Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Redneck Militias Shoot North Carolina Power Station to Kill Power for Drag Queen Story Time

The Moore County Sheriff’s Office says is investigating incidents at multiple electric substations in Moore County that were shot up on Saturday night as a “criminal occurrence,” causing more than half the county’s electric customers to lose power.

A press release from the sheriff’s office said that shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday that, “As utility companies began responding to the different substations, evidence was discovered that indicated that intentional vandalism had occurred at multiple sites.“

”Moore County Sheriff’s Deputies and various other law enforcement agencies within the county responded to the different areas and are providing further site security,” it went on to say

Anyone with any information about this act of violence should contact the Moore County Sheriff’s Office at 910-947-2931.

Workers from Duke Energy and authorities from the sheriff‘s office were at the substation off N.C. 211 near West Pine Middle School looking over the damage around midnight. Deputies were scanning the the area for bullet casings and other evidence, and vehicles were going through the woods in search of more evidence at the scene.

In a text message to a reporter, Chief Mike Cameron of the Southern Pines Fire and Rescue Department confirmed that substations had been shot at. He said the agency is “preparing to be out of power for 24 hours.”

Heavy police presence was around several gun shops and Wal-Mart in Aberdeen around 10:30 p.m. after reports of looting. One woman was detained in front Wal-Mart and police were conducting a headcount of employees outside of the store.

Data from the website poweroutage.us showed that more than 40,600 local electric customers, or about 63.7 percent of the county's customers, were without power was of 10:30 p.m. About 38,000 of those customers are Duke Energy subscribers.

David McNeill, a district representative for Duke Energy, told The Pilot late Saturday that at least two of the company’s substations were vandalized. He said he did not know the extent of the damage or how the vandalism occurred.

The power company first reported outages shortly after 8 p.m. Saturday, starting with more than 2,000 customers without power in areas along the U.S. 15-501 and N.C. 24-27 corridor around and in Carthage.

At 9:42 p.m., emergency scanner traffic reported several explosions heard in Carthage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 12, 2022 1:40 PM

This is what happens when the Nazis decide to demonize a group of people

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2022 5:35 AM

Why are these freaks so obsessed with drag queens?

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2022 5:35 AM

For context

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2022 5:35 AM

More context

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2022 5:36 AM

Correct link this time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2022 5:37 AM

[quote] Why are these freaks so obsessed with drag queens?

Because hating on Jews and gays doesn’t rile up the nazi sheep enough anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2022 5:39 AM

Vandalized? This is a fucking terrorist attack.

When is this shit going to stop?

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2022 5:39 AM

Maybe they could switch to Drag Queen Sunday School?

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote]Why are these freaks so obsessed with drag queens?

Because the rightwing hate machine has told them to.

It started out as conspiracies on places like Kiwifarms and various chans, moved to LibsofTikTok which is basically a rightwing culture wars clearing house, and from LITT went to Fox News via Tucker Carlson.

When we got Obergefell, the rightwing LGBT haters realized they were losing the war against gays, so they switched their tactics over to trans people. The exact same attacks they used on gays they were now using on trans: they're groomers, they're rapists, they're criminals, they're pedos, etc. They were able to work in a little antisemitism and fear of the "elite" by including theories about Jewish billionaires transing themselves and trying to make profits through their medical company investments by transing others.

Once that got some traction, they decided to say that drag queens were also trans, and therefore also groomers, rapists, pedos, etc. Because drag queens are generally gay men, they quickly added them to the list.

Ta da! They're back to the old "gays are groomers and pedos and can't be around children." They weren't getting anywhere with that kind of talk by the time of the Obergefell ruling, so they had to take a different route, and it took a few years, but now they're back to where they were.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2022 5:45 AM

Oh, here we go.

What kind of nazi wants to keep parents from being able to choose a family drag queen event if they want to? Who are you to make that decision for them?

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2022 5:47 AM

A rightwing militia destroys multiple power stations to cut off power to half the county, and local gun stores are looted during the outage.

But the problem is some guy in a costume reading to kids at a library. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2022 5:49 AM

[quote]What this person did was wrong. However

^^^ Found the rightwing militia sympathizer.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2022 5:50 AM

R15 and R12 are anti-trans trolls, they're all over tonight's anti-trans threads.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2022 5:52 AM

You don’t have any children either, you stupid cow

You really think we don’t know who you are, Eva Brawny?

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2022 5:52 AM

Idiots kids have always been interested in drag queens. Kids love bug hair sequins and crazy clothes. I remember being fascinated with Ru Paul as a young child. At least the story times keep them away from drag shows which should be adults only.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2022 5:53 AM

R16 Spewing vitriol and childish name-calling at anyone you don't agree with. Yep, definitely not sane/rational. AND not a parent.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2022 5:55 AM

It’s not that I don’t agree with you, it’s that you’re an evil nazi cunt who is here yet again spreading your hate.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2022 5:57 AM

r19 was replying to me at r16, but I'm not r20.

I know it's getting confusing, because R19 et al. seems to think we're all one person, but we're not.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2022 5:59 AM

If there is a trans mania it's because the parents have conveyed that 'gay is not okay'. Therefore, if you are attracted to your own sex- you must be in the wrong body.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2022 5:59 AM

[quote]Agree with R19.

We know.

You're r21 and r12.

They're r19, r15, and r9.

You're both saying the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2022 6:01 AM

This has gone too far and the whole kid shit needs to end.

This isn’t gay rights or trans rights or any rights if you ask me. This is a battle not worth shit.

Cause now these gay clubs / drag queen clowns for kids / drag brunches are putting kids at jeopardy and in danger.

Let the rednecks win, this is not worth anything!

Like there would be nothing more horrible than kids dying in the name of drag queens making money or straight families wanting entertainment.

I just don’t see the point of fighting.

Any gay club or organization who hosts kids events after that shooting and this are putting kids lives at risk.

This is not about gay rights at all to me or anything. Fuck this.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2022 6:14 AM

I guess 64% of the county had no power. How many emergency services were affected? Traffic lights? People who need to use medical equipment or refrigerate their medicine? Pharmacies? How many couldn't heat their homes or make food?

Power is going to be out for 24 hours, it's said. People are going to lose the food in their refrigerators, at the very least.

The anti-trans trolls on here condone that. They think it's just and right.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2022 6:15 AM

The militia person who has said on Facebook that they know why the power is out is gloating about a drag show being canceled, which is where this information is coming from.

The power outage from a militia is confirmed. The reason why is not entirely confirmed yet, though a militia member and J6 person of interest is posting about it on Facebook. This is her gloating:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2022 6:16 AM

Yeah, sure, r25, just let the terrorists win

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2022 6:18 AM

She's definitely taking responsibility. She's also kinda dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2022 6:18 AM

Someone literally saying that we should just let rightwing fundie militias "win." Incredible.

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2022 6:20 AM

STFU troll R25.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2022 6:21 AM

R28 Yup, let them win! Kids at drag shows isn’t a hill to die on.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2022 6:23 AM

R25 is also an anti-trans troll, they're in the "suing the doctors" thread, so their talk about how they're not fighting this fight is a lie. They're fighting, they're just on the side of this militia.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2022 6:23 AM

R30 What is it worth????

Why are we going to fight to let kids in gay clubs and drag shows?

I’m baffled by what the agenda is? How does it benefit the gay community? Commercializing gay culture for profit? Drag clowns for kids?

Help me understand why we want to go to war for this? At the risk of innocent children, it’s not even US!

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2022 6:26 AM

Let a rightwing militia terrorize an entire county by shooting up the power stations and substations? No, sorry, I'm not a cowardly piece of shit like you are.

I know you hate the trans, you've said so on multiple threads (despite the "I don't fight" crap you've posted tonight) but it shouldn't matter. You shouldn't be telling people that a rightwing terrorist militia should just be allowed to win, regardless of what they're terrorizing people about. "It's okay for the terrorists to win as long as they hate the same people I do" is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2022 6:26 AM

[quote]Help me understand why we want to go to war for this?

YOU are the one who needs to explain this.

None of us "went to war." Your pals in the militia have decided to go to war. You're on their side, so you explain to us why you think it's okay for them to shoot up power stations and shut down power for 64% of an entire county.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2022 6:27 AM

R35 Well first of all, last time I checked, drag queens are predominantly gay men. I didn’t know drag queens are now all trans so I don’t understand your connections.

Secondly, this isn’t cowardly. I have NO fight in this as a gay man. I don’t care about kids in gay clubs and drag shows. I don’t see why it’s becoming so popular and I don’t see why it’s necessary beyond turning gay culture into straight family friendly profit. It sounds like a money agenda to me.

