Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ava DuVernay Makes History As The First Black Woman On A Ben & Jerry's Pint

Omg. Sounds delicious!!!

“Directed” and personally curated by DuVernay, the ice cream flavor features a mix of vanilla ice cream with salted caramel swirls, graham cracker swirls and gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough.

Available in both milk-based and non-dairy versions, the pints will begin shipping across the country next month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2022 7:44 PM

Why is there vanilla? We demand all chocolate!!!

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2022 8:59 PM

I can't imagine why they'd go with her of all black women to be the first.

If you include the ones I don't like, I can name 20 black women for whom a Ben & Jerry's pint should be developed before this woman.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2022 9:01 PM

I wanted Roxane Gay to win this distinction.

"Roxane Gay's CAKE COMPLAINT!... Now with Twice the Sugar and Triple the Butterfat!"

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2022 9:03 PM

Lizzo is in tears.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2022 9:06 PM

Never heard of her. Don't care for the flavor combination, but I'm not the target demographic.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2022 9:13 PM

The Target demo is anyone who likes ice cream

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2022 9:13 PM

If you could make a Ben & Jerry's flavor what would you include.

Mmmmm...maple ice cream, bacon, fudge swirls, snickerdoodle cookie.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2022 9:17 PM

Smegma.

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 9:21 PM

Is that really Historical? Have there been decades of white people trotted out on Ben and Jerry's Pints that we FINALLY have the first Black Woman. I think this would have been more affective if they just said nothing and put her on there. I mean it's not like black people have been just been waiting for the chance but have been held back.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 9:31 PM

Isn’t this insulting? Being on an ice cream container is such an honor for black women that the first incident needs to be publicized as “first black woman…”

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 9:38 PM

It should have been me. My marriage was the most important single think that happened to South Africa since Nelson Mandela was released.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 10:11 PM

"Have there been decades of white people trotted out on Ben and Jerry's Pints that we FINALLY have the first Black Woman"

Uh, yes? There have.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 10:20 PM

Next up is Oprah's personally curated Ben & Jerry's Seven Grain Bread and English Muffin Flavored Pint!

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 10:26 PM

R12, bitch not only did black people invent ice cream we invented ICE.

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2022 10:34 PM

Ava DuVernay is more accurately the first non-late night talk show host on a Ben & Jerry's pint!

(I'm not counting Ben & Jerry themselves)

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2022 11:01 PM

r15, you're forgetting (or are unaware of):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2022 12:03 AM

I had no idea, r16!

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2022 1:06 AM

Trust me r12, this issue wasn't part of the Civil Rights Movement.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2022 7:08 PM

Ben and Jerry's is shit ice cream. I would eat a ton of brands before them. Godiva and Talenti are much better.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2022 7:34 PM

They lost me when they added cookie dough (sugar globs) to the mix.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2022 7:41 PM

Why didn't they make a sorbet or something fruity? It could have been called "A wrinkle in lime" I guess that movie is better forgotten though.

by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2022 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!