Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Henry Cavill’s comeback as Superman may be canceled!

Oh God, I hope this isn’t true. I think he would crack. The beardog would have to 5150 him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 20, 2022 6:48 AM

Superman is boring and no one cares about Cavill except some Zack Snyder fanbois. His Superman films flopped.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 11:52 PM

Henry Cavill quitting The Witcher just to wind up unemployed without ever having played Superman would be the funniest outcome here. I hope that’s how this pans out.

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 12:07 AM

HOLLYWOOD ROYALTY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 12:22 AM

[quote]without ever having played Superman

What?

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 12:30 AM

He obviously means “play Superman again”

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 12:34 AM

R4 Reason he quit the show was to play Superman again, if he winds up not playing him and quit for nothing it would be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 12:35 AM

Cavill is actually good as Superman. It would be a shame if Warners fucked this up knowing that there is a big fan base for Cavill's Superman.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 6:40 PM

What r2 said.

It serves him right. He walked away his Witcher job for this He deserves to be taught a lesson for his arrogance of thinking he should snub his nose at a steady job in which he was the top billed actor.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 6:43 PM

Gunn has shared at least two images on Twitter in which an older Superman is at the center of the picture. That would actually suggest Henry would stay in the role as he’ll be 40 soon. They would probably not recast since there are so few actors in that age group who could play Superman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 6:51 PM

Heres the other image he shared

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 6:52 PM

Cavill just had a cameo as Superman in 'Black Adam' (2022), without any question as to whether or not to include it. It seems like a done deal to me. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 8:44 PM

MAKE SUPERMAN CAVILL AGAIN!!

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 9:45 PM

I love that they're toying with him, like a cat and a mouse.

Seethe, closet case Henry.

Seeethe!!!!

NO WIRE HANGERS, EVER!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 9:52 PM

A nice rundown of the chaos going on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 9:53 PM

Maybe they will replace him with Liam Hemsworth?

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 11:05 PM

James Gunn appears to be eager to indicate he wants to make a Superman movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2022 9:09 PM

[quote] MAKE SUPERMAN CAVILL AGAIN!!

No MSG!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2022 9:16 PM

These movies all suck.

I’d rather watch a film loop of Cavill bouncing his wonderful hairy pecs for two hours.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2022 9:17 PM

He lost two big projects, all he has is Enola Holmes now. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2022 6:25 AM

R14. Funny how the article tries to portray people as up in arms about this.

Was this not exactly why Gunn was brought on in the first place? To shake up and reinvigorate a stagnant franchise?

Content creators must be very nervous but there's no need for fans to get huffy. I personally welcome them wiping the slate clean and starting again.

And that article is hilarious trying to portray Black Adam as a success because it made a profit of $50 mil. Amazing!

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2022 9:37 AM

Did the Rock ruin Henry's life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2022 7:46 PM

"Cavill is actually good as Superman. It would be a shame if Warners fucked this up knowing that there is a big fan base for Cavill's Superman."

That fanbase is lame. It never shows up to blow up the box office, and it's called show business for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2022 6:33 AM

This is such a mess.

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2022 6:43 AM

What fanbase? Some obsessive fraus? They don’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2022 6:45 AM

Why are they having a balding Superman? Look at R21. Who styled that grandpa hair? 👴🏻

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2022 6:46 AM

Warner Bros is melting down.

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2022 7:08 AM

Henry is definitely hot enough and deserving of a last chance to play Superman again. If they're smart, they can wrap up this current messy cinematic universe with one more Superman film and make it seem less like they've shitcanned everything.

Just bring some humor into it, give Supes a good villain and better story with Lois (Amy, one assumes) and get away from the grimdark garbage Snyder was obsessed with.

I assume Henry wouldn't walk away from the Witcher series without something in writing from WB. I'm sure he'll be fine financially.

And I really like your bouncing pecs idea, whoever said it!

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2022 7:26 AM

R26 don’t be shocked if the next Superman film is the first one to be released by Universal Pictures

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2022 10:28 AM

He’s officially out as Superman, what a loser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2022 1:05 AM

He said he was told in October to announce his return -- PRIOR TO HIS HIRE!

