Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I died of boredom in Genoa City, part II

Continued from the last thread, since Part One is almost full

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 23, 2023 11:38 PM

JaBottom is engaged now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 21, 2022 2:05 AM

He.

Looks.

Trapped.

by Anonymousreply 2December 21, 2022 2:23 AM

MM needs to get married so Swicklor can hang out together again and not raise suspicion.

by Anonymousreply 3December 21, 2022 2:59 AM

As I said in another thread....

JaBottom is STRAIGHT????!?!?!????

No way.

by Anonymousreply 4December 21, 2022 3:35 AM

His insta always made him seem sad and lonely (and probably pining for Swickard). This girl popped up out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 5December 21, 2022 8:26 AM

Oh look. NuNoah and Allie have become another worthlessly boring couple. How does Y&R manage to do this year after year? (Writer after writer?)

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2022 4:34 PM

Mealor has been eating this girl’s pussy for awhile now. Sorry, fags. Mealor and Swickard are totally STRAIGHT. Somewhere, Alan Sarapa is crying.

by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2022 8:04 PM

Y&R seems to deliberately cast the flattest, most expressionless younger actors. I can only assume it's done on purpose so that Hans, Aunt Jack and Nikki aka Tits McGee aren't outacted by them.

Even The Staff has lost her edge. She is truly There For The Mortgage Payment. We lost Gina Tognoni for THIS?

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2022 10:20 PM

So when is the Tucker, Jeremy, and Daniel three-way? .. After all, they're all staying in THE EXACT SAME HOTEL ROOM .. lol.

Hilarious because Room 405 (Jeremy), Room 406 Tucker), and Room 407 (Daniel) are all in the same place in the exterior hallway and all have the same (corner) view from rear window in the room. The only thing the set people are changing inside the room now is the painting in the small sitting area.

They might as well rename the Grand Phoenix, Genoa City's Motel 6.

by Anonymousreply 9December 22, 2022 12:03 AM

Meanwhile, GH has multiple restaurants, kitchens, a stable, a roof top pool in the summer...

Y&R doesn't even try.

I think Bill Bell hired some bad actors over the years but he wrote so much story for them, and the actors showed up and played it every day that fans didn't always notice how bad the actors were.

Noah and Allie are no Grant Aleksander or Lisa Brown but they have no story either.

WRITE SOMETHING. That'll hide their not-so great acting, which I don't think is actually all that bad.

by Anonymousreply 10December 22, 2022 5:36 AM

The set budget has been repeatedly slashed over the years in order to pay the veteran actors to stay.

by Anonymousreply 11December 22, 2022 6:09 AM

Did they do away with the lobby of the Grand Phoenix? It seemed like everything happened there for about two years. I was shocked that they still had Lola's apartment set to use for Chelsea.

Do Kevin and Chloe live in the servant's quarters at Chancellor mansion, or are the bunking with Lauren and Michael at the penthouse?

by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2022 8:28 AM

R12 Around the time Chance and Abby were going to get married, they made a point of saying Kevin, Chole, and their two kids were moving out of the Chancellor Estate. At some point, Chance told Abby that Esther was going with them, prompting him to suggest that he and Abby live there. Don't ask where the others moved to, though, I really don't think we know .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2022 8:38 AM

Thanks R13 . It's the little things that stand out. For some reason I thought Esther's inheritance from Katherine was contingent on her staying at the mansion. $20k per month, or something unseemly like that. No biggie, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2022 8:45 AM

The guy who plays Noah is so dull. Mopey all the time. No wonder he got taken off contract.

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2022 11:42 AM

Dumb Dylan has been pouting because everyone at SON was making fun of Josh Griffith. Poor Dumb Dylan.

Dumb Dylan is also sad because Mark Grossman turned him down. Bummer

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2022 1:19 PM

Genoa City needs to have a big flood and wipe out half the residents. We really never need to see a whole lot of them ever again: Michael and Kevin, Chloe, Chelsea, Lauren, and a few others, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2022 3:24 PM

I need Ron Carlivati to write this show so Carmine's twin will come to GC and finish the job of fucking Lauren and Fen, but denying Michael, thus driving him to suicide.

by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2022 6:03 PM

Is it wrong to hope that the tree lights short circuit and cause a fire in the cabin that kills Jabottom, Summer, Diane and Harrison?

by Anonymousreply 19December 22, 2022 6:13 PM

R18 I don't see Carlivati being the right fit for Genoa City.

btw - There's no reason for Carmine to have a twin. He's not dead. It was revealed that the authorities faked his death and put him in witness protection after he agreed to turn state's evidence against some mobster they were after. .. We saw LaBladwin track Carmine down and take a photo of him holding a newspaper with the current date on it in order to clear FenMo of murder charges. .. And a return would be entirely believable, since we later heard that the mobster Carmine helped put away was murdered in prison, so there's no real reason why witness protection would still be required.

Carmine lives! .. And he's definitely among my top characters to mount a return.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2022 7:34 PM

Dear gawd in heaven! SOD is using BrendaD's face filters on their covers now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 22, 2022 7:57 PM

I've noticed for the last few years that Lauren has become an angry bitch. What caused this change in character?

by Anonymousreply 22December 23, 2022 1:27 AM

Lauren was always a bitch, r22.

by Anonymousreply 23December 23, 2022 1:50 AM

When Kay died, the writers should have (but had no interest in) re-defined who was in the house.

Put Jill and Esther in there; have Nina move in. Pit Devon and Mac against each other in some kind of inheritance battle.

But instead they moved Billy in there and painted the place battleship blue/gray.

Soaps need writers who love the shows, love the characters...

by Anonymousreply 24December 23, 2022 1:59 AM

Gee. I wonder what's causing Sally not to want to drink coffee tonight.

by Anonymousreply 25December 23, 2022 2:01 AM

Dumb Dylan is butt hurt because not everyone loves Josh Griffith like he does.

by Anonymousreply 26December 23, 2022 2:17 AM

Y&R really does have a problem writing for the younger characters. The show did not do anything with Moses and Faith. They did not do anything much with Mattie, Charlie, and Reed. One of the oldest tricks in the book is to have a couple who is torn apart by a third party--and working to find their way back to each other. The problem with Allie and Noah is that they were thrown together so abruptly that it doesn't matter if someone else comes along to tear them apart. They don't feel like a couple that's worth rooting for. And I really don't care about Noah and Audra's past relationship in London.

by Anonymousreply 27December 23, 2022 2:30 AM

[quote] The problem with Allie and Noah is that they were thrown together so abruptly that it doesn't matter if someone else comes along to tear them apart

Kyle and Summer redux

by Anonymousreply 28December 23, 2022 2:35 AM

It also doesn't help that Allie and Noah have zero chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 29December 23, 2022 2:42 AM

R29 Also Kyle and Summer redux.

Apparently just pushing two people together is supposed to do all the work of chemistry. Same with Abby and nuChance.

Abby and Devon fucking is at least somewhat interesting.

by Anonymousreply 30December 23, 2022 2:49 AM

Chance and Noah: that's the couple they should have pushed.

by Anonymousreply 31December 23, 2022 3:03 AM

How did Lily have Dru and Malcolm as birth parents and not inherit one ounce of personality? Has she had a boyfriend of color on the show?

by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2022 8:33 AM

[quote] How did Lily have Dru and Malcolm as birth parents and not inherit one ounce of personality?

Seriously. Her long tenure boggles my mind.

by Anonymousreply 33December 23, 2022 2:04 PM

Is this Christmas baby shit a fucking joke? How much worse can Y&R get?

by Anonymousreply 34December 23, 2022 4:52 PM

It was a new low, even for this shit show

by Anonymousreply 35December 23, 2022 5:53 PM

A holiday message from CBS Daytime:

Greetings Y&R viewers!

In case you missed it:

The Y&R characters known as Tessa & Mariah are MARRIED.

Yes, they are WIVES.

That's two women (plural) who happen to be WIFE & WIFE.

And as a MARRIED couple they will be doing MARRIED things just like any other MARRIED couple.

We know you will love our happily MARRIED WIVES -- yes, both of them -- just as much as we do!

by Anonymousreply 36December 23, 2022 7:53 PM

What Christmas Baby Shit?

by Anonymousreply 37December 23, 2022 7:54 PM

It's too dreadful to even waste time explaining it.

by Anonymousreply 38December 23, 2022 8:35 PM

R32 They started to develop a relationship between Lily & Tyler Michaelson. But the nutso Lane stans weren't having it and bashed Tyler (and Redaric) constantly.

Part of the story had to do with Tyler's history, where they let it be known that he'd previously been in a serious relationship with a woman who very much resembled Lily. This woman's name was "Mariah."

At that point, "Mariah" was not supposed to be this pale redhead played by Camryn Grimes. We'd already seen part of Mariah's body in a flashback or two, and she had the complexion and body of Christal Khalil. One rumor was that CK was going to play a double role, or they were still looking for an actress who resembled her.

In any event, around this same time, McDaniel (CBS) wanted Grimes back on contract, and the show needed some kind of entrance story, so they quickly changed things and had her become Tyler's "Mariah." (JFP tried to sell the lie that this had been the plan all along .. lol!) Needless to say, Camryn and Redaric had zero chemistry. The whole thing was quickly dropped. Redaric was soon written out; thereby putting the kibosh on anything more between Tyler and Lily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 23, 2022 9:10 PM

Question of those of you who keep up with the character histories:

The carnival childhood story that Sally told Nick about on Thursday's show, did that jive with the Sally character's history that was established on B&B? Or was this a retcon for Y&R purposes?

by Anonymousreply 40December 23, 2022 10:11 PM

Tessa and Mariah are the WORST pairing ever on Y&R. Tessa has the most annoying nasally delivery and Mariah is just a fat blob. Ugh. And Josh Griffith is going to be the sole show runner???????? As our dear beloved Jeanne Cooper would say - Dear God in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 41December 23, 2022 10:35 PM

R40 I did a search on the transcripts, and Sally Junior had the following conversation with Gay Saul on B&B in 2017:

===========

Sally: I would give anything for a simple life in The Valley (*). My parents were carnies.

Saul: Stop. No. No, they were not.

Sally: Yep. Yeah, they were. They were in the carnival circuit all over California and Nevada. You name it, we were there.

Saul: So -- so you and Coco, you went with?

Sally: Yeah. Yeah, we traveled all the time when I was young.

Saul: [Scoffs]

Sally: But Coco was obviously still a baby. And then my, uh, parents, they did some sketchy stuff on the side.

Saul: Like what?

Sally: Ran some scams. Rigged some games -- card games. They were always dealing cards. And, uh... that's not the only thing they were dealing.

Saul: Wow.

Sally: They would do anything to make some extra money. That's just how Spectras are. You know how grams always says that Spectras are survivors?

Saul: Mm-hmm.

Sally: Yeah, we're more like swindlers. We come from a long line of very talented con artists.

Saul: I just had no clue that it was that crazy.

Sally: Well, eventually, my parents were unable to care for me and Coco.

Saul: So that's when you moved in with Shirley?

Sally: Yeah, I mean, if it wasn't for grams, we would have been thrown into the system.

Saul: Wow, thank goodness for Shirley, huh?

Sally: Yeah, I mean, she tried to give us a really good life. She worked hard at the bakery, she scratched and clawed for every buck. Yeah, and now here we are, turning this place into a knock-off shop.

Saul: Well, there's nothing wrong with that.

Sally: We come from generations of hustlers, years and years of scammers, and then out pops Coco. She's like this angel baby, the most innocent little girl that you have ever met in your life. And thinking of taking advantage of her... I don't know. I don't know. Maybe this is her fate. Maybe she is destined to become one of us.

by Anonymousreply 42December 23, 2022 10:40 PM

Thanks r42.

by Anonymousreply 43December 23, 2022 11:55 PM

Does Town Mattress Sharon keep a log of all the men she sleeps with?

by Anonymousreply 44December 26, 2022 5:23 PM

Y&R is horrible.

Horrible message sent with mental health, sexual assault of men, story telling.

everything.

by Anonymousreply 45December 26, 2022 5:29 PM

Putting Dull Devon and Boredway together at least consolidates the fast-forward material.

If these two get together, it would present the perfect opportunity to just write them both out to New York, or Paris, or Norfolk, happy and settled, with their kid.

by Anonymousreply 46December 26, 2022 7:14 PM

Where will Sharon and Chance fuck? The countertop at Crimson Lights?

Sharon appears to live in that coffee shoppe now. And since Chance moved out of the Chancellor Estate, one images he now sleeps in the backseat of his police-issued vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 47December 26, 2022 8:02 PM

I love Michael Damian's Danny. He is the gayest man that never gayed. He looks great.

I hate Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 48December 27, 2022 4:37 PM

ROCK ON!

by Anonymousreply 49December 28, 2022 6:12 AM

Never liked Danny - never thought he was cute then, and he looks like a troll doll now.

If only I'd gotten to see inside Thom Bierdz' pants back in the day.....

by Anonymousreply 50December 28, 2022 12:55 PM

Christian Le Blanc was injured!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 28, 2022 4:27 PM

He won't be able to jack off for a while!

by Anonymousreply 52December 28, 2022 4:30 PM

Chrissy wrote:

[quote] "NO WORRIES I am home and doing well.

IOW, there's nothing wrong with his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 53December 28, 2022 5:46 PM

Danny is even uglier!

by Anonymousreply 54December 28, 2022 9:22 PM

Why does Danny's head so BIG?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 28, 2022 9:29 PM

Damian would look so much better if he didn’t dye his hair.

by Anonymousreply 56December 28, 2022 10:47 PM

[quote]Damian would look so much better if he didn’t dye his hair.

So, true. It's so obviously dyed and looks so unnatural.

Even worse, his TV son has gray hairs, yet he has jet black hair.

by Anonymousreply 57December 28, 2022 10:55 PM

We'd need to know if Brian Hamilton has gone gray.

by Anonymousreply 58December 28, 2022 10:57 PM

Little Connie has quite the crush on Billy.

by Anonymousreply 59December 29, 2022 4:41 PM

When are they going to reveal that Connor is trans?

by Anonymousreply 60December 29, 2022 5:01 PM

Chloe's Paradise Island chest armor is quite a look.

by Anonymousreply 61December 29, 2022 5:14 PM

The two gay guys in the background when Traci & Danny started crooning Auld Lang Syne appear to be our token gay couple of 2022.

Maybe they're supposed to be "Troy and Dean" and part of the returns celebrating the show's 50th Anniversary .. lol!

(Click to enlarge.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 29, 2022 8:22 PM

Michael was REALLY happy to see Danny.

by Anonymousreply 63December 29, 2022 8:36 PM

With what little they give him, melodramatic Chrissy is always playing to the back row of the balcony.

by Anonymousreply 64December 29, 2022 8:50 PM

R64 is right. He's a nice friendly guy who gives a shout out to the health care workers that took care of him; he has several daytimers from Y&R co-stars to Finola Hughes wishing him well.

Many ask what happened, what's wrong, what's your injury -- and he never answers.

Always leave 'em wanting more, I suppose.

It must be EXHAUSTING being around him in a regular basis and dear God, would you want to be there when the laughter stops.

That's mean, I know, but I've had people who blast out all that energy and attention in your direction. But it's never really sincere and it sucks when it stops.

by Anonymousreply 65December 29, 2022 9:33 PM

Yeah, right. I know it's a "classic."

But seriously? The Masquerade Ball, AGAIN?

And it's the holidays. They should have gone with one of the ancient, Christmas miracle shows.

by Anonymousreply 66December 30, 2022 5:50 AM

Michael was very happy to see Danny wasn't he?? Seeing Tracy, Lauren and Danny brought back good memories and I loved that Danny called Christine Cricket

by Anonymousreply 67January 1, 2023 8:36 PM

LOL that ball does nothing but highlight how long most of those hacks have been playing those parts

by Anonymousreply 68January 1, 2023 8:37 PM

Christian seems very well liked in the soap community.

by Anonymousreply 69January 1, 2023 9:09 PM

Chrissy is like Miss Popularity of the Daytime World Pageant!

(Otherwise known as that effusive gay guy who's always *on*.)

by Anonymousreply 70January 1, 2023 11:10 PM

Didn't they age Faith to finally have a relatable teen heroine? And she's gone, like Cousin Reed, Lily's twins and the son to be back to London Noah and that Asian girl. Get some balls Y&R and do a real gay sl. Nobody is invested in Mariah and Tessa. Make Faith a Greta Thunburger type who calls Victor out for his shit. Noah screams gay.

by Anonymousreply 71January 1, 2023 11:32 PM

He's extremely well liked. But he's like a butterfly, flying from one person to the next, never landing long enough to establish anything lasting.

You FEEL like he's your BFF.

But ... he's not.

by Anonymousreply 72January 2, 2023 12:49 AM

[quote] ... never landing long enough to establish anything lasting.

While he seems to flit from here to there on social media and often comes off like an overexposed teenager on Tik-Tok, I don't think I'd go that far.

He's been with the husband for nearly three decades now. He's also very close to his Louisiana family and friends. The photos and clips of his big 60th birthday gala down in New Orleans showed that. Plus, there are gay couples based down there whom he and Sid have been socially-tight with for years (e.g. husbands Bryan Batt/Tom Cianfichi and David Bernard-Charlie Urstadt to name a couple). And besides "their children" (three dogs and a cat), they both throw themselves into lengthy, detail-oriented home renovation projects of historically significant properties. That appears to be a shared passion. And unlike some daytime actors who seem to flounder when their airtime becomes scant or nil, he immediately pivoted to his other longtime passion: his art.

Beyond his frenetic social media persona, I'd say all of those relationships and activities in his 'other life' are lasting, long-term constants in his life that he's engendered.

by Anonymousreply 73January 2, 2023 8:50 PM

Relax R73 , or should I say Christian. No one here is mad at you.

by Anonymousreply 74January 2, 2023 8:55 PM

Just because a camera isn't in CLB's asshole every day doesn't make him aloof.

by Anonymousreply 75January 2, 2023 10:10 PM

H R74, half way through I though is this Christian?

I don't think he'd stay long enough.

R72, here and I sit corrected; R73 is quite correct. He has a long running marriage/relationship with Sid, the husband. I've never heard of any cheating on either side. Thes same can't be said for most actors.

