Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breakfast ideas

So bored of breakfast, any healty or even unhealthy ideas!

by Anonymousreply 78January 23, 2023 6:06 PM

I did mean healthy ^^

Op

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2023 11:32 PM

On Jenny Craig I eat a different breakfast everyday, tomorrow is ehh and cheese quesadilla

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2023 11:34 PM

“ehh and cheese”

Asking about non-boring options.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2023 11:37 PM

^^Egg

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2023 11:39 PM

Pigs in a blanket!

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Modified Bangers and Mash: leftover mashed potatoes, pan fried until it forms a golden crust on parts of it with your choice of breakfast links/patties or Italian sausage (or whatever the hell sausage you might have). Add a fried egg and toast if you'd like a heart attack on a plate. Some coffee or strong Irish Breakfast tea plus berries or your fruit of choice and you have a whole smorgasbord.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2023 11:48 PM

I like savory food and don't eat eggs, so sometimes I have hummus on saltines for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2023 12:02 AM

R7, girl, that sounds so sad.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2023 12:04 AM

Make some fluffy buttermilk biscuits and make and egg, cheese and crispy bacon sandwich. Butter that biscuit if you dare.

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2023 12:06 AM

I also regularly make breakfast sandwiches on Thomas' English muffins with egg, cheese and a slice of ham or link of sausage.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2023 12:11 AM

A frittata now and then (especially a pasta frittata) is a nice thing to have in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2023 12:14 AM

I fucking love a plain bagel, lightly toasted with 1 pat of butter.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2023 12:22 AM

I always have yogurt for breakfast with a shot of V8.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2023 12:36 AM

I quite like a boiled egg on wholemeal toast with pepper and salt.

French toast is really nice but takes preparation. An omelette would be pretty good too.

In Europe they often give you salami and cheese with bread.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2023 1:55 AM

Fruit would be very healthy - a grapefruit or mixed prepared fruit.

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2023 1:57 AM

If you have a Belgian waffle maker, Belgian-style yeast waffles.

Or, a bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, and red onion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2023 2:11 AM

Usually it's oatmeal, with raisins, nuts, and hot milk. Sometimes it's breakfast tacos with eggs, salsa, and avocado, or a Dutch Baby with fruit, or maybe crepes with cheese and an egg, or a vegetarian fry-up with eggs, haloumi cheese, mushrooms, etc. If I'm out, it's fresh-baked bagels with cream cheese!

Yesterday I tried making Migas, a mexican breakfast dish with eggs, veggies, and fried tortillas. Good, but not earthshaking. And come to think of it, maybe I'll make crepes for dinner. The batter keeps for days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2023 3:22 AM

Tomorrows breakfast for me is - Organic Sprouted Oatmeal, chia seeds, hemp seeds, ground flax seeds and a teaspoon of Fair Trade Organic Cacao Powder

Plus two boiled eggs

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2023 3:43 AM

Do you soak the chia seeds first r18? i have hemp and flax but i don't know what to do with the chia...thought it was supposed to soak in water to reap its benefits.

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2023 3:47 AM

Avocado Toast with Egg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2023 3:48 AM

R19- Soaking before eating is supposed to make grains and seeds more digestible. I've never soaked my chia seeds prior to eating them but I always soak my oatmeal overnight before cooking it the next day.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2023 3:50 AM

Black coffee and two Marlboro Lites.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2023 3:50 AM

^^thought you were supposed to soak...yadda, yadda

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2023 3:50 AM

Ass of course

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2023 3:51 AM

Biscuits with pork sausage cooked smashburger-style, with cheddar, egg and spicy mayo.

Savory oatmeal with salt, butter, grated cheddar, crumbled bacon.

Gingerbread waffles with bacon.

Croissant with cheddar and ham.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2023 3:59 AM

I always make sure to order a big pizza to have enough leftover for breakfast.

Or there are recipes out there for "breakfast pizza" that usually incorporate scrambled eggs.

Lasagna is another Italian dish I'll eat for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2023 4:05 AM

Baked eggs are a great way to use up leftovers. Butter a couple of ramekins and place a spoonful of something savory (sautéed mushroom, a quartered artichoke heart, a bit of cooked veggie, etc. -crumbled bacon or sausage if you're a meat eater) in the bottom. Break an egg or two into the ramekin. Pour a spoonful of cream on top, then season. Add a bit of grated cheese and some chopped fresh herb. Place in a pan of boiling water on the stove top, cover, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolk is thick. Toast points optional.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2023 4:08 AM

I drain all the liquid out of a can of Rotel’s diced tomatoes and chilies (original) put it into a frying pan, warm it up, add scramble some eggs and move it around till it’s cooked. Top with couple of sliced kraft cheese. Ranch omelet. Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2023 4:16 AM

I like to make fried rice using leftover rice and veggies. Lots of toasted sesame oil and soy sauce, and then scramble some eggs in it.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2023 4:24 AM

Here's an odd one: I make Mrs. Cubbison's stuffing sometimes as a casserole. In the mornings I heat some up in a skillet, then pour over some beaten eggs and scramble it all. Lots of flavor!

