Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's discuss Jeffrey Hunter and his looks.

Your thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 44April 3, 2024 1:34 PM

Jesus Christ, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1December 23, 2022 7:01 PM

Christopher Pike, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2022 7:05 PM

Who dat? A pic would have been helpful.

by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2022 7:09 PM

I got him down the altar, bitches. You can bow to me now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2022 7:13 PM

Here you go, R3: a veritable cornucopia of pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2022 7:13 PM

^ oh yeah - I remember him from Star Trek

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2022 7:17 PM

R5, is he a fancy boy?

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Totally my type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2022 7:27 PM

Jeffrey and Tab

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2022 7:30 PM

He's sexy and good in No Down Payment, which is great in so many ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2022 11:38 PM

I Was a Teenage Jesus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2022 11:42 PM

He died during or right after surgery! Botched operation!

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2022 11:46 PM

Various anecdotes about how Hunter’s then wife Dusty Bartlett fucked up Star Trek for him.

“Apparently there were problems with Jeffrey. Not while he was shooting or on the set or anything like that, but afterward. They started when the go-ahead came in for the second pilot, and Hunter's wife, who was an ex- model, suddenly started coming to production meetings. Evidently she hated the first pilot, and as a result she began to frequently storm into Gene's office, loudly making demands like "from now on, my Jeff must only be shot from certain angles," and apparently it became "Jeff wants this" and "Jeff demands that." Gene later told me that he'd much rather be dealing with Jeff and his agent, or even Jeff and a gorilla, than Jeff and his wife. He continued that there were so many tantrums, restrictions and ultimatums being laid out on the table that he finally thought, "Well, I can't possibly do an entire series like this. They'll drive me nuts." --William Shatner with Chris Kreski, Star Trek Memories (1993)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 24, 2022 5:24 AM

Jeff liked to have fun. So did Bobby...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 24, 2022 5:35 AM

Had he lived he may have had a career revival on a tv series like Dynasty or Dallas. He was a great looking guy and seemed be aging into a nice looking mature man.

by Anonymousreply 15December 24, 2022 5:42 AM

He looked great in "The Searchers"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 24, 2022 6:24 AM

Yes, he looked amazing in The Searchers. Of course, it helped that the film was one of the best photgraphed ever.

by Anonymousreply 17December 24, 2022 6:32 AM

He never sucked my cock.

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2022 6:35 AM

He also looked very handsome in Sergeant Rutledge. John Ford certainly knew how to photograph him to his best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2022 7:13 AM

My “thoughts” are that you are a certifiable imbecile. Is that thought enough, OP?

by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2022 7:25 AM

"In Love and War" with Jeffrey Hunter, Robert Wagner, Sheree North, Dana Wynter, Hope Lange, France Nuyen, Mort Sahl, and Bradford Dillman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 24, 2022 7:42 AM

Insanely beautiful man. Too bad Trek didn't go forward with him; he was so much better than Shitner. He would have been hotter to see shirtless too!

by Anonymousreply 22December 24, 2022 9:03 AM

Omg, he was fucking beautiful, gorgeous, handsome, hot, so good looking!

by Anonymousreply 23December 24, 2022 10:49 AM

Marilyn Monroe: "To me, Jeff is the acme of young American manhood. Why, he looks like he just stepped off a college campus."

by Anonymousreply 24December 24, 2022 1:00 PM

I get him confused with Jeffrey Hayden (mostly a director, Mr. Eva Marie Saint) and Jeff Chandler (not a great actor, but had screen presence).

by Anonymousreply 25December 24, 2022 1:15 PM

Bradford Dillman and Jeffrey Hunter were both so hot in In Love and War. Unfortunately neither seemed to become the big stars they might have had the potential to be.

by Anonymousreply 26December 24, 2022 1:42 PM

R12, Actually, he died from injuries sustained in a fall on stairs in his home.

by Anonymousreply 27December 24, 2022 1:53 PM

r26 Dillman married Suzy Parker and she seems like she was a handful.

by Anonymousreply 28December 24, 2022 8:47 PM

I love movies like No Down Payment and Strangers When we Meet, and The BEst of Everything. Lifetime TV before Lifetime TV

by Anonymousreply 29December 24, 2022 9:16 PM

I wonder if his career would have ever really recovered or if he was destined to stay a relic of the 50s and early 60s.

by Anonymousreply 30December 25, 2022 4:29 AM

Gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2024 4:51 PM

I think he's gorgeous. Heard he was a prick to people but when you go thru your life being a head turner I can almost understand it. Too bad his wife fucked up his chances for a bigger career. What was he thinking letting her be his manager?

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2024 5:06 PM

It’s funny, Matt Bomer used to talk about trying to get a biopic about Montgomery Clift off the ground. But Bomer looks nothing like Clift.

Wheras he’s a dead ringer for Jeffrey Hunter, whose life and career were pretty dull, despite his undeniable beauty.

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2024 5:55 PM

I just watched King of Kings; he played Jesus Christ Himself. I read on Wikipedia that part of the reason Hunter was cast was because his eyes were absolutely stunning.

Anson Mount is great as Captain Daddy Pike, but I would have liked to have seen Hunter as Pike.

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2024 6:09 PM

[quote]My “thoughts” are that you are a certifiable imbecile. Is that thought enough, OP?

That was impressively cunty.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2024 6:16 PM

And he never had to pad the seat of his pants because of his flat ass - unlike Robert 'Pancake' Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2024 6:20 PM

I've never heard anything about Hunter himself being a prick, it was first or second wife who was a raging bitch and often made decisions about his career without consulting him, which is why said career went down the shitter. Her excuse was always, "Jeffrey is a movie star!"; meaning she wanted the big bucks.

If Star Trek had gone forward with Hunter as Pike, Majel Barrett as Number One, Yeoman Colt (the red head), and Nimoy with the additions of DeForest Kelley (whom Roddenberry actually wanted as the doctor), Nichelle Nichols, and James Doohan, I would have watched the hell out of that show.

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2024 7:55 PM

I can't believe hot Jeffrey was married to Emily McLaughlin from GH. She was so homely.

Was he gay and all these women were bearding for him? I guess Barbara Rush got a son out of him......

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2024 7:57 PM

They wanted Lucy to play Cpt. Pike but Gary talked her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2024 9:04 PM

Since Desilu produced Star Trek, it would've been no problem for Lucy to get any role she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2024 11:36 PM

Yes, he was gorgeous! I love him as Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 41April 3, 2024 12:22 AM

Hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 42April 3, 2024 12:25 AM

by Anonymousreply 43April 3, 2024 12:52 AM

R33, Matt Bomer does resemble Montgomery Clift, as well as Jeffrey Hunter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 3, 2024 1:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!