No, I more meant how he buddies up to the flavor of the month in terms of new actors; he's all over social with them and then if that actor goes, he's on to the next one.

He's a little like Dickie in the Talented Mr. Ripley; when he shines his light on you, you feel like you're the only other person in the world and then when it goes away you're like ...huh? (That's not the right quote exactly but that's the gist of it.)

I've met him briefly and after, a mutual friend used the butterfly analogy. You can't let people like that get too close to you in show biz. You have to know it's not real or sincere except in that moment.

Not a bad guy. Just bad for some people.

by Anonymousreply 76January 3, 2023 12:22 AM

How many lines did Sharon Case do in her dressing room before filming today's ep?

by Anonymousreply 77January 3, 2023 5:03 PM

CRICKET >> Is there SOMEONE special in your life?

DANNY >> Well, umm, I, uhh, I've been seeing SOMEONE. .. It's uhh, ahem. it's, uhh, casual. .. I mean, you know .. given my schedule I don't really know where it's going. .. I guess time will tell. .. But I guess my life [my hole] is full right now.

--------------------

So with that non-specific "someone" talk, it appears they've left the door open for Danny to finally come out and announce he's found the alpha top of his dreams!

by Anonymousreply 78January 3, 2023 8:12 PM

I just happened to catch Danny and Christine’s scenes yesterday. They both whisper talk.

by Anonymousreply 79January 3, 2023 8:19 PM

Danny and Cricket are the super couple we need! The new Nikki and Victor.

by Anonymousreply 80January 3, 2023 9:06 PM

Did Michael Damian piss someone off in the makeup department or lighting crew?

He looked about 10 years older today than he did last week.

by Anonymousreply 81January 3, 2023 9:43 PM

Cryptkeeper Romalatti

by Anonymousreply 82January 3, 2023 10:47 PM

When did Lauralee realize MD was never gonna marry her? Is that why Daddy switched her to the 14 years older than her, DOUGIE??

by Anonymousreply 83January 3, 2023 11:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 4, 2023 12:40 AM

He’s now got a face for voiceovers (radio)…

by Anonymousreply 85January 4, 2023 12:46 AM

Miss Damian's wig scares the children

by Anonymousreply 86January 4, 2023 3:57 AM

Will international recording superstar Danny cross paths with billionaire music mogul wunderkind Devon?

Will they combine their super powers to finally make Nikki's Concerto in Chancellor Park a reality?

by Anonymousreply 87January 4, 2023 9:23 AM

I didn't watch Y&R back then. I bet the Phyl/Cricket/Danny triangle was entertaining. Did Stafford play her as nuts as she does now?

by Anonymousreply 88January 4, 2023 11:29 AM

Also, I enjoyed the conversation b/t Nick and Lilly. How much older is he SUPPOSED to be than her?

by Anonymousreply 89January 4, 2023 11:30 AM

R88, at one point she ran Cricket down with a car. And that was here in grudge phase. Danny had gone off to a permanent tour circuit of Puerto Vallarta, Palm Springs, Mykonos and Provincetown. I mean, explain that?

by Anonymousreply 90January 4, 2023 12:38 PM

I could have told you all that Danny's as queer as a cat fart years ago.

He may be cute. But I'm.....bigger!

by Anonymousreply 91January 4, 2023 1:28 PM

[quote]Genoa City needs to have a big flood and wipe out half the residents. We really never need to see a whole lot of them ever again: Michael and Kevin, Chloe, Chelsea, Lauren, and a few others, for starters.

Phyllis is at the top of my list. I have never liked her. I mostly remember her talking Daniel's babysitter Joni's ear off as they both stood facing the audience. Was that a Bill Bell technique? I don't recall our Midwestern Marvels not facing each other while speaking with each other.

And there were her nasty bitchcunt from hell scenes with Drucilla. I loved Drucilla, and would love it if she could come back and get rid of Phyllis once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 92January 4, 2023 1:38 PM

Phyllis and Sheila were fun bitches but to see those women in their late 20s/early 30s was interesting. To see them now is just sad and desperate.

The inability to let go of some older, played out characters has really hobbled all the soaps, both defunct and still existent. I like history too, but sometimes these shows hold on to characters with no story way longer than needed.

by Anonymousreply 93January 4, 2023 1:52 PM

That's why I always thought Gina worked in the role. Her Phyllis retained some of the raw wildness, but she was a grown up and they largely wrote her as one.

by Anonymousreply 94January 4, 2023 2:55 PM

Gina was so good as Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 95January 4, 2023 3:25 PM

GINA was a better actress. And prettier, younger, less loud, no mugging......I could go on and on.

by Anonymousreply 96January 4, 2023 4:00 PM

Gina is to Phyllis what Jess Walton is to Jill and Michelle is what Brenda Dickson was to Jill.

by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2023 5:53 PM

R97 Have another cocktail, honey.

by Anonymousreply 98January 4, 2023 8:06 PM

Whatever she's become privately, I get the feeling Brenda Dickson just delivered Jill as directed. She played her much differently in her first go and in the early going of her return. She started wood chippering the scenery after the divorce from John Abbott, but even Clare Lawrence could tell you when the change in direction happened.

by Anonymousreply 99January 4, 2023 8:34 PM

[quote] Also, I enjoyed the conversation b/t Nick and Lilly. How much older is he SUPPOSED to be than her?

R89 The year Lily was born (1995), Nick was an 18-year old virgin getting his hole primed with spit by The Wartman in prison.

But seven years later, they SORASed Lily to 14 when she returned from Europe in 2002, so they added about seven additional years to her age.

Except for during the time when they egregiously aged Lily's twins to teenagers, Khalil has basically played her real-life age in the role. Joshua Morrow as well. She's currently 35. He's 48. btw, Morrow is actually three years younger than Khalil's long-term, ex-screen partner, Daniel Goddard (Cane). Meanwhile, Jason Thompson (Billy)is 46, yet looks older than Morrow. (ftr, Billy is only supposed to be two years older than Lily as he was born in 1993.)

I remember viewers noticed that Khlalil and Morrow worked well together during some make-believe, fantasy sequence several years agp. (I actually think they were shown to be married?) Anyway, they had a hot kiss and some viewers were calling for the characters to hook-up for real, saying they looked good together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 4, 2023 8:42 PM

Wherever we were in the time continuum in 1995, Nicolas was born in 1988 so he’s only a few years older in some dimension…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 4, 2023 9:11 PM

Jason is getting the same Cryptkeeper treatment as MD. They both look like hell.

by Anonymousreply 102January 4, 2023 9:52 PM

Funny how when Billy was born (1993), the story was that Jack and his sisters were an entire generation older than him. John was done having kids, and Jill seduced him with martinis before he could have the vasectomy. He even wanted Jill to terminate the pregnancy.

With JT in the role, Billy now looks like their slightly younger brother.

by Anonymousreply 103January 4, 2023 10:55 PM

R103, Jason Thompson is one of my favorite actors and a truly nice guy.

He is miscast as Billy Abbott. Chuck Pratt asked him at the Emmys if he wanted to come over to Y&R; Chuck, who had no idea what Y&R was or where it should go. Jason, wanting a better deal at a more secure show (maybe) jumped ship.

AT GH, fans were not going to let go of 'Scrubs' easily so he was in a lose/lose.

However, he was much better as Patrick, the doting dad to Emma.

Patrick was a welcome breath of fresh air after all the mobster leading men on GH -- Sonny, Jason.

He looks like Fred MacMurray, he's aged. He should go back to playing Patrick.

The podcasts, the moaning over Delia...forgiving Chelsea for raping him...it's all so boring and dull and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 104January 4, 2023 11:02 PM

r104

100% agree... he just is not Billy

by Anonymousreply 105January 4, 2023 11:06 PM

Weirdly, Jason T has started to look more and more like Peter Bergman.

He really couldn't be at GH much longer - especially since fat Kim Mc doesn't want to act any more.

by Anonymousreply 106January 5, 2023 12:57 AM

[quote] He looks like Fred MacMurray, he's aged.

LOL! .. I've thought the same thing about him!

And even after six long years now, they keep trying to sell the notion that he's Fuck-Up Billy, and "Fred MacMurray Billy" just doesn't read fuck-Up.

by Anonymousreply 107January 5, 2023 1:08 AM

LOL Aunt Jack and Jabottom fretting and wringing their hands over Diane's "safety" is so overwrought that it's hilarious. The only way the tedious Diane storyline pays off is if she's actually there to grift the Abbotts. Why bring back a devious character like that just to play grandmother to that odious Child of the Corn Harrison?

by Anonymousreply 108January 5, 2023 2:36 AM

Maria Bell NEVER should have killed off Diane and CBS Daytime never should have forced her to hire Maura as Diane; totally miscast. Walters is younger than Donnelley and West is younger than Walters.

Ironically, casting a non fat fuck up frat boy as Billy could have endangered Bergman since Thompson's Billy is just a young Bergman/Jack.

The show's a mess. Phyllis is an idiot for bringing Stark to town after everyone told her not to.

The show needs to have Tara come back and sue for custody, using the Abbotts' sins against them.

by Anonymousreply 109January 5, 2023 6:12 AM

[quote] The show needs to have Tara come back and sue for custody, using the Abbotts' sins against them.

Yeah, The Return of Tara causing trouble seems like Soap 101. I think they'd have to recast Tara, though, since the original actress who played the role was pretty subpar.

If Days doesn't plan on keeping Jessica Serfaty around as the recurring "Sloan Petersen," she'd be a welcome addition to Y&R. I'd say she's been the casting find of 2022. (Although, I can see where Serfaty may not want a contract, soap gig. She appears to make $ as a social media influencer, with her 1 million IG followers and related projects.

by Anonymousreply 110January 5, 2023 6:53 AM

The only Tara they need back is Lipinski to bring back GC's new Head of Surgery, Dr. Marnie Kowalski.

by Anonymousreply 111January 5, 2023 9:59 AM

Devon and Abby are gross.

by Anonymousreply 112January 5, 2023 10:28 AM

Hate to be mean (not really), but that kid playing Dominic is very unfortunate looking. He also seems drugged.

by Anonymousreply 113January 5, 2023 2:18 PM

When Daniel told Phyllis and Danny last week that he'd hit "rock bottom," he should have gone further in his conversation with Lily today and confessed that what he really meant was that things got so bad for him that he went to a seedy motel room, presented hole on Grindr, and bottomed for any anonymous guy who wanted to fuck him. .. He explains that it was both an expression of low self-esteem and a form of self-punishment.

And that's what really sent Heather packing, as it brought up the bad memory of Adam cheating on her with Rafe.

Lily thinks a bit and surmises, "So basically, you went from porn addiction to a form of sex addiction?"

Daniel glumly replies, "Yeah. But my therapist feels it was just a one-time blip, and I'm not in that dark place any longer."

"Well, that's good to hear," Lily continues, "And it's also good that you were at least honest with Heather."

Daniel sighs, "Yeah .. But I was kinda forced into telling her after I came down with monkeypox."

"Hey! Don't beat yourself up!" Lily says. "Monkeypox, chlamydia .. we've all been there!"

History folks!

by Anonymousreply 114January 5, 2023 11:11 PM

Not Rex Sterling!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 9, 2023 8:30 PM

Another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 9, 2023 8:57 PM

The clever banter between Rex and Kay's dentures used to crack me up.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 117January 9, 2023 9:09 PM

Jesus, he looks old. And when I say old I mean looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 118January 9, 2023 9:42 PM

It's too bad BrendaD left before the Quinn started playing Rex. She and David were plotting the scenario to hire some guy to seduce "the old SOT" LOL! right before her exit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 9, 2023 10:30 PM

God, that's some bad writing, made worse by the Best Performance By a Termite in Beaded Eveningwear.

by Anonymousreply 120January 9, 2023 10:35 PM

Does anyone know what’s up with Thom Bierdz? He was a regular on Twitter and Instagram, but has posted anything in over a year. I hope he’s okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 9, 2023 11:31 PM

R121 He's posted on Fraubook twice in the last hour. Three hours ago, he put a photo up there from the time he and Quinn Redeker came back to the show as "dead" Phillip and Rex telling Kay to stop drinking. He wrote how much he enjoyed working with Quinn (RIP).

by Anonymousreply 122January 10, 2023 2:10 AM

Town mattress Sharon is wearing her sluttiest lipstick for Chance today. You go ho.

by Anonymousreply 123January 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Chance is the only male in town that Sharon hasn't slept with, isn't he?

She's clearly looking to correct that.

by Anonymousreply 124January 11, 2023 4:53 PM

Sharon hasn't gotten 'round to Nate, DuhVon, Kyle, Daniel, Poor Kevvie, or LaBaldwin either.

by Anonymousreply 125January 11, 2023 6:33 PM

Has Sharon bedded Billy yet?

Also hasn't had time to go after Jeremy Stark.

by Anonymousreply 126January 11, 2023 6:55 PM

R126

Real Billy and Sharon did the nasty… he was one of three possibilities of being Faith’s dad

by Anonymousreply 127January 11, 2023 7:47 PM

I hope she sleeps with Nate, DuhVon, Kyle, and Daniel. I don't think any of them were born the first time she married Nick.

by Anonymousreply 128January 11, 2023 8:41 PM

What would revitalize this show? Anything?

by Anonymousreply 129January 12, 2023 5:41 AM

R128 Nate, Daniel, and DuhVon were born prior to Nick and Sharon's first marriage in 1996.

The funny thing about Chance is that the character should actually be about six months older than Nick, since they were both born the same year.

This is the issue with inconsistent soarsing among generations of kids compounded by casting/recasting with younger or older looking actors.

by Anonymousreply 130January 12, 2023 9:10 AM

Sharon is NuKay!

by Anonymousreply 131January 12, 2023 12:13 PM

The funny thing is that Sharon Case is actually six years older than Wilma Jeanne was when Jeff the Stableboy was banging her (age 51 vs. 45).

But back then, Kay was considered OLD OLD OLD .. lol.

by Anonymousreply 132January 12, 2023 6:40 PM

Actors have an age range; once they hit it, they're there for a long time -- if they're lucky.

by Anonymousreply 133January 15, 2023 10:36 PM

I died of boredom just looking at the photo of that tediously generic woman!

by Anonymousreply 134January 15, 2023 10:42 PM

FenMo appears January 25.

Perfect timing since JaBottom and Summer are having issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 15, 2023 11:41 PM

why has Y&R failed to give a new young leading man a proper platform and story?

Fenmore, Noah, Moses...Theo....can these guys not handle the material?

Morrow started i 1994 and over the next 3 years Nick fell for Sharon, fought Matt, went to jail for shooting him (innocent), had a prison storyline, got out of jail, married Sharon and was expecting Noah. He was hardly Kevin Bacon or Grant Aleksander in the acting department.

The writers just let these other guys sit there.

by Anonymousreply 136January 16, 2023 2:45 AM

Yeah, minus the guy who played Moses, the actors playing Fenmore, Noah, and Theo are all better than Joshua Morrow was when he first started. .. Same with Shemar Moore who showed up in 1994 too. .. Both of them were pretty green, but Bell stuck with them and played them and their sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 137January 16, 2023 3:56 AM

Moses was Gawd Awful, queerer than a 12 dollar bill. Even Little Dolly Parton's thespian skills couldn't save that storyline, had she been around.

by Anonymousreply 138January 16, 2023 5:01 AM

I agree on Moses but I didn't want to be called racist and so I included Moses.

They should change that name .

But no, Shemar and Joshua were not good actors (I can't believe Shemar beat out Kristoff and Christian Le Blanc in 98 for the Supporting Actor Emmy)

But yes, Bell stuck with them and wrote as if they could act. these writers today can't write so they don't know what to do. when in doubt, fire the last person hired.

by Anonymousreply 139January 16, 2023 6:10 AM

Good god, this "I'll just take a jaunt to Chicago and steal Nicki's necklace," plots is one of the stupidest things this show has done.

by Anonymousreply 140January 16, 2023 4:24 PM

^ And all we get is HEARING about it, before and after the theft occurred.

I wanted to see Mata Hari Jackie sneak in and pull this big heist off.

Of course, then they'd actually have to build a set and hire a couple of dayplayers.

Typical of Griffith's all-talk, no-action writing.

If I want, I can go read a book.

by Anonymousreply 141January 17, 2023 11:52 AM

R139 Oh yeah, because posters in DL soap threads are constantly being called out on their racism.

by Anonymousreply 142January 17, 2023 12:07 PM

Will Aunt "Cat Burgler" Jack still prance around on his moral high horse with Phyllis after committing grand larceny to protect known grifter Diane?

by Anonymousreply 143January 17, 2023 2:21 PM

Dear gawd in heaven.

They hire an older stud like James Hyde, but when Chance comes to search Jeremy's hotel room, they don't even have him shirtless, wrapped in a towel, and still dripping wet from his shower. Instead he's covered up in hotel robe.

I mean, Hyde may not have his "Sam Bennett" physique, but he's still a Hot Daddy.

This team doesn't know how to script sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 144January 17, 2023 9:48 PM

it's almost like they're tryingn to cancel the show but if they truly were I'd think they'd just start canning longtimers like meldoy and peter and eileen...(yeah, eileen's recurring but still)

it's awful; Bill's either laughing or crying up in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 145January 17, 2023 10:03 PM

Apparently the reason Zach Tinker is back on 1/25 is because a whole hour will be dedicated to Snoren Fenmore's 40 years on the show.

by Anonymousreply 146January 18, 2023 12:55 AM

I have never gotten the Tracy Bregman love. She has perpetual stink face, and she's a whiny snot like Melody T-S.

by Anonymousreply 147January 18, 2023 1:17 AM

They should get James into his skimpy wardrobe from his days touring as a dancer with Dead or Alive!

(He loses more clothing as the video goes on. 😉)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 18, 2023 1:51 AM

They should have killed off Lauren and Michael years ago, and had Fen take over with his Brazilian boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 149January 18, 2023 1:51 AM

As a Dead or Alive fan, I own that concert film at R148. It's a mashup of two concerts that occurred in Japan 1987. There are also some interesting outtakes included with the video filmed when they're not onstage. In one, the band is about to go onstage, and Pete mentions that it's "James birthday" implying he's got a very special 'gift' for him. The sexual innuendo is pretty obvious. Hyde worked with Pete in other projects besides this. You can spot him in other DOA music videos from the era.

by Anonymousreply 150January 18, 2023 7:06 PM

Before Jeremy is hauled off, he shouts: THIS IS A LOAD OF CRAP !!

