Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are some simple truths that you hold deep to yourself and would never express to others for 2023 ?

1. Abortion should be free and widely available . This will reduce the offspring of the undesirables 2. The millennial women focused workplace is a nightmare . 3. Big city urban gays aint all that 4. We give out too much free stuff 5. It an illusion you will find one partner for the rest of your life . 6. The housing industry is a fraud 7. Many people who suffer from anxiety are simply weak and immature 8. Gay culture will deteriorate into something unrecognizable in the next 5 years 9. First Lady Jill Biden is one tough hot broad 10. Tic Toc = China espionage

by Anonymousreply 378January 16, 2023 4:47 PM

The in between stuff makes us look bad.

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2023 4:31 AM

This should've been a poll.

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2023 4:34 AM

Addiction should not be deemed a "disease."

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2023 4:36 AM

The Trump Republicans are ruining the country.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2023 4:37 AM

A lot but not all people with “invisible disabilities” are lazy and don’t want to work.

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2023 4:40 AM

English should be the official language of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2023 4:40 AM

Obesity is fucking disgusting and we need to stop making it "the normal"

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2023 4:41 AM

eldergays in the workplace are a nightmare

We give out too much free stuff......but the Republicans who say shit like this want to give tax breaks to billionaires and PPP loans to the rich

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2023 4:42 AM

People from some countries don’t belong in western countries. They refuse to assimilate and are dragging the rest of us down.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2023 4:42 AM

DACA recipients should only be given green cards.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2023 4:44 AM

Far left types like AOC and her squad aren't helping the country.

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2023 4:44 AM

People who say things like "People from some countries don’t belong in western countries" and "English should be the official language of the U.S." don't belong in the US. Send them off into outer space with their idol, Elon Musk. Racist MAGA clowns are the dumbest people on earth.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2023 4:45 AM

Far right types like r11 aren't helping the country.

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2023 4:46 AM

Medical professional especially nurses are arrogant as fuck, but aren't called out enough on their arrogance. Also, unions have no place in the healthcare industry.

Law enforcement agencies shouldn't be unionized.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2023 4:46 AM

All employees should be unionized. Employers don't give benefits, don't care about safety, don't hesitate to fire---where there are no unions.

It is very difficult to absorb the fact that Earth revolved for 180 million years under the reign of the dinosaurs. That not one creature extant then realized it was part of a vast Universe.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2023 4:54 AM

This trans and non binary shit is ridiculous and needs to be over.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2023 4:56 AM

Stereotypes tend to reflect social reality we observe daily

Some cities are meant to die and should be allowed to do so . stop investing billions in revitalization of ghettos

China engineered the Corona Virus and designed it to mutate

I don't give a fuck about the royal family

People under 50 are easily manipulated into buying things they do not need by social media

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2023 4:59 AM

I'm reluctant to say because it will just turn this thread into a shit show.

Based on that alone, everybody knows what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2023 4:59 AM

Chris Watts isn't that hot

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2023 5:00 AM

The criminal justice system needs a complete overhaul. First of all, it should be used to punish people who cause harm to others (theft, fraud, assault, rape, murder, etc), not to punish behavior that people in power don’t like (drug use, loitering, public nudity, etc). And it definitely shouldn’t be used as overkill (up to 6 months in jail for having your dog on a leash longer than 6 feet in a national park).

There should be a total and unequivocal ban on plea bargaining. If a “crime” is serious enough to take away someone’s freedom, then it’s worth a trial by jury and it’s worth a prosecutor having to work to prove it. Plea bargains allow legislators to add all kinds of bogus “crimes” to the books and restrict our freedoms more.

Prosecutors and judges also need to be held accountable for misconduct. As it is now, they have near 100% immunity from any wrongdoing.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2023 5:03 AM

[quote] I'm reluctant to say because it will just turn this thread into a shit show. Based on that alone, everybody knows what I'm talking about.

Pasta should not be drained.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2023 5:03 AM

Gurl always Keep an eye on your luggage !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2023 5:05 AM

1. If a woman hits a man first, she should expect to get hit back. No free pass because you're a member of the weaker sex. 2. People who refuse to tip should be banned from dining out. 3. Not all cops are bad. 4. Sex offenders shouldn't have to register. 5. Mother Teresa was evil. 6. Beyonce is overrated. 7. Some sexual assault victims put themselves in the situation. 8. People who torture animals or children should be maimed.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2023 5:13 AM

1. Some cultures are just better than others. You can say that’s ignorant or xenophobic, but a culture that allows women to peruse an education and a career and gives them access to birth control is better than a culture that forces women into arranged marriages and throws acid in the faces of schoolgirls.

2. People who insist on non-binary “they/them” pronouns are narcissistic pricks.

3. Being transgender has absolutely nothing to do with being gay. Just because everyone is pressured into saying otherwise doesn’t make it true.

4. There is nothing respectable about being religious. Believing blindly in nonsense makes you an idiot. And wanting to take away someone’s rights because you think that’s what God wants makes you even worse.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2023 5:13 AM

*pursue

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2023 5:15 AM

Transgenders are negatively affecting public perception of gay people, by association.

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2023 5:18 AM

R21, You wrote words, but you, Jon Snow, know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2023 5:23 AM

R23, So #7.

You would say then that all wares on open display, from bananas to automobiles, deserve to be stolen?

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2023 5:27 AM

R23 I really do believe that the sex offender registry is really more about shaming and humiliating than it is about public safety. Why don’t we have a national DUI registry? What if your child gets in a car with someone who was convicted of a DUI?

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2023 5:35 AM

Some straight women are nasty to their in-laws for no good reason and they get away with it way too much in society.

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2023 5:39 AM

Woke policies ruin all facets of society and need to go.

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2023 5:44 AM

It should be illegal to have more than one child until the population density goes down. Abortion should be mandatory in these cases.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2023 5:51 AM

For the good of the country, Joe and Kamala need to announce that they're not running for reelection.

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2023 5:52 AM

we cater to the wrong people:

- millions of dollars are being spent on immigrants in NYC yet nurses who are threatening to strike are not being paid a living wage

-Idaho jail officials are willing to accommodate quadruple homicide suspect Bryan Kohberger's vegan diet amid his time behind bars, RadarOnline.com has learned following his extradition.

by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2023 5:52 AM

Fibromyalgia isn’t a disease.

by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2023 6:18 AM

(^.^) Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Researchers believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain and spinal cord process painful and nonpainful signals.

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2023 6:24 AM

1. Many people are too stupid to vote responsibly. If we suspended all elections and instead selected legislatures in the same way as we select juries (or by lottery), we would probably be better off.

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2023 6:37 AM

Being an influencer is not a career choice. They have an outsized sense of their own importance. Most of them don’t know what they are talking about. They don’t realize one day you are in; the next day you are out.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2023 6:40 AM

Homeless people (not all) can be super obnoxious and littery.

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2023 6:41 AM

Gay men and lesbians should have had a much greater say before they became part of the LGBTQIAASFCGTWX+++ community. It has been expanded so much that it now has very little to do with gay people at all.

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2023 6:42 AM

R20 I mostly agree but drug use does cause trouble for other people. Often. We need to decriminalize and focus on prevention and rehab.

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2023 6:45 AM

1. Abortion should not only be legal, it should be encouraged. and should cost no more than $40. There should be more abortion clinics than there are gas stations and banks.

2. The lack of universal healthcare is an enormous burden on +and control applied to) society and individuals.

3. There are only a few professions, occupations, and jobs that ride to the level of important or valuable work. The rest are deluded (or disillusioned) cogs in a wheel.

4. Trans-issues have absolutely no overlap with gay and lesbian lives.

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2023 6:50 AM

Simple solution, R40 - let gays and lesbians regroup under “LG community” and all the rest can roll on in their multi-capital letter rainbow coalition.

by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2023 6:55 AM

The problem is, the women who need abortions most of all don’t get them (the single mom with 7 kids by 7 different fathers… not as unusual as you think). Most of the women who get abortions are wealthy and educated.

The government should pay low income women to take birth control. Incentivize NOT having children

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2023 7:56 AM

R36 Don’t believe it’s a “condition” either.

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2023 8:02 AM

I don’t think that we should be encouraging transgenderism. I don’t claim to understand it or to understand what these people are going through or how they feel, but one thing I know for sure is that if surgery and hormone injections for life are required, then it’s definitely a disorder rather than a natural variation. You can’t convince me that humans naturally evolved to need to transition and to need hormones and surgery.

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2023 8:14 AM

Anti-trans people have serious issues with themselves.

by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2023 8:29 AM

Pro-trans people are sheep.

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2023 8:32 AM

[quote]I'm reluctant to say because it will just turn this thread into a shit show.

Oh, shut the fuck up, r18, you're in a million anti-trans threads already. And then moments later, you posted this:

[quote]Transgenders are negatively affecting public perception of gay people, by association.

Great, not just an asshole, but an asshole desperate for attention. But I guess all of you trolls are, aren't you? You wouldn't be trolls if life was going well for you.

by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2023 9:13 AM

[quote]Gay men and lesbians should have had a much greater say before they became part of the LGBTQIAASFCGTWX+++ community.

Gays and lesbians were marching with trans people in the late 1960s, and all the smaller, disparate LGBT groups -- the trans groups, bi groups, lesbian groups, radfems, gays, etc. -- started joining together by the late 1980s. The term "LGBT" was already in use by 1988. That was 35 years ago.

Now here you are in 2023 acting like none of that ever happened, and acting as if some mysterious force changed "gay and lesbian" to "LGBT" recently. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2023 9:22 AM

Say what you want about the pluses and minuses of England having OxBridge and USA the Ivy League, having at least one of these diplomas is nearly always an advantage in life.

by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2023 9:29 AM

R50 back then, the T was an afterthought, now it has taken centre stage, with gay men loitering in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2023 9:32 AM

[quote] It an illusion you will find one partner for the rest of your life

This.

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2023 9:34 AM

R17 Why wouldn't you express to others that you don't give a fuck about the royal family?

by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2023 9:47 AM

R23 Not only should sex defenders have to register, a lot of them should be castrated.

by Anonymousreply 55January 7, 2023 9:49 AM

Minimum driving age should be 18.

Legal drinking age should be 18.

by Anonymousreply 56January 7, 2023 9:52 AM

I used to think gay men had some special qualities that set them apart, qualities that stemmed from having to make choices in their lives and ti define themselves.