I don’t the fight is worth it at all.

You go fight and protest against the militia on this one. You go fight for kids in gay clubs and brunches with drag queens, I don’t give a shit. But if it’s choosing kids over some money making club or whatever, take the kids out.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2022 6:32 AM

R37 What a stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2022 6:33 AM

R36 This is an emotional response.

I’m a right wing Nazi because I don’t want to see another gay club shot up or bombed, possibly with children inside, over them making money off fucking kids parties with straight families and shit?

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2022 6:35 AM

[quote]I have NO fight in this as a gay man. I don’t care about kids in gay clubs and drag shows.

We can see you posting in the other trans threads, you dumbass. You're already in the fight as an anti-transer.

[quote]You go fight and protest against the militia on this one. You go fight for kids in gay clubs and brunches with drag queens, I don’t give a shit.

You do give a shit, so stop saying otherwise. You hate trans. You've said so numerous times.

And everyone should give a shit that a militia is destroying infrastructure and hurting thousands of uninvolved people just because of one event they don't like. You should absolutely care that a militia is doing this, regardless of why.

But because they're doing it because they hate trans, and so do you, you're condoning it. You're trying to couch it in "I don't care, it's not worth fighting about" but that's a lie. The truth is that you condone it and you're glad they did it.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2022 6:37 AM

You're telling us to curtail our own rights as humans, just to appease a violent militia who wants all LGBT dead.

Yeah, you're a fucking Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2022 6:38 AM

R41 What rights are being curtailed?

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2022 6:42 AM

Good thing most drag queens travel with their own generators, lights and sound systems.

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2022 6:43 AM

Is that true, R43?

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2022 7:02 AM

Y'all Queda strikes again.

After they get done with it, they went and fucked their sisters. It was the best Saturday night they'd had since the family reunion this summer, when first cousin Skylar was giving out blowjobs to everyone.

Yeeeehaw!

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2022 7:09 AM

More of the far left fighting with the far right and making life harder for the rest of us.

The “I can only express myself reading to children in pantyhose” crowd can fuck off too. They’re incendiary button-pushers. We spent thirty years repairing our image from the AIDS crisis and found acceptable by acting like rational, reasonable people with relatable struggles. These queers are having fun kicking the tires of a near topia we built for them without any thought of how quickly it can go away.

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2022 7:43 AM

This is right-wing terrorism. People could have relied on that power.

What if a hospital had been impacted, or some other life-or-death situation? Imagine if someone's pacemaker was impacted?

These alt-right zealots don't care who they hurt. They need to be arrested and have the book thrown at them.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2022 7:47 AM

R47 Don't worry yourself about it. We have so called moderates like R46 to spread bothsider whataboutism. They think terrorism is the same as some drag queen reading a story

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2022 7:50 AM

I think RuPaul needs to descend on this town and Julie Newmar it, or whatever the name of that move was called.

by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2022 8:23 AM

Eat shit, R48. Some of us want to live our lives without hysterics poking bears and then pointing the finger at us.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2022 8:57 AM

Nobody is stopping you from living your life and using trite and idiotic quotes R50

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2022 8:59 AM

[quote]hysterics poking bears

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2022 9:09 AM

"Some of us want to live our lives without hysterics poking bears and then pointing the finger at us."

Yes, we should all live our lives according to what right wing militias dictate with their terrorism.

My question to you is: are you a cowardly little quisling, or just a straight up asshole troll?

I know you can be both, or as the former first lady told you, "Be Best!"

by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2022 9:57 AM

It's crazy to me that someone is trying to tell us that you can appease far-right terrorists by simply doing what they demand.

This militia shot up a power station and substations without regard to hurting bystanders or those who will have to go in and repair the substations, they didn't care that they were affecting hospitals, people who need electricity for medical equipment, the elderly, or that they were knocking out power to traffic lights and emergency services. All because a private business was having a drag event at night for adults.

You want us to think that if every bar and event location in the U.S. says "Okay, we give up!" and never does another drag show again, these terrorists will stop?

You're an idiot. A Nazi and an idiot. I cannot imagine going through life being as dumb and disgusting as you are.

by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2022 11:47 AM

Moore County was a hotbed of anti-mask, anti-lockdown activism at the height of the COVID epidemic. A lot of them were current or former military members that were connected to Fort Bragg, which lies in the county next door to Moore County.

This is all wrapped up in that movement and now that the world has opened up again it appears to be a case of idle hands being the devil’s workshop.

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2022 1:23 PM

“He’s not goin to jail! I know… we’ll cut off the power!” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2022 1:31 PM

The 1/6 insurrectionist whose SM posts are linked above was the ringleader of the COVID lockdown protests here in North Carolina. She is a recently discharged psychological operations officer from Fort Brag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2022 1:37 PM

Oh, that explains all the "psyop" comments under her posts, r57.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2022 1:39 PM

Right wing domestic terrorists have been testing out the strategy of disrupting electrical service for the last decade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2022 2:25 PM

Dear Militia Nitwits: Fuck Around and Find Out.

by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2022 2:31 PM

Lies, R61, you’re repeating lies.

Here is a story about the event, with the ad for the event. $40 door charge, 18 years minimum age for entry, and a disclaimer stating that the show might contain mature themes.

This was not about children. This was about the right wing’s escalating culture, now actual, war on all of the letters, including the Gs and Ls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2022 3:10 PM

Let’s not forget that next door in Lee County the proud Boys protested a drag brunch at a brewery in Sanford just over a month ago.

This is the result of a, until recently, Army PsyOps officer forming and directing a small group of approximately 100 white men, many of whom are or were members of the military.

I hope Sec. Lloyd Austin takes note.

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote] Lies, [R61], you’re repeating lies.

Of course the Nazis tell lies

This is why they started their attack on us with “drag queen story time”. Now, any time there is violence against trans or gays, their drooling minions will just think and say “But they hurt children! They deserve it!”

by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2022 4:50 PM

Predicktable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2022 4:53 PM

This is insane.

by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2022 4:58 PM

That's one way to turn people against you and your batshit-insane worldview, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 67December 4, 2022 5:00 PM

Kids don't see drag queens as sexual or male or female. They see a sparkly, bright magical creature.

by Anonymousreply 68December 4, 2022 5:05 PM

Hmm, I see the rightwing troll(s) I have blocked are running amok.

by Anonymousreply 69December 4, 2022 5:09 PM

Rightwingers are always extra hateful on here on Sundays after they get out of church.

by Anonymousreply 70December 4, 2022 6:31 PM

Is it just me or are the drag queens I follow being uncharacteristically silent about all of this?

by Anonymousreply 71December 4, 2022 6:48 PM

I always assumed that drag queens were gas powered.

by Anonymousreply 72December 4, 2022 6:50 PM

These people are obsessed with drag queens and the .000001% of the population who has had gender confirmation surgery

by Anonymousreply 73December 4, 2022 7:09 PM

I think they’re full of hot air. That said turning us Amish isn’t going to make it go away lol.

by Anonymousreply 74December 4, 2022 7:15 PM

I just read they could be without power for DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 75December 4, 2022 9:03 PM

Terrorists

by Anonymousreply 76December 4, 2022 9:04 PM

Years ago there were reports of multiple gunmen shooting at utility workers at a power plant in CA over a period of days. It was downplayed at the time with people guessing it was foreigners looking for weaknesses. A minority claimed it was domestic terrorists. The media didn't dwell on it and the story disappeared. Well, now we know these fuckers have been planning on this kind of shit for years. Who knew it was trannies that would set them off.

by Anonymousreply 77December 4, 2022 9:13 PM

This is the type of shit guerrilla insurgents try pulling in 3rd world countries.

by Anonymousreply 78December 4, 2022 9:36 PM

The Trump presidency made America a third-world country

by Anonymousreply 79December 4, 2022 9:51 PM

Unconfirmed reports. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 80December 4, 2022 10:02 PM

WHY THE FUCK are Drag Queens doing "Story Time" with children?

There is NO FUCKING NEED FOR THAT!

by Anonymousreply 81December 4, 2022 10:05 PM

But the children!!!!!!!!! What about the children????

by Anonymousreply 82December 4, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote] WHY THE FUCK are Drag Queens doing "Story Time" with children?

There was no drag queen story time involved in this situation, nor any children

Stop spreading nazi lies

by Anonymousreply 83December 4, 2022 10:18 PM

R83, these trolls' faux concern over "the children" is disingenuous at best.

by Anonymousreply 84December 4, 2022 10:24 PM

What a bunch of dumbasses, hope they freeze in the cold.

by Anonymousreply 85December 4, 2022 10:27 PM

R80, you’re a shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 4, 2022 11:03 PM

To no one's surprise, Chaya Raichik started this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 4, 2022 11:29 PM

[quote]This was not about children.