So, he quit his job sometime before October, but I believe his RETURN as Supes was contingent upon Black Adam performing well at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 30December 15, 2022 8:50 AM

R30. It definitely seems that way. Even if Johnson actually was fighting for him, he clearly doesn't have as much leverage as he thought with Black Adam's poorer than expected performance.

by Anonymousreply 31December 15, 2022 9:14 AM

I've never heard of a super hero called black Adam before the rock was in the news with it. Is this really a popular hero? Who wants to watch that?

by Anonymousreply 32December 15, 2022 12:54 PM

R31 you don't think Duane Johnson has leverage in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 33December 15, 2022 1:06 PM

Black Adam underperformed r33. So Johnson doesn't have much leverage to get his way with DC films.

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2022 1:21 PM

Time for an Only Fans.

by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2022 1:26 PM

Black Adam is whack, madam.

by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2022 1:29 PM

R33 R34 According to this picture which shows someone who claimed to be an A lister from the 80s, The Rock seemed to have much power once. Read the very last sentence in the right black field. Is his leverage gone because his "opening" isn't wanted anymore due to being over 50? Sad. #ageism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 15, 2022 1:59 PM

This sucks. Poor Henry. What a shitty turnaround.

Snyder screwed him over. His Supes was never fun.

by Anonymousreply 38December 15, 2022 2:17 PM

Will Nataly Virscusu be fired?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 15, 2022 3:01 PM

Ultimately it was Cavill's decision to walk away from The Witcher. It doesn't matter how much handshakes and verbal promises he got about Superman.

He took a lucrative sure thing job and left it.

by Anonymousreply 40December 15, 2022 3:27 PM

R40 yes, he is conceited. Quitting the witcher because they don't follow the books was dumb when he wasn't a 100% sure about getting superman. Through witcher he would have lasted another 6 years as an A+ lister but now he will become Tudors-level again. His own fault.

by Anonymousreply 41December 15, 2022 3:31 PM

I don’t think The Witcher is A+ lister.

by Anonymousreply 42December 15, 2022 3:37 PM

Rock ruined it twice apparently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2022 8:25 PM

I feel shitty for him, and us. No more shirtless running scenes.

Seriously though, what a crap situation. He should have gotten it in writing that he'd be coming back, at least then they'd feel some obligation to pay him out or something.

I'll miss his chiseled face.

by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2022 10:16 PM

His biggest dummy move was signing Dany Garcia as his manager. He should have hired a manager who worked with unknowns and made them a household name. Cavill's desire to appear to be A-list was one of the things blocking his vision. I assume Dany sold him that he would star in movies along with her other client -- The Rock, but even that didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 45December 16, 2022 4:40 AM

I don't think WB made any promises to Henry. There is something wrong with him, Dany, or both. He left the Witcher, was removed from the Flash, and is now blocked from ever starring as Supes. Before this, he walked off another production, and he didn't think that would follow him?

Apparently, ever since he did that, there was nothing but bad luck following him. Hollywood is a small town. People talk.

by Anonymousreply 46December 16, 2022 4:45 AM

Do they really have anything to lose by including him in The Flash at this point? I mean...we all know nothing in that film is going to affect things going forward so...why not give Henry one last bow?

by Anonymousreply 47December 16, 2022 4:57 AM

R47 one last blow from Ezra?

by Anonymousreply 48December 16, 2022 5:05 AM

Comic Geek here. Warner Brothers is pissed at both Dewayne Johnson AND Henry Cavill. They only wanted Cavill for a small role to set up the next Superman franchise as a launch for Jonathan Kent (Son of Superman). The actual Superman in DC Comics now is Jon Kent. Not Clark Kent. Jon is approximately 17 years old in the comics. WB are pissed at Rock because he ran off at the mouth about Black Adam profits and promised a Superman/Black Adam movie that DC/WB never wanted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 16, 2022 5:14 AM

Looks like Jon should have been aborted for Henry's sake.

by Anonymousreply 50December 16, 2022 5:20 AM

LOL, R50

by Anonymousreply 51December 16, 2022 5:36 AM

R49 Why put him in another cameo, if they only wanted him in a small role to set up for Jon Kent. Why were Rock and Dany acting as if they resurrected Supes? Why was HC saying he will be back? Grace Randolf was the only one who said that there was no contract Supes, but people like to dog her out.

