Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The traitors

Anyone watching The Traitors on the BBC? First time in many years I've been gripped (being over dramatic maybe) by a reality show!! Some very handsome contestants too!

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2023 8:15 AM

I watched this (spoilers ahead). There were a surprising number of gays. Even the old lady (Andrea) was a lesbian! Theo, John, probably Aaron. Kieran maybe - it was sus how attached he got to Amos and how much he cried when Amos was 'murdered'.

It was so funny how snippy and dramatic John got over Aaron questioning him about being a 'massage therapist' and the qualifications needed to be one. Er yeah, if you're gay you're thinking 'does he do happy endings. Probably.'

Cringiest moment was Tom going on and on about how great he is at reading people because he's a magician and then getting it wrong with Ivan.

Wilf was a good villain although the whole time it was like 'you're the one who backstabs people' when he kept being paranoid that he would be backstabbed. Then at the end when he was backstabbed by Kieran was perfect poetic justice - superb ending.

Overall, a bunch of exhausting, fame-seeking extroverts but that made it fun. I liked that there was a good mix too so you got disabled people, young, old people.

The way that nobody could seem to tell who was lying was amazing but that's how it is in the real world too.

by Anonymousreply 1December 25, 2022 5:48 AM

[quote] The traitors

Is that a show about that whining traitor, Prince Harry, and his whining wife?

by Anonymousreply 2December 29, 2022 8:55 AM

R2 Why the fuck do you try to make everything about the fucking royals? Fuck off if you didn't see the show. It's on BBC iplayer.

by Anonymousreply 3December 29, 2022 9:15 AM

Why do people watch reality shows? I find them mortifying myself.

by Anonymousreply 4December 29, 2022 9:59 AM

This one is actually smart and captivating, r4.

by Anonymousreply 5December 29, 2022 10:32 AM

I watched it on iPlayer, r3, but I absolutely detest those BBC logo squares in the top left-hand corner.

by Anonymousreply 6December 29, 2022 10:33 AM

It's going to be really hard to discuss this show without giving away spoilers.

Apparently there are rumblings that a Celebrity Traitors might be made.

by Anonymousreply 7December 29, 2022 10:34 AM

A Celebrity Traitors will be streaming here in the US on Peacock in February.

by Anonymousreply 8December 29, 2022 10:39 AM

Twenty-two people are locked up in a stately home. Amongst them are a small number of traitors, who have to convince all the others that they are actually faithfuls. The traitors work as a team (or do they?). Players are eliminated either by being killed by the traitors or banished as traitors by the whole team. The team has to select a traitor from among themselves most evenings, but the risk is also that they will banish a faithful by mistake. The prize for the final remaining players is a huge pot of money, which they increase by successfully performing by missions, which all the players have to work on together.

The BBC version is based on a Dutch show called De Verraders.

by Anonymousreply 9December 29, 2022 10:45 AM

Binging it today

by Anonymousreply 10December 30, 2022 9:50 AM

John is such a vile queeny cunt

by Anonymousreply 11December 30, 2022 11:18 PM

Where are the pictures???

by Anonymousreply 12December 30, 2022 11:20 PM

R12 Your wish is my command. Here are screenshots of himbo Aaron (N.B. not mine, I got it from Twitter).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 30, 2022 11:23 PM

Aaron is fucking hot. Would gladly suck him dry

by Anonymousreply 14December 30, 2022 11:25 PM

Another of Aaron in his deliberately very tight trousers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 30, 2022 11:33 PM

R13's pants look like leatherette.

by Anonymousreply 16December 30, 2022 11:35 PM

I want to eat his bum

by Anonymousreply 17December 31, 2022 1:55 AM

[quote] Aaron in his deliberately very tight trousers.

He makes that middle-aged Canadian look like a right geezer.

by Anonymousreply 18December 31, 2022 2:20 AM

John "I don't like the term masseuse, I'm a massage therapist". Oh honey don't worry we all know what you do regardless of what you like to be called doing it.

by Anonymousreply 19December 31, 2022 2:24 AM

Another post full of spoilers so don't read if you haven't seen the show.

I haven't watched reality TV in 10+ years but gave this a go only because it was getting good reviews in serious publications but I see why because there were many good moments.

- The way Alex strung along poor puppy Matt who was besotted with her. I thought that was pretty awful. Then why on earth did Tom admit that they were in a relationship? (I suppose because he just couldn't keep it back any more.) That immediately made everyone distrust them.

- Amanda. I rather liked her and her accent. She was stone cold compared to everyone else but then she made the big mistake of saying that she trusted Theo the most - then voting for him. I wanted to scream at my computer screen. She is an estate agent and has said that she viewed the show as a kind of business transaction. I suppose you can go too far both ways.