Now I think those qualities have all but disappeared. There are no special qualities. I still like gay men but they don't having any defining qualities to distinguish them from the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 57January 7, 2023 10:39 AM

R23 is one of the Pro-Rape people who post on the DataLounge

by Anonymousreply 58January 7, 2023 10:49 AM

We were probably happier in many ways (not all obviously) 60 years ago...society having more structures, more planned out paths, and less choices, actually made life easier for alot of people. All the choices and liberty people now, with so many things in front of them to chose from can be overwhelming and make people feel lost.

by Anonymousreply 59January 7, 2023 10:56 AM

These are always threads for the stealth racist, Republican, misogynistic, self loathers to come out and spew their repulsive garbage.

And as usual Muriel will do nothing about it.

by Anonymousreply 60January 7, 2023 10:57 AM

I say it, but no one wants to hear :1st world feminism is toxic and 90% of it, a waste of time. If you care about women's status, focus on the women who truly are treated like garbage in this world, not on writting a blog in a Starbucks on your mac about how a man sits on a subway oppresses women.

by Anonymousreply 61January 7, 2023 11:03 AM

Most men who claim to be "battered" or "abused" are actually the primary aggressor.

by Anonymousreply 62January 7, 2023 11:06 AM

r61 do you mean third-wave feminism? I would agree that, in many cases, third wave is actually harmful to women. Eg, pro-sex work, pro-gender nonsense, etc.

by Anonymousreply 63January 7, 2023 11:08 AM

R63 3rd wave 1st world feminism, to be precise.

by Anonymousreply 64January 7, 2023 11:11 AM

All the letters to the right of LGB are confused/attention-seeking straight people

by Anonymousreply 65January 7, 2023 11:16 AM

As much as we liberals go on about being open-minded and welcoming to all, at the end of the day it's all horseshit. Some of the most close-minded, singularly focused people I know are liberals.

by Anonymousreply 66January 7, 2023 11:30 AM

We need to bring back the lunatic asylums and get all of the severely mentally ill homeless people off the street once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 67January 7, 2023 11:30 AM

We haven't seen the worst of COVID yet

by Anonymousreply 68January 7, 2023 11:38 AM

[quote]Abortion should be free and widely available

Why would you keep this to yourself and never tell anyone? Where the fuck do you live, the Republic of Gilead?

Christ, some of you are just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 69January 7, 2023 11:44 AM

Eating dogs is just fine

by Anonymousreply 70January 7, 2023 11:49 AM

They heavy-handed ban on plastic bags (in many states) is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 71January 7, 2023 12:22 PM

2,3,5,7 are silly-

by Anonymousreply 72January 7, 2023 12:34 PM

Not only should there be ID needed to vote, one should have to pass a basic test about civics/government to be able to register to vote.

by Anonymousreply 73January 7, 2023 12:43 PM

The pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction on shame - some shame is good.

by Anonymousreply 74January 7, 2023 12:49 PM

Having men who’ve had their dangly bits removed and now present themselves as women competing with ACTUAL women in a swim meet is not progress it’s

CHAOS

by Anonymousreply 75January 7, 2023 1:17 PM

The “Dynasty” remake was better than the original.

by Anonymousreply 76January 7, 2023 1:33 PM

R76- Ditto for the current Dodge Challenger- It's much better than the original 1970 Dodge Challenger.

by Anonymousreply 77January 7, 2023 1:35 PM

Women should focus solely on the home and family. When women are in leadership positions, nothing gets done.

by Anonymousreply 78January 7, 2023 1:39 PM

Non-binary is a mental illness. The they/them pronouns imply multiple people.

by Anonymousreply 79January 7, 2023 1:45 PM

R79- It sounds like someone who's stuck in another dimension.

by Anonymousreply 80January 7, 2023 1:49 PM

State colleges spend way too much money paying football and basketball coaches and those coaches most of the time don't care about education.

by Anonymousreply 81January 7, 2023 1:53 PM

You know what truth is? It’s that little baby you’re holding. And that man you fought with this morning. The same one you’re going to make love with tonight. That’s truth. That’s love.

by Anonymousreply 82January 7, 2023 1:59 PM

The United States is a strange and uniquely fucked up country.

Agree with r56 on the drinking age of 21. Nineteen and twenty year olds are adults, for fucks sake. They can join the military at 18 and be blown to bits in a war, but they can’t get a beer at a bar or a glass of wine with dinner. A relic of the puritanical hypocrisy of the United States and exhibit 1000 on how strange this place is.

by Anonymousreply 83January 7, 2023 2:08 PM

Where is this veter ID thing coming from? I have always had to show my id with current address or bring a utility bill if it's a new address proving I reside at the residence in the district I am registered in. Are masses of people voting with no ids?

by Anonymousreply 84January 7, 2023 2:12 PM

AMEN, R83!

by Anonymousreply 85January 7, 2023 2:14 PM

I think the biggest reason for why social capital/community has declined is that Americans are way to invested in "stuff" and not education, people, etc. I think that using philosophy in the same way the Ancient Greeks did--as a way to live their lives versus just something just to study and write disserations on--is a way to rectify that. I doubt that will ever happen.

by Anonymousreply 86January 7, 2023 2:54 PM

Catholicism/Christianity (the non-evangelical kind) is generally not fucked-up in the rest of the world. America is a very weird outlier in that regard. For most of history, Christians did not necessarily take literal interpretations of scripture. But a large % of American Christians do think the Bible is literal. And they export that shit to third world countries like Uganda.

by Anonymousreply 87January 7, 2023 3:00 PM

R87 You don't think Christianity isn't fucked up in Africa?

by Anonymousreply 88January 7, 2023 3:03 PM

R3 Alcoholism became a "disease" when doctors realized they could make big bucks opening rehab centers.

by Anonymousreply 89January 7, 2023 3:14 PM

R88, a huge reason Christianity in Africa is fucked up is because of American Evangelicals. They export their extreme teachings to those countries. And I'm not saying America is the ONLY country with fucked-up Christianity. However, it is an outlier compared to wealthy Western/Northern/Central European countries and East Asia. According to a 2014 Pew Survey, 55% of American Evangelicals believe the Bible should be taken literally. Only 26% of American Catholics and 22% of Orthodox Christians believe this.

by Anonymousreply 90January 7, 2023 3:19 PM

Society is in dire need of need work camps, mental hospitals, efficient capital punishment, and corporal punishment in schools. Suspending freedoms for a spell would go a long way in preserving Democracy. The Constitution needs revising. The guns have to go and we need a ministry for culture. Otherwise, our societal dive will continue.

by Anonymousreply 91January 7, 2023 3:28 PM

We’ll be sending you there first R91.

by Anonymousreply 92January 7, 2023 3:33 PM

There are a lot of stupid people out there.

Public education in the US is terrible. Europeans, Japanese, and Chinese are better educated than the average American.

Sticking labels on kids just masks the real problems at times...they're stupid or just lazy.

Google has made people stupid.

by Anonymousreply 93January 7, 2023 3:40 PM

I think the American public education system does deserve blame for why Americans are less educated as a whole. But I think the biggest reason many/most Americans remain stupid is because they view education in terms of practicality. They have no interest in learning for the sake of learning. Look at the disdain that many Americans have for those who are "intellectuals". Most Americans only care about education if it helps prepare them for jobs. They don't care about knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 94January 7, 2023 3:44 PM

Journalism should be subsidized with tax dollars. It's that important.

by Anonymousreply 95January 7, 2023 3:44 PM

Most American public school teachers and administrators are phonies stealing their paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 96January 7, 2023 3:45 PM

No amount of mythologizing and Internet shout-downs can hide America's grim future.

by Anonymousreply 97January 7, 2023 3:50 PM

The cops have quit.

by Anonymousreply 98January 7, 2023 3:58 PM

Ok you asked for it so here it goes: we should bring back separate but equal. It would make life easier and more joyful. Assimilation and diversity fails every time.

by Anonymousreply 99January 7, 2023 4:16 PM

The 2020 election was stolen.

by Anonymousreply 100January 7, 2023 4:21 PM

Who stole it and how, r100?

by Anonymousreply 101January 7, 2023 4:24 PM

[quote]Agree with [R56] on the drinking age of 21. Nineteen and twenty year olds are adults, for fucks sake. They can join the military at 18 and be blown to bits in a war, but they can’t get a beer at a bar or a glass of wine with dinner. A relic of the puritanical hypocrisy of the United States and exhibit 1000 on how strange this place is.

I get why the drinking age is 21 - you are more likely to have 15 year old sophomore friends as a high school senior than a 21 year old college junior is. Therefore, you're more likely to be buying liquor for underage drinkers.

With the legal age of 21, you may be buying booze for people, but they're more likely to be technically adults.

by Anonymousreply 102January 7, 2023 4:30 PM

Men are unbelievable hypocrites. Straight men are worse, but gay men can be bad too.

We all jerk off to porn yet look down on the people in the porn as trash. Straight men get upset at how many previous sex partners their woman has had, yet it’s perfectly fine if they themselves have had 100 (as least gay men don’t care when it comes to this). We gay men are all whores (at some point in our lives), and yet we get on our high horse and condemn gay men who face negative consequences (like becoming HIV positive), as if we didn’t take any stupid chances when we were younger. The worst of all are the religious types who yammer on about family values and then get caught in a strip club or having an affair.

by Anonymousreply 103January 7, 2023 4:36 PM

But how is that different from say, France, where the drinking age is 18 and people are in school with 15 year olds? You’ll always have younger classmates at school no matter what the age. If high school is the concern then why not nineteen, when the vast majority of people have graduated? 21 is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 104January 7, 2023 4:38 PM

The sex drive is a kind of madness. It's only when the hormones start drying up that you see this. Injecting steroids is just doubling down on crazy.

by Anonymousreply 105January 7, 2023 4:56 PM

The Supreme Court was right to ban a lift on Title 42

Cuban migrants are still arriving by boat in the Florida Keys even as the Biden administration promises a crackdown. Over the New Year's weekend alone, hundreds of migrants, mostly Cubans, arrived in the Keys. (Jan. 6)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 7, 2023 4:57 PM

White supremacy is wrong but NOBODY will like a white minority.

by Anonymousreply 107January 7, 2023 5:02 PM

I live in IL, no voter ID required, love it that way. They just verify you by your address.

by Anonymousreply 108January 7, 2023 5:16 PM

R94, Well put. I stand corrected.