by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2022 5:42 AM

I'd assume that Henry wouldn't be so stupid as to lie to the public about "being back!!!" when there actually weren't any plans for him to return in anything beyond a cameo to set-up a different franchise. I honestly think he truly believed there was a sequel to Man of Steel now seriously on the table. For him to just rile up the public like that, to use it as leverage to show WB there was interest in his returning in a full movie? Well, that'd be pretty dumb. He was lucky they were still talking to him at all...why jeopardize things by creating the impression he was back for a film when he knew it was only a cameo?

My guess is, he genuinely thought he'd be back for a movie, and then plans changed, Gunn was brought in and more drastic measures were taken to restructure.

Now...The Rock on the other hand? I wouldn't put it past him to try and strongarm WB into doing things his way by lying to the public and trying to shape the narrative to suit his preferences. I mean...he literally made Black Adam into something else, seemingly for the sake of his ego...so...yeah.

As for this Jon Kent stuff, I'm not sure what to believe. It seems like a conspiracy theory being pushed because fans believe DC will not be able to extend their copyright control over Superman in a few years, so they needed to whole-cloth make up a new one and position him as the "Real Superman" in order to continue selling comics. I don't know if that's really true.

They've also been saying Yara Flo will take over as the new Real Wonder Woman...but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Just because they come up with alternate versions of the main heroes (Yara, Jon, Artemis, Nubia, Terry, whoever) doesn't mean the OG versions will be permanently sidelined.

by Anonymousreply 53December 16, 2022 6:08 AM

THIS STORY. DC and Warner Brothers NEVER wanted Henry back (that sometimes means something happened behind the scenes). Then Dewayne Johnson started taking credit for "saving" Superman and WB SHOVED both of them back this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 16, 2022 6:09 AM

Besides, why would they want him to set up a Jon Kent Superman film if they're already introducing a Supergirl in the Flash movie, who - correct me if I'm wrong - is supposed to be Lois and Clark's daughter??

Wouldn't they just give HER a spin-off film instead of Jon?

by Anonymousreply 55December 16, 2022 6:09 AM

THIS STORY days ago = Warner Brothers shutting down big mouth Dewayne Johnson over money.......Both Johnson and Cavill schooled within THREE days of each other? WB is showing ALL of the actors who is in charge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 16, 2022 6:11 AM

Wow, wow, wow, the Rock will survive this, but HC won't.

by Anonymousreply 57December 16, 2022 7:48 AM

"I'd assume that Henry wouldn't be so stupid as to lie to the public about "being back!!!" when there actually weren't any plans for him to return in anything beyond a cameo to set-up a different franchise. I honestly think he truly believed there was a sequel to Man of Steel now seriously on the table. For him to just rile up the public like that, to use it as leverage to show WB there was interest in his returning in a full movie? Well, that'd be pretty dumb. He was lucky they were still talking to him at all...why jeopardize things by creating the impression he was back for a film when he knew it was only a cameo?

My guess is, he genuinely thought he'd be back for a movie, and then plans changed, Gunn was brought in and more drastic measures were taken to restructure."

You give Henry Cavill too much credit. He's not the brightest. He has done one too many dumb things. The biggest was asking for more money and a solo film, right after his latest movie at the time, JL bombed.

by Anonymousreply 58December 16, 2022 7:51 AM

R58 There is a user on here who often claims that Henry could be an aspie and AFAIK they often have trouble understanding sarcasm. Maybe WB told Henry in a sarcastic way that he'd be back as Superman for a whole movie (as if) and he believed it and went straight to insta?

by Anonymousreply 59December 16, 2022 12:52 PM

The rock has spoken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 17, 2022 2:29 AM

The Rock and Cavill seemed to BOTH fuck this up. For some reason Dewayne Johnson thought DC/Warner was going to sit around and let HIM dictate how Warner Brothers goes forward. And because Rock "won" by getting Cavill back into the Superman role Henry thought he was solid. I said this in an above post = There is a REASON DC does not want Caville, and haven't for almost 10 years. We will probably never know what it is, but usually "backstage issues" are the reason. Henry hasn't exactly been breaking box office records since Superman either. Spider-Man has proven fans will rally around another actor in a role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 17, 2022 10:38 AM

"There is a user on here who often claims that Henry could be an aspie and AFAIK they often have trouble understanding sarcasm. Maybe WB told Henry in a sarcastic way that he'd be back as Superman for a whole movie (as if) and he believed it and went straight to insta?"

