Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you think of Liv Tyler's looks?

Your thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 92January 23, 2023 4:23 AM

Thanks for asking. I saw "stealing beauty" back in the day, and thought : this is the most beautiful girl ever since the glory days of Vivien Leigh/Ava Gardner and co. She was breathtaking. Even more beautiful than young Brooke. I don't know what happened, after a few short years she seemed special needs and fat. I still like her, but I don't think she lived up her promises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 5:14 PM

She looks like a certain female celeb but I can't think of who.

Anyone know who I'm thinking of?

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 5:46 PM

gisele, ava ?

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 6:00 PM

To my eyes she was beautiful then and beautiful now, because of the uniquely hypnotic, ethereal, dreamy and uber-feminine aura she has. Her glow and her eyes and her voice just make you want to watch her.

But I'm a lesbian and not exactly a chooser, so maybe my judgement is more relaxed and forgiving than the caustic objectivity of a DL Eldergay looking to crown a worthy Hollywood Beauty. I don't know the exacting criteria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 6:45 PM

^ ordering the pink Givenchy caftan as I type

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 6:51 PM

She'a a very beautiful woman, from the right angle, but her greatest charm is her voice. Mesmerizing. She's a true siren. And I love her house. The husband is a lucky man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 6:56 PM

[quote] After a few short years she seemed special needs.

Have heard this cruel and shocking assumption about her said a few times. Could it be that because she's unusually nice and sweet and gentle by the standards of her business, and perhaps not the brightest spark? That doesn't make someone literally impaired or disordered.

If anything, many of her contemporaries have nasty personality disorders and limitations that make them act out and show ass, in ways that lovely Liv never has.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 7:00 PM

Too true, r7, especially the part about her being so sweet and kind. I've loved her since I was a teen and she's always warmed my heart. I agree, too many of her contemporaries are monsters and have one scandal after another.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 7:10 PM

She's beautiful and seems like a lovely person. Her voice gets on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 7:14 PM

ugly. big man head face and hands. rough trade anne hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 7:22 PM

She’s still lovely, but she was truly stunning in her early-mid 20s.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote]but I don't think she lived up her promises.

Well r1, I'm sure she's crying buckets. That's the problem with this phrase; she never promised us anything. We just expect she'll be a certain way because of how she looks and a few interviews.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2022 7:27 PM

well, R12 she was set to be a STAH

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2022 7:55 PM

I’ve always thought she looked like Ava.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2022 7:57 PM

R10 neither Crawford nor Garbo were gamine and small-boned, to name just two. Ought they and others be struck off the history books as star beauties of the screen, as well?

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2022 8:20 PM

Beautiful when younger, but she seems to have gained a lot of weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 8:25 PM

She looks a bit like Polanski's sister in law now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2022 8:27 PM

R17 zero

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2022 8:45 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 12:56 AM

She was, is, and always will be exceptionally beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 1:35 AM

I have been a big fan of hers for a very long time. Not the most consistent actress, but she’s fantastic in certain roles. I have always found her extremely beautiful, both physically and just her overall aura. She has a gentleness about her that is very rare—she seems refined, but not a snob. She’s put on some weight with age and I think the smoking has impacted her looks to some degree, but she’s still lovely.

One of her very first roles was in James Mangold’s debut, Heavy, which ranks in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. It’s a quiet, bleak, but beautiful homespun story about an overweight, painfully introverted cook (Pruitt Taylor Vince) who falls in love with her when she comes to work at his family’s restaurant. Debbie Harry plays a cunty, broken waitress there, and Shelley Winters is the batshit matriarch. It’s a wonderful movie, and Liv is perfectly cast in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 3:50 AM

This is intimidating.

(don’t let the “I Want to be Underwhelmed” posters see this)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 5:38 AM

Years ago some science mag named her as having the most perfectly pleasing facial features, scientifically speaking. Something to do with symmetry & whatnot.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 6:28 AM

I agree with R1. I first saw her in Stealing Beauty and she is, in that movie, one of the most beautiful women I've ever laid eyes on. That film has stuck with me ever since for capturing the moment of her peak beauty, you really couldn't take your eyes off her.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 6:50 AM

thanks R24, feeling the same; Are you male or female ? (I'm all male)

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 6:29 PM

[quote]R21 Debbie Harry plays a cunty, broken waitress there, and Shelley Winters is the batshit matriarch. Liv is perfectly cast in it.

I’ve told this story here before, but a friend (a straight guy) had a bit role in that movie, and when he was waiting outside to be called on set Miss Winters ambled out of her trailer, clutched her chest, and shrieked at him, “Stop staring at my tits! Stop staring at my tits!”

I swear to GOD this is true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2022 6:42 PM

I know nothing about her but I always thought her facial expression makes her look very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 10:10 PM

How in the fuck would I know? I’m blind.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2022 10:43 PM

She's always creeped me out.

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 11:01 PM

She reminds me of Demi Moore when she was young. That is who she looks like in the pic.

