Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Wonder Woman 3’ CANCELED!

DC/WB have decided not to move forward with making a third film!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 17, 2022 2:01 AM

Here's wishing all the dumb ass comic book movies die a quick painful death and we start having movies about human beings again

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 11:44 PM

First film made 822 million; second film made 170 million.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 11:45 PM

R2 because it came out during Covid when most theaters were still closed.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 11:50 PM

It was made available on HBOMAX the same weekend it went in the few theaters that were opened. It crashed the app, so many people were trying to watch it at the same time

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 11:51 PM

Good. Gal Gadot is dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 11:53 PM

James Gunn is now a studio head?

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 11:57 PM

Wtf?! What the hell are our Discovery HBO Warner overlords doing?! Can someone please acquire the company from them (NOT another merger please, and by someone who knows what they are doing).

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 12:00 AM

R6 he is the head of the DC division for WB.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 12:00 AM

We’ve had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 12:02 AM

Gal Gadot can’t act her way out of a paper bag. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 12:09 AM

Cue feminist outrage in 3.....2.....

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 12:10 AM

Bye bye, WW!

Hello WEASEL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 12:10 AM

some of the scripts/stories/canon....

*shakes head*

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 12:12 AM

Is this the same guy that killed the Batwoman or Batgirl film after it was already finished?

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 12:15 AM

R14 James Gunn didn’t make that choice. The new CEO did.

This merger has been a nightmare. I don’t know why they even did this.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 12:16 AM

A #BlackAdam sequel is unlikely

(via @THR)

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 12:17 AM

R16 it flopped.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 12:18 AM

Wonder Woman 84 was awful. It's failure had nothing to do with Covid.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 12:18 AM

R18 the theaters were still closed nationwide. Only select theaters were open. Look into it.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 12:19 AM

No one cares R19

IT

WAS

STILL

A

FUCKING

ATROCITY

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 12:21 AM

[quote]Wtf?! What the hell are our Discovery HBO Warner overlords doing?! Can someone please acquire the company from them (NOT another merger please, and by someone who knows what they are doing).

Truly. I absolutely hate Comcast, yet, I find myself hoping Comcast steps in as a white knight.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 12:22 AM

R20 I agree. But that isn’t why it had low box office.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 12:22 AM

They seem to have a problem with female superheroes. There's a pattern now. DC movies are bad enough without adding sexism to it and that's what they just did. Bringing back an old-assed white male Superman and dropping their most successful female-lead franchise? They'll reverse this.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 12:22 AM

R23 that’s Marvel also….

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 12:23 AM

This clip of her as Wonder Woman sums up how awful she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 12:24 AM

R20, it didn't have great box office in the middle of covid. How many of their male lead movie haven't had great box office without a pandemic? Yet, they're still around and adding more male lead movies. It's going to be a problem. The implications of this are very bad for them.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2022 12:25 AM

R23 is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 12:25 AM

They're doing exactly what they should be doing. Hard reset, start with a clean slate. Most of the actors playing the leads are garbage, the stories they've done so far are garbage. Toss everything.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2022 12:26 AM

R27 is an incel.

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 12:31 AM

Gal posted this on Twitter yesterday. lol

“ A few years ago it was announced that I was going to play Wonder Woman.I’ve been so grateful for the opportunity to play such an incredible, iconic character and more than anything I’m grateful for YOU.The fans.Can’t wait to share her next chapter with you🙅🏻‍♀️🙌🏼💃🏻♥️”

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2022 12:32 AM

Yes, r29, I’m an incel because I don’t support a terrible actress for a terrible movie. You got me. Any more woke shit you wanna spout?

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2022 12:32 AM

R3

I was also awful, not that the first was great.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2022 12:35 AM

Are there really no other stories in the entire universe to tell???

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2022 12:36 AM

I’ve yet to sit through an entire DC film.

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2022 12:43 AM

Wonder Woman was amazing

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2022 1:14 AM

Wonder Woman sequel was singularly horrible .

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote]Here's wishing all the dumb ass comic book movies die a quick painful death and we start having movies about human beings again

Movies aren't a zero-sum game. Movies based on comic books are a genre but that doesn't mean other genres can't be made. The problem is the movies "about normal human beings" have sucked lately. It costs something like $50 for two people to go to a movie. Those "normal human being(s)" movies are often badly-written rip-offs of older movies.