Whether that is true or not, he had representation with him at the WB meeting. He has been in the business for years. He knows or should know that he doesn't have a contract, he has nothing.

Personally, I think he's bi-polar, especially when he came up with this grandiose idea that they should give him a sola Supes, when the franchise wasn't meeting expectations. Plus, he wanted more money on top of that.

Also, he walked off the set of a film he was trying to produce, leaving the rest of the team in the lurch. Ditching a production is another thing he should know is wrong, but something isn't right in his head.

by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2022 3:11 AM

What film, R62 ? I never heard about that.

Yes, he should have had a team around him, making sure ther is a contract. This is baffling. Advising him when he becomes irrational.

He seems obsessed with being Superman and lost rationality when he hoped getting that role back.

by Anonymousreply 63December 18, 2022 3:36 AM

Why the hell was he letting the former Mrs Rock manage his career, and additionally let Mr Rock steer his decisions about how to strategically get himself back in the cape??

That's essentially only listening to one opinion - theirs. And really, who the fuck are they to DC/WB? Didn't it take the Rock something like five years to get this stupid Black Adam movie made? It's not exactly like he has the full respect and trust of the studio, obviously, if they put him off for half a decade.

I just don't get it. Henry should have been aligning with other people, not just Dwayne, as he pushes his way into a complicated flailing cinematic universe, claiming to have all the answers and then making demands about who his character should and shouldn't be.

It's INSANE that he didn't want to appear with Shazam. Like....really? Do you GET that you're playing a SHAZAM villain, you dolt???

by Anonymousreply 64December 18, 2022 5:41 AM

The Rock is said to be the highest-paid actor in the world, and Henry has said he’s in it only for the money. That’s why he listens to the Rock and ex-Mrs. Rock.

by Anonymousreply 65December 18, 2022 5:45 AM

"It's INSANE that he didn't want to appear with Shazam. Like....really? Do you GET that you're playing a SHAZAM villain, you dolt???"

Henry was supposed to do a cameo in Shazam. He didn't, and that's what burned his bridge.

by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2022 7:21 AM

R63

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 18, 2022 7:22 AM

Why didn't he want to cameo in SHAZAM? I would think he'd jump at the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 68December 18, 2022 7:23 AM

He wanted a Supes' film and more money.

by Anonymousreply 69December 18, 2022 7:38 AM

The Rock refused to be opposite Shazam.

Henry, back when the first Shazam was coming out did refuse to cameo because everything hadn't quite gone to shit yet. He was angling for another solo film and thought he could get it.

Rock didn't want Black Adam opposite good guy Shazam because he doesn't want to be defeated on screen ever.

....so then why play a villain??!?

That's why this movie was about making Adam an antihero or some shit. Idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 70December 18, 2022 7:50 AM

R67. I think this Witcher drama, and that WB was so reluctant to hire him back, should be taken as warning signs that Henry's actually quite a difficult actor.

We want to blame the writers of The Witcher (who are admittedly bad) and the execs of WB for their greed (which is probably accurate) but Henry is still a common denominator. And the toxicity of his fanbase after him leaving The Witcher was actually kind of appalling. The show isn't great but Henry stepping away from it because he didn't agree with the direction probably shouldn't be taken as some sort of principled stance. He is an actor, not a writer, for a reason.

I'm not saying actors can't have disagreements with the work their involved in, but him stepping away irritated me and struck me as slightly unprofessional. Even the actors of Game of Thrones seemingly knew how shit Season 8 was shaping up to be and they still did their jobs - through gritted teeth - of performing both on and off the screen.

