Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Acting with grace

Ridiculous entitled frightbat, or simply elderly person out of touch? Either way, this article written by someone who knows her has a striking sentence: that her accuser, in rushing to the media, could have acted with some grace. Interesting: have we lost a sense of grace?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2022 7:15 PM

Apparently "grace" is what they call letting racists off the hook.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2022 2:30 AM

Interesting question to ponder, OP. Sadly, grace is very much "out" now, as we live in an age of harsh puritanism (see: R1), but maybe the pendulum will swing back one day. Hope so.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2022 2:34 AM

The one who acted with all the grace of a wart on the asshole of a camel is 'Prince' ahem William.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2022 2:41 AM

Where are you from, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2022 2:41 AM

R2, since you're probably some old racist biddy living in an assisted living facility, I hate to break it to you: you'll die soon and not have to worry about the fact that the Victorian Era is over.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2022 2:44 AM

Listen Lady Brazen Hussey Drop Dead! you wretched racist old crone.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2022 2:45 AM

What an enchantress you are, R5.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2022 2:56 AM

She sho is ugly!

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2022 3:05 AM

Who are your people ? - ask gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2022 3:10 AM

Fuck this old bag. No grace.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2022 3:20 AM

Met a cute guy who said he was from Africa. When asked "what country?" He said Morocco. How is that racist? The Woke crowd has it in for the Monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2022 3:22 AM

Didn't the woman have African dress on? The old bat was trying to show interest in her old bat way. It could have been politely laughed off but nooo. Such horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2022 3:41 AM

The Klan Grannies are having a rough go this week and self-medicating by posting endless threads about the same topic over and over.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2022 3:47 AM

Marlene Headley aka Ngozi Faluni is a lying shyster. Her cultural appropriation of West Africa puts her in the league of Rachel Dolezal. And Marlene’s tv interviews reveal she is untruthful. As do her prior social media posts and reports of those that have encountered her at her “ domestic violence” charity.

She also has been grifting monies as a result of this public debacle.

Marlene comes off as the antithesis of “Grace”.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2022 3:51 AM

The old woman is lovely and was trying to make conversation with someone wearing native African dress. That's what you do, you ask "where are you from?". And then you have a conversation about the country and culture and so on. It is being gracious.

When I was living in Italy , even after decades, people would hear my accent and ask me where I was from. Should I have been offended? I thought it was nice that they were showing interest.

Could someone explain to me what is racist about it?

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2022 3:57 AM

R2, the puritans are old biddies like you. Your fellow right-wingers are prudes who hate gay people and have never shown any "grace" to anyone who isn't like them

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2022 4:00 AM

I'm in my 30s, have never (and will never) vote for any right wing politician, and I don't think the old lady is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2022 4:07 AM

R16 oh sweetie….as if.

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2022 4:10 AM

I just assume they’re from the same place, they all look the same anyway, can’t tell the difference!

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2022 4:41 AM

R15, did they come up and touch you, and repeatedly question your answer?

She's an out of touch cunt ready for the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2022 4:49 AM

Racist? Of course not! Lady Hussey simply misspoke. Lady Hussey's speech got away from her. Lady Hussey should be excused.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2022 5:04 AM

Stupid woke culture.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2022 5:30 AM

If the Hussey crow would have just had a little grace the first or second time the woman said she was from the UK, she might not be the situation she's in.

Even so, I feel a little bad for her. But at her age, she shouldn't have been working. The only reason she was there is that she enjoys the power that comes with her volunteer job.

It's ALWAYS been rude to say that to someone. People may have used to say that all the time, but it was rude. And just because they used to say it back then didn't make it right.

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2022 8:10 AM

R20 still can't say why it's racist, though.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2022 8:32 AM

I get asked where I'm from all the time because I have a foreign accent. It's never bothered me. Should it? Am I a victim of racism?

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2022 8:33 AM

What R25 said. And then when I tell them where I'm from, where I was born, it's always an astonished "No!! You're kidding!! Really??" or "How did you end up with an accent if you were born there???" Since I've been going through the identical scenario for the past 40 years, I take it as an "ice-breaker"/opportunity to disabuse the masses.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2022 8:41 AM

Seriously, what is with these people's teeth ????

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2022 8:43 AM

Anastasia Beaverhausen???

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2022 8:44 AM

Hussey was obviously noticed behaving rudely, otherwise why would Charles and William issue statements and/or accept the woman's resignation?