Many American lack curiosity. They have no interest in lives outside themselves.

More simple truths I rarely express:

"Triggered" can be nonsensical. Yes, we should not have monuments to avowed racists and rebels, but are you really that upset about a statue. I'm gay, of Irish and Italian descent, and was raised Catholic. There are plenty of portraits and statues in universities I've passed of men and women who held bigoted views of me because of my sexuality, ethnicity, and creed. I take satisfaction in knowing that despite their efforts/beliefs I'm there. I give them the middle finger as I pass them.

by Anonymousreply 109January 7, 2023 5:18 PM

While there should be exceptions for rape, incest, and the life and health of the mother, abortion generally should be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 110January 7, 2023 5:25 PM

Men ARE the problem but nothing a restoration of honor and pride among them couldn't repair.

by Anonymousreply 111January 7, 2023 5:29 PM

R102 There's no more alcoholics in the countries where the legal drinking age is 18 than there's in USA. Where I'm from, you can buy alcohol as soon as you learn how to talk. You just say you are buying it for your parents. Also you can enter bars and club as a teenager. There's no ID verification. Yet, I don't think we have more alcoholics per Capita than Americans have.

by Anonymousreply 112January 7, 2023 5:46 PM

Most of these drunken toddlers aren't pouring themselves into cars and onto America's extensive and essential roadways. We don't want teenagers behind the wheel drunk.

by Anonymousreply 113January 7, 2023 5:53 PM

R113 Again, I don't think we or any other country that has a lower drinking age laws, has more car accidents than the Americans. And you guys have way better roads, with lanes twice as wide as the ones in most of Europe.

by Anonymousreply 114January 7, 2023 5:57 PM

Most Europeans don't have to pile into a car and drive miles for their work or for supplies, like we do. Europeans famously do more with rail travel or by getting around on bike or foot. I wish it were so here.

by Anonymousreply 115January 7, 2023 5:59 PM

[quote] Many American lack curiosity. They have no interest in lives outside themselves.

That's very characteristic of people who have no desire for knowledge. To me, that's something that no education system can really solve. It depends mostly on your parents and friends. If you are raised and hang out with people who are equally incurious, you will never care about anything outside of your own world.

by Anonymousreply 116January 7, 2023 6:03 PM

Americans are curious about things, just not the same things as our betters in Europe. We're interested in the trappings of wealth and fame and beauty. The trough from which we feed is wide but very shallow.

by Anonymousreply 117January 7, 2023 6:07 PM

I agree with R107. Everyone wants to talk about how evil white people are, but who’s moving to Laos or Ethiopia for a better life? Hell, people are even moving to Poland and Romania for a better life these days, and before the war there were Africans in Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 118January 7, 2023 6:24 PM

I think you are correct R116 -- my parents, while not intellectuals, were intelligent, well educated and went out of their way to take us to museums, plays and historical sights all over the USA while we were growing up in the 70s. My mother read to us every night before bed when were pre-school age, and encouraged whatever creativity and curiosity we had. My parents encouraged us to go away to college to experience a different part of the country. I have two sisters -- one, like me, enjoyed how we were raised and has raised her family in a pretty similar manner. My other sister hated everything we did growing up, never did any of it with her own children and never moved more than a few miles from home. The differences between my sets of nieces and nephews are pretty stark. Each family has several kids, and every accounting for individual variations one group is much more incurious, inarticulate and provincial than the other, and those kids are more-so than their mother who still got much of the intellectual benefit from how we were raised even as she was disinterested in the activities at the time.

by Anonymousreply 119January 7, 2023 6:24 PM

R117- They were certainly BETTER at starting World Wars than us.

by Anonymousreply 120January 7, 2023 6:27 PM

Social media has ruined the world.

Technology is evolving faster than humankind can comprehend, therefore, proper guardrails are not in place.

The ending of the Fairness Doctrine in media helped elevate the conservative agenda, and Newt in particular.

Consumerism has destroyed our culture.

Plastic surgery has destroyed our values.

The biggest issue facing Americans is not race (though race is up there!!!), but class. They distract from the class issue by wedging us apart with race.

Young whites are being radicalized by algorithms.

Joe Biden is too fucking old, but he’s what we’ve got, and he will win if we all do our jobs too.

There are multiple political leaders who need to be assassinated for us to move forward.

Voter suppression is the issue of our era.

The climate is totally fucked and we don’t have a way out.

America is a falling empire.

Putin will be dead before the end of this year.

All of this turmoil is actually marking the beginning of a long era of peace.

by Anonymousreply 121January 7, 2023 6:40 PM

America would be a better, happier place if people were given spaces to let loose and enjoy themselves. Give people sleazy adult theaters where they can jerk off in peace or strip clubs where they can touch the dancers, parks or beaches where they can have sex, or places where they can try a few drugs in a safe controlled environment. Giving people an outlet to enjoy themselves would be much healthier than just cracking down on everything with an iron fist.

by Anonymousreply 122January 7, 2023 6:49 PM

There are more tolerances now in America than there have ever been, R122, by far. Drug use not least.

by Anonymousreply 123January 7, 2023 6:51 PM

Once you're dead you're dead. This is all we've got. Karma is BS. Success in life is 99% luck All love is conditional.

by Anonymousreply 124January 7, 2023 6:53 PM

The Government can make lives better, when it works, it works well.

The New Deal changed the course of America forever, and we need to find a way for another one.

Americans have much more in common than the media leads us to believe.

OJ did it.

by Anonymousreply 125January 7, 2023 6:55 PM

R124: Energy never dies. I don't know where we go after death but we go somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 126January 7, 2023 6:56 PM

Young men have no idea what role to play in society. Porn has turned then into a generation of incel wankers with zero social skills or ambition.

by Anonymousreply 127January 7, 2023 6:57 PM

[Quote] We don't want teenagers behind the wheel drunk.

I don't want teenagers behind the wheel period.

by Anonymousreply 128January 7, 2023 7:38 PM

@R11

AOC is the breast that America has to offer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 7, 2023 7:43 PM

We’ve all lost the ability to laugh at ourselves. Everyone is offended by everything now. And the young gays are just as bad as every other minority group.

by Anonymousreply 130January 7, 2023 7:51 PM

I don't like black Americans. I respect the fact that they created the only decent and original American music genres (jazz, rock, hip hop, r&b) but I find many aspects of their culture irritating, dangerous, and deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 131January 7, 2023 8:16 PM

When you start accomplishing goals in life and finding financial and career success, you naturally begin drifting away from your old friends and gravitating towards a “better” class of people. And your old friends start taking jabs at you for being “snooty” or they say things like “I don’t need nice vacations to be happy because I’m not shallow.”

by Anonymousreply 132January 7, 2023 8:24 PM

I don't have respect for my family anymore, and very little love. It's not just that they have turned into MAGA like conservatives (without actually voting), my love and respect started to wane once I left home and went to college. I realized how truly uncultured and ignorant and flat out boring they are, yet they convinced themselves they have done and do everything right while they grow fatter, poorer, dumber and uglier every year.

by Anonymousreply 133January 7, 2023 8:30 PM

R131, I’m sorry, but that’s completely ignorant, you fuck. Every single culture has facets to it that are valuable, interesting, and wonderful. The problems in black culture do not even come close to the diseased, putrid, evil “culture” of poor/Conservative whites. If you aren’t totally disgusted by the evil brought out by Western Civilization, colonialism, consumerism and capitalism, then that makes you nothing more than a good old fashioned racist. Connect the dots asshole. Blacks only got the right to found like yesterday if you’re taking a meta view of our history.

And you know what? I can go toe to toe with you about anything in black culture, and I happen to be white. Why don’t you make a couple of black friends before you go throwing a group of people into one single bucket? Why don’t you spend some time with black peoples from different classes?

Last but not least — you helped make black culture asshole. So did I. We all did. We are accountable. The negative parts that you find oh so deplorable? Those are a direct outcome of racism, slavery, and intergenerational poverty, all created courtesy of ***white males***.

Grow the fuck up, read a book cunt.

by Anonymousreply 134January 7, 2023 8:35 PM

[quote] Abortion should be free and widely available . This will reduce the offspring of the undesirables

That was the entire premise Margaret Sanger was pushing when she made abortion an American cause.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 7, 2023 8:35 PM

^ I apologize to everyone else, but I just cannot tolerate more racism. Please forgive my venom.

by Anonymousreply 136January 7, 2023 8:36 PM

R134 get a life. Your white knighthood is boring, predictable and pathetic and no, I don't feel guilty for feeling the way I do.

by Anonymousreply 137January 7, 2023 8:40 PM

We live in a victimhood culture. Everybody including mediocre straight white men are now crying they're oppressed victims because they aren't automatically handed things.

by Anonymousreply 138January 7, 2023 9:31 PM

R131: I'm not saying all black Americans but many of them are rude and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 139January 7, 2023 9:32 PM

Asian people make fun of other Asian people way more than white people every could. My partner is Asian. I know.

by Anonymousreply 140January 7, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote]What are some simple truths that you hold deep to yourself and would never express to others for 2023 ?

That someday, somehow I will rejoin my dead love.

by Anonymousreply 141January 7, 2023 9:33 PM

Obama is overrated!

by Anonymousreply 142January 7, 2023 9:37 PM

R110 utter contrarian nonsense. We have a population of billions and our resources are dwindling. While I wouldn't condine abortion being mandatory, we should be pushing for fewer people, not more.

by Anonymousreply 143January 7, 2023 9:40 PM

Most woman have zero self esteem and will do anything to keep from being alone. Most men know this.

by Anonymousreply 144January 7, 2023 9:52 PM

The most intolerant and narrowminded people are the ones who congratulate themselves on their tolerance and open mindedness..

by Anonymousreply 145January 7, 2023 9:59 PM

Scratch the surface of an actor and you'll find an actress.

by Anonymousreply 146January 7, 2023 10:00 PM

Trigger warnings are just a way for people to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 147January 7, 2023 10:06 PM

Most of what we've been taught about American history is a lie. I'd like to say that it's not intentional, but it is. As the idiom goes, history is always written by the winners.

by Anonymousreply 148January 7, 2023 10:08 PM

Institutional feminism is corrupt and toxic.

by Anonymousreply 149January 7, 2023 10:13 PM

Old (50 plus) men who go after young 20 something women (or men) are pathetic losers.

by Anonymousreply 150January 7, 2023 10:13 PM

[quote] Sex offenders shouldn't have to register.