And this recent announcement that he'll be starring in and EPing a new Warhammer 40k show sounds pretty desperate. It reeks of Amazon's opportunism and comes off as stunt/fan casting. Also, if his move away from The Witcher was to get away from being a streaming star than it's accomplished the exact opposite of that.

Seems to be a bad year for him.

by Anonymousreply 71December 18, 2022 8:06 AM

"And this recent announcement that he'll be starring in and EPing a new Warhammer 40k show sounds pretty desperate. It reeks of Amazon's opportunism and comes off as stunt/fan casting. "

He was angling for Warhammer back in Feb 2022, so this was during the start of filming of S3 of Witcher. I am sure he shopped around the show to many, but it was Amazon that bought the rights.

However, this is not a movie/tv deal, yet.

Studios do this all of the time, gobble up works and shelve them.

In fact, there is no one attached to the project. He has to get a good cast/crew to get this thing off the ground.

by Anonymousreply 72December 18, 2022 8:31 AM

The Warhammer news is cleary a "save face" stunt to make Cavill not look like a total loser who got screwed over.

by Anonymousreply 73December 18, 2022 8:34 AM

R73 I will have to agree. According to Hollywood Reporter, this is envisioned as a "potential" film and TV play. Henry going off about how he is so honored to be shepherding this project seems so lame.

Anyone in the business knows this is nothing. Amazon secured rights. It's merely in the development phase, and that's equivalent to the first trimester of pregnancy, which is why no one makes an announcement of pre-production in case, the thing never takes off.

by Anonymousreply 74December 18, 2022 9:06 AM

So what's going to happen to The Rock? Is he tainted by any of this?

by Anonymousreply 75December 18, 2022 9:48 AM

R74. Exactly my thoughts. It comes off quite desperate and the statement seems as if it is just to try and get some momentum going to push it ahead so he can show he's "bounced back".

It's actually quite interesting to see people online talking about how he's aged out of these roles. People always talk about women aging out of Hollywood at 30, but Henry seems one of those male actors who's at risk of aging out of the industry at age 40.

Must be quite demoralizing.

by Anonymousreply 76December 18, 2022 10:10 AM

Thanks, R67.

Yikes ! So, there is a precedent.

When he left The Witcher, it seemed it was because he wouldn't have the time anymore, having an intense schedule. I remember being a bit worried for him about burning that bridge, even if it was for a bigger contract. The average worker/citizen in me is having second hand anxiety seeing him squander away his job opportunities.

That said, the WB studios also seem to be mean-spirited and abusive towards him. Not erasing his mustache properly on film so he looked like an idiot ? Having him take part in the Justice League tour with the other actors but forbidding him to reveal his character would be resuscitated at the end, so he was there and had nothing to do ? Announcing they would make a Black Superman movie exactly on a May 5th, his birthday ? ( We know you'd love to have it again, well, there is no hope it can be you!) Telling him to announce he is back with pomp and fanfare, just to ditch him ? If it is a vengeance, it appears cheap and unprofessional. They look like they are trolling him and the Superman fans. In this day and age, it does nothing to improve the atmosphere on the social media. Why antagonize people on purpose ?

They seem to have mismanaged the Superman project. And no matter what Henry's faults might be, it is not a good look on them either and this comes across as a very toxic relationship the actor should walk away from.

Cavill might have a past but, he has always been gracious publicly. People on the internet make supposition. I feel bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 77December 18, 2022 10:25 AM

I think some higher ups have this perverse joy in fucking with people. Remember, James Franco said that Cavill told him his dream would be to play Superman. Cavill was an easy mark for powerful jerks who want to play petty mind games.

As we live in a materialistic society, we always go back to making "well, this decision was strictly business!", but with more and more powerful guys making terrible business decisions like (Kan)Ye and Elon Musk (or Bezos divorcing his wife to fuck a skank who shares his dick pics), we start to question our belief in "smart" businessmen.

by Anonymousreply 78December 18, 2022 10:45 AM

The Rock has actually unfollowed Warner Bros. on social media. Dwayne Johnson is becoming a go to guy for streaming movies, so he doesn’t really need a legacy studio like WB.

by Anonymousreply 79December 18, 2022 11:24 AM

I don’t understand why James Gunn has been given control of the DC movies? Yes, his Marvel movies are great but The Suicide Squad was a big flop for Warners, even if it’s considered a better film than the previous attempt (which isn’t hard).

by Anonymousreply 80December 18, 2022 12:17 PM

Gunn is delivering (dark) humor. The Suicide Squad, Peacemaker, etc. did fairly well.