Unless, Charles fucked up yet again.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2022 10:05 AM

[quote]this article written by someone who knows her has a striking sentence: that her accuser, in rushing to the media, could have acted with some grace. Interesting: have we lost a sense of grace?

I'm not quite sure what's so striking about this; it's very common for people who are being criticized to claim that they feel others are being mean to them or persecuting them, or not using the proper, respectful tone. That's all this is.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2022 10:29 AM

If you’re wearing interesting colorful garb, you are ‘kinda’ inviting inquiry 🧐

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2022 10:48 AM

r31 exactly...Elton John would never have been allowed to stay, let alone Rod Stewart or Boy George...

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2022 2:04 PM

[quote]did they come up and touch you, and repeatedly question your answer?

So what exactly did the old woman say? Tell us.

And were there other people there who heard it....or are we only hearing one side of the story?

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2022 2:10 PM

[quote]She's an out of touch cunt ready for the glue factory.

A typical statement from a certain faction of today's left.

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2022 2:16 PM

r34 republican who should be thrown off this forum...

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2022 2:25 PM

If you don’t want to be offended then don’t dress like you just crawled out of a hut 🛖 in the bush.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2022 3:12 PM

Unless Charles fucked up yet again.

Charles ALWAYS fucks up. I would never give him the benefit of the doubt. And now William seems a chip off the old block.

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2022 10:54 PM

I agree, R37. At least wait until the dust settles and the matter is investigated. Both Charles and Will are pussies in some ways, 'woke' in their fashion. I hate disloyalty.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2022 12:08 AM

Apparently Lady Hussey attends a church that is predominantly black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2022 5:44 AM

And her favorite TV show is The Jeffersons. She also has the In Living Color DVD collection.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2022 6:16 AM

There's a few 80 year old Woman in my family and they sound like this old Lady. They have no tact in asking questions and they're nosy as hell. Yoo have to be rude right back. This old Lady IS probably racist, I wouldn't doubt it at all.

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2022 7:25 AM

Yes being rude right back isn't enough they need their lives ruined in front of the entire world! And in their 80s so they are completely shattered!

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2022 10:01 AM

[quote]and if she is a racist, then I am an ornamental fountain

LOL, great line

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2022 10:59 AM

"Where are you from?" is a gag line in the UK. There's a radio show about immigration related issues called that. It's the exact subject of many TV comedy sketches.

There's grace and then there's knowing the responsibility of your official position, presumably to foster exchange and goodwill and to put attendees at a charity event at ease. Asking once is not impolite, but bearing down and pressing again and again and again obviously looking for some other, more exotic, perhaps colonial answer is not good form.

You might make a case of biting back at the baroness, "I've told you three times now where I'm from: London, Ealing, from Hanwell to be precise, same place my 'people' are from, but you seem to want more. What exactly is it that you want to know and why do you ask so persistently? Could it be that it's my citizenship you question? Something else?" That or something like it would have been my tact, just to get the old bitch to back down and let me pass, and yes I would probably have made a stink about it later.

That a stink was made publicly is perhaps indelicate for the 83 year old baroness, but a private stink...I imagine the baroness would be gearing up for the next function, quite unaware she had put a foot wrong. Raising a stink privately in that case to be sure that no action whatsoever is taken.

The baroness wasn't someone's dear old auntie who was brought along for the afternoon because the carer cancelled at the last minute and another could not be found. She's there is an official capacity to create a nice atmosphere and a personal touch to a charity event and its honorees, not to fucking grill a guest as if she were an interloper trying to crawl in over the fence. In her official capacity it's important that she have some sharpness about her of what's appropriate and what's not. Interrogating the fuck out of a Black woman "no, where are you really from? where are your people from?" are offbounds lines of questioning after the woman has answered the equivalent of "look, mate, like I already said, I'm from London."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2022 2:52 PM

In her official capacity it's important that she have some sharpness about her of what's appropriate and what's not.

She's 83 you fucking asshole. If she shouldn't have been there because she's getting feebleminded then it was up to Camilla to say no. Put Camilla through the meat grinder for Christ's sake. Oh but Camilla is a saint. So we'll throw the old wretch under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2022 7:15 PM

I feel a bit badly for Lady Susan and the haste at which she was chucked out and publicly shamed, but totally agree with r44's final paragraph here. It applies to all guest, not just those of color. Someone at the Palace should have made sure that all staff who come in contact with guests, like this, were minimally trained in basic interactive processes for the current age (ie. don't ask a WOC where she "is from").

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2022 7:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!