I believe the sex offender registry is a good idea because [italic]most[/italic] sex offenders, specifically pedophiles, can't change. I say [italic]most[/italic] because the registry has been expanded to include a slew of offenses ranging from mere public exhibition to even record keeping errors and sloppiness. There is no equivalency between someone who rapes a child and someone who gets caught pissing in an alley behind a bar... but they both end up on the registry thanks to Americans' inability to differentiate between offenses and moreover prosecutors' laziness in doing their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 151January 7, 2023 10:17 PM

Not all cops are bad cops, but there's little difference between a good cop who won't call out a bad cop and a bad cop. In other words, the thin blue line should be erased and forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 152January 7, 2023 10:20 PM

R137, “white knights” you say? As in white pillowcase hats, KKK-style? GTFOH.

by Anonymousreply 153January 7, 2023 11:13 PM

Women’s “plumbing” is a curse.

by Anonymousreply 154January 7, 2023 11:28 PM

R126 How does energy never die?

by Anonymousreply 155January 7, 2023 11:40 PM

R126

[quote]I don't know where we go after death but we go somewhere.

About 6 feet under.

by Anonymousreply 156January 7, 2023 11:47 PM

Dirty old men are pathetic but dirty old women are grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 157January 8, 2023 12:20 AM

Vivian Vance was more talented than Lucille Ball.

by Anonymousreply 158January 8, 2023 12:24 AM

Uh no. As someone who has been on the receiving end of dirty old men, they are repulsive, not merely pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 159January 8, 2023 12:25 AM

Most jobs are useless most of the time. We are terrified of accepting that because a world that isn't constantly busy and "at work" doesn't know what to do with itself. It would really be the end of our industrial civilization and we have no ready alternative. Even the idea of cutting back the typical workweek sends people into hysterics as if the 40-hour workweek was literally handed down from heaven. If anything, people want a longer workweek, just because of the terror of not being busy at all times. We have developed a whole cult of busy-ness, celebrating our busy lives as if that is actually something to embrace. Most of what will happen in offices this week will be entirely useless, but people will be under control for those hours.

by Anonymousreply 160January 8, 2023 12:38 AM

If people didn't work, they would be face-to-face with their own neuroses. And that is terrifying. Most people don't want to face themselves.

by Anonymousreply 161January 8, 2023 12:40 AM

Speak for yourself. I have no problem not working and cutting back my hours.

by Anonymousreply 162January 8, 2023 12:51 AM

True r152. And we love that phrase "a few bad apples" every time a cop does something awful, but we always forget the whole phrase: A few bad apples spoil the bunch. Let a few "bad apples" get away with shit, and eventually the whole police force is full of corrupt assholes, each with his own nasty little side hustle.

by Anonymousreply 163January 8, 2023 12:56 AM

Our obsession with the ultra-wealthy is repugnant. The Forbes 500 is a venial, pandering farce used to one-up each other. The fact that we have allowed billionaires to set the rules and then reposition the goalposts to suit their interests represents capitalism at its worst. Furthermore, a financial system that allows billionaires to exist, let alone thrive, is morally repugnant.

The YouTube video is from a few years ago, and is now outdated but gives you a visual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 8, 2023 1:14 AM

When I learn that someone believes in a father-like benevolent God, I immediately dismiss that person as stupid.

by Anonymousreply 165January 8, 2023 1:19 AM

Not trying to be argumentative r165, but for clarification, just a "father-like benevolent God"? Are other kinds of God acceptable, or at least not stupid?

by Anonymousreply 166January 8, 2023 1:35 AM

Same, r165. I just can't take religious people seriously, no matter how educated they might happen to be. Believing that there's an all-powerful invisible man who lives in the sky and who will get angry with you if you break any of his rules seems to fucking ridiculous in the 21st Century.

by Anonymousreply 167January 8, 2023 1:36 AM

Seems SO fucking ridiculous in the 21st Century. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 168January 8, 2023 1:37 AM

R167

[quote]Believing that there's an all-powerful invisible man who lives in the sky and who will get angry with you if you break any of his rules seems so fucking ridiculous in the 21st Century.

That’s because it is!

by Anonymousreply 169January 8, 2023 1:38 AM

When I see a Muslim woman wearing a head scarf, a hijab, or a burqa, I have a strong suspicion that she was forced to wear it by a man in her life. I despise whoever he is, and I despise the woman for not chopping his balls off while he sleeps for forcing her to wear it.

Sign,

A gay American guy who was born to fully assimilated Arab Muslim immigrant parents who loved America and its values.

Oh and long-time DL regular

by Anonymousreply 170January 8, 2023 1:45 AM

R164- There has been a profound redistribution of wealth in the United States that began in the 1980's.

by Anonymousreply 171January 8, 2023 1:59 AM

Life is unfair.

by Anonymousreply 172January 8, 2023 2:07 AM

R160 is absolutely right about the inflated value placed on work and dedication of energy and long hours.

Americans, who pride themselves as god's chosen people above all nations, have an embarrassingly little vacation and leave time and fee protections. They greet this with some misplaced idea that they must not use all of what few days they have because it would reflect poorly upon the -- and the whole corporation would come to a halt if they didn't personally oversee the Tuesday Product Report that no one reads. They will bore you to fast tears about how important they are to the organization, how central is their importance, how fascinating their work, how rewarding... It's all a lie for 99% of jobs and 99% of workers, yet workers make themselves too busy to have friends, too busy to travel, too busy to see other parts of the worked and other people, too busy to have a life. And they look down on people in other countries who don't have equal salaries - but who have lives outside their work, who have friends, who get to do things with their families, who have time for.moee than work and commuting and buying more cheap shit they don't need.

by Anonymousreply 173January 8, 2023 2:09 AM

R172- No one EVER said life was fair.

by Anonymousreply 174January 8, 2023 2:09 AM

R167: Well this is a gay, godless, and liberal forum so I would expect nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 175January 8, 2023 2:11 AM

Climate change is not our biggest problem it's fossil fuel depletion. All of the so called green energies ( none of which are actually green or renewable) are totally dependent on fossil fuels for every step of their manufacturing process and to maintain. They are made from natural resources which are just as finite as fossil fuels and to extract many of those natural resources does a great deal of damage to the environment . Once our fossil fuel supply lines start breaking down there will be no solar energy, wind turbine energy, nuclear energy ( some say we should revive that) because those are not outside of our fossil fuel civilization they are merely an extension of it.

by Anonymousreply 176January 8, 2023 2:18 AM

The police should've just opened fire on the Jan. 6 rioters. They would've done society a favor.

by Anonymousreply 177January 8, 2023 2:35 AM

R177 Why didn’t they just open fire on the rioters? Would have made more sense.

by Anonymousreply 178January 8, 2023 2:42 AM

For me? That we are souls part of a huge oversoul who live many, many lifetimes for the evolution of life and our own souls. This lifetime is a BLIP on the radar. We are here on earth to learn, and we CHOSE this.

And the best things in life are free.

by Anonymousreply 179January 8, 2023 2:48 AM

R179 Can I have some of whatever you’re smoking?

by Anonymousreply 180January 8, 2023 2:55 AM

R179: Are you saying that we exist in parallel universes out there and/or the energy in our soul/spirit lives on even after we die because dark matter makes up most of the universe?

by Anonymousreply 181January 8, 2023 3:02 AM

Nonbinary people are just gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 182January 8, 2023 3:12 AM

Equity is a modern form of segregation.

by Anonymousreply 183January 8, 2023 3:16 AM

I don’t have a problem with anyone who wants to transition, but trans people are not identical to cis people. A penis is still a male sex organ and a vagina is still a female sex organ. Your enlarged clitoris is not a penis. Hell, I’d even fuck your trans man vagina, but…it’s a vagina.

There is no such thing as non-binary, demisexual, or any of the other made-up gender theory nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 184January 8, 2023 3:19 AM

Gentlemen prefer blondes!

by Anonymousreply 185January 8, 2023 3:22 AM

[quote] There should be a total and unequivocal ban on plea bargaining.

This is the kind of absurd statement that shows how ignorant the average Datalounger is. If you did this, the court system would not be able to function due to the enormous backlog of cases and the lack of money to try them.

You would need 100 times the number of currently existing courtrooms, judges, clerks, court officers, prosecutors, public defenders, and jury pools, or the system would grind to a halt.

by Anonymousreply 186January 8, 2023 3:28 AM

Men wearing genderless clothes and the feminization of men is unattractive and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 187January 8, 2023 3:29 AM

End cashless bail and bring back stop and frisk.

by Anonymousreply 188January 8, 2023 3:29 AM

R186 Do you have any idea how many people in this country get arrested for petty victimless bullshit? Do we REALLY need to be dragging people through the criminal courts for such atrocities as marijuana possession and underage drinking, or GASP, skinny dipping? If we didn’t criminalize everything we would have the resources to prosecute real crimes. The courts aren’t bogged down because Americans are 1000x worse than people in other countries. We’re just a fucked up nation.

by Anonymousreply 189January 8, 2023 3:41 AM

As a white man, I'll court disaster if I give any sort of opinion whatsoever at work about gender or race.

by Anonymousreply 190January 8, 2023 3:43 AM

Speaking from experience as a gay white man. The gay black/Latino/Asian men who bitch and moan about gay white men and white privilege the most are the ones who like white cock the most. These types ALWAYS and ONLY date white men. Why is this? I have no idea. I just know it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 191January 8, 2023 3:48 AM

University is a waste of time and money.

by Anonymousreply 192January 8, 2023 3:54 AM

White liberal women are the most annoying wokesters.

by Anonymousreply 193January 8, 2023 4:04 AM

R191: Kamala, AOC, Ketanji Brown Jackson, Omar - all with white guys.

by Anonymousreply 194January 8, 2023 4:05 AM

[Quote}Life is unfair.

and you just have to accept that fact and move on

by Anonymousreply 195January 8, 2023 4:16 AM

[quote] If we didn’t criminalize everything we would have the resources to prosecute real crimes.

