternal since the thoughtless pig days?

by Anonymousreply 311January 22, 2023 6:01 PM

[quote] Who has come to Alecโ€™s defense other than Mickey Rourke?

SNL still covers for Alec's murder, unlike what the they did to Claudine Longet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312January 22, 2023 9:26 PM

He's aging badly. Those bags under his eyes look like hammocks.

by Anonymousreply 313January 25, 2023 6:10 PM

Stress โ˜๐Ÿผ

by Anonymousreply 314January 26, 2023 1:01 AM

"He's got saggy ballsack eyes"

by Anonymousreply 315January 26, 2023 2:22 AM

I wonder if there is some universal karma that a man who has too many children has to start killing people to even things out.

by Anonymousreply 316January 27, 2023 5:02 AM

Alec Baldwin charged with voluntary SUCKING COCK ๐Ÿ†

by Anonymousreply 317January 28, 2023 1:08 AM

Alec will probably start to do what most other old rich famous men do when they get in serious trouble for harming women and/or children. He'll pretend to be blind, pretend to have dementia, or suddenly come down with a serious condition to evoke pity and for his lawyer to legally show he can't be held responsible or stand trial.

by Anonymousreply 318January 28, 2023 10:38 PM

When's the perp walk?

by Anonymousreply 319January 29, 2023 1:45 AM

Prison stripes are making a comeback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 29, 2023 1:55 AM

R320 I think prisons should bring the stripes back. They're much more sophisticated than the orange jumpsuits.

by Anonymousreply 321January 30, 2023 6:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!