Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kirstie Alley's "short" battle with cancer

What kind kills you so quickly?

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2022 2:41 AM

Ignoring the obvious signs.

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2022 7:37 AM

The kind in the nasty lady parts.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2022 7:41 AM

Pancreatic.

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2022 7:44 AM

Stomach cancer is usually quick.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2022 7:50 AM

Glioblastoma

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2022 7:54 AM

The kind Scientology gives to those who don’t pay their membership dues on time or they refuse to rim Tom Cruise’s asshole during a Tom and Tongue retreat.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2022 8:02 AM

Lung cancer can - my dad was diagnosed in late May of this year and died the first week of August.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2022 8:13 AM

My grandmother was diagnosed with bowel cancer and died the next day

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 8:21 AM

My ex was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer on June 25th (the day Michael Jackson died) and was dead in January. He also was NOT a smoker (a common misconception). He was 65 years old. We went to the V.A.Hospital for 6 months trying to get a diagnosis. They found nothing. Finally we went to a hospital emergency room and THEY found the cancer. Good luck if you go to a V.A. hospital.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 8:33 AM

I don't agree with her politics, but I'll give her points for having the dignity to keep it private.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 8:37 AM

Chemo can kill some people, and opportunistic infections can set in and kill quickly if they become septic.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 8:37 AM

This one was a shock. My neighbor was diagnosed with lung cancer (never smoked), it spread to her brain. She died a little over a year later.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 12:29 PM

Uterine cancer and ovarian cancer are usually very fast.

As is some types of pancreatic cancer

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 2:17 PM

She had colon cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2022 2:19 PM

I thought giving millions to the space gods would fight off cancer.

Also, doesn't Scientology teach that positive thinking cures medical ailments? And a lack of it causes disease?

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2022 2:21 PM

It can really depend on how early you detect it. An old friend of our family recently died of cancer. She was diagnosed with stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma in early October. It had already spread to her brain by the time she was diagnosed. She died before Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2022 2:28 PM

Maybe she couldn't eat the last weeks of her life. Maybe the last months of her life. Maybe she died thin. We really should count our blessings. Imagine that: reaching your weight goal as you step out of this life.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2022 2:38 PM

Any kind can kill you fast if it's detected too late. As others mentioned, there can be complications with chemo, radiation or opportunistic infections.

Cancer is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2022 2:38 PM

Odd that Kirstie and Kelly Preston both died from a type of cancer that is not necessary a death sentence.

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2022 1:18 AM

Cologuard. Kinda gross but simple.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2022 5:08 AM

She had the cancer of the doo doo.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 11:03 AM

The kind that Scientologists try to audit out of them before seeking too-late medical advice.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 12:14 PM

A coworker had her first chemo treatment and died days after from some type of infection that went septic. It was the first time I’d ever heard of that happening.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 12:22 PM

[quote] I don't agree with her politics, but I'll give her points for having the dignity to keep it private.

She kept it private, because it made her look like cultist fool for not going to a real doctor earlier. I bet Scientology billed her for all kinds of healing courses when she had the first symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 12:54 PM

She didn’t have to die.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 12:59 PM

She was Stage 4 before she bothered with it, because she was certified as a Planetary Deity OT CLXVI!!!!

Not her fault!!!

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2022 1:01 PM

Holding some tin cans kept the cancer at bay for 30 years but one aberration causing Dev-T and boom, she was done.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2022 1:05 PM

Too much colitis and IBS can cause colon cancer. Thank goodness for my regular shitting everyday.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2022 1:11 PM

How do people know she didn’t seek treatment? Just because she was Scieno? Honey, no. Those rules are for low ranking Sea Org cultists. We generally need our wealthy… uh… benefactors to live.

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 1:15 PM

Many from pancreatic to leukemias.

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2022 1:19 PM

She was basically a walking cocaine straw for 15 years. Could that be related to the ass cancer?

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2022 1:32 PM

My guess is that because she was Scientologist, she probably never had a colonoscopy.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2022 1:45 PM

Colon cancer is not anal cancer.

by Anonymousreply 33December 11, 2022 1:38 AM

Causes of colon cancer

Lack of regular physical activity.

A diet low in fruit and vegetables.

A low-fiber and high-fat diet, or a diet high in processed meats.

Overweight and obesity.

Alcohol consumption.

Tobacco use.

by Anonymousreply 34December 11, 2022 1:39 AM

She had doo doo cancer.

by Anonymousreply 35December 11, 2022 1:41 AM

Don’t like $cientology and didn’t like her politics, but fuck, I wouldn’t wish colon cancer on anyone. My grandpa and dad both died from it. I was way too young when my grandpa died, but seeing my poor dad suffer through that. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 36December 11, 2022 1:47 AM

She always had a slobbery ass.

Kelly used to complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote] This one was a shock. My neighbor was diagnosed with lung cancer (never smoked), it spread to her brain. She died a little over a year later.

My mom also died of lung cancer w/brain tumors. Died about a year after diagnosis. Despite missing my mom, I’d say a year isn’t that quick. Lung cancer doesn’t make you feel hopeful, but you do have time to put your affairs in order.

by Anonymousreply 38December 11, 2022 2:15 AM

But what are the symptoms? How can you have cancer and not know something is wrong?

by Anonymousreply 39December 11, 2022 2:25 AM

Should've been praying to CoLRon Hubbard.

by Anonymousreply 40December 11, 2022 2:31 AM

R4 Stomach cancer isn't always quick.

My Aunt was diagnosed with stage 4 in late 2020 and opted not to have treatment.

She survived until June this year (2022) in reasonably good health, she'd have died much sooner with chemo or invasive surgery.

by Anonymousreply 41December 11, 2022 2:37 AM

R39, in a different thread, someone said Tammy Faye Bakker had seen blood in her stools, but didn’t immediately see a doctor.

For brain tumors (which my mom had), you may see stroke-type symptoms, like loss of feeling on one side of face.

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2022 2:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!