No, we wouldn’t. You’re grossly, insanely underestimating the situation.

by Anonymousreply 196January 8, 2023 4:34 AM

Capitalism has lifted billions of people out of poverty and is an unmitigated source of good in the world. Socialist propagandists have brainwashed people into thinking otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 197January 8, 2023 4:38 AM

R196 Then what do you suggest? We just keep going until wearing purple on a Tuesday is a felony?

by Anonymousreply 198January 8, 2023 4:40 AM

R198, what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 199January 8, 2023 4:43 AM

Women are nowhere close to being equal to men in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 200January 8, 2023 9:49 AM

If you’ve posted it on this thread, you’ve expressed it to others, so this thread is logically doomed to fail.

by Anonymousreply 201January 8, 2023 11:04 AM

I don't hate Muslims, but I don't like most aspects of their culture and I find Muslim countries the least attractive places on earth. I don't want to be woken up at 5am by their call to prayer, I don't like the oppression of women and we all know how they feel about gays.

by Anonymousreply 202January 8, 2023 11:35 AM

R201, I think most posters wisely ignored OP's rules about the opinions being ones they "would never express to others for 2023" )whatever that was meant to mean.)

Instead the opinions are ones they keep to largely to themselves, opinions they wouldn't use as conversation starters in unfamiliar circles. Of course a few would be wise not to share their opinions outside a Klan rally or at a Republican fundraiser.

by Anonymousreply 203January 8, 2023 11:37 AM

Diversity means black only with a strong preference for queer blacks.

by Anonymousreply 204January 8, 2023 2:16 PM

Welcome to 1995, r148!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205January 8, 2023 2:17 PM

Woke culture hasn’t improved the lives of or made a difference for blacks, gays, and other minorities.

by Anonymousreply 206January 8, 2023 2:18 PM

R197, Hardly "unmitigated"!

Look around at our strip mining; fracking; industrial pig, cow, and chicken farms; warehouse-work draconian rules; etc. Our corruption by billionaires, most of whom are Right-Wingers who want only the rest of us to pay taxes.

Better yet, take off your blinders to the rest of the world.

Unless you were joking? (Keep your day job!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 8, 2023 2:26 PM

R166, Yes, I think you are stupid if you believe in any form of god. I suppose some are mentally challenged, while others are either stupid, helpless, or ignorant. The majority of religious people, however, are merely brainwashed or indoctrinated. While I believe some very religious people can be brilliant, their beliefs detract from their otherwise intelligent accomplishments. Even when there is a clear connection between educated people and their lack of faith, religious dogma can persist in the minds of many. It's as if adherence to religious ideology were a mental disorder that clouded people's judgment and fucked with their mental health.

by Anonymousreply 208January 8, 2023 3:32 PM

Capitalism is an unmitigated source of evil in the world and is about to send the entire human race to an early grave. Republican propagandists, who are actually fascist Nazi obsessives, have brainwashed people into thinking otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 209January 8, 2023 3:44 PM

You’ll find little agreement here, R150. This board is 90% angry old fat pervs who feel entitled to grope and complain about towel dropping.

by Anonymousreply 210January 8, 2023 3:52 PM

R208: You sound like a real prize.

by Anonymousreply 211January 8, 2023 3:56 PM

R191, as a brown dude, I agree with you. There is a problem with white privilege in America (obviously). But there are people who seem to have no lives outside of "white privilege" and they seem to think all their personal problems are due to that. They are usually just desperate for white dick.

by Anonymousreply 212January 8, 2023 4:18 PM

Women are more misogynistic than men.

by Anonymousreply 213January 8, 2023 4:19 PM

[quote] I don't hate Muslims, but I don't like most aspects of their culture and I find Muslim countries the least attractive places on earth.

I posted something earlier about how 55% of American Evangelicals feel that the scriptures should be taken literally versus only 26% of Catholics and 22% of Orthodox Christians. The only group that had a percentage close to Evangelicals were Muslims at 44%. And that's in America. It's going to be much, much higher in other countries.

by Anonymousreply 214January 8, 2023 4:20 PM

The main problem with religion are Fundamentalists. If we could remove them and end tax-shields for churches, we would be much healthier. Churches have zero accountability for their community works, they are no standards at all. So a church pays zero taxes, but could do literally *nothing* for the community, and they’ve broken no laws or rules. Now that is some serious bullshit.

I just had an idea. Why don’t Dems go after this? They should straight up start attacking the tax-exemption status with no oversight. Parrot the Republicans talking points about oversight right now, but make it about churches.

by Anonymousreply 215January 8, 2023 4:32 PM

Homeless people should not be seen as 'rational' and making their own decisions. The lack of sleep, hygiene, insufficient food, stress and for many, drug use, has altered their brains. They should not be seen as capable to make their own decisions and they just need a bit of help.

No - they need to be taken into rehab and away from the streets where other negative people and influences keep them in that situation. There is no way on Earth that they are thinking clearly.

We should not have to deal with this public display. They have broken their contract with society and need to be removed temporarily in order to be somewhat a productive citizen.

by Anonymousreply 216January 8, 2023 4:33 PM

You say godless and liberal like they are bad things R175.

by Anonymousreply 217January 8, 2023 4:36 PM

R215 - because every Dem knows that most of America are pseudo-religious and if you attack churches, you will lose - big time.

But I foresee a sea change happening in about 15-20 years as Boomers die off and Millennials finally get some power and start voting in the numbers to make a difference. Only half of Millennials voted in 2020. Compared to 70-80% of Boomers.

by Anonymousreply 218January 8, 2023 4:36 PM

Roughly 90% of women in corporate environments are useless cunts.

by Anonymousreply 219January 8, 2023 4:44 PM

Women need a reason to have sex men just need a place.

by Anonymousreply 220January 8, 2023 4:45 PM

R186 Reminder: This thread is restricted to amateur bores.

by Anonymousreply 221January 8, 2023 4:50 PM

R218, I think the tides are changing big time. A rational adult can easily make a case on changing the tax exemption status of churches who are a certain size congregation and budget, so maybe the tiniest churches have less accountability, but that changes based on size, but ALL of them have some level of accountability.

by Anonymousreply 222January 8, 2023 5:00 PM

R222 - and that's where you lose. "Rational" isn't a working word in politics anymore. Republicans are about theater and fear.

We're in a post-truth world. Republicans would turn this into an argument about "Government is in your CHURCH! If you support anything that's not on the left agenda, they're going to track you and punish you!"

They've been allowed to make these claims about healthcare for all, gay rights, marijuana, abortion - the list goes on and on. And the media allows them to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 223January 8, 2023 5:09 PM

Racism and hypocrisy are baked in American DNA.

by Anonymousreply 224January 8, 2023 5:11 PM

R224 - name a country where it isn't. Literally every country around the world has a racism/'other' problem. And hypocrisy is human nature.

by Anonymousreply 225January 8, 2023 5:21 PM

Agreed, R225; but other countries don't have a foundational document declaring "all men are created equal".

by Anonymousreply 226January 8, 2023 5:25 PM

R226 - well, France's motto - which is everywhere - is Liberty, Equality and Fraternity. Pretty similar sentiment. The French enlightenment heavily dictated the American independence and our Constitution. Plus, all democracies are based on the idea of equal rights and representation.

And we had to amend that foundational document many times to include rights for former slaves, women, to abolish poll taxes, etc.

We're not that unique. Granted - the US became a working template/model for other countries.

by Anonymousreply 227January 8, 2023 5:48 PM

Most people are evil

by Anonymousreply 228January 8, 2023 5:54 PM

I'm tired of everyone acting like 'social anxiety' is an acceptable and fixed issue. No, 90% of the time, it's young people who are growing into adulthood and are fumbling their way through and don't know how to do something or have never done it before on their own.

It's called growing up. And by your 30's, you know what you're fucking doing and the anxiety goes down considerably.

There's a SMALL percentage of people with major anxiety issues - that I will grant. But this coddling of 'anxiety' is just making people into adult babies and weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 229January 8, 2023 5:56 PM

Agree r229 people used to have to push their way through those feelings and in that overdone them. You’re really denying yourself growth and happiness if you don’t do that.

by Anonymousreply 230January 8, 2023 5:58 PM

Overcome I mean. I was suicidal in my mid twenties and felt like I’d never have a place in the world. If I had just given up and gone on disability who knows where I’d be.

by Anonymousreply 231January 8, 2023 5:59 PM

R228 - No, most people are not evil. If you truly feel that way, it must be a lonely place to be in.

However, I do believe that to some extent it is what the media, politicians, churches, and others want you to believe. They want you to suspect that your quiet neighbor is a serial killer, a sex offender, or a drug-addicted lunatic. I don't claim to know why this is happening, but I think it sucks and makes life that much worse for all of us when more people start to believe that your statement is true.

by Anonymousreply 232January 8, 2023 6:11 PM

It's long overdue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 8, 2023 6:57 PM

[quote]people used to have to push their way through those feelings and in that overdone them.

And drinking and smoking were once acceptable ways to help push your way through. But we can't do that anymore without getting screamed at from all directions.

by Anonymousreply 234January 8, 2023 7:07 PM

R234, I think there's too much emphasis on living a long time and being obsessed with health, and not enough on being happy and enjoying life. I don't mean that people should deliberately wreck their health with too much smoking and drinking and eating, but what's the point of living if you're not enjoying life? And, for some people, the little pleasures are all they have - especially old people. When you're 70 or over, it's better to enjoy "unhealthy" things in moderation than to deny yourself and lead a longer but joyless life.

I think most physicians and public health experts - upper-middle-class heterosexuals with absorbing careers and, usually, children and grandchildren - have no idea how empty the lives of many old people would be without the little sensual pleasures of life.

by Anonymousreply 235January 8, 2023 7:24 PM

I think straight people should get married and have children (in that order). I think that's their most important function, and their abandonment of this model is the cause of many of Western society's biggest problems.

Gay and lesbian people are exempt from that burden, which used to be one of the great things about being gay.

Speaking of children, I also think children are better off when their mothers stay home with them for at least first 8 years or so of their lives. This requires an intact two-parent household, which are the best places overall for a child to grow up. There are individual exceptions of course; I'm talking about the general rule, not every single household.

by Anonymousreply 236January 8, 2023 7:34 PM

It also implies a high enough wage for enough fathers to make that a reality and not just some hectoring bullshit r236. We should move toward that at least, and hope that couples then make the choice to live on one income. I suspect many would. The idea that every woman is just dying to be a cubefrau is probably false.

by Anonymousreply 237January 8, 2023 7:57 PM

I couldn't agree more, R237. Economic changes that have made it more difficult for middle-class families to live on a single income are one of the greatest tragedies and crimes of the last 50 years - one that you won't hear "respectable" news sources talk about much because of the implication that mothers moving into the workforce en masse is anything less than a brilliant triumph and the greatest advance in the history of civilization.

by Anonymousreply 238January 8, 2023 8:06 PM

r235 I agree with you 100%. And frankly, I think genetics play the biggest role, rather than good habits vs. bad habits when it comes to longevity.

by Anonymousreply 239January 8, 2023 8:10 PM

Well, that may be part of it r238, but also there is great reluctance to talk about income inequality at all. Conservatives love to trumpet some 1950s ideal, but they absolutely hate the economic structures, especially massive unionization, that made that ideal possible, at least for many white people.