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2022 1:32 AM

There is only ONE Wonder Woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2022 1:33 AM

R3 Also, the first one was very good and the second was awful.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2022 1:35 AM

R37 you’re sorta right but also off. It’s like $50 for two people to go to the movies which is why many aren’t willing to pay to see normal people movies. If I’m paying for a movie these days it’s something big and fun. Not some serious drama.

by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2022 1:36 AM

R40 has a point. Films are shit now. Television has surpassed film. To spend that amount of money to see a mediocre film which will be out on digital in 90 days is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2022 1:44 AM

Wonder Woman is an important character but the last movie was awful. Hopefully they can reboot the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2022 2:14 AM

R19? The movie sucked. I watched it the day it was released, at home. It was terrible. I was a huge fan of the first one. The second one tanked because it was a terrible movie. It had nothing to do with theaters being closed.

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2022 3:11 AM

Ezra Miller will be recast as Wonder Woman!

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2022 3:18 AM

So bitchy:

They were expecting a screenplay, we understand, and instead the new bosses got pieces of paper that just weren’t suitable.

by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2022 3:22 AM

Wonder Woman 2 was awful. Patty Jenkins completely ruined the goodwill people had after the first one.

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2022 3:25 AM

[Quote] Is this the same guy that killed the Batwoman or Batgirl film after it was already finished?

Batwoman was cancelled after season 3. The Batgirl movie never saw the light of day because of Zaslav.

[Quote] They're doing exactly what they should be doing. Hard reset, start with a clean slate. Most of the actors playing the leads are garbage, the stories they've done so far are garbage. Toss everything.

That's all DC does! Constantly rebooting, throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. I don't know why you're talking about the actors being garbage, none of them are Oscar winners.

[Quote] Hopefully they can reboot the franchise.

So who should play Wonder Woman next?

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2022 3:52 AM

I generally find the DC films way too grim. The exceptions for me were Shazam and The Suicide Squad (2nd film), both of which were extremely fun and didn’t put me to sleep..

I love Peacemaker so I’m hoping for the best with James Gunn.

by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2022 4:02 AM

It’s over for the uncharismatic Gal Gadot.

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2022 4:05 AM

Remember the trolls we had insisting that Captain Marvel was woke feminist shit and WW was *so* much better?

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2022 4:09 AM

Is she still doing Cleopatra with Gal or did that get canceled too?

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2022 4:11 AM

Gal is 37 which is 90 in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2022 4:15 AM

I think this is just a strategy to get rid of Patty Jenkins and bring in a fresh director (male/loves comics).

Let's face it WW2 was absolute shit! Patty pitched WW3 and the studio was like, "No thanks".

Gal is under contract, but they'll bring in a whole new team (hopefully men) who are the target audience for this franchise!

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2022 4:53 AM

DC is a total mess.

I had no idea “Black Adam” was a bomb, it’s tough for The Rock to bomb at the box office. That’s not a good sign when The Rock can’t sell your movies.

“Wonder Woman 1984” was cute but the Wonder Woman world isn’t that interesting. I don’t think people are very invested in the series so I don’t think too many hearts will be shattered over it getting the axe.

They won’t touch the new Batman series or The Joker series.

But you can throw out the rest of the DC World. Harley Quinn is a great breakout character but they haven’t done anything decent with her (the cartoon is great though).

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2022 4:55 AM

R51 I think she’s still doing it but they got rid of Patty with that movie too.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2022 4:55 AM

Things could be worse for DC. They could be Star Wars right now.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2022 4:56 AM

[quote] That’s not a good sign when The Rock can’t sell your movies.

How unbelievably sad that this can be said with a straight face.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2022 5:04 AM

Patty Jenkins came out of nowhere. I'll never understand where she came from. I assume, it's "nepotism".

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2022 5:07 AM

Just wasn’t interested in the Israeli soldier movies.

Recast please.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2022 5:17 AM

it would b divine if lynda carter returns as an old ww, showing a new brazillian ww the rope

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2022 5:40 AM

Good, the second one sucked.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2022 6:22 AM

First one was good but sloggish at the end. Second one was dreck with fun bits. I'm hoping James Gunn will make the DC universe work but, fuck, I am so sick of superhero movies.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2022 6:35 AM

[Quote] That’s not a good sign when The Rock can’t sell your movies.

Not even Henry's cameo could save it.

[Quote] it would b divine if lynda carter returns as an old ww, showing a new brazillian ww the rope

Well she was in WW84 as an older Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2022 6:37 AM

Loved Carter in the TV show, but DC movies never seem to work except for Batman or adjacent. Loved the two Burton films (Batman Returns in particular) and enjoyed Gotham as a camp-fest with some great gay talent but the rest of it...ugh. Batman Begins was solidly made and well-acted but then they decided to scrub every bit of Gothic atmosphere out of the sets. Who wants to see Batman in daylight battling through what might as well be Dallas?

