Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be LGBT historical figures whose sexuality is being whitewashed!

I'm Jeanette Rankin. I'm too busy to date!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2024 1:56 AM

We're Joan of Arc and Louisa May Alcott, arguing about who's been trans-ed the most times.

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2022 8:15 PM

Paul Lynde.

Major Nixon supporter, major pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 2December 28, 2022 8:32 PM

I'm Walt Whitman, waiting for the right girl to come along

by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2022 10:08 PM

Alan Turing, father of the modern computer(if you will) was persecuted and his homosexuality muffled. He eventually committed suicide, whitewashing a lot of his accomplishments which took years to restore.

by Anonymousreply 4December 28, 2022 11:11 PM

I'm Leonardo da Vinci, assumed to be heterosexual by the public despite never having married or fathered children, and leaving my estate to my two decidedly male protégés and longtime companions. Those sodomy charges were just spiteful rumors.

by Anonymousreply 5December 28, 2022 11:12 PM

I'm Alexander Hamilton, who almost certainly was in love with fellow soldier John Laurens, whose death he never got over, but no one knows that because Lin Manuel Miranda's giant ego wrote him as a pussyhound who was irresistible to all women in his stupid show just so he could cast himself.

by Anonymousreply 6December 29, 2022 12:01 AM

"Congressman" Jeanette Rankin, whose secret, in Nov. 1956, was that she was the first member of her gender elected to Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 1:10 AM

I’ve had more than my share of dalliances and I would have put a ring on it, but no gal could hold a candle to my mama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 1:17 AM

After parting ways with former Miss America Bess Myerson, Ed Koch almost exclusively dated women in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 1:38 AM

Jeanette Rankin voted against authorizing both world wars.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 1:41 AM

I'm George Washington the Father of His Country. Strangely, I fathered no children of my own.🤔

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 1:42 AM

What am I chopped liver? One questionable men's room encounter and everyone forgets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 1:57 AM

From a history nerd - thanks for starting this topic!

I'm Michelangelo. I'm too busy to find a wife and have kids.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 2:05 AM

I'm John Nash and I'm totally straight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 2:10 AM

I'm Jesus. Nice Jewish boy, never married (oi!) and chose to host an all-male brunch before being executed.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 2:38 AM

R13, this Dec. 2022, one-day, thread was resurrected today by R7.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 3:50 AM

Grandma and Grandpa Walton. Big lesbian and a very politically active gay man.

But 99% of America have no clue.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2024 3:55 AM

I'm Nelson Eddy. For some reason, over-the-hill fangirls are still trying to pretend I was in love with Jeannette MacDonald

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2024 11:39 AM

I'm Lord Kitchener

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2024 9:44 PM

I'm Willa Cather, and I'm married -- to Nebraska!

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2024 11:51 PM

I'm Cecil Rhodes and I was married to the British Empire!

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2024 11:53 PM

I'm Lord Baden-Powell. I was a chickenhawk but please don't say that out loud

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2024 11:55 PM

I’m Harvey Fierstein. Everyone thinks I’m straight!

by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2024 12:53 AM

[quote] "Congressman" Jeanette Rankin, whose secret, in Nov. 1956, was that she was the first member of her gender elected to Congress.

It was Nov. 1958.

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2024 1:21 AM

Abraham Lincoln and his bff and bedmate Joshua Speed.

by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2024 1:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!