OP called it "drag queen story time" and the trolls just went from there. The event that Nazi lady on Facebook was gloating about was an adults-only drag show at what looked like a bar or similar venue. I have no idea what OP was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 88December 4, 2022 11:34 PM

R86/Jussie, suspected, not confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 89December 4, 2022 11:42 PM

A drag show for kids warning that it may contain adult themes isn’t a good look.

by Anonymousreply 90December 4, 2022 11:43 PM

It wasn’t a drag show for kids, you idiot

by Anonymousreply 91December 4, 2022 11:44 PM

[quote] A drag show for kids …

How many times are these nazi trolls going to repeat this lie?

by Anonymousreply 92December 4, 2022 11:46 PM

This is by far the most retarded internet rumor I have ever witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 93December 4, 2022 11:47 PM

R90, are you a domestic terrorist?

by Anonymousreply 94December 4, 2022 11:47 PM

The vandalism is inexcusable but so is a library story time with drag queens. I wouldn’t let a child of mine attend and I’m gay!

by Anonymousreply 95December 4, 2022 11:50 PM

[quote] I wouldn’t let a child of mine attend and I’m gay!

Oh yeah? Well what about somebody else's child, where their parent does approve?

by Anonymousreply 96December 4, 2022 11:55 PM

This wasn't vandalism it was terrorism, and it doesn't matter what the event was. You don't like a legal event being held by people you don't like? Don't go.

by Anonymousreply 97December 4, 2022 11:56 PM

The Nazi trolls are going to say it was a kid's show until the end of the thread, thanks to OP. He's largely responsible because of his misleading title.

by Anonymousreply 98December 4, 2022 11:59 PM

R95 is lying. Children watch raunchy comedies, simulated sex and murder all the time on Netflix and whatnot, and nobody bats an eye. If they have a parent by their side, they can go watch an R rated movie on the theaters, and only a loon would threaten violence over that. There's nothing in a drag performance that's too intense comparatively. The only difference is that drag is a gay art form. It's bonkers that Nazis can come on this supposedly gay forum to say we deserve to be threatened over something heterosexuals do all the time.

by Anonymousreply 99December 5, 2022 12:00 AM

Keep trannies away from kids. Gay is okay. But trannies?

Children get confused enough without trannies interfering and making things harder on the kids.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2022 12:03 AM

Where are the drag queens???? I’m so let down!!!!! Wait I’ll make some up so we can manufacture outrage!

by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2022 12:04 AM

R99, exactly! What alternate universe do these concerned people worried about "the children" seeing a drag queen live in? Because it's certainly not 2022 reality where kids have cellphones plastered to their hands and access to TikTok, YouTube, the internet, whatever their peers are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 102December 5, 2022 12:05 AM

"Trannies" aren't a threat to kids, either. Stop being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 103December 5, 2022 12:26 AM

Moore County has declared a state of emergency

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 5, 2022 12:27 AM

R104 Because of the power outage, not because of christofascist militias.

by Anonymousreply 105December 5, 2022 12:29 AM

OP here. Yes, I said it was a drag show for children but when I posted the thread that was the consensus from Twitter. When news it breaking it changes. I apologize though.

by Anonymousreply 106December 5, 2022 12:35 AM

R106 I think it needs to be pointed out to you that this drag show militia story is obvious horseshit. Feel free to block me, I'm not being nice, but seriously!

by Anonymousreply 107December 5, 2022 12:38 AM

I hope they find the people who did this ASAP. The entire county in a state of emergency. Good lord.

by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2022 12:40 AM

This is a domestic terrorist attack.

Let's call it what it is. Next there'll be the inevitable killings and everyone will wring their hands and do nothing as per usual.

by Anonymousreply 109December 5, 2022 12:46 AM

This show was targeted by Libs of Tik Tok

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2022 1:02 AM

Why aren't these people behind Libs of TikTok charged just like Charles Manson was?

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2022 2:03 AM

I only recently learned about Libs of TT on the JK Rowling thread. So do they meet the legal definition of a terrorists group? If not, why not, and how do we advocate for change? If the context to this story is accurate, they are domestic terrorists who pose a grave threat to national security,

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2022 4:09 AM

R112 It's a Twitter account that reposts cringy tiktoks that have a liberal political theme.

Y'all need to get a grip and think for a few seconds about how plausible any of this sounds.

by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2022 4:15 AM

R113, time will tell but it fits the circumstances on the ground. There is a small, vocal, aggressive group of current and former military in that area who have the means and know how along with a organizer who was also responsible for taking more than 100 insurrectionists to DC for 1/6, several of whom were convicted and have are currently serving prison time.

by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2022 4:21 AM

As usual, these right wing idiots act on false information. I hope everyone involved (including Libs of TikTok) gets charged with domestic terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2022 4:26 AM

Also, that area has a highly angry political culture right now. I was in Asheville a year ago, and there were color guard Christian’s twirling their batons, and the counter protestor was wearing a red metallic Speedo with red horns and body layout that read “I worship Satan” and he blocked the view of the color guard as he cranked out songs on his electric guitar and mic for vocals to drown them out. Yes, this is more like the mountain people fighting through townies, but if felt really hostile to me. So I’m not surprised this happened in that state.

by Anonymousreply 116December 5, 2022 4:27 AM

God is punishing the drag queens!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 5, 2022 4:41 AM

I think the far-right terrorists in this case knew it wasn't an all-ages drag show, but lied and said kids were there just to bolster their reasoning. That Emily psyops lady posted the flyer for the show which clearly said 18+, even though she kept saying things about "protecting the children."

by Anonymousreply 118December 5, 2022 4:45 AM

We had *faces* then...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 5, 2022 4:55 AM

There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of terrorism. Whether you agree with an all-ages drag show or not, this is hurting LOTS of people.

How many people are at risk because of their dialysis machines, their pace makers or any other kind of medical equipment? How many urgent surgeries can't be conducted without the necessary equipment?

Fuck everyone involved with this and those on here defending it. This is real people getting hurt by this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 120December 5, 2022 6:24 AM

Q: What's the difference between these shooters and the average American with guns and a grudge who walks into a school or a club or a shopping mall and opens fire?

A: Nothing. It's not "terrorism". It's angry, violent America.

by Anonymousreply 121December 5, 2022 6:31 AM

R121. There's no difference, except perhaps scale.

Dozens or hundreds vs. thousands of people at risk.

Honestly, we should be treating every shooting as an act of terror. But shit like this is beyond the pale just because the scale is so hideous.

by Anonymousreply 122December 5, 2022 6:41 AM

Divide the Carolinas: south becomes all redneck, Repug, MAGA types while North is progressive, liberal and left view. They agree to disagree and not fuck with each other. Let’s see whose economy and lifestyle flourishes.

by Anonymousreply 123December 5, 2022 6:48 AM

I still can’t believe some people are saying it’s just a coincidence the power was shot out and it had nothing to do with the drag show.

by Anonymousreply 124December 5, 2022 7:11 AM

Far-right activists taking down Moore County NC power substations in the name of a Christian God who is angry about a Drag show, cutting power to thousands-including parents storing breast milk for babies-is about as anti-life & anti-Jesus as you can get. -- Sounds about GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 5, 2022 8:51 AM

"...Because of all the atrocities in the world like famine, human and civil rights abuses, war crimes, pedophile church leaders, abused children, homelessness, Sky Daddy is most concerned about Drag Queens...."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 5, 2022 8:52 AM

"Parents are trying to figure out how to keep the children warm, fed, and home with no power. They must think they just got dropped into Texas."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 5, 2022 8:53 AM

"The Jesus i learned about hung around with a traveling group of men and said things like "Let the one without sin cast the first stone.""

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 5, 2022 8:57 AM

"...preemies in NICU!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 5, 2022 8:58 AM

R129 was for the "But THE CHILDREN!" people. 😉

by Anonymousreply 130December 5, 2022 9:06 AM

“Drag Queens made us do it!”

Ah, conservatives, the champions of personal responsibility

by Anonymousreply 131December 5, 2022 9:10 AM

This was a busy weekend for nazis.

One of several "protests":

[quote]The demonstrators carried Nazi battle flags and a banner that read, "Drag Queens are Pedophiles with AIDS,” and used a projector to display the messages "Jews run the pedo agenda" and "Make Pedophilia Punishable by Death" on the exterior walls of the gallery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 5, 2022 9:17 AM

Terrorism Advisory Bulletin, 11/30/22

[quote]Domestic actors and foreign terrorist organizations continue to maintain a visible presence online in attempts to motivate supporters to conduct attacks in the Homeland.