Ha ha .. how true!

by Anonymousreply 151January 18, 2023 7:20 PM

R147, not the greatest actress but a sweetheart in real life.

The Lauren/Traci feud back in the day was huge.

by Anonymousreply 152January 18, 2023 7:50 PM

I think Lauren must be the character with the most crazy obsessive types out to kill her in the history of soaps .. lol.

Besides Sheila Carter more than once, she had Shawn Garrett, Rush Carerra, Shephyllis, Sarah Smythe, and Carmine Basco.

Traci should have just sat on her and made her implants explode.

by Anonymousreply 153January 18, 2023 8:24 PM

Many of these veteran characters who get little screen time had very well written, fun, storylines back in the day.

This show has taken so many missteps since then. Someone on another said thread mentioned the retconning of Jill and Katherine’s relationship. That’s a prime example. Phillip III’s return from the dead only to reveal he “died” rather than reveal he’s gay was another stink bomb.

by Anonymousreply 154January 19, 2023 12:25 AM

I gave MAB a pass on her Phillip is gay story, because something had to be done to undo Lathag's prior retcon that said Cane was the real PC3, and the the Phillip we'd known and seen Kay and Jill do battle over was just some anonymous baby. That was the real stink bomb.

by Anonymousreply 155January 19, 2023 2:51 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Nikki's 'stolen' necklace need to stay in evidence to nail the case against Stark? Aunt Jack said it would put back and Nikki wouldn't miss it. Chance's arrest of Stark was just as stupid, no handcuffs - I would have handcuffed Stark, lol - and he's just ushered out of his room. How are these charges supposed to stick? Who writes this shit??

by Anonymousreply 156January 19, 2023 2:57 AM

The search of Stark's room was stupid. If Chance doesn't have a partner yet, then he should have grabbed a uniformed police officer to go with him. Not only that, police don't just go to a hotel like the Grand Phoenix without first checking in with hotel security and notifying them of what they're doing on the premises with someone from that office accompanying them to the guest's room.

Of course, maybe making Chance look dumb and not following protocol was written on purpose and will be what leads to Stark being released.

by Anonymousreply 157January 19, 2023 3:08 AM

You're both absolutely correct, r156 and r157, but if today is the last time we lay eyes and ears on James Hyde, all is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 158January 19, 2023 3:11 AM

This is the worst Y&R has ever been.

Then again, writing JT as a wife-beater was pretty dumb.

by Anonymousreply 159January 19, 2023 4:31 AM

Being married to Vic-Snoria would turn almost anyone into a wife beater

by Anonymousreply 160January 19, 2023 2:20 PM

But JT in a wife beater and tight white Polo briefs would be just fine!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 161January 19, 2023 2:25 PM

Can CH go back to B&B? What’s this Sally obsession?

by Anonymousreply 162January 19, 2023 3:29 PM

[quote]JT in a wife beater and tight white Polo briefs

Lose the wife beater. Just the briefs. Whose idiocy was responsible for getting rid of JT? I'd long since given up on the show by then.

by Anonymousreply 163January 19, 2023 4:12 PM

Killing off Colleen, and then destroying JT to prop up Ictoria and Victor was just looney.

by Anonymousreply 164January 19, 2023 4:18 PM

Heather and Lucy are coming to Genoa City for a visit.

Does this mean we will also get to see Heather's dad, Paul?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 19, 2023 4:20 PM

[quote] Whose idiocy was responsible for getting rid of JT? I'd long since given up on the show by then.

Luckingbill only came back for that abuse story. (Boy's got bigger and better things to do than this silly soap.) .. As I recall, I believe he said something about the dark nature of it is why he signed on for Mal Young's story. He wanted to play something different.

At least JT's volatility, anger, and violence was explained by his brain injury that occurred when he was previously electrocuted. That fit with past story. And after it was all over and he'd had the surgery, he didn't try to excuse-away what he'd done. Instead, JT returned to his more 'noble' persona and simply plead guilty without trial, accepting his prison sentence.

I hope JT has found a hot twink at Walworth.

by Anonymousreply 166January 19, 2023 5:22 PM

edit ^ Luckinbill

by Anonymousreply 167January 19, 2023 5:23 PM

I just saw Bloom on a repeat of her season of Vanderpump Rules. I figured she was done after that.

by Anonymousreply 168January 19, 2023 6:23 PM

It was pretty obvious that something was going on with Bloom towards the end of her run on Y&R. And then her sudden dismissal was odd with her agent making some (excuse) statement.

Her admission on Vanderpump Rules of being a total cokehead while on Y&R explained a lot.

But it's not like this soap is unwilling to give actors who have gone to rehab and are sober a second chance. Look at Wilma Jeanne.

by Anonymousreply 169January 19, 2023 7:15 PM

[quote] Does this mean we will also get to see Heather's dad, Paul?

They'll probably just do the same thing they did when Danny recently visited, where it was mentioned that "Paul and Christine were on ski trip," then Danny asked about Paul when he met Cricket.

IOW, they might just have Heather meet with Daniel to discuss the status of their relationship (i.e. he's not planning on returning to Savannah) and to drop off Lucy. Then, Heather will say something about having dinner with Paul & Christine before she leaves town.

The next time we see Heather, it will probably by at Lucy's wedding or Paul's memorial service.

by Anonymousreply 170January 19, 2023 8:03 PM

Would Doug Davidson do a one or two day return? My understanding is he won’t.

by Anonymousreply 171January 19, 2023 10:25 PM

The scene I want to see is Heather walking into Society, seeing Adam at the bar, then going over to him asking, "Fuck any hot Latinboyz lately?"

Bonus points if the bartender that day is a sexy Cuban who looks over and licks his lips.

by Anonymousreply 172January 19, 2023 11:45 PM

Doesn't he have a different face from the last time she saw him? (Literally....wasn't that the whole thing with Justin H's Adam?)

by Anonymousreply 173January 19, 2023 11:52 PM

Some women had a meltdown over Adam sleeping with Rafe to keep him from blabbing some secret of Adam's that Rafe had come upon.

Meltdown. He wouldn't do that!

I tried to say he was so Machievellian that he would have done anything!

But he's not gay!

Ok, I said; So, he's straight so...he'd sleep with Esther?

"Well, no, he wouldn't do that."

by Anonymousreply 174January 20, 2023 5:23 AM

R173 When you have an ex-fiancé who's been presumed dead no less than three times since you last dated him - yet somehow keeps coming back to life - you might check his social media from time-to-time .. lol.

by Anonymousreply 175January 20, 2023 6:28 AM

This Jeremy Stark/jewelry theft story is one of the worst things I've ever witnessed on daytime. I'd rather revisit the reliquary.

by Anonymousreply 176January 20, 2023 4:59 PM

LOL it really is. It's like it was concocted by a fifth grader. Sally being pregnant is a close second.

by Anonymousreply 177January 20, 2023 7:09 PM

From Next Week's Preview ....

So who's the hot blond guy accompanying FenMo at Lauren's party?

Is Fen going to take the opportunity to introduce everyone to his boyfriend at the gathering?

And is that Corbin Fisher Tripp from DOOL? He looks like Lucas Adams.

I made a gif and slowed it down. Click for full-screen to show him standing to the left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 20, 2023 8:19 PM

I don't recognize that set. Did they build it special so Chapman could chew it to sawdust on her one-day appearance?

by Anonymousreply 179January 20, 2023 8:27 PM

R179 I think the set is basically the Grand Phoenix reception area, perhaps scaled back and/or shot from a different perspective. You can tell that the fireplace and several decorative elements are the same. See old photo below. Once Phyllis left the hotel biz and after Noah's Glam Club opened, some were wondering if that set was still going to be around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 20, 2023 8:58 PM

Thanks R180 . That photo really captures the current essence of Stafford's Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 181January 20, 2023 9:07 PM

Looking at some screen caps of FenMo's return, the other guy isn't Lucas Adams.

But he is cute, and that suit coat they have him in is totally gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 20, 2023 10:14 PM

Instead of shirtless Jeremy we get Aunt Jack in bed with Dianejenkins.

I wonder if he took his sock garters off?

by Anonymousreply 183January 21, 2023 2:03 AM

The torrid romance of Jack and Diane will save the show!!!

by Anonymousreply 184January 21, 2023 2:06 AM

Peter Bergman will be 70 this year and I swear the show writes for him like he's still 50.

by Anonymousreply 185January 21, 2023 2:56 AM

they're wrapping up this Jeremy Stark, for lack of a better word, 'story, like the last 90 seconds of a Charlie's Angels episode.

I half expect to see David Doyle pop up and say, 'Our client, the real victim in all this is, is very pleased you for bringing her sister's killer to justice.'

Cut to Kris and Tiffany nodding. Kelly forces a half smile.

by Anonymousreply 186January 21, 2023 3:35 AM

Who will be the next fifty/sixty something actor dragged onto the show? I mean, TSJ is staying put so far but Burgi/Newman and James Hyde were in and out.

by Anonymousreply 187January 21, 2023 3:56 AM

Chance lamenting the case to Sharon in the coffee shop has me thinking this isn't over.

How irresponsible and criminal for Jack to set up Jeremy that way. Dude hadn't done anything (yet).

Maybe Will deVries will come on. I heard he screen-tested for Cutter or is it Tucker? against Hyde and Trevor SJ.

by Anonymousreply 188January 21, 2023 4:01 AM

They need to rehier me to tayke the show bak to Nuwber 1!!111

by Anonymousreply 189January 21, 2023 4:23 AM

Y&R did not become No. 1 until I was playing Jill.

by Anonymousreply 190January 21, 2023 5:11 AM

Just think! If Aunt Jack gets arrested for framing Jeremy, he can go to jail and give us his best Susan Hayward from "I Want to Live!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2023 8:05 AM

I'll laugh if FenMo comes home with a boyfriend when it should've been Noah first, and after Rikaart has been asking for Kevin to be gay for years.

by Anonymousreply 192January 21, 2023 9:43 AM

I only remember Rikaart suggesting Kevin go gay when the "Harder" material was playing, since he and Chris McKenna had obvious screen chemistry and viewers could imagine Detective Harding pounding Fish's ass. Beyond that interlude, I've always found him very supportive of his female pairings, especially with Emily O'Brien (Jana) and Liz Hendrickson (Chloe).

I still remember this pretty hot slash fiction entry for Harding and Fish. I sort of imagined their hook-up the same way .. lol .. but someone did a really good job of at writing the scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 21, 2023 10:43 AM

How did the show get rid of Chris McKenna’s character? He’s an actor I’ve always liked since his Joey Buchanan days on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 194January 21, 2023 12:34 PM

I think they made him a serial killer. I'm sure Paul Williams shot him up real good.

by Anonymousreply 195January 21, 2023 2:25 PM

In the old days, if a performer popped on screen and jazzed up interest, they'd make room for them on the canvas.

The issue with Y&R is that they won't do that any more, because one of the ancients might get offended the new star is taking their shine. So it will remain a dishwater dull rehash of what has been said before.

Chris McKenna should have had a three year run, but instead, the minute he started to spark onscreen, they made him a killer. No wonder soaps are dying.

by Anonymousreply 196January 21, 2023 2:36 PM

Have the lezzies adopted a kid yet? THAT is the storyline that will bring in viewers by the millions!

by Anonymousreply 197January 21, 2023 3:10 PM

Sharon Case's latest face leads me to believe she has one of those "no grandchildren" clauses in her contract.

by Anonymousreply 198January 21, 2023 4:01 PM

Lucky for Sharon and Melody....two talent free cunts who nevertheless have parlayed their utter lack of measurable talent into 30+ year runs on the top rated soap.

by Anonymousreply 199January 21, 2023 4:27 PM

As if we didn't see this coming.....Victor blackmails Jack into firing Adam when he realizes Jack and Diane did the necklace heist. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

by Anonymousreply 200January 21, 2023 6:46 PM

A third-grader could figure out who did the necklace heist.

by Anonymousreply 201January 21, 2023 7:01 PM

Did everyone catch Miss Connor getting sassy with Johnny? She was making fun of him for being an old, just like a DL'er.

by Anonymousreply 202January 21, 2023 7:05 PM

That's "Crystal" Connor to you, grampie!

by Anonymousreply 203January 21, 2023 7:08 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 204January 21, 2023 10:22 PM

I hope Cricket remembers to tell Society to serve Spare Ribs & Sauerkraut at Paul's wake.

by Anonymousreply 205January 22, 2023 1:24 AM

They need to bring ME back! I'll take the show BACK to Number 1!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 22, 2023 1:36 AM

When Kevin pulled some shit and was going o be locked up overnight in holding, McKenna played Harding so tenderly towards Kevin; don't worry, he said. I told the guards to look out for you.

I imagine there was some fan fiction where Kevin's about to be raped and Harding comings in and saves him the way Victor did Nick from Shark.

by Anonymousreply 207January 22, 2023 4:09 AM

The only time I liked Kevin was with Harding. So stupid they didn't go there. Then to make Harding the killer....stupid. That was 10 years ago????

by Anonymousreply 208January 22, 2023 5:24 AM

He was - well, is - so, so fucking hot.

But like I said, anyone who isn't one of the Ancient Six is used up and tossed out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 22, 2023 1:46 PM

Which ones are the ancient six?

by Anonymousreply 210January 22, 2023 1:54 PM

Hans and Melody

Aunt Jack and Staff

and

Josh M and Sharon. (I suppose we could make it seven and include Boretoria).

by Anonymousreply 211January 22, 2023 1:57 PM

It would have made perfect sense, if Harding had just been one of those gay guys who are 'out' in their personal life, but don't discuss their sexuality at work, especially since he was a police officer.

And they had the perfect set-up for Kevin to discover this when they wrote that little bit about Harding having asked Fish to take care of his pet, "Roscoe," while he was out of town.

Kevin later reported to The Scooby Gang that he thought Roscoe was going to be something like a Doberman or python, but that's when we learned Roscoe had turned out to be - surprise! - a cute little bunny rabbit.

Not only that, but Roscoe also turned out to be a "she," and to Harding's surprise, had baby bunnies while he was gone. .. There were jokes made about this, including something about Harding being confused about the female of the species and his general ignorance about women. .. Noah even snarked to Harding that perhaps his unseen girlfriend named "Lonnie" - who apparently had just dumped the dateless detective - had turned out to be a guy. .. Hmmm.

Instead of that lameness, they should have shown Kevin go to Harding's apartment -- a fashionably-appointed abode, no less! .. And while he was taking care of Roscoe, done some typical Kevin-like snooping around.

That's when Kevin would come across items that made Harding's sexuality perfectly clear: perhaps a framed photo of the gay rugby team that he played for when he lived in Chicago .. a copy of Mark Perry's gay superhero novel, "Hero," on the bookshelf (with an inscription and a "Love Always" from another guy) .. a colorful assortment of designer jockstraps in his dresser drawer .. and that tub of Boy Butter in the nightstand along with several classic DVDs from Raging Stallion, Falcon, and Titan Men studios. .. And right when Kevin is holding the copy of "Trespass 2," Harding would come home early asking. "Wanna watch that one with me, Fish? You might learn a thing or two."

And of course, post-sex, we'd learn Mark asked Kevin to go to his apartment and take care of Roscoe on purpose. .. This was his plan all along.

by Anonymousreply 212January 22, 2023 10:05 PM

I liked that Chris McKenna is not pretty boy handsome, but ruggedly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 213January 22, 2023 10:21 PM

Love that R212. It would have hooked me. I can't stand that she-bitch Kevin is married to on the show.

by Anonymousreply 214January 23, 2023 12:08 AM

Chris McKenna showed peen in KING OF THE ANTS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215January 23, 2023 12:34 AM

ass too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 23, 2023 12:35 AM

GIF...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 23, 2023 12:37 AM

he's just a GUY, a MAN...Big loss to Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 218January 23, 2023 1:55 AM

[quote] I can't stand that she-bitch Kevin is married to on the show.

It's my understanding that Kevin and the she-bitch aren't actually married.

Recall, Kevin & Chloe married, divorced .. married, divorced .. and were about to get married for the THIRD time, when it was discovered that Chloe had murdered Adam. She ran off in her wedding dress before the ceremony got started. .. Then, after they faked Chloe's own death with her becoming "Helen Jones", we saw Kevin propose to "Helen," but he added that they couldn't actually get married, because it would be too risky.

I believe they just cohabitate, and unless they've mentioned getting hitched in some throwaway line, we've never seen a Wedding No. 3. And looking at them in a screen cap from next week's party for Lauren, I notice that neither of them are wearing wedding rings.

Perhaps there's hope for Kevin yet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 23, 2023 6:04 AM

The guy walking in with FenMo at Lauren's Gayla is actor, Julian Larach.

His character is being identified by Soap Opera Digest as an employee of Lauren's named "Trey."

As seen below, Mr. Larach's Instagram is gayer than Gay Gayerson. This photo was tagged San Francisco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 23, 2023 8:35 AM

Having fun in Provincetown....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 23, 2023 8:38 AM

Okay, I was trying to figure out why this guy has over 81K followers on IG.

Turns out he is or was a go-go boy in San Francisco. He also does massage out of WeHo.

There's a 14 page thread on him at [L P S G].

There's clips that posters say are of him getting pounded in other guys' OF videos (face not shown) .

He seems to have a lot of fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 23, 2023 11:02 AM

LeBlanc thought it was BYO rent boy to work day.

by Anonymousreply 223January 23, 2023 11:26 AM

Excellent video of his go-go dancing skills. Shake dat ass!

Maybe he'll dance for Lauren at the par-tay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 23, 2023 6:51 PM

The walk through on Y&R was probably the most dignified work he's done in five years.

by Anonymousreply 225January 23, 2023 7:17 PM

Maybe he can bring some of his 203,000 TikTok followers to Y&R to boost the ratings.

Video about his twin brother...lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 23, 2023 9:24 PM

[quote]LeBlanc thought it was BYO rent boy to work day.