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2023 4:27 AM

Do what my mom did. Have a Tab and smoke two cigarettes until she had a SlimFast ant 11 am..

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2023 4:28 AM

quiche made with heavy cream

by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2023 4:36 AM

R32- Traditional quiche always has heavy cream in it along with cheese, eggs, butter and bacon

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2023 4:38 AM

OP- Try this for breakfast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2023 4:45 AM

Yes, R33 -But many make it with milk or other lower-fat options. I say go all out and use heavy cream because it's much richer and more satisfying.

Some filling ideas:

roasted tomato slices, shredded fresh basil, chunks of fresh mozzarella

chopped fresh asparagus (lightly fried in olive oil) and green onion with grated gruyere cheese

caramelized onions and sage derby cheese

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2023 4:46 AM

Kroger's CarbMaster yogurt is an excellent choice for breakfast. It's only 60 cents and has only 70 calories. If I want something hot, I go for sugar-free Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal from Walmart or Meijer. The Walmart brand is $1.68 for 8 packets, so only 21 cents for breakfast and it's only 100 calories.

Obviously, this won't be enough for fatties, but it's fine for me.

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2023 5:13 AM

I honestly rarely feel like eating until around 1pm. I just have coffee with milk, no sugar, in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2023 5:25 AM

Leftover pizza: breakfast of champions!

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2023 5:29 AM

Some of you must be so grossly obese that you are unable to leave your basements without a crane and a forklift.

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2023 5:35 AM

Saute some mushrooms and fresh spinach in olive oil, then add a couple scrambled eggs and some goat cheese.

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2023 5:35 AM

Pecans, Fage 5% yogurt with honey, Grape Nuts with Silk vanilla soy milk and raisins.

Cheese omelet, soft scrambled eggs with cheese.

Leftovers from lunch or dinner.

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2023 5:38 AM

I learned how to make a Japanese rice omelette from the foodie movie "Tampopo"! Basically you make a French omelette, and fill it with leftover rice and maybe some vegetables, and squirt some ketchup on top. Surprisingly tasty!

It's winter now and I have a hot breakfast every day, but I don't cook during summer. It's yogurt with fruit and granola, cereal, or a sandwich. The South Americans eat sandwiches for breakfast because they're easy and don't require cooking, why shouldn't the rest of us!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2023 5:41 AM

[quote] Kroger's CarbMaster yogurt is an excellent choice for breakfast.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with that.

The No. 1 ingredient of Kroger's CarbMaster yogurt is WATER, and it tastes like it.

(And not very good-tasting water, I might add.)

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2023 5:43 AM

Water is better for you than the excessive calories that some people are consuming for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2023 5:46 AM

R18 - Are all those seeds and grains crazy amounts of fiber? You must shit like a rhino!

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2023 5:53 AM

This is more of a weekend-treat type thing:

Toasted British Style Crumpets topped with ricotta cheese, slivered or sliced almonds & a drizzle of honey. But they have to be British Style CRUMPETS (available at Trader Joe’s), NOT English muffins.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2023 5:55 AM

When my French boyfriend and I graduated from grad school, and it came time for us to go our separate ways (très triste), he invited me over to breakfast my last day in town. He made something very simple and rustic that he called a "Rouge et Noir." No cooking required. .. Served on an oblong plate, the "red" was fresh strawberries, the "black" was thick slices of pumpernickel bread, and in the middle was a slice of brie cheese.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2023 7:01 AM

There’s a restaurant by me that serves this dish called QEGr. It stands for quinoa, eggs and greens. It’s sautéed spinach on a bed of quinoa with a fried egg on top. The quinoa was not bland at all and it keeps you full for a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2023 8:01 AM

This guy makes a great breakfast bulge .. uh, bowl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2023 8:24 AM

Breakfast bowl - sauteed peppers, onions, sausage, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and gruyere cheese sauce.

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2023 9:04 AM

Eating a bowl full of seeds in the morning with half a strawberry seems... sad.

It's like those chicks in highschool that had a bag of carrot sticks for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2023 10:06 AM

I'd love to eat that, R49! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever.

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2023 4:46 PM

Loco Moco can be eaten any time of day. Many Hawaiians like it for breakfast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Lately I've become a big fan of those Flatout brand wraps. They're only 60 calories and stay fresh in fridge for quite a while without drying out.