[quote]Targets of potential violence include public gatherings, faith-based institutions, the LGBTQI+ community, schools, racial and religious minorities, government facilities and personnel, U.S. critical infrastructure, the media, and perceived ideological opponents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 5, 2022 9:26 AM

r113, get fucked now, ya'hear!

by Anonymousreply 134December 5, 2022 9:31 AM

Only Repug idiot terrorists would shoot up their own power stations.

by Anonymousreply 135December 5, 2022 9:37 AM

r113 spent hours on multiple threads insisting that this never happened.

All he's doing is making me wonder where the rest of his little anti-trans friends have been. I've noticed that, ever since the anti-LGBT laws started getting written in some states over the summer, that the bulk of our trolls who claim to be lesbian feminists who think trans hurts gays, children, women, and widdle fluffy puppies, disappear when things start to get sketchy.

They tried to stick around for "Don't Say Gay" being introduced and also when the Buffalo mass shooter turned out to have "Drop the T" in his manifesto, but they realized their troll act wasn't going over well, so they wandered off after a few hours. Since then, when something like the Colorado Springs mass shooting or this terrorist attack happens, they disappear, leaving only the truly mentally unwell behind to argue on behalf of the terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 136December 5, 2022 10:30 AM

No wifi service without electricity, the router does not work even if the signal exists.

by Anonymousreply 137December 5, 2022 12:40 PM

Classic kids cartoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 5, 2022 1:02 PM

Bugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 5, 2022 3:06 PM

The scariest thing about this is the descriptions of this town being taken over by retired soldiers from Ft Bragg sucking off the government's teet and changing the entire area into christo-facist heaven of their own making. It took about 15 years to do it. Those sheriffs deputies "who prayed" with the suspect aren't going to catch anyone, they are probably in on it. What is going on in our military?

by Anonymousreply 140December 5, 2022 4:11 PM

It’s funny how Christian terrorists are focusing on minorities like LGBT people (and recently, Jews) instead of Muslims, who far outnumber both groups put together, and arguably exert more power over foreign policy as well, despite what public figures like Kanye and Dave Chappelle claim. I think it’s because Christian radicals have realized that they share the values of Islamic extremists. Also, It’s easy to demonize people you are unlikely to encounter on a daily basis, which makes it easy to turn gays and Jews into convenient boogiemen for political gain.

by Anonymousreply 141December 5, 2022 4:39 PM

^^ By “outnumber” I mean that worldwide, Muslims outnumber Jewish and LGBT combined. Muslims are still a small minority in the U.S. although their population has been growing rapidly in recent years through immigration.

by Anonymousreply 142December 5, 2022 4:46 PM

No electricity= No running water. Thanks Maga!

by Anonymousreply 143December 5, 2022 5:19 PM

People are and have been moving down south for a lower cost of living and a better quality of life..an incident like this will give you pause.

You can't work from home without electricity.

by Anonymousreply 144December 5, 2022 5:21 PM

Lengthy but essential reading for our continued survival.

[quote]We will maintain a constant barrage of criticism against the Right. We will attack the very legitimacy of the Right. We will not give them a moment's rest.

[quote]We must not get hung up on the evils of our opponents. We can only control our own actions and responses. [bold]We must stop whining when we see an example of rightist double-standards and hypocrisy and accept reality as it exists[/bold]. The only question to be asked is, what are we going to do about it? We must learn to change our own thinking and our own behavior. We must always operate based on this cardinal principle: Rightists are never morally responsible for the evil they commit; but we as progressives are morally responsible for not having done more to prevent them from committing that evil. [bold]We must learn to treat rightists as natural disasters or rabid dogs. If we act as if this were in fact true (of course, it is not), we will not needlessly expend our energy on being upset with our opponents.[/bold]

[quote]We must always understand exactly why we do what we do as we do it, and why our opponents do what they do. We must stop operating according to self-delusion and wishful thinking. Good intentions and good effort count for nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 5, 2022 7:14 PM

The secret lives...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146December 5, 2022 7:19 PM

R10, Absolutely agree, but you forgot one crucial hate group that played a significant role in all of this — TERFs. They were demonizing drag queens and gay men long before the right jumped on the bandwagon... It was only a matter of time before right-wing extremists picked up on their brand of hate-propaganda and now here we are.

by Anonymousreply 147December 5, 2022 8:01 PM

Those "TERFs" and the militant TRAs are all rightwingers and fake personas concocted to alienate and divide the left. You, obviously, are one who serves the same master.

Fuck off, division troll.

by Anonymousreply 148December 5, 2022 8:07 PM

We're under seige!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 5, 2022 8:18 PM

What is the male equivalent of TERF

by Anonymousreply 150December 5, 2022 8:22 PM

R150 It depends where they’re coming from; if their focus on keeping biological women out of male spaces and taking on male identities, I think those men would be MRAs. On the other hand, men whose focus is on erasing trans identity completely are typically right-wing activists who are NOT feminists, so the term TERF doesn’t apply to them, and they also seek to erase gay identity as well, so “anti-LGBT” might be a more accurate blanket term for them.

by Anonymousreply 151December 5, 2022 9:13 PM

I see aggressive threatening language directed against TERFS in my social media timeline, I rarely see the same anger directed against males claiming male spaces.

It's not about using a public toilet. Jk Rowling objected to the word woman being erased as an descriptor in a public service announcement regarding pregnancy and she hasn't had a moment of peace since.

by Anonymousreply 152December 5, 2022 9:45 PM

R152 I agree about the necessity of accurate biological descriptors, not only of sex but of age. For instance, girls can get pregnant too, yet anti-choice conservatives refuse to acknowledge them as children, probably because they want to minimize the trauma of abused children forced to give birth, and the also negative impact on the children being raised by children (or forcibly given up for adoption). So I agree that “people who get pregnant” is stupid, but so is “women who get pregnant.” The full descriptor should be “women and girls who get pregnant.”

by Anonymousreply 153December 5, 2022 11:03 PM

R152, using inclusive language doesn't "erase" women

People who believe that are the same kinds of people who think saying "Happy Holidays" somehow erases Christmas

And J.K Rowling sucks up to homophobes and anti-feminists like Matt Walsh, despite claiming to be a feminist with gay friends

She's not a victim of anything but her own hatefulness

by Anonymousreply 154December 5, 2022 11:04 PM

R152, I don't see any men bitching about women in the men's room or women in men's sports. They don't really care.

by Anonymousreply 155December 5, 2022 11:06 PM

Of course the TERFs and “gender critics” are now pretending they had no part of this rise in attacks on gay men and trans people, despite their admission to joining right wing extremist groups. It was never about protecting the children, they’ll ally with every right wing pedo/groomer under the sun if it means they can attack trans people.

by Anonymousreply 156December 5, 2022 11:20 PM

^I see certain gays still in the GC/TERF movement defending LibsofTiktok and “Gays Against Groomers”…. Christ! Imagine being this stupid. The only pedos and groomers are the people they’re championing. Thank God there aren’t that many of them. They can get in the bin with the rest of the MAGA trash.

by Anonymousreply 157December 5, 2022 11:21 PM

R148, What are you babbling on about?? “TRAs” aren’t fanning the flames of right wing homophobia, you dolt. TERFs are homophobes and always have been.

So you think defending gay men is “divisive”? Thank you very much for your shit for brains opinion, troll.

by Anonymousreply 158December 5, 2022 11:24 PM

This woman is evil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 5, 2022 11:24 PM

R150, A dumbass?

by Anonymousreply 160December 5, 2022 11:25 PM

Lots of foaming at the mouth about the TERFS, "riling people up". No comment on those males shutting down an electrical grid to prevent drag queens, who are not trans reading books to kids.

Why is that.

by Anonymousreply 161December 5, 2022 11:45 PM

We know why, r161.

by Anonymousreply 162December 6, 2022 12:00 AM

R161, Did you even bother to read this entire thread that is criticising the militia men?

Get off your cross, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 163December 6, 2022 12:09 AM

No. These fucking guys commited an act of terrorism, literally to prevent drag queens from reading books to kids.

TERFS, want the right to say women give birth and you equate TERFS, which is a slur, with terrorists who comitted an act of terrorism against an utility grid.

by Anonymousreply 164December 6, 2022 12:14 AM

[quote] During Sunday's press conference Sheriff Fields said Rainey's posts were "false", and while they did speak with her they determined her social posts to be not credible; Fields also reiterated the importance of not making false posts during times of emergency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 6, 2022 12:16 AM

I can’t believe people are taking up the cause of male fetishists as social justice.

by Anonymousreply 166December 6, 2022 12:18 AM

There is exactly zero evidence to support the claims of this being the work of "right-wing terrorists" trying to shit down a drag event.