Bring Your Own Rent Boy to Work Day is something I can get behind!

by Anonymousreply 227January 23, 2023 9:38 PM

If Chrissy were paying, the guy would be an Alpha (more along the lines of Carrigan, Paevey, Dapper, Vaughan or Palmer-Watkins).

by Anonymousreply 228January 23, 2023 10:21 PM

Devon is a remarkably unlikable character. Please someone make this character a pauper. These 'business' people on the show are a joke. Abby? She is just as unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 229January 24, 2023 4:59 PM

I'm watching, too, R229 , and it's pretty fucking bad.

by Anonymousreply 230January 24, 2023 5:17 PM

Dull as Devon is, he’s right about this IPO nonsense with Jill.

by Anonymousreply 231January 24, 2023 5:50 PM

Jill is another one. Hairdresser to CEO, that happens all the time. Someone with Jill's high school education couldn't read a balance sheet.

by Anonymousreply 232January 24, 2023 6:35 PM

It was way back in 1980 when Steve Williams suggested to Jill Foster that she use her practical skills and experience from working at Hazel's Beauty Salon and co-managing The Golden Comb with Derek Thurston that she go and apply for a job at Jabot Cosmetics. (Original John and his cosmetics company had just been introduced.)

Jill was able to convince the stuffy old fart that her prior jobs had given her a real-life insight on what women wanted when it came to their makeup and how they wanted to look. John went on to hire Jill as some kind of lower-level marketing assistant where she then gained more on-the-job experience.

Also, RealJack didn't work at the company. Jill learned that John had always hoped his playboy, tennis-bum son would clean up his act and come work at the company, so that he could assume the mantle one day. This was his dream, not Jack's. .. It was actually Jill who sought Jack out and convinced him to come work at Jabot to make his father happy. At the start, Jack only agreed to do this, because he thought he could start something up with Jill, and of course, there were also the bevy of models the company hired. .. Jill took her work at Jabot seriously, while Jack was just there for fun and games.

by Anonymousreply 233January 24, 2023 7:38 PM

Soaps went to business stories to compete with Dallas and Dynasty, but they never came back.

by Anonymousreply 234January 24, 2023 8:00 PM

Spaulding and Lewis business stories could make me stop watching GL for weeks back in the '80s and '90s. I didn't really give a fuck who owned more shares in either company.

by Anonymousreply 235January 24, 2023 8:10 PM

They never knew how to tell business stories well, either, because none of the writers knew a damn thing about how business runs. Poor old Jabot got taken over so many times it was the Brooke Logan of corporations. Look at Succession. Business stories can be exciting dramas, but not on soaps. Granted, it's B team talent so it's unfair to expect much of them.

by Anonymousreply 236January 24, 2023 8:38 PM

Bill Bell relied on business stories more than any other HW.

Bell could write some excellent business stories, as well as some clunkers. But when the were good, they could be great. Some the Newman and Jabot stories could be quite compelling. Others left me rolling my eyes.

Conversely, Agnes Nixon couldn't do business stories. All of the business stories on AMC between Courtlandt Electronics and Chandler Enterprises were ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 237January 24, 2023 8:52 PM

I would suggest a business storyline where we see FenMo begin a relationship with Lauren's assistant, Trey,

But after Fen & Trey have been fucking for awhile, Fen learns that Trey has been forging department store purchase orders for men's high-end, designer underwear and jockstraps. .. Apparently, Trey has two muscle studs on Fenmore's loading dock who intercept these shipments. These are then funneled to Trey's network of international Instahos who sell the purloined undergear on the black market at deeply-discounted prices.

FenMo is then left with the dilemma as to whether to tell Lauren what he's discovered about Trey's illegal operations or just try to ignore it because he's fallen for bad boy Trey. .. As we know, Fen himself is no saint, and going on all-expense paid holidays with Trey to places like Fire Island, Provincetown, South Beach, Tel Aviv, Mykonos, Ibiza, Rio, etc. etc. etc. where all of Trey's sales operatives are located has been quite a bit of fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 24, 2023 9:15 PM

Some of the 80s/early 90s business stories were compelling or captivating. The original Jack vs Victor Jabot vs Newman was exciting. It's just lost its flavor the other 893,567,109 times Y&R did that story over and over.

Phillip taking over Spaulding to punish Alan was glorious. But GL also did the "control of the company" so many times. When teen mom/cop Harley became CEO, no one believed it or cared.

By then most shows were locked into what they're locked into now....pulling logs off the wall to burn them for a brief boost, not paying any mind to the house crumbling around them.

by Anonymousreply 239January 24, 2023 9:59 PM

Brooke's takeover of Forrester was brilliant; she'd been dumped by Ridge; ERic wasn't an option; Stephanie was threatening her.

Taking the company was sweet justice.

GL had Kyle take over Lewis Oil so Billy bet the whole company on one oil well coming through, which it failed to do by minutes....

At a big blowout, Reva, whom Billy banned from the company because he thought she'd eff it up, proclaimed, "I wouldn't have bet the entire company on one cockamamie oil well!"

by Anonymousreply 240January 24, 2023 10:02 PM

[quote]Some of the 80s/early 90s business stories were compelling or captivating. The original Jack vs Victor Jabot vs Newman was exciting. It's just lost its flavor the other 893,567,109 times Y&R did that story over and over.

This. Once Bill got the dementia and the writing passed to a series of talents in descent, yeah, been there too many times.

by Anonymousreply 241January 24, 2023 11:01 PM

SPOILER ... well, not really since it seemed obvious just from the preview ....

Just watched the Canadian day-ahead, and yes indeed, Trey is FenMo's BOYFRIEND. (Trey refers to Fen as "the man I love".)

Trey is a buyer at Fenmore's in Nashville. Michael and Lauren know about their son's relationship, but have never met Trey.

Trey considers Lauren an "icon," and is hoping to hear her more about her life. This is the jumping off point for Lauren to recount her character's last 40 years in Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 242January 24, 2023 11:15 PM

FenMo gets to live his gay life offscreen. This show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 243January 25, 2023 8:29 AM

UGH, I can see it ALL now. "Ohmygawd, you are such an ICON. I just LURVE everything you do. Tell me EVERYTHING" while tripping over purses the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 244January 25, 2023 11:08 AM

She’s basically transformed her face but Tracey really does look great.

by Anonymousreply 245January 25, 2023 4:35 PM

Bregman does look great. This episode, despite the shoddy narrative, is really fun, watching the flashbacks. I started watching Y&R because of Lauren being buried alive (I loved that over the top soap shit) and stayed through the Sheila years. It sucks to be reminded how compelling it was, and how lame and boring it has become.

by Anonymousreply 246January 25, 2023 5:00 PM

Sheila made me go away from the show for years.

by Anonymousreply 247January 25, 2023 5:03 PM

[quote] Bregman does look great.

Just don't touch. Something might crack.

by Anonymousreply 248January 25, 2023 6:01 PM

Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 249January 25, 2023 6:25 PM

I had forgotten what a chipmunk face Lauren used to have

by Anonymousreply 250January 25, 2023 6:34 PM

[quote] I had forgotten what a chipmunk face Lauren used to have.

Those HUGE front teeth!

by Anonymousreply 251January 25, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote] She’s basically transformed her face but Tracey really does look great.

Her face isn't the only thing she transformed. I think she went from a B to an F-cup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 25, 2023 7:31 PM

I recall when she played Don Craig's teenage daughter, Donna, on Days in the late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 253January 25, 2023 7:39 PM

***SPOILER***

I loved her as the killer in Happy Birthday To Me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254January 25, 2023 7:50 PM

Tracey as Donna Temple Craig on Days of Our Lives, circa 1979, when she was 16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255January 25, 2023 8:11 PM

Unlike Dee, Tracey wore the ribbon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256January 25, 2023 8:24 PM

[quote]Unlike Dee, Tracey wore the ribbon.

Pod people.

by Anonymousreply 257January 25, 2023 8:31 PM

Dee's old snatch can play my grandmother!

by Anonymousreply 258January 25, 2023 8:32 PM

It must have been strange for Donna Temple Craig to have a step-mother who was younger than her.

No wonder she was a troubled teen!

by Anonymousreply 259January 25, 2023 8:36 PM

Oh goodie! .. Another sex scene between Aunt Jack and Dianejenkins. .. Gag.

I was hoping to see Fen & Trey make use of a bathroom stall at The Glam Club.

by Anonymousreply 260January 25, 2023 10:30 PM

R242 R243 Did Fen ever come out onscreen, or did they are least drop hints that he may be at the very least bisexual? I don't watch everyday however I don't recall anything in reference to him being gay, not even a mention. I like it except I feel we got cheated out of a good coming out story.

by Anonymousreply 261January 25, 2023 10:45 PM

Fen didn’t come out onscreen. The actor actually only appeared in a handful of episodes back when they brought him on.

by Anonymousreply 262January 25, 2023 10:55 PM

R262 I didn't think so lol even though I sometimes take breaks from Y&R, I follow along with the storylines and I would've remembered him having a coming out story. If I'm not mistaken I think he was involved with Tessa's younger sister during his last brief stint, or they were hinting at a possible interest between them?

by Anonymousreply 263January 25, 2023 11:16 PM

I liked this episode mostly to see the clip of when Y&R was actually good

by Anonymousreply 264January 25, 2023 11:32 PM

[quote] I like it except I feel we got cheated out of a good coming out story.

A coming out story for FenMo would be quite boring, since NO ONE in The Baldwin-Fisher family would care.

I don't see any "story" beyond a 15 second scene:

MICHAEL >> That's my boy!!

LAUREN >> So Fen, exactly how many of my hot male buyers have you been fucking? .. Did you ever get with Landon in Chicago?

GLORIA >> Well, with a name like "Fenmore," it always seemed like Divine Providence! .. Plus, John would have wanted it that way.

CHLOE >> Seriously, Gloria! .. That's why Kevin and I named our son "Miles."

KEVIN >> If not me, then at least we're keeping it in the family! .. Are they serving munchies at this shindig?

by Anonymousreply 265January 25, 2023 11:33 PM

We need more JaBottom

by Anonymousreply 266January 25, 2023 11:43 PM

[quote] We need more JaBottom .. face down, ass up.

FIXED.

by Anonymousreply 267January 25, 2023 11:54 PM

R265 You have a point 😆 except I think it could've made it interesting by having Fen struggling to accept his sexuality, not necessarily his family or friends having difficulty with it. When Fen was his a teenager he seemed somewhat moody and at times withdrawn so they could've drawn from that, by having him explain how he always felt that he could be gay however he was repressing his feelings for other guys.

by Anonymousreply 268January 25, 2023 11:56 PM

JaBottom and Fen should end up together

by Anonymousreply 269January 25, 2023 11:58 PM

Lachlan Buchanan brought Kyle the gay. He was the real JaBottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270January 26, 2023 12:04 AM

Meant to say "when Fen was a teenager" lol I wonder if they made the decision based on him playing Sonny on DOOL...it would be nice to see Fen and Trey regularly however Y&R has downplayed male on male relationships (like Adam's bisexuality or gay-for-pay situation) in favor of lesbians like Mariah and Tessa. Fen and Trey's smush name could be Frey or Ten lol

by Anonymousreply 271January 26, 2023 12:05 AM

I bet Lachlan has a pretty hole.

And daddy JT should have opened Kyle's hole up and slammed it deep.

by Anonymousreply 272January 26, 2023 12:06 AM

There's another gay man in Genoa City? FINALLY!

Maybe I should drop by to see Chance and scope out the scene.

by Anonymousreply 273January 26, 2023 12:08 AM

R272 JT Hellstrom?

by Anonymousreply 274January 26, 2023 12:08 AM

Are there other JTs in Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 275January 26, 2023 12:11 AM

R275 I'm not sure that's why I'm asking. There was another John besides John Abbott, who were actually both onscreen at the same time, so just wanted to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 276January 26, 2023 1:22 AM

JT = Jeffrey Todd Helstrom

by Anonymousreply 277January 26, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote] Lachlan Buchanan brought Kyle the gay. He was the real JaBottom.

Rather funny, though, that while Lachlan is openly gay, his Kyle didn't scream gay like JaBottom.

by Anonymousreply 278January 26, 2023 1:39 AM

[quote]Rather funny, though, that while Lachlan is openly gay, his Kyle didn't scream gay like JaBottom.

I completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 279January 26, 2023 1:45 AM

Something about Michael Mealor’s mouth just screams that he gives good head (to men).

by Anonymousreply 280January 26, 2023 10:51 AM

More shirtless JaBottom! More shirtless JaBottom!

by Anonymousreply 281January 26, 2023 11:15 AM

He sucks good and swallows too!

Ahem....so I hear.

by Anonymousreply 282January 26, 2023 1:45 PM

Now that Summer is being played by an out actress, they should refashion Kyle's relationship with his wife and reveal it to be an open, double-lavender marriage with a simple don't-ask-don't-tell policy.

by Anonymousreply 283January 26, 2023 8:55 PM

Do Hans and JaBottom get along behind the scenes?

by Anonymousreply 284January 26, 2023 10:27 PM

Since JaBottom isn't one of The Newmans, he'd probably have to be there at least 10 years, before Hans didn't think he was some new hire whose name he should try to remember.

by Anonymousreply 285January 26, 2023 10:50 PM

When Aunt Jack and Hans' old bratwurst finally die off, I think the future of Y&R is JaBottom and Adam

by Anonymousreply 286January 26, 2023 11:19 PM

Does anybody actually like Nikki? Does she have any positive qualities?

by Anonymousreply 287January 26, 2023 11:23 PM

The previous Kyle, Lachlan Buichanan, once mentioned this about Hans in an interview:

[quote] I mean, Eric Braeden [Victor Newman] has been on the show for years, and he sometimes still stops and goes, "I forget, whose son are you again?" And I said, "Jack Abbott," and he goes, "Ah, right, right."

by Anonymousreply 288January 26, 2023 11:25 PM

Have Victor and Esther ever fucked?

by Anonymousreply 289January 26, 2023 11:30 PM

Nikki's most positive quality is that she can multi-task.

I once came home early from work and found her entertaining three guys at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 290January 26, 2023 11:32 PM

One of the all time greatest scenes in Y&R history is when Diane beat the crap out of Nikki in the Jabot boardroom.

by Anonymousreply 291January 26, 2023 11:34 PM

R291 I agree. And Diane banging Nikki's head on the table is priceless. ONE, TWO, THREE times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 26, 2023 11:42 PM

That was the best Diane - the OG!

by Anonymousreply 293January 26, 2023 11:44 PM

The Cast Photo for the 50th Anniversary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 26, 2023 11:56 PM

Not the same without Granny Cooper

by Anonymousreply 295January 27, 2023 12:04 AM

r292 Why can't Diane smash Phyllis' head on a table? Or a rock? Or drown her in a lake? Or sic a pit bull on her?

by Anonymousreply 296January 27, 2023 12:08 AM

Yes, r296! We haven't had a good, no holds barred catfight in ages! They probably can't afford to break any props these days.

by Anonymousreply 297January 27, 2023 12:16 AM

[quote] They probably can't afford to break any props these days.

Or risk any of these women breaking a bone due to osteoporosis.

by Anonymousreply 298January 27, 2023 12:24 AM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 299January 27, 2023 12:27 AM

^ that one always makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 300January 27, 2023 12:45 AM

Seems like former stipper Nicki would know how to beat a bitch if she had to.

I get that Phyllis is terrible, but Diane is equally awful if not more so. Seeing her and Aunt Jack cuddled up in bed together makes me want to claw my eyes out.

by Anonymousreply 301January 27, 2023 1:13 AM

I've never seen "bad" Diane, and the actress is appealing in a way Phyllis/Michelle has never been. I really want someone to murder Phyllis. Or for her to be falsely accused of murdering someone and get the death penalty. I give her the finger when her slide comes up in the opening credits.

by Anonymousreply 302January 27, 2023 1:23 AM

It's funny to think that this thing between Jack and Diane has been going on now for over 40 years (1982). Original recipe Diane was the Jabot model that RealJack slept with from his bachelor party the night before he was to marry Patty Williams. Ashley found them in bed the next morning, and she and Diane had to drag his furry butt butt into the shower to try to sober him up before the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 303January 27, 2023 2:08 AM

R302, keep that finger happy. She's also the 'headless slut' who saunters down the hallway at the end of the credits.

Ironic -- she was there the whole time Gina played Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 304January 27, 2023 5:32 AM

Lanier was smart to casually come out like that.

If they can her, the press will be horrible.

But in the new cast photo she's up in the upper right corner by herself; they could crop her out and no one would notice.

by Anonymousreply 305January 27, 2023 5:34 AM

It's hard to believe, that with a cast that size, how very little happens on this show. I'm sure Y&R is still pulling most of their numbers from the nursing home crowd. I wonder how many code blues were charted when Fen came out on Wednesday?

by Anonymousreply 306January 27, 2023 8:55 AM

Hunter King will be back, it is inevitable. The nuSummer is too nice, she lacks the snootiness Summer inherited from Granny Nikki. Speaking of which, since Summer claims Weird Science Harrison as her 'son' - does Nikki see him as her great grandchild?

by Anonymousreply 307January 27, 2023 10:35 AM

Was Nikki created to be a snob? Or is it a result of acting choices by MTS?

by Anonymousreply 308January 27, 2023 10:47 AM

You're assuming MTS can act, R308 .

by Anonymousreply 309January 27, 2023 10:50 AM

I never thought MTS could act, r309. But her character is also so damn unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 310January 27, 2023 11:16 AM

They don't call her Melody Thomas Snott for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 311January 27, 2023 11:35 AM

I really like Lanier in the role. I just wish they’d give her something to do. I always felt Hunter was overrated as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 312January 27, 2023 1:40 PM

I like NuSummer much better. Hunter always came off as trashy no matter how they styled her. The whole thing with Summer calling the Child of the Corn her "son" is a little odd. It's like the writers want us to forget that Tara even existed.

by Anonymousreply 313January 27, 2023 1:58 PM

Hunter does have TPF (Trailer Park Face).

by Anonymousreply 314January 27, 2023 2:16 PM

Hunter was quite good when she debuted in 2012. Really outstanding in that storyline about bullying Jamie (?). That was one of the best teen storylines I’ve ever seen.