The recent successes of Marvel are all based on heroic humor. Guardians of the Galaxy, Waika's Thor movies, Spiderman, etc.

by Anonymousreply 81December 18, 2022 12:23 PM

But R81 I thought Warners only cared about $$$? They clearly don’t care about quality based on most of their superhero output. The Suicide Squad must’ve lost them a fair bit?

by Anonymousreply 82December 18, 2022 12:30 PM

[quote]The Suicide Squad was a big flop for Warners

It was released during COVID but still drew in theatergoers as well as huge streaming numbers.

by Anonymousreply 83December 18, 2022 12:33 PM

$56m domestic on a $185m budget. Streaming numbers are all well and good but they don’t equal box office takings. Worldwide the film didn’t even make back its budget and most countries didn’t have a streaming option at all.

by Anonymousreply 84December 18, 2022 12:38 PM

The pre-pandemic talk, fan theories really, is back of David Corenswet taking over as Superman.

The linked article is from August 23rd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 18, 2022 12:39 PM

David Corenswet at 30 is already too old for Gunn’s pitch. He is actually older than Cavill when Man of Steel was made.

by Anonymousreply 86December 18, 2022 12:47 PM

Cavill was 27 when cast in MoS and played a 33 year old Clark Kent.

They will cast 20 to 25 if it gets made.

by Anonymousreply 87December 18, 2022 12:51 PM

Fabelmans actor Sam Rechner at 20 will probably be a front runner although his look is more Triumph of the Will than Superman

No one accused Gunn of ever having good taste though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 18, 2022 1:01 PM

They just don't make "sensitive content" like they used to.

by Anonymousreply 89December 18, 2022 1:04 PM

To destroy HBO Max, one of the top 3 streamers, because Discovery+ wasn’t selling, tells you all you need to know about the new bonehead in charge. He said he intends to turn HBO Max into 90% unscripted television. Comcast cannot buy WB fast enough and save it.

by Anonymousreply 90December 18, 2022 1:11 PM

Henry's cameo has been cut from The Flash. So has Gal Gadot's. While Ezra Miller still flourishes, Cavill is canceled.

I think the definition of "problematic actor" does fluctuate depending on who the actor is and who protects him ...

by Anonymousreply 91December 18, 2022 10:20 PM

Ezra Miller isn't flourishing, they can't edit him out of a movie where he's the central character so they're going to dump it in theaters to try and get some return on it and then recast.

by Anonymousreply 92December 18, 2022 10:27 PM

OK, R92. I'm aware of that, of course. But the cruel irony remains.

by Anonymousreply 93December 18, 2022 10:44 PM

Gal Gadot is no longer Wonder Woman?

by Anonymousreply 94December 18, 2022 11:53 PM

It seems so.

by Anonymousreply 95December 18, 2022 11:56 PM

Honestly, unless their cameos were simply to tease another movie, why not leave them in? My understanding was that the Flash movie was a timeline-jumping/alternate universe-jumping thing, what with Burton's Batman - Keaton - plus some new Supergirl (Clark's daughter?), plus Afflick's Batman and Henry and Gal as Supes and Diana...

I'd heard that movie was designed to be a bit of a reset button...so why edit out the last appearances of those versions of the characters?

by Anonymousreply 96December 19, 2022 6:56 AM

They only edited out BA and HC. Gal wasn't in a cameo. I understand why they edited out BA, because Robert Pattison is playing Batman. HC was probably dumped because they are not moving forward with a Supes film. Most likely HC was added due to the hopes of Black Adam blowing up w/his cameo.

by Anonymousreply 97December 19, 2022 7:35 AM

Poor Darcia...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 19, 2022 1:09 PM

R98 Link doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 99December 20, 2022 6:33 AM

If The Flash is a hit Ezra will not be recast.

by Anonymousreply 100December 20, 2022 6:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!