The sheriff, in his press conference, specifically debunked this whacko conspiracy theory. It simply isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 167December 6, 2022 12:19 AM

TERFs OPENLY support conservative/ white supremacists joining in their movement so it’s rather pathetic to continue lying about this now when you admitted this yourselves.

See TERFs on Twitter defending this terrorist attack... “We’re just women with concerns” act isn’t flying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 168December 6, 2022 12:19 AM

Oh, bless your heart, r169...

by Anonymousreply 169December 6, 2022 12:21 AM

^Oopsie, bless r168's heart.

by Anonymousreply 170December 6, 2022 12:21 AM

Everybody sees right through r168, right?

by Anonymousreply 171December 6, 2022 12:21 AM

Jk Rowling is a white supremacist? There are no black, Asian or Latin, "terfs"? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 172December 6, 2022 12:22 AM

R166, Absolutely. I wonder why TERFs are so desperate to defend these right wing pedo Milita groomers. What is it that they are trying to hide?

by Anonymousreply 173December 6, 2022 12:24 AM

R171, Is that your pathetic attempt at deflection?

Yes, DLers can see what you TERF trolls are doing here.

by Anonymousreply 174December 6, 2022 12:30 AM

Well, r173, maybe you should spend a day with nature & contemplate that question.

Please do share with us what you learn.

by Anonymousreply 175December 6, 2022 12:30 AM

Calling everyone who dares to disagree with one iota of your beliefs TERFS who are in favor of white supremacy isn't the winning argument you seem to think it is, troll who is all over this thread.

The fact that your ideology requires you to see JK Rowling, ffs, as the devil, rather than a reasonable person who dares to disagree with you tells me all I need to know about you. Touch fucking grass.

PS: Sorry to argue with a troll, everybody else. I couldn't hold back any longer.

by Anonymousreply 176December 6, 2022 12:31 AM

They must have watched 60 minutes.

[quote] Bill Whitaker reports that a coordinated attack on a relatively small number of critical substations could plunge the U.S. into darkness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 6, 2022 12:34 AM

R176, let them have this thread. They need the fantasy of believing that most people are okay with forcing gender ideology on children. Thankfully, that's not actually true.

by Anonymousreply 178December 6, 2022 12:34 AM

R 176, You couldn’t hold back your bullshit any longer? Lol, Oh, quelle surprise. How dare someone call a troll a troll.

Many TERFs have come out in favour of right wing support for their ideology, so again, fuck off with your lies. JK Rowling is a multi-millionaire and perpetual victim who thinks pedo homophobe Matt Walsh is a swell guy… and many alike him.

Stop sniffing your own farts and go troll elsewhere. DLers aren’t buying what you’re selling.

by Anonymousreply 179December 6, 2022 12:49 AM

R178, Are you talking to yourself? Lol. Your ideology has already failed… along with all your failed troll threads.

You must be really worn out today. You didn’t even finger yourself a dozen WWs :(

by Anonymousreply 180December 6, 2022 12:56 AM

Zzzzzzz.

Ignore is such a handy feature of good old DL. I should have used it sooner.

by Anonymousreply 181December 6, 2022 12:57 AM

Ah, sweet mystery...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 6, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote] PS: Sorry to argue with a troll

Put down the mirror, R176.

by Anonymousreply 183December 6, 2022 1:02 AM

Sigh… poor idiot got tuckered out so quick. Maybe you can feck off DL now?

QAnon awaits you, R178.

by Anonymousreply 184December 6, 2022 1:03 AM

Or how about just live and let live? If a kid wants to experiment with gender after a drag queen story hour. Let them. It's healthier than dragging them out in the woods to shoot a deer in the face while they fend off their funny uncle's advances. And that's way more likely than them experimenting with gender after a story hour....which this wasn't. Christ almighty christofacists will be more boring than Oliver Cromwell.

by Anonymousreply 185December 6, 2022 1:43 AM

These cunts never heard the phrase "live and let live"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 6, 2022 1:58 AM

This is who the anti-trans loons on DL want to have power over us. They support these people and by and large they ARE these people.

by Anonymousreply 187December 6, 2022 2:04 AM

[quote]There is exactly zero evidence to support the claims of this being the work of "right-wing terrorists" trying to shit down a drag event.

Again, a known rightwing terrorist who had been ranting publicly about this drag event went on Facebook and publicly said she knew why the power was out, posted photos of the drag event venue, and then said it was God's will to shut down the entire county's power to stop this drag event.

The anti-transers are desperate to tell us that there is no evidence that this is what happened, but they also said the Buffalo shooter using "drop the T" in his manifesto didn't mean anything, that the Don't Say Gay bill said nothing about gays, and that the Colorado Springs shooter was a trannie leftist. They're liars.

by Anonymousreply 188December 6, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote]There is exactly zero evidence to support the claims of this being the work of "right-wing terrorists" trying to shit down a drag event. The sheriff, in his press conference, specifically debunked this whacko conspiracy theory. It simply isn't true.

The media’s insinuation that the attack was provoked by the drag show only increased animosity towards drag queens in general for “causing” the mess in the first place. And the show in question only allowed ages 18+ to attend, it was not “drag queen story time.” It’s more plausible that the attack was a test-run by a terrorist group practicing for an attack on a more relevant target. I’m more willing to believe that college students took down the substations to get out of their final exams instead of a seasoned militia group willing to cut power off from 40,000 people just to stop some gay men in sparkly gowns from performing in front of an adult audience for one night.

by Anonymousreply 189December 6, 2022 4:42 AM

Tens of thousands of people braced Monday for days without electricity in a North Carolina county where authorities say two power substations were shot up by one or more people with apparent criminal intent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 6, 2022 4:51 AM

America is a failed state.

by Anonymousreply 191December 6, 2022 4:55 AM

It is clear as day that the anti trans loons side with the White supremacists over the LGBT Community which includes Gays and Lesbians. And no, "Drop the T" or "GLB / LGB" are not the solution by replacing the T with Nazis, TERFS, and the alt-right as allies.

This whole right wing hypocrisy value where the anti trans trolls claim to be fighting for Gays and Lesbians while working alongside Nazis is just ridiculous. Nobody is buying that and never will. But the trolls keep trying.

by Anonymousreply 192December 6, 2022 5:02 AM

Look at this picture of the [bold]sheriff[/bold], who immediately dismissed right wing terrorism, with [bold]the Jan 6 traitor who posted she knew why the power went out and is a disgraced military, homophobic, QANON, liberal hater, anti-lgbt+ organizer.[/bold] The sheriff said he interviewed her, THEY PRAYED TOGETHER, and she had nothing to do with it.

When we correctly point out WHO is committing domestic terrorism and all of the associated right wing extremist ideology, trolls immediately come here with two objectives:

1. Mock, deny, and say there's no evidence.

2. Turn the conversation to BOTH pro and anti-trans unhinged madness, completely turning the conversation away from the FULLY CORRECT discussion re: motive and culprits.

Every. Damn. Time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 6, 2022 5:02 AM

Once the FBI is involved, that sheriff might get investigated for aiding and abetting terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 194December 6, 2022 5:05 AM

The FBI has been involved. That's probably why they prayed together.

by Anonymousreply 195December 6, 2022 5:06 AM

This is very interesting to me.

You went from arguing this act of terrorism is the result of TERFS ginning up violence to stating, "if this did happen, it had nothing to do with disrupting a reading hour for kids by drag queens".

Interesting

by Anonymousreply 196December 6, 2022 5:08 AM

Who are you talking to and why are you focused on distracting from the right wing domestic terrorism that is waging war against ALL of us?

by Anonymousreply 197December 6, 2022 5:11 AM

Typical attempt at derailing the thread when you can't defend your side's actions.

What about ... both sides ... look over there!

by Anonymousreply 198December 6, 2022 5:15 AM

Yet the OP doesn't mention when the other side does anything wrong. Here you have violent TRAs and armed antifa clad in all black while "defending" drag queen story hour for children. Do you think this is ok? I 100 % support Gays against Groomers. They're doing amazing work. Congrats, OP. You are now on the side of child groomers and violent TRAs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199December 6, 2022 5:18 AM

Sorry, but shutting off power >>>>>>> armed TRAs. Why does the OP defend child groomers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 6, 2022 5:20 AM

The OP posted this : "Redneck Militias Shoot North Carolina Power Station to Kill Power for Drag Queen Story Time".