Was Josh Griffin HW for that?

by Anonymousreply 315January 27, 2023 4:55 PM

We see little to no aspects of anyone's internal life, or any yearnings they might have. They're just plastic dolls that are wound up to smash into one another.

by Anonymousreply 316January 27, 2023 4:57 PM

R307, all future grand, great and great-great-grandchildren of Nikki and Victor's will refer to them not as granny, poppa, nan, or anything other than:

"Victor" and "Nikki"

by Anonymousreply 317January 27, 2023 5:05 PM

[quote] Hunter does have TPF (Trailer Park Face).

Lanier is a natural beauty.

Hunterr is already starting to look like her mother.

by Anonymousreply 318January 27, 2023 5:45 PM

Michelle's daughter on GH was played by an actress named Chloe Lanier, and now her daughter on Y&R is being played by another Lanier lol at first I thought they were related

by Anonymousreply 319January 27, 2023 5:54 PM

Noah calls Victor and Nikki "Grandpa" and "Grandma" all the time. And when Twink Reed and Faith were around, they did too.

by Anonymousreply 320January 27, 2023 5:55 PM

R315 Yes Josh Griffith was the hw when Hunter King first began. This was around the time they were shifting to him from Maria Arena Bell, Scott Hammer & Hogan Sheffer.

by Anonymousreply 321January 27, 2023 6:49 PM

R320 Do you remember when Nikki first became a grandmother and she wanted to be known as Nana? I guess the writers after that forgot to stay with it, unless they intentionally omitted it lol

by Anonymousreply 322January 27, 2023 6:52 PM

[quote] I always felt Hunter was overrated as an actress.

Hunter was okay, but after she booked that CBS prime time gig (Life In Pieces), McDaniel considered saw her as a *star." .. McDaniel was always trying to get actors from prime time cast on the soap, so she made sure Y&R did everything they could to accommodate HK doing both shows. As I recall, Mal Young had enough of that and eventually put a casting call out for a NuSummer, but McDaniel didn't want anyone else, and they ended up delaying story and leaving the role open until HK's prime time show went on hiatus at the end of the season. Once that happened, they played Summer almost every single day for a month or more since she was only going to be available for a short time. After the prime time show got canceled, she came back to Y&R full time. Lucky us.

by Anonymousreply 323January 27, 2023 6:54 PM

[quote] Yes Josh Griffith was the hw when Hunter King first began.

Right, and when JFP and Griffith came in (2012), they brought three of their actors over from the Nickelodeon telenovela, Hollywood Heights, that they'd just done for Sony. Hunter King and Melissa Boredway, as well as Robert Adamson to play Straight Noah, since MAB's planned gay storyline with Kevin Schmidt in the role needed to be completely erased.

by Anonymousreply 324January 27, 2023 7:01 PM

Somehow, "Grandma" and "Grandpa" just don't seem fitting for Eric Braeden and MTS. "Grandfather" and "Grandmother" seem more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 325January 27, 2023 7:20 PM

Oma and Opa!

by Anonymousreply 326January 27, 2023 7:23 PM

R324 Yes lol I was going to mention Jill being instrumental in bringing Hunter in from Hollywood Heights along with them except I didn't want to go on and on lol thanks

by Anonymousreply 327January 27, 2023 7:54 PM

It would make sense if the grand kids called them The Old Goat and Miss Piggy.

by Anonymousreply 328January 27, 2023 8:17 PM

I've met Jill and it's not that she's not nice or pleasant but I've never remotely liked any show she's ever producer.

SB -- wasn't a fan. It was soo much. I did like the shows last year with Rauch and Pam Long at the helm. I know that's verboten to say to true SB fans.

GL - started out okay but once she lost Kimberly and Beverlee (!!!) and Sherry and then chose to kill off Maureen, GL felt less like home. Bringing on Tangie and a host of other ex-SB actors was a big mistake.

AW - Frankie Frame. AW was not ER.

OLTL. I don't even remember it.

GH. All mobsters all the time. Frank saved that show from cancellation.

Y&R. She didn't know the history of the show. Brought Steve on and gave him too prominent a role. Painted Chancellor mansion gray.

There's nowhere for her to go except DAYS. If she goes there, she'll do her usual stuff. Big story for a few vets, bringing on some pals from other shows. Some critical acclaim but she robs shows of their identities.

by Anonymousreply 329January 27, 2023 9:36 PM

What's next for Hans' old sausage?

by Anonymousreply 330January 27, 2023 10:27 PM

Braden is still recovering from knee replacement surgery.

by Anonymousreply 331January 28, 2023 12:27 AM

JaBottom is the future of Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 332January 28, 2023 12:37 AM

R329 good summary.

She blandifies everything she touches into a somewhat dark, noirish bad B movie.

by Anonymousreply 333January 28, 2023 12:41 AM

I loved the mob aspect on GH but I know I’m in the minority. But decisions like killing off Alan Quartermaine was unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 334January 28, 2023 4:33 AM

Stuart went on to do guest spots, short runs on OLTL, DAYS (I think) and ATWT.

There's no reason he couldn't have been relegated to sitting behind Steve Hardy's old desk admonishing interns and do the Christmas prayer at the holidays for the sick kids.

They simply don't understand the value these type of characters have to fans.

by Anonymousreply 335January 28, 2023 4:38 AM

One thing Phelps wasn't was boring (until her Y&R stint, which I guess was because of SONY). I'm in no way an apologist, but we're still talking about the deaths of Frankie Frame and Maureen Bauer 24 and 30 years later, respectively. Her sweeps stunts were always well executed.

DAYS doesn't need her and couldn't afford her, or her vision.

by Anonymousreply 336January 28, 2023 9:08 AM

I didn't watch the entire episode. Did they show the scene where Lauren FINALLY apologizes to Tracey for all of her bullshit? It was about 7 or 8 years ago? I hadn't watched the show in forever but put it on one morning and it was THAT scene. It was touching.

OR was that a dream?

by Anonymousreply 337January 28, 2023 11:08 AM

[quote] Her sweeps stunts were always well executed.

Uh, ripping apart a show or murdering a much loved character isn't "well executed" story.

by Anonymousreply 338January 28, 2023 1:41 PM

"Well executed" might mean compelling story or heightened production values.

But being a "well executed" cunt comes naturally to you, R338.

by Anonymousreply 339January 28, 2023 2:12 PM

R339 Aw, its widdle feewings got hurt.

by Anonymousreply 340January 28, 2023 2:31 PM

Well sure. Stupid cunts always hurt people's feeling. That's why you do it.

by Anonymousreply 341January 28, 2023 2:37 PM

Anyway, back to ME!

by Anonymousreply 342January 28, 2023 3:06 PM

Brendad, stop fiddling with your vajeen.

by Anonymousreply 343January 28, 2023 3:08 PM

I indented home fryes but the Bowel Hollywould mafedora stole my padded.

by Anonymousreply 344January 28, 2023 3:11 PM

R336, people are still talking about the Titanic, too.

by Anonymousreply 345January 28, 2023 3:12 PM

That was my point too, R345, but our girl at R336 is a sensitive soul. Telling her the truth might hurt her feelings.

by Anonymousreply 346January 28, 2023 3:20 PM

Phelps was a short term fix. She ultimately ruined every show she touched. That was a weird thing about daytime. They kept recycling everybody. No matter how shit you were. You just had to get in. The longest she helmed a show was four years, the shortest a year (maybe less.) In fairness to her, those tenures are fairly consistent with most EPs. But I'd argue few left a show as consistently despised by fans as Phelps did or accused of such widespread vandalism to the fabric of the thing.

by Anonymousreply 347January 28, 2023 3:28 PM

JFP was at GH for a decade, r347.

by Anonymousreply 348January 28, 2023 7:36 PM

We have a JFP Lover Troll amongst us.

Must be the same sad, fat queen who was in The Locher Room the other day, making a fool of herself as everyone else watched the Maureen Bauer's death episodes.

by Anonymousreply 349January 28, 2023 7:45 PM

JFP's Cult Baby Retcon on Y&R -- which simply could not have happened based on what we saw -- just to shoehorn her boy, Steve Burton, into the canvas was just plain bad. .. I guess she thought by attaching "Dylan" to longtime vets, Nikki and Paul, viewers would be interested in the character, and this would provide Burton with some long-term job security being connected to them. .. Yet, how funny that after she was canned, he was one of the first to go.

by Anonymousreply 350January 28, 2023 7:55 PM

r349, I think his name there was Soapsuds12. He was losing his shit at Donna Shallotpeel, who also can't walk away from a fight. And yes, it was over Jilly. Donna was a great fan of the Midwestern Marvels. We used to fight constantly over whether Jake could actually have raped Marley.

by Anonymousreply 351January 28, 2023 11:38 PM

R337 of course not but one of the soap sites asked her about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352January 28, 2023 11:46 PM

R351 yes, he or she is one of the people our resident loon raves on about.

Oy vey. They're both looney tooney babooneys.

by Anonymousreply 353January 29, 2023 1:23 AM

R352 Thanks for finding that.

Now WHY the fuck wouldn't they include that in the Lauren retrospective? It was really touching. I forgot about the Danny shot as the scene faded. I guess it wasn't as monumental as I thought but that was a HUGE oversight considering the amount of "I'm no longer the CUNT I used to be" they were pouring on.

by Anonymousreply 354January 29, 2023 10:51 AM

R354 thanks...honestly, I'm amazed that they included as much as they did.

When Bill Bell ran Y&R employees stayed for a long, long time...often until they retired. Network execs and Sony execs were kind enough and SMART enough to leave the man alone and let him crank out the No. 1 show on daytime.

After Bill stepped down, CBS and Sony started putting their fingerprints all over the show. An ex-ABC exec came in and got the idea to do away with Bill's team that was left in place after he stepped down.

So...whoever put that decent tribute to Tracey/Lauren together probably never saw that scene or didn't think it was important because they never watched the show back then or back in the heyday.

The soap sites have people writing for them who really know the shows.

by Anonymousreply 355January 29, 2023 3:45 PM

that's actress Lee Bryant; she subbed for Anne Sward as Lyla on ATWT and I believe later was cast as Linc's mom.

Jimmy Wleck once had the hottest pecs in daytime.

by Anonymousreply 356January 29, 2023 4:13 PM

What annoys me about some daytime fans is the selective hating on certain behind the scenes people. If it's someone you like, when they screw up a show it is always someone else's fault why the show is a mess. And when it's someone they hate, it's always that person who is responsible for everything.

Like all soap execs, Jill has had some hits and she's had some misses. She's made mistakes, but it's hard not to make mistakes when you're running a soap opera. You can't possibly get it right every day. Except for comic books, it's the one form where the fans tend to know more than just about everyone else.

The thing most people don't know about Jill is that when she is brought on to a show, she is brought on for a specific reason. Usually, to do something that either the network or the production company wants done. And to her credit she does it. She's a company girl. And she's secure enough to take the hit for unpopular choices, that may or may not be her own.

The woman also has people she likes to work with. That is no crime in the entertainment industry, and they all do it. Jill may be a little more in your face about it, but they all do it.

I recently saw someone post that JFP hates Genie Francis. The truth is everybody hates Genie Francis.

Don't get me wrong, there are some genuine hacks in daytime. People who should not be allowed anywhere near these shows, that's not Jill.

by Anonymousreply 357January 29, 2023 4:14 PM

Hi Jill!!!

by Anonymousreply 358January 29, 2023 4:16 PM

I think spoilers ruined the soaps. There was just so much more excitement when you had no idea what certain characters were going to do. You had to tune in to find out.

by Anonymousreply 359January 29, 2023 4:17 PM

r359

I vividly remember going to get the new SOD on a Wednesday(you used to be able to buy the new SOD on Wednesdays, now it's Thursday) and seeing Marlena on the cover as the Salem Slasher WTF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 29, 2023 4:29 PM

In 2004, the web was alive and well and there were still a few other magazines -- Weekly, In Depth...that might have been it, actually. and even tho SOD and Weekly were the same company and In Depth didn't really cover DAYS at that point, Digest HAD to spoil the ending.

The issue came out like 12 days before the reveal, I recall.

R357, Jill got hired at Y&R b/c an old pal of hers from Santa Barbara is a mucky muck at Sony and didn't like Maria, who was not the best person in charge.

ANYONE can come into a show and clean house, cut the budget, fix the mess that was left behind -- but the real question is what's the show going to look like in six months?

Jill did not know the history of Y&R and it showed; there's no way that Nikki and Paul could have had a baby but Steve B had to be shoehorned into the show no matter what. After Jeanne died and Katherine's death was written into the show, we should have gotten Kay's heirs in that mansion; have Jill move in. Keep Esther. Keep the place ALIVE. Have Mac and Devon compete for some kind of running of Chancellor position or whoever delivers an heir...whatever....SOMETHING.

You are correct in that the name of the other person who hires friends is EVERYONE. That's true in show biz. But when you're entrusted to continue the legacy of a show, you should try to continue it -- not just hire your pals and leave it a mess.

And not everyone hates Genie. Frank doesn't. Genie seems really happy at GH now. She said as much at a recent press conference for mainstream media.

by Anonymousreply 361January 29, 2023 4:50 PM

Oh, and to Jill's credit, I don't think she hates Genie. I heard she recommended Genie enter Supporting Actress back in 2007 so that she'd win -- which she did.

Plus, let's face it, Jill did GH and the fans and Genie a favor by letting her go at Y&R. It brought her back to Port Charles -- where she belongs.

by Anonymousreply 362January 29, 2023 5:06 PM

I liked JFP better than MAB

by Anonymousreply 363January 29, 2023 5:07 PM

Maria was her own best character.

She couldn't see the Forrest for the trees.

What every regime is guilty of, those who have a basic understanding of the show, is that they ignore what came before them if they didn't see it or like it. Maria wrote that Phillip faked his death to go live the gay life in Australia.

Okay, here's what that didn't work. Phillip gave up Cricket and wed Nina, the mother of his child, because he had no father. Cricket, who grew up without a dad herself, was on board. Why would Phillip walk out on Nina? There was no hint that he was gay. And he didn't come back when Nina was on trial for shooting David?

God bless him, the actor who played Phillip couldn't act. He couldn't articulate. He couldn't make a choice, deliver, and be believable.

Bill killed him off for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 364January 29, 2023 5:11 PM

[quote]Jill did not know the history of Y&R and it showed

Most of them don't. You are not going to find anyone working in daytime who knows the history of these shows, like the fans do. The people who write and produce these shows do not have the investment in these shows that the fans do. They are just trying to produce 250 episodes a year and not make too many changes to alienate what little remaining audience they have.

And when the show brought someone back who was supposed to know the history, they were immediately let go because they couldn't sustain the ratings. Because, the Y&R that some people claim they want, is really not the Y&R they want. But we could go back and forth about that all day.

And I stand by my statement about Genie Francis.

by Anonymousreply 365January 29, 2023 5:18 PM

R365, Doug Marland knew the history of shows; he had Marie Masters back for ATWT's 30th and as soon as he could he brought her back.

Nothing is stopping from hiring people who know the shows. ATWT turned into Port Charles when Herring, Damon, Shriner, Lindstrom, and Pinson and probably some others popped up in Oakdale.

I don't get this 'oh, well, they don't know the history of the shows...what can you do?'

No. That's an easy out.

You can stand by your Genie statement. Ultimately, it's an opinion. At 17, the woman was told to play a rape story as falling love with her attacker.

Genie delivers daily. You (and by 'you' I mean everyone) can't be pals with actors. Most of them don't know how.

by Anonymousreply 366January 29, 2023 5:46 PM

[quote] So...whoever put that decent tribute to Tracey/Lauren together probably never saw that scene or didn't think it was important because they never watched the show back then or back in the heyday.

Both the scriptwriter (Janice Ferri) and breakdown writer (Natalie Minardi) for the special Lauren retrospective episode are long-time vets who have been with Y&R since the late-80s, early-90s, so they should know quite a lot about Lauren's history. .. Also, the current Associate Head Writer, Amanda Beall was hired by MAB in 2008 with Beall's first scripts airing just a month before Lauren's apology to Traci occurred. So she, too, was there for that. .. I'd guess that what flashbacks were and weren't included probably had more to do with the limited amount of time they have for just one episode more than anything. .. As the episode began to wind down, it looked like they wanted to focus on how "mean girl Lauren" became "new and improved Lauren" because of the the (so-called) love-of-her-life, Michael LaBaldwin. - jmho

by Anonymousreply 367January 29, 2023 9:54 PM

What was the reason for the acrimony between Genie Francis and Anthony Geary? Was it one sided?

by Anonymousreply 368January 29, 2023 10:31 PM

R367, good researcher; Amanda and Natali are great, God Bless that they're still there.

But honestly, all the more reason for that scene to be included.

by Anonymousreply 369January 29, 2023 11:28 PM

R361 I do agree with your post in principle.....

I think the Nikki/Paul thing was a far more believable retcon that had at least the seeds of history in it (the cult thing) and didn't require the heavy lifting of many other retcons (including the convoluted Jill/Kay related mess).

Steve Burton at least looked *somewhat* like their child. And certainly Steve had the lack of acting ability of both Mel and Dougie. LOL

by Anonymousreply 370January 30, 2023 12:02 AM

The sad thing about Steve is that he can actually act - he’s just lazy.

by Anonymousreply 371January 30, 2023 4:52 PM

Steve is turning himself into a tatted-up muscle queen.

Is he trying to attract eldergay patrons in Palm Springs?

by Anonymousreply 372January 30, 2023 9:30 PM

He's just clearly indicating his mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 373January 31, 2023 12:44 AM

They must be ramping up for sweeps. I noticed Nick and Victoria sitting at a table discussing Newman Ent... snnnzzzzzzzz....

by Anonymousreply 374January 31, 2023 8:40 AM

Well, to spice things up, they were also talking about fan fave Sally!!! I guess we can also look forward to more sizzling bed scenes with Aunt Jack and Diane to really spike the ratings during sweeps. Yay...

by Anonymousreply 375January 31, 2023 2:21 PM

February Sweeps Preview

WHO FARTED? Someone rips ass in Society.....at first it's thought to be Victor as it reeks of boiled cabbage and death but soon Nikki, Phyllis and Aunt Jack are implicated in the whodunit.

CHANCE suffers a great tragedy when his barber quits to join a nudist commune in Palm Springs. His once coiffed mop of curls begins to look like a used Brillo pad.