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2022 11:05 PM

Live is about the only mainstream box-office type actress/model of that generation who didn't seem totally full of herself, trend-chasing, and desperate for fame. Maybe because she was born into too much fame & notoriety on account of her parentage, without asking for it.

She's a nepo baby and a marketing icon, and that is intensely annoying, but at least she's one who seems to have humility and work ethic and normal ethical tastes. She seems like a good Mom, too, fwiw.

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2022 11:25 PM

I loved her on The Leftovers. Such a remarkable transformation between Seasons 1-3.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2022 11:46 PM

I saw her on a series called 'Harlots', and she was totally miscast in that. Of course, she was up against brilliant actresses like Samantha Morton and Lesley Manville, but she just did not fit the environment.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2022 12:31 AM

That skincare video is In. Sane. But, her skin is amazing so maybe she's on to something.

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2022 3:37 AM

R26 AMAZING. Thank you for sharing. I am not the least bit surprised.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 5:04 AM

She was definitely a nepo baby, long before that term ever existed. However, she seems like a genuinely nice person, and has lived a pretty low-key (albeit affluent) life. No scandals, no drama, no gross entitlement/narcissism—really no cuntery in general. I've never heard a bad word spoken about her. She also has worked consistently over the years, and never seemed to be one to ride her parents' coattails. Even though she ended up an actress, she still did her own "thing" to some degree. Certainly much more stable than both of her parents. She should be heralded as the patron saint of celebrity children.

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 5:12 AM

Extraordinarily beautiful. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 5:22 AM

It helps when your mom looks like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2022 5:30 AM

What are her facial flaws?

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2022 5:35 AM

^^ any other odd questions?

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2022 5:36 AM

R39 she doesn't have any

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2022 7:13 AM

She does. Her nose is too small for her face. It's obviously a nose job, but it makes her look like a duck from the wrong angle. A pretty celluloid duck. Nepo baby how ? her mother was a whore, sorry, a groupie, and her supposed father was an obscure band member, she didn't even know she was Tyler's daughter until she reached adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2022 8:34 AM

What is her face shape?

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2022 3:01 PM

Did not like her in the Lord of the Rings movies.

by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2022 4:22 PM

She’s still beautiful, imo.

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2022 4:54 PM

is she white ?

by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2022 5:58 PM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 47December 11, 2022 4:13 AM

Technically she does have some flaws- she has a long face (which can look a little 'Easter Island' on people with less attractive features) but she gets away with it. She has huge lips, hands and feet and is prone to weight gain around her midsection- giving her a slightly 'hippy' look when not at her fighting weight. But the overall effect is beautiful. Interestingly, I think the thing about her that resonates for people is more intangible. Call it grace. Not really prized today (as much as surgically induced facial 'perfection') but you know it when you see it and it can win you just as many admirers as simply being good looking can. Her voice, deportment and gracious, gentle nature give her a certain luminosity.

by Anonymousreply 48December 11, 2022 6:33 AM

[quote] R48 She has huge lips, hands and feet

Well, at 5’10” the hands and feet come with the territory.

by Anonymousreply 49December 11, 2022 6:41 AM

I was going to say the same R49. She is very tall for a woman, and genuinely “big boned”—and I mean that irrespective of her weight. She simply has a large build. Her statuesque frame is in and of itself kind of at odds with her delicate demeanor. If you heard her speaking voice alone, you’d likely imagine a slight, petite woman, which she is not.

by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2022 7:45 AM

I remember Adrianne on ANTM said when she was at the callback she felt like she was at last amongst “her people”… really tall women with big feet : )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2022 7:53 AM

Not as pretty as Liz Taylor

by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2022 4:38 PM

R42 She found out Steven Tyler was her father at age eleven. Although I like her as an actress and think she's lovely, she was catapulted into fame by appearing on Aerosmith's "Crazy" video. That makes her a nepo baby. She's worked hard and made the most of what she had, but she was helped by her parentage. Not even she would deny it, gracious lady that she is.

by Anonymousreply 53December 12, 2022 7:15 AM

She never had a nose job

by Anonymousreply 54December 12, 2022 10:11 PM

Bebe Buell makes a fool of herself when she comes in and talks about herself. She is a known quantity for being online and commenting heavily about herself. She also says musicians are sending her secret messages in their music. What a mess. Add to that the lisp. May!

by Anonymousreply 55December 12, 2022 11:04 PM

*Mary!

by Anonymousreply 56December 12, 2022 11:04 PM

There is something weird about her eyes.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

by Anonymousreply 57December 12, 2022 11:49 PM

[quote]r57 There is something weird about her eyes. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Well, her eyes are heavily hooded, without a visible crease. But so are Brooke Shields’. And Ava Gardner’s. Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Renne Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones… and the beat goes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 13, 2022 2:49 AM

I think Liv's IQ is slightly higher than Andie MacDowell's, but Andie is known to be rather retarded.

by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2022 2:51 AM

Andie MacDowell is supposed to be some rural bohemian hippie chick, who raised her kids while walking around nude.

