Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Irene Cara is dead to me! Part 2

continue here

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2022 12:08 AM

Looking at her old photos…she really was so lovely…

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2022 6:33 PM

Still dead!

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2022 10:07 PM

Did we ever get a cause of death?

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2022 3:59 AM

no r3. The family has having an autopsy done.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2022 4:28 AM

Did you all see the video from her one time manager? He described Irene's leaving the reality disaster, "Gone Country" as her having had a meltdown on-camera. I saw that show and didn't think of it as a meltdown at all; she had signed on to do what she thought was a challenge between musicians of varied backgrounds (an American Idol winner, a guy from N-Sync, rocker Sebastian Bach, Jermaine Jackson, and Cara) and walks into a Big Brother house where Lorenzo Lamas and a drunk or manic Sean Young is going nuts. She took the competition seriously, thinking it would challenge her musically and found out she was on a musical version of Jersey Shore and walked out. She sounded totally fine--frustrated but fine--when she explained why she could not continue. I didn't think of that as meltdown at all. Now, her being hard to work with and having trouble getting out of her own way. . .I believe those stories. But Gone Country was a shitshow and she was in the right to walk out as it was not what it had been represented to be.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2022 10:09 PM

She briefly took over for Stephanie Mills in THE WIZ…they both were also in the play MAGGIE FLYNN with Shirley Jones.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2022 11:45 PM

The autopsy was completed earlier this week, yet the family has not released the results to the public yet. I'm surprised TMZ didn't get their hands on the results.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2022 11:49 PM

Recluses are smart people. They keep drama away!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 1:55 AM

I feel bad that she lived/died in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 5:21 AM

R9 yeah, she deserved better

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2022 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!