BILLY and LILY's scenes are now shown in black and white....since they drain any vibrancy out of any scene they are in....

by Anonymousreply 376January 31, 2023 4:18 PM

r376 I just hope it wasn't Tracy who farted.

by Anonymousreply 377January 31, 2023 4:23 PM

Spoiler alert: it was JaBottom after Fen dumped a few loads in his blown out hole.

by Anonymousreply 378January 31, 2023 4:44 PM

r378 JaBottom looks like he would have a stinky fart

by Anonymousreply 379January 31, 2023 4:45 PM

Thank u to r376-378, I needed the laughs, keep em coming...

by Anonymousreply 380January 31, 2023 5:35 PM

Why don't her kids get together and buy Phyllis a dog? or an Asian baby?

by Anonymousreply 381January 31, 2023 6:11 PM

The MESSA adoption "story" is the lamest thing I've seen on soaps in a long time. In every step of the process we've heard about them going somewhere (to the agency, some counselor, meeting the birth mother, etc.) -- UNSEEN -- then the two of the come back to Crimson Lights to report to some third party what happened. These type of stories are rarely interesting, but this one is deadly dull, worse than reading a magazine article on the subject.

And since the process has been so lengthy for them, I don't even understand why they opted to adopt in the first place. They're both healthy, young females. The cost of buying a semen at sperm bank is probably less than their round-trip flights to Portland. And isn't Mariah still some kind of unseen executive at JaBooty? Proceduers like AI and IVF are probably covered in their health plan.

by Anonymousreply 382January 31, 2023 6:43 PM

Mariah is supposedly the director of marketing for Jabot, but hasn't spent a single minute in the office.

by Anonymousreply 383January 31, 2023 7:06 PM

Why does JaBottom always have his clothes on around the office?

by Anonymousreply 384January 31, 2023 7:08 PM

I'm waiting for the adoption to fall through, and the girls ask Noah for a little sperm.

by Anonymousreply 385January 31, 2023 7:09 PM

One of the most significant stories in the history of this show was about the stolen sperm of Victor Newman, but this is neither mentioned nor revisited by this boring ass regime. I hope Tessa dies in childbirth after being impregnated by a willing Jabottom, and that Mariah chokes to death eating the placenta in one of her Wiccan rituals.

by Anonymousreply 386January 31, 2023 7:40 PM

If Kay Alden were still writing, we would have a story involving something to do with Victor's ancient testicle sac every other year.

by Anonymousreply 387January 31, 2023 10:54 PM

Can't believe they still write Y&R so that every woman must want Hans' old bratwurst.

by Anonymousreply 388January 31, 2023 10:59 PM

His nasty, wrinkled, overcooked old weisswurst.

by Anonymousreply 389February 1, 2023 4:01 AM

Totally believable!

by Anonymousreply 390February 1, 2023 4:37 AM

The only sperm they'll get is from me! You got that, punk?

by Anonymousreply 391February 1, 2023 2:29 PM

Well at least we know Nikki's wrinkled old cooch is long past its sell by date.

by Anonymousreply 392February 1, 2023 2:32 PM

Hans!

by Anonymousreply 393February 1, 2023 2:33 PM

R392 so THATs the smell

by Anonymousreply 394February 1, 2023 2:33 PM

I hope that one day CBS will release the outtakes of MTS' Spanx snapping off mid-scene.

by Anonymousreply 395February 1, 2023 4:08 PM

Speaking of outakes, this one where Morrow can't keep it together when Nick finds out Nikki is fucking Arturo still cracks me up.

Your mama is having big Cuban chorizo for lunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396February 1, 2023 8:07 PM

Imagine how upset Hans would be if the writers decided to pair him with Traci.

by Anonymousreply 397February 1, 2023 8:25 PM

Kate Linder thinks she still has a shot at an Esther-Victor pairing.

by Anonymousreply 398February 1, 2023 8:34 PM

Granny Cooper said Kate Linder proposed a story years ago that Katherine die and leave all her money to Esther making her the new grand dame of Genoa City. Cooper was furious. Kate says it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 399February 1, 2023 8:53 PM

r398 I think Esther would enjoy a taste of Hans' dry shriveled up old weisswurst,

by Anonymousreply 400February 1, 2023 8:54 PM

[quote]Imagine how upset Hans would be if the writers decided to pair him with Traci.

Beast Master Daniel Goddard opted to be written out rather than be paired with Traci.

by Anonymousreply 401February 1, 2023 9:13 PM

[quote]Imagine how upset Hans would be if the writers decided to pair him with Traci.

Don't forget, Victor wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Traci.

Victor has Coleen's heart.

by Anonymousreply 402February 1, 2023 9:14 PM

Nobody would want Traci's artery clogged heart.

by Anonymousreply 403February 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Per Hans' contract, Victor is only paired with the sexiest women in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 404February 1, 2023 9:18 PM

then why is he still stuck with Mel? Surely a Victor/Lily, or Victor/Mariah pairing makes more sense..

by Anonymousreply 405February 1, 2023 9:53 PM

These days Victor enjoys blow jobs from the twinks in the Newman Enterprises mail room. .. He's old school, believing oral sex isn't really sex. .. And these opportunistic young men are willing to swallow anything to get ahead.

by Anonymousreply 406February 1, 2023 9:56 PM

Uh, Mariah is a LESBIAN!!!

by Anonymousreply 407February 1, 2023 11:53 PM

How about a Victor/Tessa/Mariah throuple? One taste of the weisswurst, and the girls no longer want clam.

by Anonymousreply 408February 1, 2023 11:56 PM

True Mel. That's why they gave Victor a break and paired him with me for awhile

by Anonymousreply 409February 2, 2023 12:50 AM

Jeanne's book really put Kate Linder out to dry. I'm surprised she wasn't fired

by Anonymousreply 410February 2, 2023 12:56 AM

My guess is they retain Linder with that most minimal contract to ever exist, because she knows where all the bodies are buried and could probably pen a pretty good tell-all.

by Anonymousreply 411February 2, 2023 1:09 AM

R396 😆 😆 wonder what he was thinking. You can also hear crew guys laughing too lol so they were probably all thinking the same thing, like she was trying to hard to be sexy or something 😆 Arturo had Nikki, Mia, and Abby all interested so he must've been holding something lol that scene where Abby trashed his car after finding out he was cheating on her was hilarious lol

by Anonymousreply 412February 2, 2023 2:46 AM

R399, I don't see Kate being dumb enough to pitch story to Bill Bell.

That was the fastest way to get shuttered to the backburner.

It MIGHT have been one of those soap mag round up q's what would you like to see happen to your character?

by Anonymousreply 413February 2, 2023 6:18 AM

Speaking of Esther, who is Chloe's father? Certainly not poor Miguel.

by Anonymousreply 414February 2, 2023 8:51 AM

R414 Esther had a one night stand with a big guy named "Tiny." From what I remember, we never heard Tiny's last name, so he's usually referred to as "Tiny the Plumber." After Esther had the baby, I believe Kay called the plumbing company up under the pretense that the toilets at the Mausoleum were stopped up, so Tiny came out to the Chancellor Estate. When he found out that Esther and the baby, he took off. Esther's entire pregnancy was pretty much written as a 'humorous' interlude.

And even though Tiny was in hardly any episodes, the character was played by two different actors: No.1 was Joe Petracek. No. 2 was Terence Tierney.

by Anonymousreply 415February 2, 2023 11:21 AM

R413 Jeanne suspected Ed Scott started the rumor. There was NO love lost between Jeanne and Ed.

by Anonymousreply 416February 2, 2023 11:43 AM

It's a shame Kate Linder can't include yesterday's dramatic scenes on her 2022 Daytime Emmy reel; so it's going to be important to keep them in mind for next year.

I mean, look at that move. .. No one in Daytime can lean-in like Linder! .. I'm guessing her decades as an airline stewardess looking down aisles during severe turbulence is why she's so good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417February 2, 2023 8:42 PM

R417 😆

by Anonymousreply 418February 3, 2023 12:23 AM

Is Esther cleaning the Chancellor-Winters offices now?

I'd take a shot every time Lily says "Jill wants the IPO" but I'd be wasted by the second commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 419February 3, 2023 8:38 AM

R419 A few months ago DuhVon offered Esther a job at Chancellor-Winters as the company's receptionist.

I guess this gives Linder something to do since it appears they've shuttered the Mausoleum set, so there's nothing to dust and no doors to answer. .. The last time we saw Abby and Chance at the Chancellor Estate, they were in some new, much smaller sitting room there. The couple was breaking up, and I don't think we've seen that room since.

by Anonymousreply 420February 3, 2023 8:57 AM

During the pandemic, HGTV had a show called House Hunters: Comedians on Couches, where a rotating panel roasted the participants during a rebroadcast of HH. It was hilarious.

It's (past) time for the same to be done for Y&R (and the rest). And yes, I would pay for that.

by Anonymousreply 421February 3, 2023 9:09 AM

R421 Kind of sounds like Gogglebox, a UK reality show that's been on air since 2013.

by Anonymousreply 422February 3, 2023 10:55 AM

Wow. This show gets worse every day. And I only saw to the first commercial.

by Anonymousreply 423February 3, 2023 4:33 PM

I'm a lifelong soap fan but honestly, the last 4 need to go and go now. They're all limping to the finish line. Nothing of interest in any of them, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 424February 3, 2023 4:35 PM

Hey Billy! Did you really tip our waitress a whole $15?

Hey Chelsea! Did you really use coming in of for a "cup of tea" as a euphemism for let's fuck?

Hey Victoria! Is Victor down with your lust of the brown?

by Anonymousreply 425February 3, 2023 5:21 PM

Irrepressible Chrissy just called Mark Grossman a stud... lol

by Anonymousreply 426February 3, 2023 10:59 PM

Okay .. Wednesday's somewhat surprising scene with Chance & Daniel .. that could actually work!

And during their post-sex "pillow talk" -- specifically a bareback flip-fuck -- Chance finally reveals what really happened between him and Adam in Vegas. .. This leads Daniel to confess that part of his distancing from Heather in Savannah included some wild downlow action, but he adds, "This feels right." .. Chance agrees, and they head off to the shower for Round 2.

by Anonymousreply 427February 7, 2023 10:45 PM

r427, that was the hottest couple intro in years. Mi piacciono molto Chancelotti.

by Anonymousreply 428February 9, 2023 1:17 AM

Chance and Daniel conversing about coding had to have been the single worst scene in the history of Y & R. The only thing missing was Billy popping by to ask them to do a podcast about it.

by Anonymousreply 429February 9, 2023 2:13 AM

R428 "Chancelotti" ... I love that!

by Anonymousreply 430February 9, 2023 7:19 AM

I laughed that the Newman Media hallway was bigger than the Abbott living room. Victor's place was looking a little tight, too.

by Anonymousreply 431February 9, 2023 8:40 AM

That Chance actor is FUCKING HOT. He's got good hair too. Spectra scenes are a whuppin to watch. Victoria and Nate? Kinda interesting. I find the Daniel actor hotter now than he was 20 years ago. Isn't there a 6-year age difference b/t him and Stafford?

by Anonymousreply 432February 9, 2023 11:35 AM

14 years difference IRL. Or 25 in soap years.

by Anonymousreply 433February 9, 2023 12:40 PM

Missy Egan's Chinatown wig has me worried. Couldn't Amelia sweep up a bucket of her horsehair clippings for her?

by Anonymousreply 434February 9, 2023 4:52 PM

Maybe Chelsea and Billy should shave their heads and start chanting.

by Anonymousreply 435February 9, 2023 8:43 PM

Melissa and Jason are two of the nicer people in soaps -- but they need to leave Y&R.

Jason should check back into GH -- stat!

Missy? She can bring Annie Lavery to Port Charles or land a sitcom (she'd be great.)

the writing on Y&R is HORRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 436February 9, 2023 8:57 PM

Who's the benefactor of Y&R getting cancelled, CBS or SONY? Obviously, someone is paying Griffith to try to tank the ratings with the garbage he's (still) writing. Jabottom just spilled the beans on a storyline that normally would play out for months, with dividends. I'm hanging in just to see if Victoria and Nate actually fuck.

by Anonymousreply 437February 10, 2023 4:36 PM

R437

What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 438February 10, 2023 6:45 PM

The dark haired Latino lady is going to be murdered. Tucker, Nate, Noah as suspects? Is that what is going to play out?

by Anonymousreply 439February 10, 2023 6:48 PM

JaBottom doesn't want Adam at Jabot, because he keeps getting a boner every time he sees Adam strolling the halls. He's afraid Summer will notice him getting all hot and bothered, and doing that twitching thing with his ass..

by Anonymousreply 440February 10, 2023 6:57 PM

The dark haired Latino lady wouldn't get murdered if she hadn't gone to the Michelle Stafford school of shrieking her lines.

by Anonymousreply 441February 10, 2023 7:01 PM

Can they fin the dark-haired latino lady a neck first?

by Anonymousreply 442February 10, 2023 7:06 PM

Audra no leavey. Genoa salami on menu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443February 10, 2023 7:16 PM

With the lack of sets on this show now, any murder trial would have to take place inside Crimson Lights.

They'd have some underfive judge (*) sit on a stool behind the front counter of the coffeehouse while the jury occupied the booths against the wall. Witnesses would wait on the outdoor patio until motioned inside by the silent twink barista who would be pulling double-duty that day as the courtroom bailiff. These people would be sworn in by owner-manager, Sharon, using the daily specials menu. So too, this is when we'd learn that Esther Valentine also works as a part-time courtroom reporter now, thereby giving Kate Linder her one episode every 13-weeks per her contract requirement.

(*) The actor playing the judge would be a well-known soap opera veteran, so that all of the soap websites could turn it into a BIG casting announcement, despite the fact that it's only a two episode gig.

by Anonymousreply 444February 10, 2023 8:28 PM

How did Bold and Beautiful rate an entire new set for the judge's chambers?

by Anonymousreply 445February 10, 2023 11:04 PM

R441 "I'M MRS. DANNY ROMALOTTI; THE MOTHER OF DANNY ROMALOTTI JR. I AM DANNY'S WIFE. I AM DANIELS' MOTHER."

by Anonymousreply 446February 11, 2023 4:17 AM

r444, a few weeks ago, Digest gave TWO pages to Rodney Van Johnson, who played Sheila's lawyer.

He had no name. And his story in the magazine ran AFTER he was done airing.

The soap mags -- and I'm not saying this was a good thing -- had info in it about the show before they even aired. Now, things tend to run after an episode airs.

by Anonymousreply 447February 11, 2023 4:20 AM

Stafford doesn't have scene partners, she has scene competitors. Graziadei did an excellent job of subverting her, and controlling the scene of him firing her.

by Anonymousreply 448February 11, 2023 9:43 AM

So Phyllis has officially been fired by BOTH of her children? HA

What was up with Jack's overly dramatic, yet soap opera worthy, slowly standing up as Adam was about to announce leaving Jabot? Again.

How many times has Jack threatened to evict his 65-year-old sister from the family home?

The HR departments in Genoa City must be sick of all the FUCKING paperwork with these people.

by Anonymousreply 449February 11, 2023 10:35 AM

LOL at Aunt Jack in a veritable swivet over Jabottom COLLUDING with Victor. It was a master class in bad acting.

Please tell me that Nate is playing Victoria. He can't really be into the human overbite. Hoping that Elena catches wind of the kiss and decides to mow down Bland-toria in the Newman Enterprises parking garage. We need something to spice up this snooze-fest.

Oh, and what genius decided that it would be perfectly normal for people to hang out in a park to talk over life issues in the middle of winter in Wisconsin?

by Anonymousreply 450February 11, 2023 2:37 PM

I was the best Adam

by Anonymousreply 451February 11, 2023 2:42 PM

Valentine's Day:

[quote] Nikki and Victor reminisce about their epic love story.

blech.

According to the TV Guide, it looks like they're pre-empting Tuesday and Wednesday's episodes on the West Coast for soccer .. lol!

If true, Fraus are gonna have a melt down that CBS prefers European football over Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 452February 11, 2023 10:45 PM

[quote] According to the TV Guide, it looks like they're pre-empting Tuesday and Wednesday's episodes on the West Coast for soccer .. lol! If true, Fraus are gonna have a melt down that CBS prefers European football over Y&R.

They preempted B&B and Y&R for soccer several times last year as well. Probably 10-12 episodes in total over a course of 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 453February 11, 2023 10:48 PM

You're also a pedophile, r451

by Anonymousreply 454February 11, 2023 10:48 PM

Didn’t JaBottom come onto the show colluding with Victor against Jack? I seem to remember everyone gathered to watch a documentary on Dina’s life that revealed some Abbott family secrets thanks to info given to Victor from Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 455February 11, 2023 11:01 PM

R454 who did he have sex with?

I believe MM tweeted that not all men with mustaches are child abusers but all child abusers have mustaches.

Mustaches...as in 'the mustache.'

I think that played a role in his getting canned.

Y&R's a mess; the writing is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 456February 12, 2023 6:30 AM

R455 Yes, JaBottom had been in contact with Victor, but whatever that collusion was about turned out to be a red herring in relation to the scandal that went down when the the film about Dina's life story was shown. The big scandal that got played in the movie was a clip of Dina reminiscing about her whoredom and now saying that Jack wasn't John Abbott's son. Due to circumstances, it was easy to point the blame at Victor and Kyle, but both men denied that were behind editing the finished product to include that clip.

It eventually turned out that Ashley had taken Charlie's finished film and added the clip to it. This was her revenge against Jack for his having added the "Blood Abbott Clause" to Jabot's corporate charter, meaning she could never be CEO. .. This now meant that Jack couldn't be CEO either. .. In the process, Ashley also paid to have DNA tests doctored to show that Jack wasn't John's son. .. It even came out that Ashley manipulated the easily-confused Dina to have her say that.

by Anonymousreply 457February 12, 2023 8:40 AM

It would have been funnier to have Ashley fake that Jack was born a girl. And fitting.

by Anonymousreply 458February 12, 2023 8:46 AM

What a waste to give Dina alzheimer's instead of BPD or Schizophrenia, something that could be managed with meds. This show is in dire need of a grande dame (sorry Miss LeBlanc). I even miss Theo and his sexual cemistry with Jabottom. The other day when Elena was in her PJ's nodding off while Tessa was rambling on, I thought "I feel ya girl".

by Anonymousreply 459February 12, 2023 9:12 AM

Am I not grand enough, r459?

by Anonymousreply 460February 12, 2023 10:49 AM

Oh Melody, whenever you enter a scene, I can practically hear the lycra screaming.

by Anonymousreply 461February 12, 2023 11:14 AM

Nikki is too snooty and self-centered to be a good grande dame.

by Anonymousreply 462February 12, 2023 2:08 PM

Jabottom would be the perfect Grande Dame

by Anonymousreply 463February 12, 2023 3:54 PM

I agree R459 - at the time I was hoping that Graham had been drugging Dina and that once she was off the drug her cognitive health would improve.