Did not care for the first Gadot film and have skipped pretty much everything else. Black Adam was horrifically bad if well-intentioned, and the group of superheroes they assembled just underlined how Marvel struck comedy gold with their casting. There was a sense of rapport between the performers that DC has never managed to till.

I agree that television has taken over "serious" content and the big screen is basically a playground. That doesn't have to be an entirely bad thing if the televised dramas pull their weight and the playground is fun.

DC is not fun.

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2022 6:51 AM

[quote] Ezra Miller will be recast as Wonder Woman!

Nope, not butch enough.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2022 6:54 AM

The first one was close to being brilliant and then Patty sacked the first movies writer and "crafted" her own script that featured rape as a semi joke and expected it to be loved, the mess off a movie that the second one became cost her the star wars gig.

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2022 7:01 AM

The second one was embarrassing with Kristen Wiig and Chris Pine.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote] So who should play Wonder Woman next?

Laverne Cocks

Mx Billy Porter

Lens

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2022 4:16 PM

oh and I forgot

Lizzo

IS

Wonder Island!

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2022 4:16 PM

Just like they found Lynda Carter in the 1970s, there's a beautiful, statuesque, athletic actress somewhere out there that would make a fantastic Wonder Woman. But they won't bother to look, because they're DC. They'll look over the list of young actresses on the come-up and see who they can shoehorn into the role.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2022 5:03 PM

It amazes me that all this time (more or less) they've had Henry Cavill but they've only had him star in two movies, MoS and BvS. You have a gorgeous heartthrob playing your flagship character and you spend the better part of a decade just using him as a plot device (JL) or a supporting character. Make a new Superman film and use these other characters as HIS supporting characters. They should build their universe around Superman the way Marvel built theirs around Iron Man.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2022 5:06 PM

I agree it's time to recast WW with a younger unknown actor who actually looks the part and fits the role.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2022 5:07 PM

[Quote] They'll look over the list of young actresses on the come-up and see who they can shoehorn into the role.

Ugh why does she have to be younger? Why can't someone like Alexandra Daddario play the part?

[Quote] It amazes me that all this time (more or less) they've had Henry Cavill but they've only had him star in two movies, MoS and BvS. You have a gorgeous heartthrob playing your flagship character and you spend the better part of a decade just using him as a plot device (JL) or a supporting character. Make a new Superman film and use these other characters as HIS supporting characters.

At the moment there's still the Superman show on CW, but that will probably be getting cancelled soon.

Henry pissed off WB when he approached them about a MoS sequel with Christopher McQuarrie directing. McQuarrie said it went so bad he would never approach WB again. The other issue is that Henry's manager is also the Rock's (and his ex wife) which means he will always come first. That's why there's all these stupid articles about The Rock wanting Black Adam to be the centre of the DCVerse.

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2022 12:02 AM

A reboot of Wonder Woman every five years sounds about right to us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2022 11:00 AM

[quote]Ugh why does she have to be younger?

Because narratively, the character is an immortal demigoddess. She doesn't age. From the business side of things, DC wants a franchise player who can inhabit the role (of an immortal demigoddess who doesn't age) for at least a decade. From a purely aesthetic point of view, she needs to be young and "hot" for male superhero fans who are the primary target.

[quote]Why can't someone like Alexandra Dadderio play the part?

At 36, she's only one year younger than Gal Gadot. She's also not right looks-wise. Alexandra is very pretty, but not quite beautiful and certainly not "goddess" level beautiful. I'm not seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2022 2:28 PM

R64 Burton’s Gotham wasn’t campy or gay. It was dark and dangerous. Schumacher is the one who made Gotham colorful and campy, which is what he was hired to do after they dropped Burton because Returns underperformed and there were parents who refused to take their kids because they felt it was too dark and didn’t feel child friendly.

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2022 2:46 PM

The McDonalds tie-in to Batman Returns even had drama around it. It was a mess.

How times have changed over the last 30 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2022 2:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2022 2:59 PM

WW84 actually performed well despite the poor reception, which is why the 3rd was green-lit. It was cancelled because they are completely redoing the DCEU.

I’m bummed about not getting to see Circe, my favorite Wonder Woman villain.

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2022 4:37 PM

[Quote] Because narratively, the character is an immortal demigoddess. She doesn't age. From the business side of things, DC wants a franchise player who can inhabit the role (of an immortal demigoddess who doesn't age) for at least a decade. From a purely aesthetic point of view, she needs to be young and "hot" for male superhero fans who are the primary target.

She doesn't need to be that young to play an immortal and who cares what the male fanboys want when it comes to WW. They bitch about everything anyway.

[Quote] At 36, she's only one year younger than Gal Gadot. She's also not right looks-wise. Alexandra is very pretty, but not quite beautiful and certainly not "goddess" level beautiful. I'm not seeing it.