But you started in on the TERFS instigating violence song and dance.

Then you moved on to declaring this act of terrorism had nothing to do with a hate crime and finally, your position is " they hate all of us".

If this is your position, why bring up TERFS at all?

Drag queens aren't transgendered.

by Anonymousreply 201December 6, 2022 5:21 AM

This guy = OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 6, 2022 5:21 AM

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT TERFs, TRAs, GROOMERS, AND PEDOS.

You are ALL serving the terrorists. They created ALL of this, you insufferable morons.

by Anonymousreply 203December 6, 2022 5:22 AM

ChIld groomer below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 6, 2022 5:23 AM

Ask yourselves why the OP is so quick to defend child groomers yet not a single word about violent TRAs "defending" drag queen story hour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 6, 2022 5:24 AM

No, I did not, r201. You are either unable to comprehend what you've been told over and over again or you are here with a purpose to derail.

by Anonymousreply 206December 6, 2022 5:24 AM

Here we have Gays against Groomers standing up for children against the grooming agenda. Good for them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 6, 2022 5:26 AM

The National Organization for Women - Lesbian Rights archive

See the "Information" section for the linked article:

Feminists Call for Action After Killings of Two Transgender Women, August 20, 2002 Everyone was perfectly clear about the distinction between transgender and paraphilias until the far right began its influence campaign of harassment and demands for representation, despite it already existing for decades. [bold]Erasure and denial of history is powerful tool of psychological warfare that seems to have worked particularly well on our resident loons.[/bold]

youtu.be/bc80tFJpTuo

Can you understand what is plainly obvious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208December 6, 2022 5:27 AM

This is the problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 6, 2022 5:32 AM

r145, r148, r193, r198, r203, r206, and r208 are me. I am not OP.

I want all of you to stop defending both extremes. Both extremes are completely created and advanced by domestic and foreign psychological warfare campaigns.

We always defended transgender people. We always understood paraphillia. We always understood drag. The conflict is fabricated.

by Anonymousreply 210December 6, 2022 5:45 AM

Woah, everyone. Calm down.

It's totally okay to hate *multiple* people for nonsensical, conflicting reasons.

by Anonymousreply 211December 6, 2022 5:49 AM

Well, I certainly hate many of the posters in this thread now. Fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 212December 6, 2022 5:52 AM

r210 ^

by Anonymousreply 213December 6, 2022 5:53 AM

Who else would have done this?

by Anonymousreply 214December 6, 2022 6:07 AM

Is this in Madison’s Cawrhorns district?

Where was he at the time?

by Anonymousreply 215December 6, 2022 6:08 AM

Who wants in on a bet that Pastor Sheriff is a "Constitutional Sheriff?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216December 6, 2022 6:30 AM

[quote]Constitutional sheriffs will continue to confuse personal and political beliefs with constitutionality, using their elected positions as law enforcement officers to pick and choose what laws they will enforce based upon these preferences.

[quote]Counties experiencing rampant disinformation, including conspiracy theories that villainize the government, may be supportive of sheriffs who proclaim that they will not enforce laws they personally interpret as the product of a tyrannical government.

Oath Keeper, Christian Nationalist, Terror Cell Protector, Constitutional Sheriff!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217December 6, 2022 6:38 AM

Correction: I'm r197, not r198.

[quote]r145, [R148], [R193], [R198], [R203], [R206], and [R208] are me. I am not OP.

by Anonymousreply 218December 6, 2022 6:54 AM

I don't know HOW or why anybody bothers with this topic.

It is crystal clear that either side of the argument have reached an impasse, a line drawn in the sand and nobody is going to budge.

by Anonymousreply 219December 6, 2022 7:16 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 220December 6, 2022 7:21 AM

Home grown terrorists, sponsored by the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 221December 6, 2022 7:22 AM

Did they get all four of them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 6, 2022 7:34 AM

I am glad this happened where it happened. Redneck on Redneck crime. Heck, give them more guns so the shoot each other in a massive Darwin wave of blame.

by Anonymousreply 223December 6, 2022 7:41 AM

From NYT:

[quote] Asked on Sunday whether the vandalism could have been related to a weekend drag show in the area that had faced backlash, Ronnie Fields, the Moore County sheriff, said, “Anything’s possible. But we’ve not been able to tie anything back to the drag show.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 6, 2022 8:04 AM

219 Cunt, who's shooting up places? Who did this? Drag Queens?

Fuck off with the both sides bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 225December 6, 2022 8:09 AM

With all this “concern” over parents taking their kids to drag shows, why not also stalk, harass, and terrorize parents who take their kids to R-rated movies filled with sex, crime, violence, and gore? That’s way more damaging to kids than seeing a man dressed as Liza Minelli lip-syncing “Maybe This Time.”

by Anonymousreply 226December 6, 2022 8:29 AM

[quote] why not also stalk, harass, and terrorize parents who take their kids to R-rated movies filled with sex, crime, violence, and gore?

Or better yet, somebody stalk, harass, and terrorize the parents taking their kids to Evangelical churches, Sunday schools. Those are true grooming and indoctrination factories.

by Anonymousreply 227December 6, 2022 8:31 AM

[quote]I want all of you to stop defending both extremes.

You've spammed this thread with barely coherent posts that all boil down to some bizarre "both sides" argument. You're the last person on here who gets to tell us what we can or cannot say.

This is not a case of drag queens on one side and terrorists on the other. This is entirely a case of terrorists going after people they believe are morally corrupt, and terrorists like this will do this for ANY group they feel this way about: blacks, gays, Jews, women, Democrats, whoever.

In a years' time we'll have had several more incidents like this that will make it clear what's going on. Your only purpose on this thread is to try to make people believe that this is "fabricated" and we should "stop talking about it" because it's not real.

It's very real, and trying to shut everyone up just tells us what kind of fascist you really are.

by Anonymousreply 228December 6, 2022 8:31 AM

Am I muissing something? I read the entire long ass article and all it sid of a drag show is:

"Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields said investigators have found no evidence or reason to believe that the Saturday evening attack was tied to a controversial drag show in downtown Southern Pines. The power went out during the Downtown Divas show at the Sunrise Theater about an hour into the show. Prior to the show, a number of protesters and counter protesters had demonstrated out in front of the theater."

by Anonymousreply 229December 6, 2022 9:43 AM

[quote]Am I muissing something?

Yes, but I'm sure that, instead of just reading the thread, your drunk ass will demand someone explain it to you personally.

by Anonymousreply 230December 6, 2022 9:49 AM

R229: yes, see r224 - NYT basically said the same thing

Nothing is confirmed. Yet

by Anonymousreply 231December 6, 2022 9:49 AM

R231 not saying it's not possible that wasn't the intention but why the fuck are there 200+ replies of people going apeshit over that tiny blurb. Did most people even bother to read the article?

by Anonymousreply 232December 6, 2022 9:53 AM

R232: Maybe people are going apeshit because this is an OVERDONE TROLL topic that has been rehashed for years and years here?

I'd say it's just about time that threads revolving around TRANS gets automatically banned and buried for good! It's been a long time coming.

by Anonymousreply 233December 6, 2022 10:02 AM

Take away the drag queen angle, and you are left with a local terrorist attack. Citizens without power for who knows how long. And the local sheriff had nothing better to do than pray with one of the suspects. Priorities.

More and more citizens will be super pissed off at authority figures not having their best interest in mind. And I can see an uprising in areas where these citizens can't change things by voting, being inspired by the protests in Iran against the local morality police force.

by Anonymousreply 234December 6, 2022 10:06 AM

Who is the TERF Troll to block? Please help an elder gay.

by Anonymousreply 235December 6, 2022 10:31 AM

If this was indeed a domestic terrorist attack on infrastructure, wouldn’t it be the biggest one we’ve had? I’ve read there was one in Coyote, California in 2013 (a town so small I can’t even find a population for it, not to mention it’s near impossible to Google because all the results that come up are about actual coyotes). This attack has left 100,000 people without electricity for days. I hope the feds are able to solve it swiftly and the perpetrators serve decades in prison. The local sheriff there might as well be terrorist-adjacent. Seems this should be a bigger story.

by Anonymousreply 236December 6, 2022 11:57 AM

R236 I think this is a huge story but it seems the media is downplaying it,calling it vandalism vs terrorism. Unsure if that’s to discourage copycats? Or to conceal the vulnerabilities of the US grid? It’s kind of strange.

by Anonymousreply 237December 6, 2022 12:16 PM

I was one of the people decrying this as terrorism and I stand by that. The sheriff sounds suspect so we'll have to wait for the FBI to get the real story.