Bad idea not to keep her around, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 464February 12, 2023 5:46 PM

I'm the grand dame of Genoa City

by Anonymousreply 465February 12, 2023 5:53 PM

Try combing your hair first, Heinle, then we'll talk

by Anonymousreply 466February 12, 2023 5:58 PM

Heinle, back off you bitch! We're the dames!

by Anonymousreply 467February 12, 2023 6:08 PM

There's enough of Mariah to make two dames

by Anonymousreply 468February 12, 2023 6:30 PM

No one will ever out-diva me

by Anonymousreply 469February 12, 2023 6:39 PM

Nikki is still an ingénue.

by Anonymousreply 470February 12, 2023 6:43 PM

I think we all know by now who the real dame of Genoa City is

by Anonymousreply 471February 12, 2023 7:08 PM

Aunt Jack is the Grande Dame of Genoa City.

LaBergman only wishes he could wear some long press-on nails, so he could wave painted and bejeweled talons around like Wilma Jeanne used to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472February 12, 2023 7:43 PM

Since when has Jack Abbott been such a wuss? Or is it just the way that PB plays him?

by Anonymousreply 473February 12, 2023 7:51 PM

R473 Jack Abbott became a wuss in the first story that Bill Bell told after LaBergman took over the role. .. Talk about taking a character in a NuDirection.

Bell had Jack swoop in and marry Nikki in a quickie marriage. When Victor found out, he offered Jack Jabot in exchange for Nikki. Jack was going to take Victor up on his offer - which would have been typical Jack - but one think led to another and the deal didn't go through. Soon Nikki took her husband back (for saving Victoria's life) and Jackie began lactating over birthing babies with Nikki. When Lester had been in the role, Real Jack wanted nothing to do with babies. He ordered Jill to get an abortion, then later plotted to get a vasectomy while married to Patty in order o avoid that unwanted consequence at all cost. .. But when Aunt Jack was married to Nikki, they got pregnant twice, losing both babies. One by the horseback riding incident and the other after Nikki fell down the stairs and delivered too early. These events provided LaBergman with many weepy, sentimental scenes. They even threw in the melodramatic heart transplant arc with the last one. .. Next up, we got the eye-rolling Vietnam retcon. No one on the planet could imagine Real Jack ever going to Vietnam. He would have avoided the draft any way he could. He was a womanizing playboy and a tennis bum. But now we're to believe he was this mushy soldier boy pining over his "Mai Yun." .. To his credit even Bergman says he hated that one.

by Anonymousreply 474February 12, 2023 8:48 PM

What was Terry Lester’s last story? Was it living above Gina’s and doing community service at the soup kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 475February 12, 2023 11:39 PM

Nikki didn’t really fall down the stairs; she and Victor were arguing and he slammed her into the wall

by Anonymousreply 476February 12, 2023 11:55 PM

R475 I believe Lester's last story (1989) was Jack's big plan to take Jabot public, with Victor learning about this from Jabot mole, David Kimble. With that inside information, Victor was able to put together a strategy to secretly buy up Jabot stock using various entities to take control of the company. .. Victor wanted to show Jack just how "Ruthless" he could be as revenge for Jack's recent scheme involving Leanna Love, where Leanna wrote the unauthorized biography about Victor. The soup kitchen story (with Ellen Winters) had been the previous year.

by Anonymousreply 477February 13, 2023 12:13 AM

Bell must have been on some serious drugs when he wrote that Jack in Vietnam storyline. It was a betrayal to that character. Which shows that even the greats had missteps from time to time. And hadn't ATWT already done a similar story around the same time period?

by Anonymousreply 478February 13, 2023 12:17 AM

The year the Vietnam story started was the same year that the ban on trade with Vietnam was lifted (1994) as well as a lead up to the 20th Anniversary of the Fall of Saigon that would take place in April 1975. At the time, the news media was making a really BIG deal of these things. I'm guessing Bell (and others) wanted to capitalize on these real life events. Y&R even did a big location shoot where they sent Paul and L'Bug to Vietnam to look for Luan's missing son, Keemo Volien. He was like Wild Boy and lived in the jungle .. lol. The whole thing was very odd, and especially out of synch with Jack Abbott.

I never watched AMC, but I remember my sister basically commenting, "Oh look! Aunt Cliff lives in Genoa City now!"

by Anonymousreply 479February 13, 2023 1:17 AM

Ming Na-Wen played Tom Hughes daughter Lien on ATWT from 1988-91.

That story certainly had its similarities to the Y&R story on 1994-96.

by Anonymousreply 480February 13, 2023 1:59 AM

Is James Hyde's arc already over? He would've been much hotter with Ashley than Tucker/TSJ, who looks perennially constipated.

Just reading the names David Kimble and Leanna Love makes me hate what this show has become even more.

by Anonymousreply 481February 13, 2023 8:53 AM

It seemed like Bell was hinting at doing some kind "Southeast Asian" story when Bobby Parucha was playing Victor's brother, Matt Miller.

Matt wasn't a Vietnam vet, but we'd heard occasional references to him possibly being some kind of "soldier of fortune" who'd flown planes over in that area of the world. That's why he was able to get a job at Jabot as the company's private jet pilot.

And not long before the character was written out (1987), we saw Matt having nightmares and night sweats, as if memories of something traumatic were troubling him.

I remember surmising that Matt's plane had probably been shot down on some mission and he was either captured or was in hiding with some locals helping him. So something like that could have had the seeds of a love story as well.

Characters with a blank slate such as Matt are much better for stories like that than taking someone like Jack Abbott who'd already been a character on the show for 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 482February 13, 2023 9:20 AM

What happened with the Matt Miller character?

He was just suddenly written out and barely ever mentioned ever again.

Was that all simply because Bobby Parucha wanted to leave? Or did Bill Bell tire of the character. What was the deal? Matt Miller was a character offering many possibilities and years of potential storyline.

And if Parucha wanted to leave, why didn't Bill Bell just recast the part?

by Anonymousreply 483February 13, 2023 6:01 PM

R477, you have it correctly. Great memory.

Parucha from what I've read in interviews would love to come back. Braeden's always spoken kindly of him so I'm not sure why it hasn't happened.

But honestly, the writing on Y&R is god awful.

Those poor actors have to play all the job changing and company buying and podcasting and who's in love with whom means anything but nothing matters on these shows anymore. GH is good, very good, in fact, But I long for the days of Marland, Long, Lemay, and other greats.

by Anonymousreply 484February 13, 2023 8:50 PM

We need a role on Y&R for Victoria Wyndham

by Anonymousreply 485February 13, 2023 9:08 PM

R485, it's too bad she never did another soap.

by Anonymousreply 486February 13, 2023 9:26 PM

Parucha would probably be the first to admit that he's not the greatest actor in the world, and he knew his career path lay elsewhere. As I recall, he sort of just fell into modeling when he was a grad student at UC Santa Barbara, and that led to his photos being seen, with him getting a few man-candy roles, which then led to him getting a contract as a daytime soap actor. (Sounds like Shemar Moore and a few others back then.)

He's got a fairly successful clothing company that he runs (Delta Pacific Activewear). And while his enthusiasm for Y&R remains high, I think it's more along the lines of making an occasional appearance now and again. He was very disappointed that one time when TPTB refused to work around his pre-paid vacation that he couldn't cancel and ended up recasting him with that FauxMatt actor a few years ago. Parucha said that he told Y&R that he'd gladly do anything they wanted schedule-wise to come in before or after, so that they could insert the short scenes, but he said no one from the show even called him back. At least we've seen him since then.

The audience seems to love "Matt," but honestly, it would probably be difficult for someone with Parucha's level of acting experience to keep up with today's fast-paced production model where there's basically zero-time for rehearsal and no room for flubs. - jmho

by Anonymousreply 487February 13, 2023 9:43 PM

R487, that's a fair assessment but generally, I don't understand why some non-actors are held to a different standard than others.

There are SO many bad or barely passable 'actors' on soaps; they're models who hit their mark and get the lines out.

I don't want to mention names but there's one star on a soap and she's considered this great big thing but all i see is a model, who, as a I said, hits her mark, picks an intention, gets her lines out, yells a lot. And it's called acting. Fans love her.

She's a team player and makes her producer's life easy by showing up, staying late, volunteering for press....but, to me, she's like watching paint dry and her latest romantic pairing with a genuine nice guy is B O R I N G. (I'm probably giving away both actors given all these details.)

But my point is Parucha is not the only model who's been on soaps; I'm not sure why producers will say nah, pass to him coming back yet others who are just as uninspiring make millions.

by Anonymousreply 488February 13, 2023 9:49 PM

r488 Very good points

The big difference is Bobby Parucha was cast on Y&R in the 1980s, long before casting models who wanted to try their hand at acting was standard practice. The 80s were still a time when your Tony Gearys, your Justin Deas, your Benjamin Hendricksons -- all strong in the acting department but weaker in the looks department -- could get cast on soaps.

Now, that's not to say some models didn't get cast on soaps in the 1980s and Y&R was likely the worst offender of the bunch. Y&R's philosophy was always let the pretty people learn how to act while on screen. But those models also showed promise as actors too. Ask Michael Damien, Todd Curtis, Thom Bierdz, Scott Reeves, etc.

But for some reason Bill Bell grew tired of the Matt Miller character and send him off. Wonder what happened.

by Anonymousreply 489February 13, 2023 10:56 PM

You rang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490February 13, 2023 11:39 PM

R488 's blind item has to be JMW from B&B.

by Anonymousreply 491February 14, 2023 9:21 AM

JMW doesn't yell her lines, does she? I would have guessed Stafford.

by Anonymousreply 492February 14, 2023 3:33 PM

I can't imagine Stafford showing up, staying late, volunteering for press, or being considered a model.

by Anonymousreply 493February 14, 2023 4:26 PM

So the 50th anniversary will be celebrated as Genoa City's Bicentennial. Which means no original cast members will be invited back, because it will be Nikki/Victor flashbacks of 200 years of their love story and constant re-marriages. They should finally retcon the Jill is Neal Fenmore's daughter bs. Why not say she was a Foster all along, and bring Julianna McCarthy back. She's still alive at 94. She can't be much more embarrassing than Mel.

by Anonymousreply 494February 14, 2023 5:00 PM

Scoche Marin remembers all 200 years.

by Anonymousreply 495February 14, 2023 5:03 PM

This is Josh Griffith's show. He doesn't care what fans want.

by Anonymousreply 496February 14, 2023 5:03 PM

Scoche died.

by Anonymousreply 497February 14, 2023 5:06 PM

R597 I guess I missed that. When did she pass on?

by Anonymousreply 498February 14, 2023 5:06 PM

She died of embarrassment some time ago

by Anonymousreply 499February 14, 2023 5:08 PM

JMW is probably one of the best younger actors in daytime. I hate that she’s carved up her face but she’s talented.

by Anonymousreply 500February 14, 2023 5:11 PM

Do we think they'll have Jill skype in for the bicentennial?

by Anonymousreply 501February 14, 2023 5:12 PM

Do Lily and Kevin ever share scenes? I see she is super horny for Daniel's dick today, but didn't she get a raging STI from Kev way back when? She has two adult children with an ex husband, and no one ever mentions any of them.

by Anonymousreply 502February 14, 2023 5:16 PM

Is the bicentennial celebration going to be held on the patio outside the coffeehouse?

by Anonymousreply 503February 14, 2023 5:17 PM

In the old days, these big events would be held at the Colonnade Room or at Dame Chancellor's place. At the way the show's going, I wouldn't be surprised if it were held in the banquet room of the Genoa City Quality Inn.

by Anonymousreply 504February 14, 2023 5:26 PM

It will be held at Crimson Lights, where Sharon and Sally have been screaming at each other for an hour, and you will like it.

by Anonymousreply 505February 14, 2023 5:42 PM

I suspect r488's Blind Item was more hospital related than fashion industry related.

by Anonymousreply 506February 14, 2023 5:53 PM

GH 60th anniversary cast photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507February 14, 2023 7:48 PM

Shit. Wrong thread. Sorry, folks.

by Anonymousreply 508February 14, 2023 7:49 PM

R502 Yes. Lily and Kevin have shared scenes since his Poor Kevvie days when he committed statutory rape and gave her chlamydia.

Lily mentions her adult children once in a blue moon. Recall, not that long ago, she supposedly went to help Mattie with some personal problem (in Los Angeles). But since aging the twins was a mistake, it's probably best not to remind viewers about them. Perhaps Y&R can bring them back in a few years and say they're still Freshmen in college - as if their time off-screen simply stood still ... lol.

And no one, NO ONE (except Daniel Goddard) wants to remind us of "Ethan Atkinson 'Hurricane' Ashby" or whatever his name is supposed to be.

If they ever did bring the character back, I'd suggest they recast Cane with a handsome, fit-fat dude who checks in with Traci Abbott and decides to finally rock her world.

by Anonymousreply 509February 14, 2023 8:14 PM

I bet Nikki will give the weisswurst some extra attention tonight after he gave her that god-awful necklace today.

by Anonymousreply 510February 14, 2023 8:18 PM

Lol that hideous necklace will be perfect for their date nights at Society

by Anonymousreply 511February 14, 2023 9:50 PM

shudders at R510

That weisswurst has long been overcooked, served with rotten cabbage and stinky sauerkraut!

by Anonymousreply 512February 14, 2023 9:52 PM

After all these years, how can someone like Nikki be so impressed with jewelry? This is a woman who has had whatever she's wanted for 40 years. Her excitement at the necklace seemed odd.

by Anonymousreply 513February 14, 2023 9:53 PM

R512 Just the way Nikki likes it!

by Anonymousreply 514February 14, 2023 9:57 PM

Nikki always keeps her expensive jewelry and designer stilettos on when getting fucked.

by Anonymousreply 515February 14, 2023 10:12 PM

I'm surprised Nikki resisted Rey. I mean, having a spicy chorizo like that vs. weak bratwurst had to be appealing.

by Anonymousreply 516February 14, 2023 10:14 PM

r516 Not weak! You got that?

by Anonymousreply 517February 14, 2023 10:16 PM

Rey really made me moister than a snack cake....down THERE!

by Anonymousreply 518February 14, 2023 10:17 PM

r518 Crissy, put your Swiss Roll away.

by Anonymousreply 519February 14, 2023 10:22 PM

They need a new name for the 50th. The Young? and the Rest Home. The Grand Phoenix needs to be converted into a retirement center.

by Anonymousreply 520February 14, 2023 11:00 PM

Does Crimson Lights carry the appropriate licensing/insurance to function as Sharon's mental health counseling facility?

by Anonymousreply 521February 15, 2023 12:33 PM

Case must be really sick of getting scripts that read:

SHARON IS WIPING DOWN TABLES AT CRIMSON LIGHTS, WEARING A $1300 SEQUIN WRAP DRESS FROM BLOOMINGDALES, WHEN _______________ COMES INTO THE COFFEE SHOPPE LOOKING DISTRAUGHT. SHARON APPROACHES ______________ AND ASKS THEM IF SOMETHING IS WRONG, OFFERING THEM A FRIENDLY EAR TO SPILL THEIR GUTS.

I guess a paycheck is a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 522February 15, 2023 6:09 PM

552 LOL!

by Anonymousreply 523February 15, 2023 7:02 PM

She’s probably donating her check to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 524February 15, 2023 8:51 PM

R491, R492, R493

you're on the wrong network

R506 is Wright. Um I mean Right.

by Anonymousreply 525February 15, 2023 9:19 PM

Except Laura Wright was never a model. Snaggletoothed bitch used to make change at a gas station before she was "discovered"

by Anonymousreply 526February 15, 2023 9:55 PM

^ If she worked at a gas station is that code for truck stop hooker?

by Anonymousreply 527February 15, 2023 10:30 PM

No, literally her family's Speedway gas station in soggy ass backwater Maryland.

by Anonymousreply 528February 15, 2023 10:33 PM

MCE is preggers again. Set to deliver in August. Maybe they can write Chelsea out for good this time. .. Faux Billy can leave with her to rest the character for awhile like they did after Ryan Brown and Scott Seymour didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 529February 15, 2023 11:49 PM

[quote]Scott Seymour didn't work.

I liked Scott Seymour. I was hoping for Gay Billy.

by Anonymousreply 530February 15, 2023 11:54 PM

Seymour was so bad that he was axed after just one, 13-week cycle. The message boards referred to him as "Billywood."

by Anonymousreply 531February 16, 2023 12:50 AM

I think they just SORASed Genoa City by about 50 years yesterday .. lol!

Miss Piggy came in and told Victor that she and her planning committee were working on Genoa City's big Bicentennial Celebration.

Well, 200 years ago would be 1823, but during the Incredible & Amazing Rainbow Gardens storyline (1993), we heard from Katherine that Genoa City was founded by Civil War hero, Garfield Dandridge Chancellor ( PC2's grandfather) who came to the area after the war founded the city and built the mill and several buildings. One of these was Rainbow Gardens where the poor seniors facing eviction lived. Because of that fact, SuperBug was able to save the day and have Rainbow Gardens declared an historical landmark, thereby it couldn't be be demolished by the evil owner-landlord.

btw - Rainbow Gardens sounds like a development for retired elder gays, who are looking for a vintage, tasteful friends environment.

by Anonymousreply 532February 16, 2023 3:39 AM

Continuity on Y&R is sacred R532.

by Anonymousreply 533February 16, 2023 5:23 AM

ok... this is good news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534February 16, 2023 6:20 PM

How about original cast members still alive? Robert Colbert, Julianna McCarthy, James Houghnton, Janice Lynde are still with us.

by Anonymousreply 535February 16, 2023 6:24 PM

Julianna McCarthy may be alive, but Liz Foster is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 536February 16, 2023 6:45 PM

BrendaD is waiting for her phone to ring.

