Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry Reveals What He Misses Most About Life In 'The Institution'

Prince Harry revealed what he missed most about life within “the institution” in the last episode of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Netflix docuseries, called “Harry & Meghan.”

“I miss the weird family gatherings when we’re all sort of brought together under one roof for, you know, certain times of the year. That I miss,” he said. “You know, being part of the institution meant that I was in the U.K. ― so I miss the U.K., I miss my friends.”

The duke added that amid he and Meghan Markle’s decision to step back and move to California, he’d “lost a few friends in this process as well.”

He also explained that he made the move to Montecito in Santa Barbara “because I was changed.”

“I changed to the point that I’d outgrown my environment. Therefore, this was the most obvious place to come,” he said, adding that it was also a location where his late mother, Princess Diana, “was probably gonna end up living, potentially.”

“There’s times when I’ve been angry, but I can’t be that angry because I genuinely feel that I ― and we ― are exactly where we’re supposed to be,” he said. “We’ve made it to the other side.”

A shot of Prince Harry from the Netflix docuseries, "Harry & Meghan."

Harry’s revelations are set to continue, as the Duke of Sussex’s highly-anticipated memoir, titled “Spare,” will come out on Jan. 10.

“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think,” the royal said in a press release announcing his new book, adding that he was “excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 4, 2023 8:12 PM

The world is in a mess, no one cares about these two whining bitches, go away.

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2022 11:05 PM

Ha ha. I love the wording "I was changed." In his case, far more accurate than "I changed"

Neither one of them has a clue who they really are (unstable sense of self) - calling Dr Freud...

by Anonymousreply 2December 28, 2022 11:13 PM

Harry!!! What is this "changed" shit? I told you to say "Meghan RESCUED me." We even rehearsed it over and over. You're sleeping with the chickens tonight.

by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2022 11:18 PM

[quote]a location where his late mother, Princess Diana, “was probably gonna wind up living, potentially”.

Huh? That’s news to me.

by Anonymousreply 4December 28, 2022 11:25 PM

Diana loved the fuss made over her when she visited the US, but move there? Come on, such a move would have had to wait until Harry was 18, and after that how would she have worked in keeping as close to her offspring as possible? They both took gap years but obviously William needed to go to university in the UK and then stay there as much as possible. He did travel, but mainly for reasons related to the crown.

Harry is a child when it comes to reasoning and emotions.

by Anonymousreply 5December 28, 2022 11:37 PM

One of the truly despicable things is how they use Diana to justify their agenda - this speculation about her living in California being a low point. They should shut up and go away for some time, but clearly that is not in the cards. The good thing is that it will turn against them. The world being what it is I expect two rich privileged people constantly whining about the British royal family, using the royal title and doing shit except for lame interviews will grow old quickly.

by Anonymousreply 6December 28, 2022 11:37 PM

They are already a global laughingstock.

by Anonymousreply 7December 28, 2022 11:38 PM

Unbelievable that they got paid for six hours of whingeing and what was a very obvious attempt to re-brand. All the horrible things happening in the world today and they "shine a light" on Markle having to curtsey to a head of state and not getting hugged by W and C. Staggering.

by Anonymousreply 8December 28, 2022 11:41 PM

[quote] I miss the weird family gatherings when we’re all sort of brought together under one roof for, you know, certain times of the year.

Why would Christmas at Sandringham be a "weird family gathering"? Nice accommodations, every need catered to, you can bring a plus-one.

"Certain times of the year"? Why not just say Christmas or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 9December 29, 2022 12:12 AM

Is there a family gathering that isn't weird in some way?

by Anonymousreply 10December 29, 2022 12:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 29, 2022 1:04 AM

Basketball, smokes, three square and taking up the ass on Saturday night. Thankfully, he still getting the shaft from Megs.

by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2022 1:10 AM

He's exhausting. I love how he claims Diana would have ended up there.