And above all, this whole ideal needs to be voluntary. There are women that want to work, and that should never be seen as some big trauma that society has to "deal with." But I suspect there are even more that would be perfectly happy staying home to raise young kids, especially preschool kids, and would like that option if that were possible.

by Anonymousreply 240January 8, 2023 8:11 PM

I agree R240, but it was voluntary in the '50s, too. No one forced mothers of young children to stay home. It was simply the social expectation, just as today it is the social expectation that they will work. There were working mothers - I mean married women with careers, not single mothers - back then, too, just as there are SAHMs today.

While these things should never be enforced by law, either way, there will always be social conventions and expectations. The question is what behavior do those expectations encourage and which do they discourage.

Yes, the economic foundation of a single-income family has to be restored, but that's a different - linked, but different - problem. I'm all for unions, but I don't think discussion of unions - which lots of lefties openly support - is as taboo as discussion of women's role in society.

by Anonymousreply 241January 8, 2023 8:29 PM

[quote]I think most physicians and public health experts - upper-middle-class heterosexuals with absorbing careers and, usually, children and grandchildren - have no idea how empty the lives of many old people would be without the little sensual pleasures of life.

My doctor wants me to eat steamed chicken and broccoli every night for the rest of my life so he can keep me on as a patient 3 or 4 times a year and prescribe, prescribe, prescribe. I can't count the times he's said to me "You'd be surprised how little the human body needs to eat in order to survive." Meanwhile, he gets pudgier every time I see him.

We exist as little more than part of the profit center of the medical-pharmaceutical complex.

by Anonymousreply 242January 8, 2023 8:31 PM

Well not so sure about that "voluntary" thing, really r241. Not sure Betty Friedan agreed. Social conventions can be infinitely more oppressive than actual laws. They often are the real problem when it comes to actual freedom, and not just fantasy freedom. Actual choices of truly surviving on a single income could change that dynamic, however.

[quote]I'm all for unions, but I don't think discussion of unions - which lots of lefties openly support - is as taboo as discussion of women's role in society.

True, but it's up to righties to start openly supporting them if they actually want to translate their single income family ideal into a reality, and not just some fantasy of everybody "making do" with poverty.

by Anonymousreply 243January 8, 2023 8:38 PM

Female politicians are useless cunts.

by Anonymousreply 244January 8, 2023 9:50 PM

R243, I know what you mean, but we're never really free. Any society of more than one person will have expectations and conventions. There are studies that show women report subjectively lower levels of happiness than back when they were moderately* oppressed 50 years ago. An article about one such study is linked below.

A society with total individual freedom is nothing but chaos and anarchy. Also, it's a fallacy that, given a choice, everyone would prefer freedom to security and stability. Is it better to be a happy slave or a miserable free man or woman?

OK, that's wandering pretty far afield ... I just mean that, while no individual should be stopped from progressing because of their sex, in a society of humans, sex roles will develop because men and women are different, and people being people, those roles will tend to be enforced by expectations.

*I say "moderately" because women in 1970 were free to vote with no impediments; were free to live independently; could and did work in large numbers; and had careers (in which their advancement was often hampered by sexism). There were many prominent women who thrived in careers outside entertainment, although they faced barriers not faced by men. Heterosexual women could marry whom they chose or not marry at all. They were also not overtly oppressed just for being women, since pretty much everyone agreed that women were important in society. (I mean that in contract to homosexuals, for example.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 8, 2023 10:17 PM

^^^ in CONSTRAST to homosexuals

by Anonymousreply 246January 8, 2023 10:20 PM

an obvious response to your stupid diatribe about how women belong in the home. In the 1970s you had women seeing opportunities for the first time and change for women. New opportunities means hope.

But you also had women raised to keep quiet and to say that they are happy no matter what. I would say most people are actually less happy today than 50 years ago.

Also, women are not breeding machines - just like all men are not studs on a farm. Thank God some men don't breed, because those who do have a piss poor record.

by Anonymousreply 247January 9, 2023 5:39 AM

Karens suck, but so do the customer service people who act rude for no reason. I always keep it positive and concise, but some of them don't even make eye contact.

by Anonymousreply 248January 9, 2023 5:52 AM

r242 spot on!

One of my docs jokingly even said, "We want you to live a long time so you keep coming back to us." Cha-ching$$$$$

Healthcare, nowadays, is all about quick turnover between patients and writing RX.

by Anonymousreply 249January 9, 2023 10:25 AM

It's long overdue

It was nothing more than another Biden charade

by Anonymousreply 250January 9, 2023 11:38 AM

Oh fuck your self r250. Are you even a gay man, hmmm? Where do you live?

by Anonymousreply 251January 9, 2023 3:31 PM

[quote]Nonbinary people are just gays and lesbians.

They're attention starved straight people.

by Anonymousreply 252January 9, 2023 3:45 PM

What's 'long overdue' and a 'Biden charade'?

by Anonymousreply 253January 9, 2023 5:18 PM

Taking a good, healthy dump is one of life's underrated pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 254January 9, 2023 5:46 PM

Thank you for generally keeping that to yourself r254.

by Anonymousreply 255January 9, 2023 6:00 PM

Politicians don't care about you, and neither does the government. This doesn't magically change when one party takes over for another.

Politicians, like doctors, couldn't make a living if they actually solved problems. Prolonging them or intensifying them: That's the way to a lifelong sinecure.

by Anonymousreply 256January 9, 2023 7:44 PM

This. We need to teach people that we’ve got to STOP waiting for leaders to take action. They won’t. It’s not in their self-interest. We need to steamroll right over them. This is true if both government and corporate “leaders”. Fuck them all.

by Anonymousreply 257January 9, 2023 7:57 PM

Kamala Harris, Sam Brinton and Pete Butthead prove that hiring someone based on race, gender, sexuality . . . is a mistake

by Anonymousreply 258January 9, 2023 9:41 PM

Cancel culture's initial intentions were noble: holding powerful individuals and organizations accountable for their actions. Now it applies to everything that bothers you. It's been misdirected and misused.

by Anonymousreply 259January 9, 2023 9:56 PM

[Quote]What's 'long overdue' and a 'Biden charade'?

Joe's first visit to the border I assume

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 10, 2023 12:45 AM

Hunter Biden's dick is average

by Anonymousreply 261January 10, 2023 5:29 AM

I think a lot of student disability accommodations (extra time on tests, extra time on assignments) are used strategically to get ahead academically, rather than used to compensate for any underlying disability.

by Anonymousreply 262January 10, 2023 12:29 PM

Link to the average dick R261 speaks of:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263January 10, 2023 12:53 PM

I wouldn't say r263 is particularly average

by Anonymousreply 264January 10, 2023 1:04 PM

Gays who think the government gives away free stuff, makes me want to kick the shit out of them. They are usually uneducated white racists who thought that white privilege would be their ticket to easy street, or well-to-do white racists that hate paying taxes. Fuck them all.

by Anonymousreply 265January 10, 2023 1:10 PM

The lockdowns and general fear-mongering that governments world-wide enacted in response to Covid have broken society in ways we won't truly understand for decades.

Close to home, I noticed that the pandemic response made people's latent neuroticism blossom into straight-out nuttiness. This is true of people of every political persuasion.

Someday this will be looked on as a season of madness, like witch-burnings or the children's crusade.

by Anonymousreply 266January 10, 2023 1:38 PM

[quote] Someday this will be looked on as a season of madness, like witch-burnings or the children's crusade.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 267January 10, 2023 1:44 PM

R264 it's no 2-hander

by Anonymousreply 268January 10, 2023 2:55 PM

Religion is the root of all evil.

by Anonymousreply 269January 10, 2023 3:53 PM

Historians will indeed study this time, but they won't draw the same conclusions as R266.

by Anonymousreply 270January 10, 2023 5:29 PM

What will they say r270?

by Anonymousreply 271January 10, 2023 5:36 PM

That covid exposed all of the weakness in our systems, R271, such as healthcare for profit and unchecked capitalism, that the pandemic and especially the response to it was politicized by opportunists and other bad actors to undermine democracy, and that the ultra wealthy were the only ones to benefit during this time.

But sure, let's blame regular people for having entirely justified mental health difficulties from living through a traumatic dystopian hellscape. R266 can fuck right off with that RWNJ propaganda.

This is NOT a truth I keep to myself because I'm not some spineless troll who only slithers out online to speak my mind.

by Anonymousreply 272January 10, 2023 5:42 PM

I didn't see where he was blaming anyone for their mental health during COVID. He was blaming governments.

by Anonymousreply 273January 10, 2023 5:49 PM

R272, r270, your posts are excellent and I agree with them. It’s almost painful to read what you wrote, to read in the cold light of day what we all went through (and are still in!!!). The People were abused, mistreated, and neglected. Across the globe, but most glaringly, right here in America. I fear we have already lost the war, though I’ll never stop fighting.

by Anonymousreply 274January 10, 2023 6:05 PM

Keep fighting, R274. I'm right out there fighting with you. We will win someday because there are more of us than them.

by Anonymousreply 275January 10, 2023 6:07 PM

R275! You are a sweet hero, I appreciate the encouragement, we all need to lift each other up through this. I will keep up the fight with you! I have a fantasy that we are in the darkest hours right now, but that is leading to a new era of peace and unity. I believe we can get there, but it is going to be a fight to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 276January 10, 2023 6:23 PM

Geez. Get a room!

by Anonymousreply 277January 10, 2023 6:26 PM

Religion is NOT the root of all evil. People naively believe that there would be peace on earth if all organized religion disappeared. Come on; even if all religions disappeared tomorrow, humans would find something else to kill each other over.

by Anonymousreply 278January 10, 2023 6:31 PM

That is so true r278. But you still haven’t convinced us that Fundamentalism is not a problem.

by Anonymousreply 279January 10, 2023 6:33 PM

The idea that our own opinions, beliefs, insecurities, belongings and/or appetites are more important than the well-being of other people is the root of all evil. (Of course I am quite happy to express that simple truth IRL)

by Anonymousreply 280January 10, 2023 6:42 PM

R279, huh? I never said it wasn't a problem. In fact, I argue it is a huge one in America. And other parts of the world, of course.

by Anonymousreply 281January 10, 2023 6:44 PM

Anyone who lives in communist countries can attest to the idea that religion is not the root of all evil.

by Anonymousreply 282January 10, 2023 6:55 PM

R282, probably so, but maybe whatever “religion” is would look different if it had modern reference points? If you were in China, reading what the CCP says it does regarding the Uighur minority population, you’d have no reason to think anything was amiss, because it’s all positive: greater access to education & high wage jobs, freedom of religion with the only restrictions being placed on terrorist extremism. If you say, yes, you can see abuses really are happening, it’s true- that you can see totalitarianism happening there, that you’ve seen footage that people are being mistreated, then the force of the “religion” of belief is broken.