Let's hope she's paid the bill and hasn't been disconnected.

But seriously, Y&R might get the most press over her return than anything this team can come up with.

by Anonymousreply 537February 16, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote]Julianna McCarthy may be alive, but Liz Foster is dead to me.

One of the worst decisions the show ever made. Liz Foster added so much. No reason to kill her off.

by Anonymousreply 538February 16, 2023 6:54 PM

R538, I agree 100%

They didn't think Jeanne's health issues would catch up with her?

Right now, Liz, Jill and Esther should be living in that mansion with Kay's portrait being used in every scene; the next generation is pitting against each other and the elders keep them in line.

Soaps 101.

by Anonymousreply 539February 16, 2023 7:13 PM

JFP didn't understand the basics of soap storytelling.

There should have been a huge, years-long fight over Katherine's estate. Brock and Tucker should have come back to tiown to fight for it. MacKenzie should have returned to town to stake her claim on the house and the money. Other illegitimate children of Brock and Tucker should have shown up trying to get some of the billions.

All that conflict could have propelled the show for years and years.

Instead, Tucker doesn't even show up for the funeral. MacKenzie doesn't show up for the funeral and Devon gets all the money free and clear without anyone being upset, while Jill gets the house and Victor got Chancellor Industries.

by Anonymousreply 540February 16, 2023 8:12 PM

and Esther got half the house and she doesn't live there anymore.

You are correct, R540, Jill does NOT know soaps.

I work in the biz and have been asked why I hate her. I do not. She's always been cordial and pleasant.

But what I do not care for is any show she ever produced.

by Anonymousreply 541February 16, 2023 8:53 PM

R541 Esther didn't get half the house.

What Esther got was a monthly stipend of $20,000 on the condition that she stay on at the mansion and continue taking such loving care of it.

Jill got Katherine's half of the mansion to add to the half that Jill already owned herself, but it came with the stipulation that Jill had to remain there in perpetuity. Jill was upset because with no money given to her, she figured the upkeep and taxes on The Mausoleum would bankrupt her.

by Anonymousreply 542February 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Doesn't Chance own the Chancellor estate?

by Anonymousreply 543February 16, 2023 9:16 PM

R543 I think Jill just let grandson, Chance, live there with Blabby. Remember Chance used to live there when Billy owned the place as well. There was a time when Billy, Chance, and Cane were "batching" it there.

As I recall, Jill bought the Estate back from Billy after he got back together with Bortoria.

Remember, when Jackie wanted to exhume Phillip's body to see if Phillip was his daddy for a DNA test, he was going to have to sue Jill to do it. (JaBottom ended up digging it up .. lol)

And I remember when Jill hired Billy and Lily to run Chancecom, they were originally working out of the Chancellor Estate, but the two of them told Jill that they couldn't continue to run the business from HER home.

by Anonymousreply 544February 16, 2023 9:45 PM

JaBottom wore the used tank top from when he and Theo went to a Palm Springs White Party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545February 16, 2023 9:59 PM

I’d love to see Brendad return as a different character, even if it was short-term. I do think there’d be some interest there.

by Anonymousreply 546February 17, 2023 12:08 AM

That HOMOEROTIC scene between JaBottom and Adam today .....

===========

JaBottom: You didn't get everything off your chest yesterday?

Adam: It seems like YOU need to get something off YOUR chest.

JaBottom: (Only if it's your cum sprayed all over it!)

===========

Adam: Well, you got what you wanted.

Kyle: Why doesn't it feel that way?

Adam: (uhh .. Probably because your hole is still twitching and looking to get filled?)

===========

Adam: Just so you're clear, there are no hard feelings on my part.

JaBottom: And I have no feelings about you one way or another. (But about that "hard" part ....)

===========

Adam: Okay, consider me off your plate.

JaBottom: (And consider me your three-course meal ... always douched and ready to serve!)

by Anonymousreply 547February 17, 2023 8:11 PM

Was Vail always this bad her first time around? I remember liking her... maybe it's just because she hasn't acted in a while. I can't believe the Staff allowed having her grandchild on screen... I bet she will not have lots of scenes with Lucy and if she does... I bet she doesn't call her grandma

by Anonymousreply 548February 17, 2023 9:52 PM

R548 Yes, Bloom was always pretty bad (made worse by the drugs, I imagine). I remember message boards making fun of the way she sounded (like a honking goose). .. I actually think she's improved some here. She is nice to look at, though. I kind of chuckle when people say she's the best Heather. Well, I suppose, since Riegel was totally miscast, and Landon only lasted 26-weeks, and probably should have been paired with Chloe instead of Daniel, which would have freed up both Daniel and Kevin to explore things.

by Anonymousreply 549February 18, 2023 12:43 AM

God the boring people they are bringing back for the 50th!! Gina - Patty Weaver is about 75 now, and weighs 200 lbs, Danny, the insipid Michael Damian, Nina - who cares, and Tara Lipinski as Dr. Marnie Kowalski. Maybe Johnny Weir can play Brooks Prentiss? No Chris and Snapper, Lorie, Leslie, Sally, Greg!!!

by Anonymousreply 550February 18, 2023 9:20 AM

[quote] No Chris and Snapper, Lorie, Leslie, Sally, Greg!!!

They're all in their mid-70s as well. And Chris probably weighs more than Gina. She looked like she was nearing 200 lbs back in '84 at Niktor's first wedding. She might be in Chrissy Metz territory by now.

by Anonymousreply 551February 18, 2023 9:40 PM

WELL HELLO!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 552February 18, 2023 9:59 PM

At this point, I think I'd rather see BrendaD than Jess Walton's mug on ZOOM any more.

by Anonymousreply 553February 18, 2023 10:36 PM

[quote] Patty Weaver is about 75 now, and weighs 200 lbs

Gosh, I'll look positively svelte beside her!

by Anonymousreply 554February 18, 2023 10:47 PM

I remember Weaver had gained some weight even she was still on Y&R regularly, but she didn't look that heavy when Wesley Eure posted a photo with her just five months ago.

On another note, I guess now that her homophobic husband is dead, she can be seen with gay guys again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555February 19, 2023 7:29 AM

Weaver like most actresses, lied about her age for years. She was 28 playing 17 year old Trish Clayton on DOOL, and she looked young and sweet back then. She had been on an episode of All In The Family before DOOL, in a Gloria finds women's lib. She let her Days popularity go to her head, and when she was re-negotiating her contract, she made crazy demands over money and primetime specials showcasing her singing career. She came back to DOOL briefly, with her tail between her legs.

by Anonymousreply 556February 19, 2023 10:58 AM

Queen Crissy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557February 20, 2023 7:42 AM

Christian's never really hidden it, has he?

Well, this is DL; if you're out, you're a queen, if you're not, you're a self-loathing closet case.

The gays really can't win.

I agree on the five returns; they photos they released are all 15-20+ years old.

But there's no STORY at Y&R. I heard they may some writing staff changes (but Josh is still HW); the folks in charge don't know what a soap opera is. So they don't know how to fix this.

The show's going to limp along. Somewhere, Bill's both shaking his head and laughing his ass off that they can't do the show nearly as good without him.

by Anonymousreply 558February 20, 2023 5:29 PM

R558 I think they need some fresh blood there for sure. But the network and Bell Company are as much to blame as the writing team itself.

by Anonymousreply 559February 20, 2023 6:09 PM

Leanna's a fun character. That's about it.

And of course, NIna should already have shown up a couple months ago when Chance gave Blabby the boot for fucking DuhVon.

We've already seen Danny recently; he and Gina will probably sing a song. That gets fraus excited.

Faux Mamie? Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 560February 20, 2023 7:39 PM

I would like to see more JaBottom without his shirt on

by Anonymousreply 561February 20, 2023 10:34 PM

Let me guess. Chrissy isn’t wearing pants in the car pic and those guys are doing what I think they’re doing.

by Anonymousreply 562February 20, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote] I would like to see more JaBottom without his pants on.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 563February 21, 2023 12:08 AM

I watched a few eps last week to see the Daniel/Heather/Lucy scenes and happened to watch the Kyle scenes and fuck.. MM is flaming

by Anonymousreply 564February 21, 2023 12:13 AM

MM is engaged. But, as Joan Rivers said about marriage, grow up! means NOTH(ING!

I could have sworn a slew of ABC boys got married in the mid-2000s after Jonathan B. left AMC.

by Anonymousreply 565February 21, 2023 1:31 AM

Mealor totally pings. In fact, not since Jean Paul Lavoisier has a young soap stud pinged quite as much to me.

by Anonymousreply 566February 21, 2023 1:50 AM

MM's probably getting married, because that will mean Swicklor can hang out together again and not look suspicious. The wives can go shopping, while the bros polish their tools in the garage.

by Anonymousreply 567February 21, 2023 6:41 AM

I 100% ship that, support that, and would pay to watch that, R567 .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568February 21, 2023 10:24 AM

Swicky topping Mikey is better than any Sean Cody clip evah!

Swicky doesn't look huge but you know it's nice, tight and veiny - and shoots like a geyser!

by Anonymousreply 569February 21, 2023 1:52 PM

I thought is was rather clever having both of Sally's fantasies play out regarding the baby's paternity. That was a nice bit of storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 570February 21, 2023 10:04 PM

Just the opposite here. I don't care who Sally's baby daddy is, so the entire episode was a borefest. Plus, there's really no drama at all unless it's Adam's.

I was hoping that during the last minute of it, Sally would think back and suddenly realize that the hotel maintenance man who came in to repair the hot water control on her bathroom shower might also be the father.

by Anonymousreply 571February 21, 2023 10:22 PM

Maybe Sally can give the baby to the lezzies?

The baby should be Adam's and Sally lies to Nick. Of course this being today's Y & R it will be Nick's. Snoooooooze

by Anonymousreply 572February 21, 2023 11:56 PM

The funny thing about R567 is that the two of them becoming "Next Door Buddies" was actually signaled at the very end of an interview that Swickard gave to SOD not long after he joined GH:

[quote] Josh Swickard’s Hollywood journey has been paralleled by his good pal, Michael Mealor, who recently debuted on Y&R as Kyle. “When I was 19, I moved out to L.A. for three months just to sign with reps,” he sets up. “I walked into Wilhelmina to sign a contract with a print agent and I was joking with the booker, like, ‘You know, y’all are lucky you caught me because I was about to join the military’ — I secretly have always wanted to join the military and still do — and this dude behind me with, like, a big, thick Southern accent was like, ‘No way, me, too! But my mama wouldn’t let me!’ I turned around and it was Michael. He is from Atlanta and he was [also new to L.A.] and honestly, ever since then, which was seven or eight years ago, we’ve been best buds.” When Swickard became a spin instructor at SoulCycle, “I made him take my very first class and then two weeks later, he went through the training and became an instructor. Then I booked GH and literally three weeks later, he booked Y&R. I was like, ‘Well, okay, we’ll just keep doing things together!’ The next stage of our life, whatever it is, we’ll hit a fork in the road, hopefully. Either that or we’ll get married at the same time and move into houses next to each other and just keep it going!” ___ SOD May 31, 2018

Just part of the long-term plan ... hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 573February 22, 2023 1:33 AM

^^^

Also, back then, they didn't get their stories 'straight' for the press about how/when they met. During MM's interview with the magazine, he indicated that he and JS already knew each other and came out to L.A. together when they were 17.

[quote] SOD: Who do you text with the most? MM: “That’s a tie between my girlfriend and my best friend, Josh Swickard — he’s on GENERAL HOSPITAL [as Chase]. We’ve been best friends since we were 17. We came out to L.A. together, found the same part-time jobs together and now we’re both on soaps. My girlfriend actually makes fun of how much we text.” ___ SOD June 19. 2018

by Anonymousreply 574February 22, 2023 1:39 AM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575February 22, 2023 11:33 PM

From Sara Bibel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576February 22, 2023 11:45 PM

that's crazy

by Anonymousreply 577February 22, 2023 11:49 PM

Sounds like what Pete Lemay did the year before he left Another World.

by Anonymousreply 578February 22, 2023 11:49 PM

I guess it can be done. Gawd knows YR isn't really working off any long term plans these days, none of the shows really are.

And what was 48-50 minutes in Lemay's day is now 35, so......

by Anonymousreply 579February 23, 2023 1:49 AM

I always thought Bibel was the Story Editor, since her name appears in the opening credits of every episode right before the breakdown writer and script writer which change daily. .. Maybe JG doesn't need an editor either LOLOL.

Two of the writers doing breakdowns recently are pretty new to Y&R (Marin Gazzaniga and Simone Hawthorne). Before this gig, neither had standard daytime experience. Gazzaniga did episodes for the Prospect Park reboot of OLTL on Hulu, and Hawthorne came from that canceled cable soap, Ambitions.

Feel bad about Natalie Minardi Slater.

by Anonymousreply 580February 23, 2023 3:52 AM

I feel bad for them too.

I always wanted to be a soap writer but...these shows aren't what they were and haven't been for a long, long time.

I wonder if Brad Bell will throw any of them lifelines. He did that with some of his dad's old cronies after Babs Bloom came in and ABC-ified Y&R.

I don't know how Y&R remains No. 1 and hasn't slipped into the ratings sewer. I was watching Pluto and they had on a rerun of Y&R a year or so ago; Burgi's Ashland is telling wife Tara that he's getting treatment for cancer.

Later, we learn Josh Lewis Ashland never had cancer.

They can't keep a story straight.

by Anonymousreply 581February 23, 2023 6:39 AM

R525 That's right, that's Wright that they were referring to lol who was never really the best at acting, however she has maintained a steady career in soaps since 1991.

R526 Exactly lol Loving was her big break from the mundane life she left behind as the reigning princess of propane.

Ironically, she almost landed on this very show. When JFP was still EP, she informed LW (in 2016) that she would bring her over to Y&R when LW's contract with GH was up in the Fall of 2017 (similarly to how JFP promised to bring her to GH when LW's contract with GL was up in the Fall of 2005). LW was all for it, there was speculation she would've been Nikki's niece (via Casey Reed) or connected to another family, which would've opened the door for a possible relationship with Nikki's son, Dylan, reuniting her with Steve Burton. However, Jill's firing in the Fall of 2016 prevented her from jumping ship, so she stayed at GH (Frank Valentini was all set to bring back Tamara Braun as Carly when he caught wind of her planning to vacate, so that's why Tamara came in as Kim Nero in the Fall of 2017, for he still wanted to bring her on, even though it was no longer as Carly).

by Anonymousreply 582February 23, 2023 7:57 AM

R573 Now MM's story of how they met almost exactly aligns with how JS says it lol could it be it's been so long, MM thought they came to LA together? Lol jkjk. It's interesting how they were both born in the same year (1992) on significant days (MM 02/29/92, JS 07/04/92) were models, soap actors....they sound like they were destined to be in each other's orbit, almost like soulmates of some sort 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 583February 23, 2023 8:10 AM

R583 MM also gave two stories of how he got into modeling. In one, he says he was still in high school and walking into the local gym back in his home town with his buddy, and some guy scouted him.. (Oh honey, we've all been there!). .. In another version, he said he was at Auburn University riding a stationary bike, and the guy on the bike next to him asked him if he'd ever considered modeling and invited him to a model showcase in Florida. ( Sounds like a pick-up line... LOL!) .. He even added that at first he thought it was a little creepy, but the guy turned out to be legit.

by Anonymousreply 584February 23, 2023 8:52 AM

Y&R is what, 4 or 5 weeks ahead from production to air? I can't wait to see the garbage Griffith puts out. He must have a ton of dirt on Steve Kent.

by Anonymousreply 585February 23, 2023 9:23 AM

R580, I believe Slater has been around since 1991?

There’s no way JG can do the job of all of those people. I can’t believe Sony allowed this.

by Anonymousreply 586February 23, 2023 11:29 AM

Sally's fire crotch has set Genoa City, and Crimson Lights on fire. Who knew that just a few short years ago, a character who chained a woman to a radiator in Los Angeles would hold hostage so many powerful men with her fruitful womb. Did TGVN also throw a seed in the mix?

by Anonymousreply 587February 23, 2023 4:45 PM

[quote]Did TGVN also throw a seed in the mix?

"Genetic material," don't you mean?

by Anonymousreply 588February 23, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote]I guess it can be done. Gawd knows YR isn't really working off any long term plans these days, none of the shows really are.

DAYS tried it in 2008. The experiment only lasted for a few months before they hired more writers.

by Anonymousreply 589February 23, 2023 5:21 PM

I'm shaking my head at the idea that Josh Griffth --- JOSH GRIFFITH -- is the one still standing after the recent massacres at Y&R.

First Tony Morina is ousted as EP and now the breakdown writers are gone. And Josh Griffith is the one who's still with the show????

Are we in a Bizarro World where everything is backwards? To think that Tony Morina and the breakdown writers were the problem with Y&R is Bizarro thinking.

Steve Kent at Sony has always seemed like a smart guy. Has always made good decisions in the past. Scratching my head on this one, however. Josh Griffith must really have good dirt on him.

by Anonymousreply 590February 23, 2023 5:47 PM

I assume Amanda Beall is still going to be part of this "writing team." .. I see she was recently given a Producer's credit as well.

by Anonymousreply 591February 23, 2023 6:34 PM

[quote] Sally's fire crotch has set Genoa City, and Crimson Lights on fire.

Does Sally dye her crotch that color as well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592February 23, 2023 7:51 PM

Josh Griffith is the new Tyler Perry. He can do it all!

by Anonymousreply 593February 23, 2023 9:44 PM

Josh Griffith will drive Y&R to its death.

by Anonymousreply 594February 23, 2023 9:46 PM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595February 23, 2023 11:37 PM

A toast to whatever Brendad is sticking in her cooze at Gelson's!

by Anonymousreply 596February 23, 2023 11:37 PM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 597February 23, 2023 11:37 PM

I AM KING!

by Anonymousreply 598February 23, 2023 11:38 PM

Buh

by Anonymousreply 599February 23, 2023 11:38 PM

Bye!

by Anonymousreply 600February 23, 2023 11:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!