[quote]“I miss the weird family gatherings when we’re all sort of brought together under one roof for, you know, certain times of the year.

You mean like holidays and big events for family members like weddings?

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2022 1:19 AM

r13, he's also referring to things like the Trooping of the Color, which is not technically a holiday but usually brings the whole BRF to Buckingham Palace, or things like the Jubilees.

by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2022 1:24 AM

"Certain times of the year" sounds like something his harridan came up with because saying Christmas, birthday, etc. would go against her painting the BRF as cold and unfeeling.

by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2022 1:43 AM

[quote] He also explained that he made the move to Montecito in Santa Barbara “because I was changed.”

[quote] “I changed to the point that I’d outgrown my environment.

I'm so glad he was able to escape being rich, playing polo, talking about his long dead mother, and complaining about the press in England to live a whole new life doing the exact same thing in California then.

by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2022 1:49 AM

"I was trapped, but I didn't know I was trapped" until Meghan told him so.

by Anonymousreply 17December 29, 2022 2:01 AM

What a dumb ass! He really is a pathetic whiny bore. And now that his Windsor genes are kicking in, he really isn't that attractive.

by Anonymousreply 18December 29, 2022 2:46 PM

r16 He outgrew his environment??! So he is changing his story again because they originally asked for half in half out-not something you would do if you outgrew your environment. That is something you do in part as a security blanket which is not consistent with outgrowing your environment.

by Anonymousreply 19December 30, 2022 12:32 AM

[quote]R18 What a dumb ass! He really is a pathetic whiny bore. And now that his Windsor genes are kicking in, he really isn't that attractive.

It’s really the opposite. He comes across as sexy, funny and focused in the documentary. He is SO appealing!!

I think he just grew to feel better suited to Americans and the more emotionally free life we have over here. That’s part of what attracted him to his American wife - the instinct to be warm and open… not rigid and emotionally strangled like the BRF. I mean really, who would want to be around his raging prisspot father Charles for very long unless they were expecting royal favors?

And as to where to raise his kids, there’s no question that the verdant, sweeping landscape of democratic California is a better environment and influence than anything trapped within those musty old palace walls in the UK. Come on!

I’m so glad Harry got out and has happiness, support, ease.

by Anonymousreply 20December 30, 2022 12:49 AM

This rancid dimwit sucker calls a lot of relatives getting together several times a year "the institution."

Most of us understand that that's what's called a "family," no matter how white they are.

by Anonymousreply 21December 30, 2022 1:08 AM

They really need to start tracking all their lies better because they can't keep any of their tales straight.

by Anonymousreply 22December 30, 2022 1:20 AM

Can't one of their assistants (I'm sure they have many) start a spreadsheet for what they've already said on certain topics? They're lucky that the international press hasn't ripped into them for their many failings and inconsistencies. Then there's all the character flaws so openly on display: conceit, narcissism, being up their own arses, etc. No article is as brutal as a comment from DL, DM, etc.

by Anonymousreply 23December 30, 2022 1:32 AM

R20 Thank you, Henrietta Stackpole!

by Anonymousreply 24December 30, 2022 1:59 AM

The mental institution?

by Anonymousreply 25December 30, 2022 2:06 AM

So glad I already had r20 on block. Obviously I'm missing nothing worth reading.

by Anonymousreply 26December 30, 2022 2:06 AM

I can only imagine how weird the family - or the institution, or the FIRM - gatherings/board meetings truly are.

by Anonymousreply 27December 30, 2022 2:17 AM

Can we start a Go Fund page to send their whiny asses back to England??

by Anonymousreply 28December 30, 2022 2:30 AM

[quote] “because I was changed.”

Yes the removal of his testicles must have made quite a difference in his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 30, 2022 3:08 AM

He's never been attractive to me r18.

by Anonymousreply 30December 30, 2022 5:30 AM

He "was changed"?