- Theo is a cheerleading coach. A cheerleading coach. In the UK. How does that exist??

- Nicky and the hand incident when Alyssa tried to make a big deal of her not raising a glass. When she literally didn't have a hand on that side to raise it with. Alyssa's face trying to cope with that was gold when Nicky explained it..

- Nobody liked Imran because he just wasn't a nice person so they suspected him..

- Maddy's wrong un theories that were completely wrong and yet being consistently right about one of the traitors!

by Anonymousreply 20December 31, 2022 7:30 AM

Hot traitors, traitorous hotties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 31, 2022 7:41 AM

This was my favourite TV show of the year. Loved it. Aaron crying was so sweet, it amazed me how personal it all got, I think it’s going to be the new big brother here in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 22December 31, 2022 8:49 AM

I would very much like for Aaron to sit on my face

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2023 4:09 PM

I just finished watching the series last night. It was an unexpected surprise and a whole lot of fun. Loved the production value, the mission design, and the gothic atmosphere. However...

!!! SPOILERS !!!

I was a little disappointed in the ending. Not for who won, but in how they got there. It seemed to me that the show made it almost impossible for a Traitor to win. First off, Wilf was basically forced to choose another Traitor. It's not like he was given the option to decline and just go solo. Then, the game allowed for multiple banishments. That really skewed the outcome in the Faithfuls' favor. Finally, there should have been rules in place that would never have let Kieran say what he did and basically give up the game. It was obvious that Will was toast the minute that happened. However, since neither Alyssa nor Amanda exposed Will, I think it made Kieran look like a sore loser.

Wilf was right when he talked about there being only two paths for him to win. (Picking off Aaron & Meryl or turning on Kieran.) I can't fault him for taking the easier of the 2.

The upside of how it all worked out is that I was pretty happy with the winners. As much as I might have liked to see "evil" triumph, the fact that Aaron got part of the pot made me happy. He was a hottie and seemed genuinely sweet, to boot. (His super-tight trousers and sweatpants were a bonus.) When he had his anxiety attack at the roundtable earlier in the season, I really felt for him. Matt was another cutie and I was sorry when he was murdered. (Had I been a Traitor, I would have kept him around. Which is why I would make a lousy Traitor.)

Thank god they banished Maddy before the finale. I could not stand her. Her theories made absolutely no sense. (Other player to Maddy: "I'm not a Traitor." Maddy's response: "That's exactly what a Traitor would say." No, you dimwit. It's also what a Faithful would say.) The fact that she latched on to Wilf was totally by luck -- and, even then, she almost always voted for Aaron. The other players must have realized how half-baked she was, which was why she could not sway people to her side.

I really thought Amanda would make it to the end. She was not on anyone's radar and seemed to have everything going in her favor. Calm, cool, and collected. Then she screwed up with the Theo thing and it all came crashing down. I also think that Wilf picking Kieran as the person he trusted the most probably fed into the end result. We know that Hannah was very upset and couldn't figure out why Wilf had done that. She may have been more likely to dismiss Kieran's "parting gift" comment if that hadn't happened earlier. So that little dinner exercise, which seemed fairly benign at the time, was instrumental in the defeat of 2 Traitors.

I'm going to watch the Australian version soon to compare to the UK. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, was changed. The US version, however, sounds awful. I don't need to see a bunch of "reality stars" from Big Brother, the Bachelor, etc. The fact that the UK version was populated with regular folk was one of the reasons it was so gripping. I just can't see getting that excited about, say, Cirie from Survivor murdering Rachel Reilly (although Alan Cumming in the Claudia Winkleman role sounds like it could be fun).

by Anonymousreply 24January 4, 2023 4:35 PM

The Australian version is being shown on the BBC.

It lacks the production values and dramatic setting of the UK version but there are some great contestants.

Fi is wonderful. That's all I'll say for now.

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2023 6:12 PM

I just finished the first season of the UK version. And WOW. It’s very suspenseful but not that enjoyable due to the cavalcade of the most irritating contestants, each one of whom is outdoes everyone else on the USA or Aussie versions. And the USA version had BRANDI fucking GLANVILLE.

There were cunts coming out of the walls - mean girl Aisha, mercifully murdered the first night, pitbull lady police office Nicky, flaming rage case masseuse John, dickhead magician Tom and especially obnoxious dumb blonde Maddy.

Maddy, Maddy, Maddy who is now seen as some kind of genius for focusing on Wilf but for some reason everyone forgets the long list of Faithfuls she continually suspected for for such crimes as blinking oddly, reacting with surprise at a Banishment, and become upset when being one the receiving end of aggressive grilling by her and other contestants. And that fucking accent.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2023 8:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!