Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Little House on the Prairie: Spin-off Ideas

As a take on the popular DL spin-off thread, let’s think of popular LHOTP spin-off ideas.

How about Feud: Mary vs Laura - what happens when the sisters disagree as grown ups? Nellie Knows Best - America’s favorite know-it-all schools us in absolutely everything. Return to Walnut Grove - rebuilding the town for the next generation. Little Schoolhouse on the Prairie - all about the schoolhouse and the kids who learn there. The Real Housewives of Walnut Grove - drama in the eyes of the prairie wives. Oleson - the untold story of the Oleson clan. The CW’s Little House on the Prairie (2022) - more of a reboot - with a D-list sexy Gen-Z racially and ethnically diverse cast.

Share your ideas below.

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Glory Hole: The Seedy Side of Walnut Grove

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2022 11:43 PM

Feud: Wilder vs Wilder - Laura battles her bitch daughter over fictionalized events in the best-selling children's book series.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2022 11:47 PM

I’d watch Nellie know best

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 12:19 AM

Why Jesus love me more than most. Nancy Oleson does a different reason every week.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 12:20 AM

Not a spin-off, but the show that’s all the rage with the gingham set:

Albert Nude:Live At The Grange

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 12:43 AM

I’d like to see a spin off about the adventures of a morphine addicted Albert trying to score. I can just imagine the schemes and adventures he’d get into looking for a fix.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 2:06 AM

Free-ballin’: The Secret Mankato Diaries by Charles Ingalls

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 6:26 AM

The Harriet Oleson Mysteries. It's The Gay Nineties and Nellie's has become Walnut groves hottest hangout for "Cultured young gentlemen" Watch Mrs.Oleson get to the bottom of things when she overhears a lovers quarrel and a single gunshot.

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2023 9:08 AM

American Horror Story: Sylvia

The clown-masked killer returns to Walnut Grove, picking off townsfolk one by one. (Spoiler alert: it's Albert.)

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2023 9:29 AM

Brokeback Prairie starring Adam and Almanzo.

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2023 9:44 AM

Miss Eliza Jane Wilder gets her own show called

Four Eyed Nerd On The Prairie

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2023 12:37 PM

Rose Wilder Lane would actually be a good subject for a prestige series. She rubbed shoulders with many of the major writers and public intellectuals of the early 20th century, traveled all over world, and aged into a nutty, toxic right winger who ultimately burned most of the important relationships in her life. She also bequeathed the rights to the books upon her death to a precocious grifter she took on as a sort of son, who used the money to build the Libertarian Party of America.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2023 1:17 PM

Mr. Edwards and Mr. Garvey star in Big Bears in the Sauna.

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2023 1:19 PM

My Father, My Pimp. Willie Oleson is forced to entertain men in his father's storeroom after school.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2023 1:23 PM

RuPaul's Drag Race Walnut Grove - focusing on period costumes from rural Minnesota ca.1870-90.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2023 7:32 PM

And the spin-off of a spin-off: The Real Housewives of Mankato.

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2023 4:06 AM

Carrie Does Sleepy Eye

With her elder sisters married, and Albert and her folks dead and Grace even more uninteresting than she is, Carrie hies herself off to the closest Sin City to sell her not-so-green bush to all the gentlemen who come round her place, "Hester Sue's," at night.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2023 4:47 AM

The Alice Garvey Factor

In this thrilling and suspenseful game show, new contestants every week must escape from a burning school using only a living baby as a battering ram.

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2023 4:52 AM

The women all die of diptheria or something and the men discover their bi-sexuality in, "Big 'mo's And The Faeries".

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2023 4:55 AM

I would watch the hell out of The Harriet Oleson Mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2023 5:14 AM

Touched by an Ernest Borgnine

Every week various denizens of Walnut Grove with emotional problems trek off nearby to what must be the only mountain in Minnesota, inhabited at the top by a kindly angel inexplicably in the form of Ernest Borgnine, who tries to solve their problems.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2023 5:21 AM

Fucking Rob Lowe, Marrying Bruce Boxleitner, Finally Settling for Timothy Busfield: The Romantic Disappointments of Half-Pint: a tragic mini-series

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2023 5:30 AM

It warms my heart to see how DL honors Katherine "Scottie" MacGregor. Her Harriet was truly iconic to many a gayling.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2023 2:05 AM

R23- My grandmother watched Little House On The Prairie many years ago and her favorite character was not Nellie but Mrs. Oleson.

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2023 7:26 PM

R23- Mrs. Oleson as a nurse on Mannix probably just a year or two before Little House went on the air. I am surprised Mrs. Oleson is so nice to the Negro patient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2023 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!