Couldn't it be said that he just "changed"?

by Anonymousreply 31December 30, 2022 6:55 AM

But he "was changed" by a certain woman who love-bombed him

by Anonymousreply 32December 30, 2022 6:59 AM

What a couple of hypocrites.

If the hierarchy of the monarchy is so terrible, why don't they give up ALL their titles, including Prince and renounce places 5th, 6th and 7th in the line of succession? Appeal to parliament to see it through? Harry has been known to say he wants to create a more equal world.

Oh that's right: it's the titles which make them special.

by Anonymousreply 33December 30, 2022 10:31 PM

He should get an electric shock to the genitals, every time "you know" is in a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 34December 30, 2022 11:04 PM

Ironically, while Wills inherited Diana's looks, it appears that Harry got her anti-establishment and wearing-emotions-on-the-sleeve personality. Which, in a way, I admire about him.

by Anonymousreply 35December 30, 2022 11:37 PM

How my heart bleeds for the ginger dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 36December 30, 2022 11:44 PM

[quote] I’m so glad Harry... has happiness, support, ease.

And I am the Queen of Romania.

You must believe everything everyone tells you completely at face value.

by Anonymousreply 37December 30, 2022 11:52 PM

I wish William could let loose and just tell the world what he thinks of his brother, and of his brother constantly invoking his mother as if he were her chief oracle for her dead soul.

by Anonymousreply 38December 30, 2022 11:56 PM

"I've worn many hats". Dunce cap.

by Anonymousreply 39December 30, 2022 11:59 PM

And, like, r34.

"I was like..."

"It was like..."

by Anonymousreply 40December 31, 2022 12:33 AM

Poor orphan Harry.

by Anonymousreply 41December 31, 2022 12:42 AM

Short version: "I rue the day...."

by Anonymousreply 42December 31, 2022 4:18 AM

I watch royal biographies ALL the time, and it is just tragic to reflect on how lovely the Windsor men are in their youth and how mature adulthood massacres that beauty. Think of how beautiful William was at, say, 14--and then look at him now! And Harry, while never delicately beautiful like William was (favoring his mother), was nonetheless a spirited and studly little carrot-top chappie who looked like he could give you quite a workout between the sheets. But if Harry had to show his independence, couldn't he have gone not the predictable Oprah/Meghan way but more toward soccer hooliganism, just for instance?

by Anonymousreply 43January 3, 2023 12:51 AM

They’re going to replace the Kardasians. Maybe that’s their goal.

by Anonymousreply 44January 3, 2023 1:02 AM

He must miss being waited on…he’ll get over it. You are free, Harry. Embrace it.

by Anonymousreply 45January 3, 2023 1:30 AM

If he's still married to Meghan, he will never be free. (he was much freer before getting involved with that harridan)

by Anonymousreply 46January 3, 2023 1:34 AM

Nah r44. They dont have anywhere near that level of interest.

by Anonymousreply 47January 3, 2023 4:02 AM

R44, Not until a sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 48January 3, 2023 11:22 AM

And, r44, you'll notice the Kardashian-Jenners are a matriarchy with disposable men and plastic surgeons on call.

Plus, they are also models and entrepreneurs, with makeup and shape-wear, for examples.

Now what of all that can Meghan hope to replicate and Harry hope to tolerate?

by Anonymousreply 49January 3, 2023 11:27 AM

I just wish they would hurry up and start the divorce. We need new material!

by Anonymousreply 50January 4, 2023 5:35 AM

R50 once this book is out what's left for them? I suppose Meghan could release her "truth" too, but what's their careers going to look like?

by Anonymousreply 51January 4, 2023 5:38 AM

That's a great question, R51. I can't even guess what either one of them could do - but then I never understood how the Kardashians became such a phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 52January 4, 2023 5:42 AM

I have been reading comments at other places and a lot of them are like after the Oprah interview and the Netflix documentary what's left to tell? Others saying they are tired of his whining.