I don’t trust the CCP, but I also don’t trust people who compare the CCP to Hitler and talk about an inevitable war with China vs Taiwan. A war with Taiwan would destroy Taiwan because of its very small size relative to China, and would probably place broad sections of Asia under danger of loss of life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 10, 2023 7:22 PM

99.9% of people are self absorbed neurotic bores not worth a nanosecond of your time.

by Anonymousreply 284January 10, 2023 7:47 PM

When your 350 pound dining companion starts saying that they can't eat this, that or the other from the menu:

I want to say: seriously? It looks like you can eat just about any damn thing. But I don't, and inwardly roll my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 285January 10, 2023 8:59 PM

Difference without distinction: Fat Fraus & Fat Kweens.

by Anonymousreply 286January 10, 2023 9:39 PM

More like fraus and kweens. They don't even have to be fat.

by Anonymousreply 287January 10, 2023 9:42 PM

The “gender revolution” has been a miserable failure that has done nothing to make anyone’s life better. All it has done is made everyone more stupid, or just afraid to speak out against the insanity. Here’s the cold hard truth: very few people really believe that a man who takes hormones to transition is really a woman, or that someone who declares themselves nonbinary is neither man nor woman. What people do believe, however, is that if they do speak out, they will be crucified.

by Anonymousreply 288January 10, 2023 10:26 PM

^ People who are obsessed with .06% of the human population have an agenda or are bloody nuts.

by Anonymousreply 289January 10, 2023 10:44 PM

People who are .06% of the population yet eat up 90% of the attention and funding for LGBT causes, you mean R289.

by Anonymousreply 290January 10, 2023 11:15 PM

[quote]People naively believe that there would be peace on earth if all organized religion disappeared.

That's not at all what I said and what I've written here (not this thread, others) about the evil foundation of religion(s). And interesting that you qualified it with "organized". While I can't disagree that humans would find something else to kill each other over, it's ironic that you referenced "peace on earth" as though that's not what organized religion — at least Christianity — promotes as a core tenet.

I guess we should just be happy that religion is [italic]the devil you know[/italic] .

by Anonymousreply 291January 11, 2023 2:37 AM

Just crucify me when R291 is done droning.

by Anonymousreply 292January 11, 2023 2:55 AM

R290 4Chan Fairy.

by Anonymousreply 293January 11, 2023 2:59 AM

Oh noes! A "you're a right wing troll!" insult! Yawn R293.

by Anonymousreply 294January 11, 2023 3:19 AM

We live in a victim of circumstances mentality and culture.

by Anonymousreply 295January 11, 2023 4:25 AM

We cater to the wrong people Immigrants don't want a better life they just want to pull the same shit here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 11, 2023 6:09 AM

Some workers at a hotel for migrants in Midtown Manhattan tell Eyewitness News they feel unsafe at the hotel due to migrants cooking in the rooms and what they said is a lack of oversight of migrants who are supposed to be isolating for infectious diseases.

First, they turn their country into shit and then come here to start all over again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 11, 2023 6:12 AM

Right Wing Lounge

by Anonymousreply 298January 11, 2023 9:43 AM

Angela Klansbury’s in the house at R297.

by Anonymousreply 299January 11, 2023 5:54 PM

Modern Feminism is not about women's rights. It's simply about hating men and wanting get over on them not be equal to. Even women who grow up with their fathers present somehow end up hating men it's amazing. Additionally I don't think America will have a female president until well into the 21 century. The sad truth is this country doesn't trust woman in leadership roles. There's no other explanation as to why a bloated loudmouth misogynist racist with no previous political experience can defeat a candidate whom admittedly was controversial in her own right, for no other reason than most of this country is not ready for a female leader. At least not yet.

by Anonymousreply 300January 11, 2023 6:06 PM

[quote]It's simply about hating men and[bold] wanting get over on them not be equal to.[/bold]

A troll says WHAT?!?

by Anonymousreply 301January 11, 2023 6:09 PM

School Districts in Texas paying High School football coaches upwards of $4 million per year is a national disgrace. (and it is very, very hard to explain to my European friends)

by Anonymousreply 302January 11, 2023 6:11 PM

Not a troll but a MAN who says exactly what he thinks and feels. Do you have a fucking problem R301? I responded to the thread just as OP asked with MY OPINION.

by Anonymousreply 303January 11, 2023 6:12 PM

R302 Southern states are retarded. And when you are retarded and have no depth or substance, it’s all about sports.

by Anonymousreply 304January 11, 2023 6:13 PM

r304 bingo

by Anonymousreply 305January 11, 2023 6:16 PM

R300/R303, what's your first language? It's not English. The syntax of your reply at R300 is mangled beyond comprehension. You're a moron for not realizing it before your stupid meltdown at R303. And yes, hon, you ARE a troll.

by Anonymousreply 306January 11, 2023 6:24 PM

Orgy scenes in porn are unwatchable and not erotic. More like chaotic

by Anonymousreply 307January 11, 2023 6:30 PM

Not everyone who has a different opinion than you is a “troll.“ Yes, of course some are. But some people just have differing opinions. Not everyone believes that Democrats get it right every single time. Not everyone believes that there are really 655 genders. Not everyone believes that gay and trans are the same thing. And not everyone believes that some basic, boring-ass destination like Hawaii is the greatest vacation spot ever. Deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 308January 11, 2023 6:44 PM

Go reinsert your tampon R306 I don't give a fuck what you're laughing at but a hit BITCH will holler.

by Anonymousreply 309January 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Ugly cunt R306

by Anonymousreply 310January 11, 2023 6:52 PM

r309 = r310 = misogynist trash = blocked

by Anonymousreply 311January 11, 2023 6:53 PM

Now the troll is having ANOTHER meltdown^^

by Anonymousreply 312January 11, 2023 6:55 PM

^while the BITCH R312 keeps hollering. Women are still inferior dear. Go find that tampon.

by Anonymousreply 313January 11, 2023 7:07 PM

Can Muriel redtag r313 while she's cleaning house?

by Anonymousreply 314January 11, 2023 7:19 PM

Clean your own backyard R314. It would much simpler if you would just stop fanning the flames and go on about your you won't change me and I'm not interested in you.

by Anonymousreply 315January 11, 2023 7:22 PM

I can’t read r313

by Anonymousreply 316January 11, 2023 7:45 PM

Here R316, R314, and R311 let me be of some help since you're having trouble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 11, 2023 7:50 PM

and not everybody who disagrees with you R299 is a Boris, Nazi, Repig, tRUMPER or Angela Klansbury or whatever term is favored by over-reactive, basement dwelling INCELs

by Anonymousreply 318January 11, 2023 8:15 PM

UGH...nursery school must have just let out.

by Anonymousreply 319January 11, 2023 8:38 PM

[Quote]I'm Indian, my hygiene is impeccable. Cleanest asshole west of the Ganges.

whatever you say R319

by Anonymousreply 320January 11, 2023 8:51 PM

R320 it intrigued you enough to research my other posts. I think I'm flattered.

by Anonymousreply 321January 11, 2023 8:56 PM

The Antifeminists are all about keeping women as "Others" in order to prevent equality.

by Anonymousreply 322January 11, 2023 9:21 PM

R300: Misogyny is embedded in America. People prefer men to be in charge. People hate when women are in authoritative, leadership positions because powerful women remind them of their mean mommies. Even voters who vote for a female candidate say for governor, they do it very reluctantly whether that female candidate is republican or democrat. A lot of female candidates are seen as too emotional and don't get anything done.

by Anonymousreply 323January 11, 2023 9:43 PM

I agree R323. I was simply stating that this is a sexist country who doesn't trust women on power when the triggered fraus in here wanted to argue for the sake of being argumentive. Oh well, OP asked for some truths and I stated my piece.

by Anonymousreply 324January 11, 2023 9:51 PM

R 121 You shouldn't be too flattered as all I had to do was put you on ignore and any number of your posts showed up. And in doing my 'research' I was intrigued by you shifting ethnic diversity

[Quote]I'm Indian, my hygiene is impeccable. Cleanest asshole west of the Ganges.

[Quote] I'm the one Italian-American in the group who is expected to be an expert on menu choices and pronunciation every time we go to an Italian restaurant. "Da fuck? The last member of my family that spoke Italian is long gone."

by Anonymousreply 325January 11, 2023 10:00 PM

^^^^^^^^^ PREACH ^^^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 326January 11, 2023 10:01 PM

(^.^) UGH...nursery school must have just let out.

by Anonymousreply 327January 11, 2023 10:11 PM

R321 you shouldn't be too flattered as all I had to do was put you on ignore and any number of your posts showed up. And in doing my 'research' I was intrigued by you shifting ethnic diversity R321 is George Santos with a very diverse background

[Quote]I'm the one Italian-American in the group whos expected to be an expert on menu choices and pronunciation every time we go to an Italian restaurant. "Da fuck? The last member of my family that spoke Italian is long gone." —Anonymous

by Anonymousreply 328January 11, 2023 10:19 PM

Many DLers lie to strengthen their credibility/argument.

SAMPLE: I have an aunt who worked as a hairdresser to (fill in the name) and she told me . . .

by Anonymousreply 329January 11, 2023 10:30 PM

Well the trolls are definitely out again.

by Anonymousreply 330January 11, 2023 11:24 PM

[quote]I was simply stating that this is a sexist country who doesn't trust women on power when the triggered fraus in here wanted to argue for the sake of being argumentive.