Which is perhaps somewhat cool.

by Anonymousreply 60December 13, 2022 3:02 AM

Before I answer, OP, what does Liv Tyler think of *my* looks?

by Anonymousreply 61December 13, 2022 3:12 AM

Looks like madonna

by Anonymousreply 62December 14, 2022 4:01 AM

I want to smell her and suck her toes

by Anonymousreply 63December 14, 2022 4:17 AM

[quote]She has huge lips, hands and feet and is prone to weight gain around her midsection- giving her a slightly 'hippy' look when not at her fighting weight.

You just described Liv and her sister, Mia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 14, 2022 4:34 AM

[quote]I first saw her in Stealing Beauty and she is, in that movie, one of the most beautiful women I've ever laid eyes on. That film has stuck with me ever since for capturing the moment of her peak beauty, you really couldn't take your eyes off her.

The first thing I saw her in was Empire Records, I didn't see Stealing Beauty until years after it was released but I had the same reaction as you, her beauty was mesmerizing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 14, 2022 4:42 AM

It’s hard to believe Tyler is her father.

Have any of you here ever stood next to him?

He’s TINY, & I’m short myself.

She’s 5”10, & her father looks like a rock ‘n’ roll garden gnome!

LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 66December 14, 2022 4:51 AM

R66 some people have theorized that Todd Rundgren could still in fact be her bio dad, but she says Steven's parentage was proven via DNA. Looking at her, I can see why one could think either of them are her father. Steven is of average height, but Bebe Buell was 5'9" at her modeling prime, so I'm assuming this is where Liv got her height genes from. Personality-wise, Bebe is kooky as hell—a true rock and roll slut, and exponentially less graceful and refined than Liv. Steven is not exactly a delicate presence either. I'm not sure where her natural elegance came from.

She mentions her grandmother teaching her about skincare in that Vogue "beauty secrets" video, and points out a pretty glamorous portrait of her that she keeps in her bathroom. Given Bebe's lifestyle, I think Liv probably spent a fair amount of her early years under the care of her grandma, so maybe that's what instilled her with the old-school classiness.

by Anonymousreply 67December 14, 2022 7:36 AM

Here is her other sister who looks exactly like their dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 14, 2022 8:27 AM

Interesting how the only brother is the shortest of the sibling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 14, 2022 8:40 AM

She's beautiful. Her mouth is a tiny bit odd, but she's still very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 70December 14, 2022 8:59 AM

Her half-brother is a dwarf, but he’s hot. Is he straight? Some of his pics give slight gayface

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 14, 2022 9:56 AM

She's gorgeous both younger and older. Very beautiful and ethereal looking. Her best physical casting was in LOTR. I loved her in The Leftovers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 14, 2022 10:10 AM

What does everyone think of Mia Tyler's looks?

by Anonymousreply 73December 14, 2022 8:13 PM

Chin

by Anonymousreply 74December 15, 2022 3:41 AM

Weak bone structure

by Anonymousreply 75December 16, 2022 4:48 AM

I'm female, R25. Also straight, which I secretly think makes me a better judge of female beauty than straight men, who get confused by their dicks and think people like 19 y.o. Britney Spears are beautiful when in fact they're just fuckable. Liv Tyler was (and is, although her beauty has changed and faded a little) truly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 76December 16, 2022 5:13 AM

I've always thought Todd was her real father. Same long narrow face shape and high forehead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 16, 2022 8:22 AM

Is she homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2022 12:14 AM

No R78.

by Anonymousreply 79December 17, 2022 3:20 AM

Looks like Anna

by Anonymousreply 80December 19, 2022 12:25 AM

Pretty but not striking. And very wooden

by Anonymousreply 81December 19, 2022 12:29 AM

Who do you think is striking R81?

by Anonymousreply 82December 19, 2022 3:20 AM

What do we think of Liv Tyler’s books?

by Anonymousreply 83December 19, 2022 6:55 AM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 84January 3, 2023 9:15 AM

Is she retarded?

by Anonymousreply 85January 3, 2023 9:32 AM

R85, no, why?

by Anonymousreply 86January 3, 2023 10:04 AM

I lived on the same block as her a few years back and would occasionally encounter her in neighborhood shops, etc. She is drop-dead gorgeous in person, absolutely radiant and camera-ready, unlike most actresses who look nothing like their screen persona in everyday life. (Yes, I’m looking at you, Mrs. Moder.)

by Anonymousreply 87January 3, 2023 12:05 PM

Face too round

by Anonymousreply 88January 22, 2023 6:35 PM

What the French call jolie laide. Attractive without being conventionally pretty.

by Anonymousreply 89January 22, 2023 7:47 PM

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Liv, you have very suckable toes. You wanna lead in my next surrealistic comedy? Call me.

by Anonymousreply 90January 22, 2023 9:37 PM

met her in the late 90s. Incredibly sweet. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 91January 23, 2023 2:15 AM

OP, why do you ask? Are you Liv?

by Anonymousreply 92January 23, 2023 4:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!