They do have their fans but I think even some of the people who were rooting for them have gotten tired of all the complaining.

If they read social media every day to see what is being wrote about them like it has been said, they have to see some of the backlash.

I wouldn't put it past Meghan to write a book. But how can she get that much material from 18 months of her life? The horse has been beaten to death.

by Anonymousreply 53January 4, 2023 7:59 AM

" I can't even guess what either one of them could do - but then I never understood how the Kardashians became such a phenomenon."

The Kardashians seem to have convinced the public that they're living the life that tasteless middle-class American women wish they were living - with money and disposable men and plastic surgeons on speed-dial and fashion and side hacks so successful they can spend most of the day sitting around with their sisters. Which is all an illusion, of course, these people are actors who are playing roles on TV and social media, but somehow middle-class women eat up all the fakery.

The thing is, Meg and Harry don't understand enough about regular media consumers to do the same, the Kardashians at least know their audience. Harry doesn't give a rat's ass about the audience, he just expects the fame money to roll in with no effort on his part, and Meg doesn't know how to make that happen.

by Anonymousreply 54January 4, 2023 8:17 AM

Hell Harry, why don't you and your phoney wife just shut up already. You're fucking clueless. People are getting sick of hearing and seeing you both. What could possibly be in your book and her upcoming book, that will be compelling enough to keep people interested? Not much is the answer. If your former life was so distasteful, then renounce your titles. Just take a break and shut up for about 10 yrs.

by Anonymousreply 55January 4, 2023 9:02 AM

Who fucking cares. The oceans are boiling and these two little shitheads won’t stop talking about how hard it was to be rich and/or famous. Shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 56January 4, 2023 9:15 AM

Yep, renounce ALL the titles and places 5, 6 and 7 in the line of succession.

Even the Prince title. Not worthy of bearing it.

Isn't Markle waiting for her father to die so she can claim sexual abuse? Very Oprah of her, if so.

by Anonymousreply 57January 4, 2023 9:18 AM

Oh do us all a favour and fuck off Harry and Meghan

by Anonymousreply 58January 4, 2023 9:24 AM

Shut up, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 59January 4, 2023 9:57 AM

His hair?

by Anonymousreply 60January 4, 2023 10:05 AM

R54, If you're going to reference me, my post is r49.

by Anonymousreply 61January 4, 2023 12:42 PM

They can't go down the Kardashian route. Neither of them is likable. He's a spoiled, whiney dolt, and she's a cold, conniving fake.

by Anonymousreply 62January 4, 2023 2:23 PM

the Kardashians constantly have to do shocking things to stay relevant. If Harry and Meghan sink that low then they will ruin their brand, they have to at least maintain some kind of image of being classy.

by Anonymousreply 63January 4, 2023 2:30 PM

What is the Sussex brand, though? They've spent the last three years whining, flying private jets, buying awards and PR, and doing some occasional charity work. Oh, and polo.

by Anonymousreply 64January 4, 2023 2:34 PM

Archewell sounds like a cheap factory mini-cake product or a discount brand of adult diapers promising to "hold the load until after tea time."

by Anonymousreply 65January 4, 2023 2:41 PM

I'll watch the 60 minutes interview. I'll read the reviews of Harry's book.

I think if the reports are true, however, that Markle has a literary agent and is seeking a publisher for her own book about her life after meeting Harry, she's too late.

The gravy train is arriving at "A Depot Named Nobody Cares".

by Anonymousreply 66January 4, 2023 2:41 PM

R63 Is it too late to make a sex tape with Ginger and some club queens?

Now THAT would get him back on the radar, Kardashian-style!

by Anonymousreply 67January 4, 2023 2:51 PM

He’s a free spirit.

by Anonymousreply 68January 4, 2023 3:45 PM

They've never been classy r63. Klassy is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 69January 4, 2023 8:05 PM

Harry's motto is always complain, over explain.

by Anonymousreply 70January 4, 2023 8:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!