If this is terrorism it's definitely a big step up. Honestly, vandalism on this scale is basically terrorism regardless of whether or not there is a political agenda behind it (which there likely is). And this seems far too well-coordinated to be simple "vandalism".

But I understand that the media is trying to play it carefully. Stirring up unnecessary panic is not helpful and, as you said R237, perhaps it is to discourage copycats. Once the FBI and others have put out some facts we can begin to get a better picture of what the scope of the problem is and how best to address it.

by Anonymousreply 238December 6, 2022 12:25 PM

R193, wow I would do her. All is forgiven. Fuck it. MAGA!

by Anonymousreply 239December 6, 2022 12:59 PM

It was Charlotte Clymer who hypothesized the drag angle (see R5), and I wouldn't trust Clymer to tell me that water is wet.

by Anonymousreply 240December 6, 2022 1:54 PM

R240 is just a bigot. She isn't the one who "came up" with the drag angle.

by Anonymousreply 241December 6, 2022 3:15 PM

Investigation of a citizen under suspicion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 6, 2022 3:49 PM

[quote] two power substations were shot up by one or more people with apparent criminal intent.

“Apparent”?

These fucking hicks!

by Anonymousreply 243December 6, 2022 8:22 PM

[quote] a man dressed as Liza Minelli lip-syncing “Maybe This Time.”

Lip-syncing? They lip-sync?!

Their whole image is ruined for me!

by Anonymousreply 244December 6, 2022 8:23 PM

r244=Ashley Simpson

by Anonymousreply 245December 6, 2022 9:37 PM

The “Has tolerance for gays and lesbians decreased due to the rise of gender issues in recent years?” thread was removed.

If a right-wing militia committed domestic terrorism to prevent bawdy men in dresses from entertaining children, then I would say, yes, the Ts are causing a violent backlash against homosexuals.

Do we really want to die on this hill? Is civil war really worth it?

by Anonymousreply 246December 6, 2022 11:09 PM

Who is trying to equate trans and drag queens which are totally different? Too many agendas trying to be crammed in here.

by Anonymousreply 247December 6, 2022 11:13 PM

There are lot more allies out there than these people are realizing. Gen Z has no tolerance for bigotry of any kind and a great many Millennials don't either.

Young folks that have had their future blown up from corporate greed are not about the bullshit. They need to make more Kool Aid and will have to force feed it to these groups.

by Anonymousreply 248December 6, 2022 11:14 PM

r247 there is enough of an overlap with the two groups. Many trans ladies started their discovery doing drag.

by Anonymousreply 249December 6, 2022 11:15 PM

Gen Z has no tolerance for bigotry of any kind — except their own.

They are more homophobic & misogynistic than previous generations.

They call us “queer” against our will.

They’ve created new slurs for women.

They’re more than tolerant of the rape & death threats against JK Rowling.

by Anonymousreply 250December 6, 2022 11:23 PM

And they look good in short shorts right Russian at r250?

by Anonymousreply 251December 6, 2022 11:32 PM

Hopefully the people responsible for this act can now face some type of murder charge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252December 6, 2022 11:50 PM

[quote]Who is trying to equate trans and drag queens which are totally different?

They're ignorant trolls. They probably don't know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 253December 6, 2022 11:50 PM

вау, r251! ты должно быть экстрасенс!!

by Anonymousreply 254December 6, 2022 11:53 PM

Did no one read the article at OP's link? "Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields said investigators have found no evidence or reason to believe that the Saturday evening attack was tied to a controversial drag show in downtown Southern Pines."

by Anonymousreply 255December 6, 2022 11:58 PM

Funny thing is that the South has a long tradition of drag shows. Even small towns often were part of a drag circuit.

by Anonymousreply 256December 7, 2022 12:00 AM

r250 don't know what Russian prison you are posting from but everything they print about Gen Z talks about how liberal they are.

by Anonymousreply 257December 7, 2022 12:10 AM

R255, yes, it looks like OP and other posters were trying to tie this event to an adult drag show despite there being no evidence. They took random tweets from some right winger and tried to make it seem like it was solid evidence of some plot against an adult drag show.

The motivation of these posters is to silence people from voicing dissent against introducing kids to gender ideology.

by Anonymousreply 258December 7, 2022 12:10 AM

Say what now?

by Anonymousreply 259December 7, 2022 12:44 AM

I see the new shift at the Internet Research Agency has started (R258).

by Anonymousreply 260December 7, 2022 1:05 AM

Or, maybe it's the nazi-loving Jennifer Bilek? Or Chaya Raichik?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 7, 2022 1:07 AM

Do we have this crazy here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 7, 2022 1:16 AM

Or this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263December 7, 2022 1:19 AM

Wow, R252. Those rednecks are geniuses. Saved some kids from a few drag queens, but were responsible for the deaths of others in doing so. That takes brains. Probably made sure the county will pay thousands to fix the damage, too. Out of THEIR taxes. But hey, at least they owned the Libs. And now they can go back to fucking their cousins.

by Anonymousreply 264December 7, 2022 1:23 AM

r258 If you trolls want to keep up with the line of bullshit this had nothing to do with the drag show, perhaps you should tell the bitch who probably helped plan it to shut up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 7, 2022 1:26 AM

R265, since you've solved the case why hasn't she been arrested?

by Anonymousreply 266December 7, 2022 1:27 AM

R265 - she looks like she could use a good dicking.

by Anonymousreply 267December 7, 2022 1:29 AM

No, she needs a good face punching

by Anonymousreply 268December 7, 2022 1:31 AM

R267, careful, your transness is showing!

by Anonymousreply 269December 7, 2022 1:31 AM

She needs to die in a grease fire, then get publicly quartered, ground up and fed to a pack of rabid chihuahuas.

by Anonymousreply 270December 7, 2022 1:34 AM

I'm just remembering back to the good old days when the GOP made sure the entire country kept talking about Clinton getting a blow job on every news program being broadcast. I remember well parents upset at having to explain what a blow job was to their school age children.

Story time at libraries are during the day with Drag Queens and do not include any smut or profanity.

Drag shows are for adults, they are usually in clubs that sell alcohol and happen in the evening hours.

by Anonymousreply 271December 7, 2022 1:35 AM

Drag Queens are ADULT performers. No other class of ADULT entertainers read stories to kids because it's not appropriate. Notice that actual women don't get these gigs.

by Anonymousreply 272December 7, 2022 1:43 AM

Repeating that lie does not make it true

by Anonymousreply 273December 7, 2022 1:44 AM

Da talounge blocked me because of this conversation.

by Anonymousreply 274December 7, 2022 1:59 PM

[quote]Drag Queens are ADULT performers.

No, they are not. They are performers, period. Some of them sing, some lip sync, some tell jokes, some don't. Like all performers, the material they choose to perform dictates whether they are for a general audience or an adult one. Children's story books are obviously not "adult material." Many drag queens are strictly G-rated, even when performing for adults. They're not known for being overtly sexual. You ignorance is showing.

Also, rendering something in all-caps doesn't make it true. It just makes you look like a shouty idiot. Further, in English we don't capitalize common nouns like "drag queens." What's your native language? It sure isn't English.

by Anonymousreply 275December 7, 2022 3:18 PM

So many posters on this thread seem to have a tenuous grasp of the English language.

by Anonymousreply 276December 7, 2022 3:33 PM

R272 is retarded. And I mean clinically retarded.

by Anonymousreply 277December 7, 2022 3:35 PM

R275 This. Anyone familiar with the drag scene has witnessed what you describe. The posters who believe otherwise are probably morons, bad actors spewing right-wing propaganda, or foreigners from an authoritarian country who’ve never been to a drag show and 100% believe the malicious lies being spread by Christo-fascists in America.

by Anonymousreply 278December 7, 2022 3:48 PM

Someone in that small town knows who did it. How long will it take for them to come forward? There's a $75K reward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 7, 2022 8:00 PM

how much money do you think this terrorist incident caused? More than 75k.

by Anonymousreply 280December 7, 2022 8:19 PM

I'll be interested to know if you're all still calling this terrorism when it turns out to have be the work of the Research Triangle Liberation Front (or whatever bullshit.)

by Anonymousreply 281December 7, 2022 8:36 PM

Well DL investigators, they've got bullets and casings. Interesting that the culprit(s) didn't pick up the casings. And that they were recovered just a few hours after the shooting (Saturday), but are only admitting to reporters that they have the casings today (Wednesday).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 7, 2022 8:43 PM

Oh, look. Authorities are zeroing in on groups disrupting LGBTQ events all over the country. And those groups aren't left-wing. You fucking trolls are so pathetic. Just fuck off and die, please. Preferably in an electrical fire you've started yourselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 7, 2022 8:45 PM

You would have picked up the casings, R282.

by Anonymousreply 284December 7, 2022 8:45 PM

R283 I don't like the he said/she said rumor mill on Twitter. Has John Miller done any reporting on this?

by Anonymousreply 285December 7, 2022 8:49 PM

Domestic terrorism. Is that finally being labeled that....or is it still considered "protest".....or "mental illness"? These are fucking terrorists. It's not foreign anymore...it's home grown. When they are hopefully caught, what will happen to them...

by Anonymousreply 286December 7, 2022 8:56 PM

Other substations around the country are being targeted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287December 10, 2022 1:36 AM

Gunshots were fired near a Duke Energy hydropower station in Ridgeway, S.C.