My typical breakfast wrap is scrambled eggs and spinach cooked in olive oil along with some roasted red pepper strips, and crumbled feta (if I have some on hand).

by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2023 7:47 PM

Breakfast ideas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2023 3:11 AM

Thick slices of brioche toasted, buttered, and coated with cinnamon sugar. To die for.

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2023 9:02 AM

Want indulgent ... go for Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2023 12:07 PM

Trying to use fewer eggs as a part of my breakfast repertoire. Any more ideas along this line?

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2023 12:14 PM

#1 Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup chia pudding, raspberries, blueberries, walnuts. To prepare chia pudding, add 4 tbsp seeds to 1 1/4 cups almond milk, sweeten if you like with a tbsp or 2 of honey, I use low sugar maple syrup. Refrigerate overnight.

#2 Scrambled eggs, or eggs over easy, 2 or 3 slices of canadian bacon. Grapefuit sections, with berries.

#3 Fritatta, 4-6 eggs, cheese, asparagus, roasted peppers, chopped scallions if you like. Sometimes I slice cooked potato, brown on both sides in a little olive oil, then pour in egg mixture with vegs, cook on stovetop a bit just to set eggs, finish in oven at 350 until cooked through. The potatoes form a delicious crust.

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2023 12:23 PM

I had a good old-fashioned fry-up for one this morning! Fried egg, hash browns, fried mushrooms, fried halmoumi cheese instead of bacon or sausage because I'm vegetarian. Easy and delicious, and I could have added fried tomatoes or beans or onions if I felt like it.

Seriously, it's winter in the northern hemisphere, and we all want something hot and solid. Fry and egg and whatever else you have lying around, and call it decadence!

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2023 11:18 PM

If you can actually get it together to cook first thing in the morning, more power to you!

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2023 11:26 PM

Dog turds with syrup

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2023 11:31 PM

My “on vacation in an Airbnb” breakfast is D’Artagnan duck sausage, split in half and fried and then served on a toasted English muffin with mustard.

I wouldn’t do it because I’d be useless the rest of the day, but I think that a crisp white wine would pair well.

by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2023 12:25 AM

R58

No eggs.

I had a friend I lived with for about 3 years long time ago. Was a very fun time for a while.

I had off from work, we were enjoying each others company on a sunny Saturday morning in her little dining room. I'll never forget. She made herself breakfast. Poured into a bowl a generous helping of old fashioned cornflakes using no milk. What did she use?

Budweiser.

Ok. Well, it's not for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2023 12:46 AM

You nasty pig!

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2023 12:51 AM

This can’t be healthy, but it sounds fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2023 5:23 AM

Timeless advice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2023 5:26 AM

I pour egg whites and cheap mixed vegetables into a pan and just scramble it. It's awful but I'll NEVER be fat.

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2023 5:44 AM

Toasted bagel with chive cream cheese and crisp bacon.

by Anonymousreply 69January 18, 2023 6:28 AM

Filipino longganisa sausage. You eat it with rice and then burp up the taste of it for the rest of the day.

by Anonymousreply 70January 18, 2023 7:17 AM

Yogurt, blueberries, and granola.

by Anonymousreply 71January 18, 2023 7:28 AM

Lox, bagel, red onion and tomato.

by Anonymousreply 72January 18, 2023 7:39 AM

Candy canes

by Anonymousreply 73January 18, 2023 8:51 PM

Large slice of soft bread, toasted, then put peanut butter and jam or jelly.

by Anonymousreply 74January 18, 2023 9:02 PM

People are so into bacon they overlook sal mon. I love bagels with lox and creme cheese. I also love smoked salmon with my scrambled eggs.

As for breakfast sandwiches? The only supermarket English muffins I will eat are Bays. They are in the refrigerator section. Thomas's English muffins are like cardboard.

YOu might also enjoy a ham or smoked turkey sandwich. It's east to get in a rut. Oatmeal, eggs pancakes, biscuits, waffles. Yogurt is good but not every day.

by Anonymousreply 75January 18, 2023 11:49 PM

Chicken congee AKA jook--You have to make this the night before but the bonus is that you can also have it for lunch or dinner. It's a rice porridge but you can jazz it up with ginger, garlic, carrots, scallions, soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, scrambled egg, oyster sauce, toasted sesame oil, deep-fried shallots, chicken shreds, fried ground pork. The basics are chicken broth, water and stock.

Great if you have a bum tummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 22, 2023 9:24 PM

Trader Joe’s Belgian waffles are actually imported from Belgium!

by Anonymousreply 77January 22, 2023 9:26 PM

Grits

by Anonymousreply 78January 23, 2023 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!