36 isn't old and i think she's beautiful. But i don't see her being interested in playing this character. I actually think she gets fancast more often to play Zatanna.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2022 4:39 PM

The canceled it because they didn’t like Patty Jenkins screenplay and she literally refused to rework it despite WB demanding it. Instead of finding someone new they decided to just cancel it all together since they’re retooling the DC division now that James Gunn is in charge.

by Anonymousreply 81December 9, 2022 4:40 PM

I don’t know a single straight man or woman who doesn’t think Gal Gadot is attractive. Everyone online says she’s beautiful too. And she is very hot with a very naturally pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 82December 9, 2022 4:41 PM

To the person who said Captain Marvel was better than WW, it really really wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 83December 9, 2022 4:42 PM

I will take Captain Marvel over Love & Thunder. That movie was beyond obnoxious.

Black Adam was ok?? But i give most of the credit to the supporting actors.

by Anonymousreply 84December 9, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote]who cares what the male fanboys want

[quote]36 isn't old

Have you never heard of "Hollywood?" Is the concept entirely unknown to you? Studios executives actually care a lot about "what male fanboys" want, and 36 is practically menopausal to them.

by Anonymousreply 85December 9, 2022 4:57 PM

But Gal is gorgeous. That’s what they care about.

by Anonymousreply 86December 9, 2022 4:59 PM

R76, I was referring to the TV show "Gotham" which was campy as all get-out. Should have made that more clear.

Burton's version of Gotham City was indeed an intimidating place.

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2022 5:06 PM

What sucked about WW84 movie was the weak ass villain, the bad CGI and the stupid kumbaya speech in the end. The first WW was grittier. Gal is not a great actress but she had made the character her own. I hope they keep her and give her blue contact lenses

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2022 5:22 PM

Gal would look ridiculous with blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2022 5:23 PM

Wonder Woman supposed to have blue eyes

by Anonymousreply 90December 9, 2022 6:04 PM

Well she hasn’t in the movie world. So no.

Why would she suddenly have blue eyes? Gal wouldn’t look good either. She has dark features that wouldn’t blend with blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 91December 9, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]Wonder Woman supposed to have blue eyes

Based on what? The comic books? If that's true she's also "supposed to" wear a pair of star-spangled panties.

No one cares what color eyes she has. Blue eyes don't make a lot of sense anyway since she's most likely ethnically Greek or Anatolian, aka Turkish.

by Anonymousreply 92December 9, 2022 7:10 PM

WW84 needed more Cheetah, less Max Lord.

by Anonymousreply 93December 9, 2022 7:25 PM

WW84 was shit

by Anonymousreply 94December 9, 2022 7:40 PM

The last one sucked.

by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2022 8:12 PM

AGREE r93

by Anonymousreply 96December 9, 2022 8:42 PM

[Quote] Have you never heard of "Hollywood?" Is the concept entirely unknown to you? Studios executives actually care a lot about "what male fanboys" want, and 36 is practically menopausal to them.

I don't know what year you're posting from but a lot of women are just as interested in superhero movies. And the studio executives have made a complete mess of WB for years now.

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2022 12:24 AM

Women are Wonder Woman fans. We grew up with her and wore her UnderRoos and made ourselves aluminum foil bracelets! Men don't like female superheroes unless they're sluts.

by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2022 2:54 AM

[quote] Wonder Woman supposed to have blue eyes

She's only a fictional character, Jill. Go away and learn some more about periods.

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2022 2:59 AM

Imagine there’s no Wonder Woman …

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2022 3:02 AM

R100 and instead we get Wonder Girl?

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2022 3:06 AM

She'll be black or brown in any new film.

by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2022 3:06 AM

Gal Gadot lacks charisma and screen presence. Hope this puts the final nail in the coffin that is called her career.

by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2022 3:11 AM

She has just as much charisma and screen presence as Cavill does as Superman.

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2022 3:15 AM

R102 I doubt it. They would probably give Nubia her own share than make Diana black.

R104 and it looks like Cavill is getting a second chance.

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2022 3:18 AM

R83, I didn't say Captain Marvel was better. I was talking about the aggressive, anti-woke, anti-feminist trolls we had bitching about Captain Marvel and praising WW.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2022 5:24 PM

Imagine there’s no Gal Gadot

It isn’t hard to do

by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2022 12:45 PM

She’s been removed from Flash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 16, 2022 9:25 PM

The way all of these shit actors are being tossed in one fell swoop is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 109December 16, 2022 9:27 PM

R108, she has a cameo in the end of the credits button.

by Anonymousreply 110December 17, 2022 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!