The FBI is investigating.

There were no injuries or power outages caused by the gunfire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288December 10, 2022 4:43 PM

What specifically are they shooting at? Or is that privileged information, since it's actually incredibly easy to cause a power outage?

by Anonymousreply 289December 10, 2022 5:02 PM

R215 already brought him up, but does Roller Nazi have an alibi? You know how he loves to shoot things, especially inanimate objects, in order to prove his manliness.

by Anonymousreply 290December 10, 2022 5:15 PM

Prior to Saturday's attacks and in the leadup to the midterm election, Newsweek obtained documents demonstrating dozens of instances of radical groups and individuals sharing threats online against critical infrastructure sites across the nation, along with materials designed to advance such plots.

Now, two new reports show how far-right communities, including neo-Nazis, reacted to the most recent sabotage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 10, 2022 8:46 PM

Letter from Calvary Christian School in Southern Pines, NC regarding Dec 3 drag show:

November 21, 2022,

Dear Parents,

The attached poster is a call to action the LGBTQ forces are coming to Southern Pines and they are after the children. You can see from the poster that student tickets are half price. This is their target audience to peddle their abomination. God's Word is very clear. Genesis 1:27- [bold]"So God created man in His Own Image, in the Image of God created He him; MALE AND FEMALE CREATED HE THEM."[/bold] There are no other genders. Deuteronomy 22:5- [bold]"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are an abomination unto the lord thy God."[/bold] The truth of God is that women are not to identify as men and men are not to identify as women - it is an abomination to God. The Truth of God is that our gender cannot be changed. Psalm 100:3 says [bold]"Know ye that the Lord HE IS GOD: IT IS HE THAT HATH MADE US AND NOT WE OURSELVES."[/bold] Someone has said that, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Something that we can do is contact the Executive Director of the Sunrise Theater website listed below and leave your message there - [website]. We need to contact him and voice our opposition and ask that the Sunrise cancel this show. In addition, the following local businesses are sponsoring this attack on the children of this community: Realty World - The Nikki Bowman Team - [email address] Manifest Boutique - [email address]

These businesses should be contacted and asked to withdraw their sponsorship. We would also encourage you to contact the members of the Southern Pines Town council. A permit has been approved for us to gather in protest from 5:00 p.m.- 7.00 p.m. on the day of the show, December 3, if the event is not cancelled. The time for silence is over. We must... earnestly contend for the faith...; we must...refuse the evil and choose the good...by letting our voices be heard.

In His Service,

Charles Garrison Jr. Administrator

Dwight M. Creech, Principal

[bold]Calvalry is a member of the American Association of Christian Schools which is part of ALEC: "ALEC has been one of the driving forces behind the manufactured outrage around schools. ALEC’s annual budget is around $8 million, which has included substantial funding from Koch Industries and oil billionaire Charles Koch’s fortune over the past 30 years, plus money from Big Tobacco, Big PhARMA, and other billionaires who want to dismantle public schools, such as the DeVos and Walton families." archive.vn/NIONR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 11, 2022 8:38 PM

Conservatives do not understand or wish to understand the nuances between the different types of individuals now represented as "transgender." They hate everything about ALL groups who don't subscribe to their regressive theology. Outrage is manufactured by think tanks and filtered through churches, social media and political leaders.

They project fears of harm to children on their directed targets because they, themselves, and their institutions are harming their children. They are incapable of addressing their own systemic issues so they rage outward. They also recognize that males are predatory towards women and children because they are either predating or have been victimized themselves.

Gender nonconformity does not automatically mean someone believes they are a different sex or gender. All nonconformist expressions threaten conservative patriarchal control but to be progressive means addressing and proactively correcting potential harm to all vulnerable groups.

Discussing male predators by grouping all gender nonconformists as "trans" is helping the patriarchal conservative hate campaign. You ignore all history in favor of proving your point about hypocrisy.

Discussing transgender rights while denying male predation and ignoring gender nonconformity in those who don't identify as "trans" is regressive. Your attempts at inclusion and acceptance are misleading, benefit the patriarchal conservatives, and fuel hate.

When we say you are causing problems for ALL of us, it doesn't mean we think gender nonconformists (except the predatory autogynephiles) deserve any less than the right to live freely. It is, and always has been, nuanced and both extremes are wrong. The terrorists do not care about the facts. Shutting down conversations with hardline accusations of bigotry and generalizations about all nonconformists only fuels their argument and divides ALL they target.

by Anonymousreply 293December 11, 2022 8:50 PM

[quote] to be progressive means addressing and proactively correcting potential harm to all vulnerable groups

Like protecting women & children from men who identify as women?

It’s impossible to change sex. TWAM & need to stay the hell away from children.

Nothing is more patriarchal than letting beta males dominate the non males.

by Anonymousreply 294December 11, 2022 9:45 PM

You reacted and completely missed the point, r294, either on purpose or because you've been trained to do so. Either way, I already had you blocked for derailing and inflaming but saw your reply after logging out.

Sleep on it and think a bit harder, r294.

by Anonymousreply 295December 11, 2022 10:57 PM

I'm not gonna read all that shit. It's pretty obvious at this point that the drag show was unrelated to the power outage.

by Anonymousreply 296December 11, 2022 10:58 PM

Agree R296. OP lied.

by Anonymousreply 297December 11, 2022 11:00 PM

OP was right.

by Anonymousreply 298December 11, 2022 11:14 PM

While OP’s thread title may have been presumptuous, how do we know there was no relation between the drag show and the timing of the power attack? A quick Google search shows there have been no news reports with this conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 299December 12, 2022 12:21 AM

How do we know it didn’t have anything to do with ShopRite not having a can-can sale again this year?

I mean, as long as we’re espousing ridiculous hypotheses about motive.

by Anonymousreply 300December 12, 2022 12:47 AM

If you don't think this was homegrown terrorism. I guess congrats on believing that humans are good.

by Anonymousreply 301December 12, 2022 12:58 AM

There was a person affiliated with the militia in the area who said she knew why the power was out and said it was because of the drag show that night.

Further, CNN reported that law enforcement is treating the attack as having come from a militia who wanted to shut down the drag event:

[quote]While no motive or suspect behind the North Carolina attacks has been identified, investigators are zeroing in on two possible threads centered on extremist behavior: writings by extremists on online forums encouraging attacks on critical infrastructure and a series of recent disruptions of LGBTQ+ events across the nation by domestic extremists, law enforcement sources told CNN.

If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, they need to say so, instead of just posting "it never happened blah blarh fart I'm so smart."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302December 12, 2022 2:47 AM

At r133, the 11/30/22 DHS Terrorism Advisory specifically warned of critical infrastructure attacks motivated by hate towards several targets, including the "LGBTQI+ community."

At r132, the multiple events targeted last weekend for intimidation by nazis and terrorist groups are detailed.

These are all connected organizations, with think tank and online driven hatred, including those in North Carolina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 12, 2022 4:20 AM

Short comments get me accused of being both a fascist bigot and of enabling sexual predators.

There is no way to break down complex issues in a few sentences without more misunderstandings. This multifaceted issue was pushed so hard, from all directions, for this exact reason. I am appealing to you to turn down the temperature and focus on who is responsible for all of these attacks.

Those of us with knowledge of history, behavior, and society recognize we're on the genocide express but yeah, links and detailed explanations: tl;dr lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 12, 2022 4:30 AM

[quote] I'll be interested to know if you're all still calling this terrorism when it turns out to have be the work of the Research Triangle Liberation Front (or whatever bullshit.)

The what?

by Anonymousreply 305December 12, 2022 4:36 AM

Too much time on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 306December 12, 2022 4:55 AM

R305 Those are the types of names anarchist groups give themselves. They often borrow Chamber of Commerce marketing nicknames for their local region.

by Anonymousreply 307December 12, 2022 1:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!