R324, you were MOCKED for your unintelligible post at R300. Stop deflecting, idiot. And with phrasing like "a sexist country [bold]who[/bold] doesn't trust women [bold]on[/bold] power" you still sound like a drunk Russian troll on an epic bender.

Meanwhile you're conflating the posts of at least 3 different people in your rants. Jesus Christ you are fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 331January 11, 2023 11:30 PM

[Quote]Well the trolls are definitely out again.

This is DL R330 Did they ever go away?

by Anonymousreply 332January 11, 2023 11:39 PM

Whats wrong R331? LMAO Earlier you were laughing at my "meltdown" now whose melting down you puss dripping slut. Anyways a link for you to deal with that heavy flow from your putrid vagina and potty mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 11, 2023 11:40 PM

I'm amazed it took 300 posts for this thread to become a bitchfest.

It was an interesting discussion while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 334January 12, 2023 12:08 AM

Human beings are inherently selfish. Nobody really cares about any social issues. People will conveniently care when if affects them but otherwise it's all posturing. Even the so-called "SJWs" are simply doing it for their own egos.

by Anonymousreply 335January 12, 2023 12:13 AM

I agree, R335. The so-called woke or "SJWs" - that is, cultural progressives - are just the latest version of religious mania that periodically sweeps America and answers some need deep in our collective national soul. I'm not sure what the need is, or why religious zealotry finds such fertile ground in America, but I'm sure the core reason has nothing to do with saving the planet or adoration of "people of color" but is rather entirely selfish.

by Anonymousreply 336January 12, 2023 12:18 AM

People who say “nobody cares about…” are sociopaths incapable of understanding that other people experience emotions that they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 337January 12, 2023 12:24 AM

Most people who genuinely suffer from mental health issues don't talk about it. Those who do are mostly lying or attention seeking.

by Anonymousreply 338January 12, 2023 3:46 AM

I highly doubt anyone sees Hilary or Nancy Pelosi as "too emotional" for the job. They are hated for other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 339January 12, 2023 3:57 AM

Such as….? Go ahead please, we want the examples.

by Anonymousreply 340January 12, 2023 4:00 AM

I don't know. But nothing about those women seems over emotional nor have I heard anyone complain about them (for that reason). I've heard people say they don't find Hilary trustworthy or they find Nancy's wealthy lifestyle hypocritical. Not emotional though.

In fact, I think Americans prefer women who are, it's some kind of patronizing paternal thing towards them.

by Anonymousreply 341January 12, 2023 4:05 AM

If they are so worried about climate change why are they not worried about all the illegals trashing the desert on their way in. Also, why are we buying products from China, the dirtiest country on earth.

by Anonymousreply 342January 12, 2023 4:16 AM

The elephant in tbe room for me is that the impending climate crisis is going to take our already growing income gap and blow it up even wider, and I don't trust that there are enough people that realize that the hyper-fetishized American wonderland of '50s suburbia they want to bring back was only attainable with a 90% top income tax rate..

by Anonymousreply 343January 12, 2023 5:02 AM

Mine = The Earth is fucked. We are destroying this planet. No population control. Flooding. Droughts. Famine. Pestilence. The rich have rigged the system where even Billionaires just keep getting richer and pay less. I really believe 85 percent of ALL of D.C. is on the take. Companies disguised as "wealth management firms" are buying up thousands of houses which keeps the middle class from home ownership. Crazy Men in N. Korea and Russia are now in control of nuclear weapon arsenals and both are just insane enough to get rid of everyone when they realize their reigns are over. Gen Zers would surgically put a UBS port on their forehead if it would get them more likes and faster internet. We are just doomed.

by Anonymousreply 344January 12, 2023 8:11 AM

The earth is not fucked, it's inhabitants will extinct themselves.

by Anonymousreply 345January 12, 2023 9:11 AM

The Earth is fucked if Putin decides TODAY is his endgame. Especially if the stories about cancer are true. Do you think he is going to just willingly leave? Everyday he has to explain his fake war to his country.

by Anonymousreply 346January 12, 2023 9:30 AM

Putin can’t unilaterally launch nukes. The Soviets designed the system to require a three party launch to protect against a scenario such as the current one with Putin.

by Anonymousreply 347January 12, 2023 9:43 AM

[quote]living through a traumatic dystopian hellscape.

This definitely deserves a "Mary!!!"

by Anonymousreply 348January 12, 2023 12:05 PM

I don't believe we are fucked because of human pollution --though that certainly has its effects on our resources.

I think we are going through weather crises because we are in the midst of another ice age, one we've been due for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 349January 12, 2023 3:45 PM

I like the 1969 film Hello Dolly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350January 12, 2023 4:58 PM

I think college degrees are over rated.

by Anonymousreply 351January 12, 2023 5:08 PM

DL is going straight down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 352January 12, 2023 11:35 PM

Wall Street, investment firms, wealth management — whatever you want to call it/them — should be barred from owning residential real estate.

by Anonymousreply 353January 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Tips for anything less than focused, extended service are a shakedown. Handing something across the counter and expecting a tip, for example, is pure grifting.

by Anonymousreply 354January 13, 2023 2:53 PM

R351, it depends on how you measure the rating.

If you mean that many degrees provided little value-added in the way skills or knowledge, I agree. If you mean that way too many jobs requires degrees when apprenticeship and experience would actually be much more useful to both employee and employer, I agree and I love you.

But if you think degrees are overrated in terms of job searches, I disagree. It shouldn't be so, but many jobs require unnecessary degrees and not having one will cut you out of many opportunities. I don't blame employers. They use a college degree as a sort of gatekeeper, as a proxy for the intelligence and skills tests they're no longer allowed to administer.

by Anonymousreply 355January 13, 2023 10:55 PM

R354, ifI smelling a barista or a sandwich maker how to make a custom order, I tip.

by Anonymousreply 356January 13, 2023 10:58 PM

Ugh, telling.^^^

IfI were smelling them I would tip more.

by Anonymousreply 357January 13, 2023 10:59 PM

Wrong R351. When you go to college, and grad school, you learn something you wouldn’t have otherwise learned. More education can never hurt. You also elevate yourself as a person.

by Anonymousreply 358January 13, 2023 11:05 PM

I tip generously - not ridiculously, but generously - in any sandwich shop or pizza place I regularly visit because I'd rather the people who make my food think well of me. I'm not so much worried about the proverbial spitting or worse in the food as I am about getting orders fast, made with some care and maybe with an extra bit of cheese or meat. Or, in my case, having the attendant know I don't like jalapenos but love roasted peppers on sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 359January 13, 2023 11:06 PM

All the girl power stuff is fake. Deep down women despise each other and view each other as competition.

by Anonymousreply 360January 14, 2023 3:44 AM

R360, that would only be true in a completely disempowered world where a woman’s entire self-worth depends on finding a man. Anyone who has hobbies and goals has the same attitudes towards other women as men have towards other men.

by Anonymousreply 361January 14, 2023 9:31 PM

R360 That is absolutely true in the corporate world. I used to work for a company that sells a very popular tax software. Welcome to Cuntsburg.

by Anonymousreply 362January 14, 2023 9:37 PM

[quote]Anyone who has hobbies and goals has the same attitudes towards other women as men have towards other men.

Men don't despite each other, but they do view each other as competition. Some men are more open and/or ruthless about it, but it's pretty much baked into our sex to see other men as competition because, early in our evolution, that's what other males were.

by Anonymousreply 363January 15, 2023 12:45 AM

Men have a code. It's not there for nothing. Don't talk shite against other men. The men's code book. Cherish it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364January 15, 2023 1:14 AM

Men are some of the nastiest and biggest bitches around, especially towards women (no-one on DL will likely be surprised by that but it applies to straight men too - my very straight father is one of them).

by Anonymousreply 365January 15, 2023 1:16 AM

Men absolutely talk shit about other men, they just won't talk shit about their close friends (unless it's a joke). Women talk shit about everyone.

by Anonymousreply 366January 15, 2023 1:18 AM

My truth? Pete Buttigieg is a complete failure. He just is. His biggest accomplishment in South Bend was white status quo politics. His tenure as a cabinet member is dismal. He only got the job because he is gay. As a gay man I am humiliated by him. If you look up "ribbon cutting" and "MAYOR Buttigieg" that is what he did in South Bend. A LOT. And now I see him traveling all over the country cutting ribbons. He doesn't know how to do his transportation job. I feel like I am the only gay man who has ever looked at his record. That is all. I have had sufficient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367January 15, 2023 8:20 AM

Wow, your projection of personal failures is monumental. Get thee to a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 368January 15, 2023 9:40 AM

We get it R367, you’re jumping on the woke “privileged cis white men are evil” bandwagon. You’re tired, you’re boring. Say what you want. If it weren’t for cis white men you’d be living in a country that resembles the Philippines or Uganda, so shut up already.

by Anonymousreply 369January 15, 2023 10:14 AM

^anyone who uses 'cis' is a retard R369 you fall in that category

by Anonymousreply 370January 15, 2023 10:44 AM

No r370, r369 put it in sarcasm quotes you miserable misinforming cunt.

by Anonymousreply 371January 15, 2023 11:26 AM

I hadn’t realized just how depressingly right wing DL has become until reading this thread.

by Anonymousreply 372January 15, 2023 4:07 PM

Right r372? What freaks me out is they act like this is how it’s always been here. It fucking has NOT! It is completely bizarre and it’s why we’ve lost so many countless posters who were either real insiders, encyclopedias of knowledge, or just wonderful creatives.

by Anonymousreply 373January 15, 2023 4:11 PM

R373, I think I am in love with you.

by Anonymousreply 374January 15, 2023 4:14 PM

The whole body positivity movement and "everyone is beautiful" has actually increased depression and anxiety among young women who are ugly because they know firsthand that being ugly is a huge detriment to happiness and now instead of sympathy they get useless platitudes.

The most empowering trait a straight woman can possess is beauty. No matter how kind, intelligent, warm, hardworking charismatic and loving she is, she will never inspire courtesy, decency, respect or commitment in a segment of society that values physical beauty (and holds many if not most powerful positions).

by Anonymousreply 375January 15, 2023 7:27 PM

R375 The most important position for a woman is on her back.

by Anonymousreply 376January 15, 2023 7:33 PM

[quote] The most important position for a woman is on her back.

On my back!?

by Anonymousreply 377January 16, 2023 4:11 PM

Aw shucks r374, you’re embarrassing me now. 😊

by Anonymousreply 378January 16, 2023 4:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!